Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera (5867 Views)

I'm Done With Xiaomi Brand / After 2 Weeks With Xiaomi Mi 11 - 120hz Refresh Rate Or Nothing! / I'm Highly Disappointed With JUMIA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by MrClassic2020: 5:55am On Jul 15, 2020
Hello everyone.
I have been a loyal buyer of blackbery device before their demise some years ago and I av been using samsung phones ever since.
I decided to get a new phone for my younger sis yesterday
I check the Xiaomi phones available and I noticed most of them have bad camera.
The camera always look dark and does not look smooth like my samsung camera.
I also observe the tecno and infinix phones I saw perform better compare to the xiomi camera.
If Xiaomi is all about processor and bad camera....It's a big No for me.

Does anyone know any Xiaomi phone with good camera.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by shedy03(m): 6:35am On Jul 15, 2020
MrClassic2020:
Hello everyone.
I have been a loyal buyer of blackbery device before their demise some years ago and I av been using samsung phones ever since.
I also observe the tecno and infinix phones I saw perform better compare to the xiomi camera.

We ran a camera test in my office, and the outcome was that a Xiaomi RN7PRO beats galaxy A71 camera.
Check out the RN7pro, might be what u want.

16 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by Faithful4real(m): 6:40am On Jul 15, 2020
MrClassic2020:
Hello everyone.

Did you use it with GCam?
Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by jonzingcaesar(m): 7:08am On Jul 15, 2020
Faithful4real:

Did you use it with GCam?

Even without Gcam bro. No infinix / Tecno camera can beat a Xiaomi camera. This guy is just a transission marketer

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by IamDavid(m): 7:24am On Jul 15, 2020
Firstly, I'm not a Transsion lover. I used to love xiaomi as I thought it's a formidable alternative to the Tecno and infinix things, considering the processor and camera. I never owned one anyways. However, my brother got a new redmi note 9 some weeks ago and my experience with it made me conclude that it's not that distinctive from the Transsion counterparts.

Reasons
1. Many xiaomi phones still use hello chipsets found in most Transsions, although they use slightly better ones. The experience is far from Snapdragon processors found in high end phones.
2. The camera isn't that stellar. When properly tweaked, most xiaomi phones will easily compete with the best Tecno and infinix cameras. And that's the end to it. It's not even comparable to the iPhones and google pixels or even Samsung s10 and newer.

So, when you're planning to buy a xiaomi phone, don't think you'll compete with people using great phones, just know you've gotten a good and affordable phone.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by Lavoca: 8:00am On Jul 15, 2020
IamDavid:
Firstly, I'm not a Transsion lover. I used to love xiaomi as I thought it's a formidable alternative to the Tecno and infinix things, considering the processor and camera. I never owned one anyways. However, my brother got a new redmi note 9 some weeks ago and my experience with it made me conclude that it's not that distinctive from the Transsion counterparts.

Reasons
1. [s]Many xiaomi phones still use hello chipsets found in most Transsions, although they use slightly better ones. The experience is far from Snapdragon processors found in high end phones.
2. The camera isn't that stellar. When properly tweaked, most xiaomi phones will easily compete with the best Tecno and infinix cameras. And that's the end to it. It's not even comparable to the iPhones and google pixels or even Samsung s10 and newer.

So, when you're planning to buy a xiaomi phone, don't think you'll compete with people using great phones, just know you've gotten a good and affordable phone. [/s]
Mention the Xioami that uses the Helio series. In the last five years, I'm very sure MTK powered devices from Xiaomi is not up to 5.

Only of recent, we had G90T, G85 and G80 powered devices.

28 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by skywalker240(m): 8:10am On Jul 15, 2020
Where I stopped taking your comments serious was where you said and I quote

I can never take you serious after that comment

Or are you talking about the Tecno camon 15 premier that Tecno lied about 64mp?

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by IamDavid(m): 8:11am On Jul 15, 2020
Lavoca:
Mention the Xioami that uses the Helio series. In the last five years, I'm very sure MTK powered devices from Xiaomi is not up to 5.

Only of recent, we had G90T, G85 and G80 powered devices.
The xiaomi redmi note 9 uses the MTK helio G80 processor. Even the Snapdragon Xiaomis are usually the low to medium tiers (600+ or 700+). It's either you know little about phones or you're unnecessarily emotional about Xiaomi. Whatever the case is, it's none of my business. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by KrazyDave16(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2020
MrClassic2020:
Hello everyone.

First of all tell us the name of the redmi/mi device (RN7/8/9), the Samsung device you used to do the comparison test and the Infinix/Tecno phones you observed.

The stock cam might not be Pixel or iPhone quality but you saying that Tecno and Infinix stock cam is better is what I won't believe. And which one is "camera always look dark".

15 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by Mustiboy(m): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2020
Great marketing and bad-mouthing of other brands by Transsion marketers. Kudos.

You're doing a great job.

20 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by chariisGRACE(m): 8:34am On Jul 15, 2020
The camera isn't that stellar. When properly tweaked, most xiaomi phones will easily compete with the best Tecno and infinix cameras. And that's the end to it. It's not even comparable to the iPhones and google pixels or even Samsung s10 and newer.

AT THE BOLDED: Some people no get shame to compare Flagship with Budget.

15 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by obinoral1179(m): 8:35am On Jul 15, 2020
Please how can i install gcam on my RN8..
Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by Effulgent(m): 8:40am On Jul 15, 2020
IamDavid:

Reasons
1. Many xiaomi phones still use hello chipsets found in most Transsions, although they use slightly better ones. The experience is far from Snapdragon processors found in high end phones.

So, when you're planning to buy a xiaomi phone, don't think you'll compete with people using great phones, just know you've gotten a good and affordable phone.

You need to pray for understanding really

how would you compare a budget or mid-range phone camera with a flagship camera(comparing RN7 or 8 camera with iPhone 11 grin)?

How would you compare MTK processors (meanwhile,tell me a phone they have used Helio chipsets recently) to snapdragon in high-end phones?

there's a reason we have categorization of smartphones, please just go and read up on Google .

All these transsion people, when you see a glaring truth, you always choose to mislead others all because of the peanuts given to you?

You are one of the numerous reasons Nigeria is still backward.

22 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by eteebanky: 8:44am On Jul 15, 2020
I'm not surprised
marketers as usual
Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by IamDavid(m): 8:47am On Jul 15, 2020
Effulgent:

You need to pray for understanding really

how would you compare a budget or mid-range phone camera with a flagship camera(comparing RN7 or 8 camera with iPhone 11 grin)?

How would you compare MTK processors (meanwhile,tell me a phone they have used Helio chipsets recently) to snapdragon in high-end phones?

there's a reason we have categorization of smartphones, please just go and read up on Google .

All these transsion people, when you see a glaring truth, you always choose to mislead others all because of the peanuts given to you?

You are one of the numerous reasons Nigeria is still backward.

I can see lots of you are frustrated and you're just looking for who to vent your anger on. It's obvious that you lack the ability to read and understand correctly. The summary of my post is "when you buy a xiaomi, don't think you're that better than a Tecno user". Do you understand now? Olodo

And btw, I'll prefer a UK used google pixel (about the same price as the redmi note whatever or Tecno camon) than the mediocre stuffs put out by these Chinese companies.
Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by edoairways: 9:04am On Jul 15, 2020
jonzingcaesar:

Even without Gcam bro. No infinix / Tecno camera can beat a Xiaomi camera. This guy is just a transission marketer
So you must use Gcam to enhance your picture quality? Smh

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by edoairways: 9:06am On Jul 15, 2020
obinoral1179:
Please how can i install gcam on my RN8..
Go to xiaomi thread so see the link.
https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread
Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by HolyTitus(m): 9:09am On Jul 15, 2020
MrClassic2020:
Hello everyone.

Troll spotted - XR7 'default' cam

9 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by HolyTitus(m): 9:19am On Jul 15, 2020
Front 'default' portrait cam.

I know your guilty conscience go don start dey prick by you now.

Enjoy your transsion device(s).

2 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by ibawon(m): 9:22am On Jul 15, 2020
jonzingcaesar:

You don't really have to bring this marketer thing up when a person complains of a device

8 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by ibawon(m): 9:26am On Jul 15, 2020
Redmi devices are not flagships so don't expect much from their cameras that's why many have to use GCAM, ANX and co.
I use Mi9 and the default camera fills my box.
Some Transsion device cameras really do great wonders so Camera can never be balanced like SOCs do

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by dxdiag(m): 9:29am On Jul 15, 2020
Come straight dude, u re stylishly advertising Techno/infinix.
I like the way you blend it but we all know whose side you on.
Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by dxdiag(m): 9:30am On Jul 15, 2020
Come straight dude, u re stylishly advertising Techno/infinix.
I like the way you blend it but we all know whose side you on.
Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by sagieramos(m): 9:49am On Jul 15, 2020
IamDavid:

Reasons

Are you trying to compare Xiaomi with transsions?
Make ordinary redmi 9 a budget device dey senior infinix note 7 flagship

And BTW, why would a sane person compare Xiaomi midrange phone with a flagship Samsung Galaxy S10? Why not compare with Galaxy A70 and let see who offer best value for money?

I use RN8, and I can tell you from personal experience that the phone is smooth... Switching between games such as CODM to other app such as tinder, Twitter, Zoom, etc switch smoothly on my phone which is an impossible task on transsion phones. I'm also expecting an update (Android 10) by next month...

This shot was taken with GCAM on RN8. No be Xiaomi cause transsion phone no to support GCAM

24 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by Rypt(m): 9:59am On Jul 15, 2020
MrClassic2020:
Hello everyone.

e no dey hard to know transsion marketers

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by ddjay: 10:03am On Jul 15, 2020
IamDavid:

Reasons

At least tell the xiaomi users the phone model so that they can teach u how to use the camera, this is all about humility, just ask and many will answer you instead of sounding like a transsion marketer, even if you are not, this your post has made u a transsion marketer.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by IamDavid(m): 10:34am On Jul 15, 2020
ddjay:

At least tell the xiaomi users the phone model so that they can teach u how to use the camera, this is all about humility, just ask and many will answer you instead of sounding like a transsion marketer, even if you are not, this your post has made u a transsion marketer.

Well, I don't care how the truth sound like, I just posted my honest opinion based on my experience and if it has made me a "marketer" of any sort, so be it.
Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by megafox: 10:42am On Jul 15, 2020
Here are stock Camera Pictures casually taken... Front Camera oooo before you think is main Camera

I use Mi Note 10 lite. Don't compare what you don't understand... This phone can with GCam compete with other high ends cams

22 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by Effulgent(m): 10:44am On Jul 15, 2020
IamDavid:

I can see lots of you are frustrated and you're just looking for who to vent your anger on. It's obvious that you lack the ability to read and understand correctly. The summary of my post is "when you buy a xiaomi, don't think you're that better than a Tecno user". Do you understand now? Olodo

And btw, I'll prefer a UK used google pixel (about the same price as the redmi note whatever or Tecno camon) than the mediocre stuffs put out by these Chinese companies.

I'm not even a xiaomi user, you can check my posts on Nairaland

my question is, how many xiaomi phones have you used to state the bolded ?
you can't use Redmi 7a or 8a and expect out of the world performance, alright?

I'm just just a fan of value for money

And you don't need the abuse or call anybody olodo to explain your points, can't you hold a simple argument without abusive words?

15 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by IamDavid(m): 10:45am On Jul 15, 2020
sagieramos:

Are you trying to compare Xiaomi with transsions?
Make ordinary redmi 9 a budget device dey senior infinix note 7 flagship

And BTW, why would a sane person compare Xiaomi midrange phone with a flagship Samsung Galaxy S10? Why not compare with Galaxy A70 and let see who offer best value for money?

I use RN8, and I can tell you from personal experience that the phone is smooth... Switching between games such as CODM to other app such as tinder, Twitter, Zoom, etc switch smoothly on my phone which is an impossible task on transsion phones. I'm also expecting an update (Android 10) by next month...

This shot was taken with GCAM on RN8. No be Xiaomi cause transsion phone no to support GCAM

Your comment is honest, I like that. However, mine is honest too. I've used Tecno camon before and it produces pretty useable images without camera ports, so I know what I was saying when I said "when properly tweaked, most xiaomi cameras will easily compete with the best infinix and Tecno phones".

My point is, xiaomi and Transsions are not as wide apart in class and performance as some people paint it to be.

I seem not to understand the people calling me a marketer because from my posts, I think it's quite obvious I'm not a lover of the Chinese phones. I've not used such in the past two years and I can't use it again (by God's grace). In fact, I plan switching to IOS by December.

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by IamDavid(m): 10:48am On Jul 15, 2020
Effulgent:

I'm not even a xiaomi user, you can check my posts on Nairaland

my question is, how many xiaomi phones have you used to state the bolded ?
you can't use Redmi 7a or 8a and expect out of the world performance, alright?

I'm just just a fan of value for money

And you don't need the abuse or call anybody olodo to explain your points, can't you hold a simple argument without abusive words?

Well, My friend uses the redmi note 8, my immediate brother bought the note 9, and I've been exploring it in the past few weeks. In fact, it's right beside me right now.
I love value too. And about using abusive words, let's be fair. You insulted me first and I can't keep bottling up insults in the name of maturity.

And to conclude, if I have to use "Chinese" phones, it will definitely be Xiaomi because I believe it is slightly better. I think I've tried my best to make my points
Re: I Am Disappointed With Xiaomi Camera by Austeeenxx: 11:09am On Jul 15, 2020
Xiaomi o, Infinix, Itel, Tecno, ati Naomi o... Chinko ni gbogbo yin. But there are levels to chinko sha.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help With Starcomms Configuration / Airtel 350 Naira For 1gb New Code / 5", 5.1", 5.2" And 5.5" Screen Phones: Which One Is The Ideal Size?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.