Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,004 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki (708 Views)

Wike: I’ll Announce My Presidential Candidate In January (Video, Pics) / ‘Get Well Soon’, Obaseki Writes Capt Hosa (leaked Letter) / PDP Reacts As Wike Dumps Obaseki, Reveals Next Line Of Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by nairavsdollars(f): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, on Saturday said he is unfazed by his disqualification by the All Progressives Congress (APC) screening committee for the party’s primary election, even as stakeholders in Edo State have rallied behind his unflinching resolve to fight off those angling to plunder the state’s treasury.

In a statement, Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Communication Strategy, Mr. Crusoe Osagie, said, “The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki sincerely appreciates Edo people, Nigerians and our brothers and sisters in the Diaspora, for the outpouring of goodwill and solidarity since the announcement of his unjust disqualification by the All Progressives Congress (APC) Screening Committee from the Edo governorship primary election. He thanks them for keeping the faith.

“We are consulting widely with party leaders and members in the state and other stakeholders and we shall soon brief the public on the next steps we are taking, going forward.”

He noted that the governor’s insistence not to appeal his disqualification is informed by his stance not to kowtow to the wishes of a handful of politicians, who do not have the interest of the people at heart.

According to him, “The governor is unfazed, even as he would soon announce his next line of action. But at the moment, Edo people and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) are solidly standing behind the governor. They have declared unflinching support for him and the ideals he stands for.

“The market women, labour unions, clerics, women groups, the elderly, artisan groups, youths, among others, are strongly in support of the governor’s ambition and his stance to keep the state’s treasury sealed from those who have now resorted to disqualifying him from running under the APC in the gubernatorial elections because of their selfish interests. But Governor Obaseki remains undaunted and unperturbed.

“For Obaseki, it is Edo people or nothing. This is why he has remained in this battle thus far. Among many other reasons, each of the groups that form the governor’s support base have benefitted from Governor Obaseki’s stance against thuggery and extortion. The governor has enthroned probity and accountability in governance.”

https://www.independent.ng/ill-announce-my-next-line-of-action-very-soon-obaseki/

Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by Ezennwa(m): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2020
hmm!

Your next line of action is to contest on the platform of PDP
Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by hisexcellency34: 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2020
I can only be surprised if he joins SDP or AA
Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by Iytech(m): 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2020
Defection to PDP

It's visible to the blind and aidible to the deaf.
Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by Salvador1: 6:50pm On Jun 13, 2020
I reserve my comment for this Edo matter
Let me settle the one on my head .

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by Jesusloveyou: 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2020
This one resemble governor
Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by bolaayenimo: 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2020
What if the man says I won't contest again but remain a loyal member of APC?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by Throwback: 6:59pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

Your next line of action is to contest on the platform of PDP

See begging.

Does it mean the PDP have no hope in its current party members who have shown interest in the party ticket?

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by Ezennwa(m): 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2020
Throwback:

See begging.

Does it mean the PDP have no hope in its current party members who have shown interest in the party ticket?
Na you Sabi
Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by Built2last: 7:07pm On Jun 13, 2020
You can die while trying than allow Abuja determine your destiny.

Try, Even if you fail, you fought like a man

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by PIMPAR: 7:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
Lol
Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by PIMPAR: 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2020
Obaseki is purely a liability with no electoral values.

In the 2016 Edo Governorship election that brought Obaseki to office, he (Obaseki) lost to the PDP’s candidate (Pastor Ize Iyamu) in his Ward, Local Government Area and Senatorial district.
The then National Chairman of the APC (Chief Oyegun) also lost woefully to PDP in his polling unit, Ward, Local Government and Senatorial district.
In fact, it was the massive votes that H. E., Comrade Adams Oshiomole turned out from his Edo North Senatorial district that made Godwin Obaseki to win the 2016 Edo Governorship election.
Therefore, before we begin overate a looser, let’s go back to our archives and do a SWOT analysis of the situation then and now, vis-a-vis the major characters. This, I am sure is what the PDP will be doing over this weekend.
Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by Azmanaty: 7:09pm On Jun 13, 2020
PDP all the way!!
Osho d Undertaker has finally buried APC grin
Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by slivertongue: 7:15pm On Jun 13, 2020
“For Obaseki, it is Edo people or nothing. This is why he has remained in this battle thus far. Among many other reasons, each of the groups that form the governor’s support base have benefitted from Governor Obaseki’s stance against thuggery and extortion. The governor has enthroned probity and accountability in governance.”
Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by slivertongue: 7:18pm On Jun 13, 2020
PIMPAR:
Obaseki is purely a liability with no electoral values.

In the 2016 Edo Governorship election that brought Obaseki to office, he (Obaseki) lost to the PDP’s candidate (Pastor Ize Iyamu) in his Ward, Local Government Area and Senatorial district.
The then National Chairman of the APC (Chief Oyegun) also lost woefully to PDP in his polling unit, Ward, Local Government and Senatorial district.
In fact, it was the massive votes that H. E., Comrade Adams Oshiomole turned out from his Edo North Senatorial district that made Godwin Obaseki to win the 2016 Edo Governorship election.
Therefore, before we begin overate a looser, let’s go back to our archives and do a SWOT analysis of the situation then and now, vis-a-vis the major characters. This, I am sure is what the PDP will be doing over this weekend.

from ur narrative PDP is actually on ground, and obaseki will be an added advantage
Re: Edo 2020: I Will Announce My Next Line Of Action Very Soon - Obaseki by bolaayenimo: 7:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
He has not fought anything at all. Not different from Ambode

Built2last:
You can die while trying than allow Abuja determine your destiny.

Try, Even if you fail, you fought like a man

(1) (Reply)

Here Are Five Major Obstacles Obaseki Must Overcome To Clinch Pdp’s Ticket / Oshiomhole’s Traditional Ruler Backs Obaseki / Edo: Moment A Member Of INEC Staff Was Caught In The Act Of Rigging (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.