Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape (26506 Views)

3 Celestial Church Members In Court For Rape, Organ Harvesting In Lagos / Biblical Laws For Rape / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by SenecaTheYonger: 1:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
[quote author=Zooposki post=90658107][/quote]

Then what did they call women that haven’t have sex before?
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Zooposki(f): 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Then what did they call women that haven’t have sex before?

Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by sammywhity: 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
May God help us, many people are out there just to deceive many,know what you accept as truth better study the bible for yourself
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by alBHAGDADI: 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

The most irritating part of this write up is that OP did not advice men to flee from rape. He is busy focusing on blaming women like a typical male.

Why can he not also add advice to perverted males and tell them to never force a woman no matter how she is dressed because dressing is not invitation to rape no matter how flimsy the dress is.

Tell your fellow men to practise self control and stop seeing women as tools to satisfy their sexual perversions.

Please, stop viewing everything from a male vs female point of view. That's why you didn't see that the death punishment mentioned is enough to make a sensible man flee from rape.
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
abdulkayus:

U are a bigot for saying Islam support rape, Islam seriously frown on premarital sex and adultery, talk less of rape. U bigots will just be everywhere spreading lies about Islam just fulfill your innate hatred toward Islam.
Be responsible pls.
No offense bro. But this is what I've heard everywhere. You can enlighten me on your laws if I'm wrong. I have no ills towards your belief and all. I'm not a religionist.
So feel free to modify your comment and make it an enlightenment. I've modified mine too. Thanks.
**Shakes hands**
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by hashtagged(m): 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin

All these laws has been rendered useless as Jesus has died on the cross for our sins.

Exactly that proves the owner of this post dosent know his bible at all he may not even be a christain
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by triplechoice(m): 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

He humbles her by taking away her pride which is her virginity.

Lay hold is not force not cannot be equated with rape. it is simply to hold on to something.

1 Timothy 6:12 KjV
Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Your problem is poor education. You do not know that the context in which a word is used is what actually determines its true meaning.
Your understanding of the English language is very poor.
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by elganzar(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
TrajansKong:

You're telling us only the fear of God stops you from raping

You are the perfect stereotype of a depraved, heartless Nigerian Christian.

It is obvious why you need your Magic Book so badly.

I didn't say it ONLY takes the fear of God to stop you from raping

It seems your eye sight is not the only thing degenerating
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Rhaspody(m): 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
masterP042:

I don't have time to argue with you cos you're just trying to justify stone age terrible laws.
You and I know that death is a huge punishment for adultery no matter how you may want to justify it. I rest my case. Thank you

Common excuse "ai don't have time"
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Rhaspody(m): 2:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
masterP042:

I don't have time to argue with you cos you're just trying to justify stone age terrible laws.
You and I know that death is a huge punishment for adultery no matter how you may want to justify it. I rest my case. Thank you

Common excuse "i don't have time"
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by lecturerdabo(m): 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

The number one trending topic in Nigeria today is rape, and it is due to the rape and murder of Uwaila Omozuwa, Barakat Bello and Shomuyiwa Azeezat.

This has led to calls from many who say the best way to prevent rape is to make castration the punishment. While this seems like a good idea, it is not what the law of God issues as punishment for rapists. Is the Bible silent on rape? No. The Bible protects victims and encourages them to speak up and not be shamed.

The Bible gave different scenarios which rape can be said to have occurred or not.

1.) Consensual sex but the lady is betrothed to someone else. Punishment is death for the lady and guy.

2.) Sex that is not consensual which is RAPE. Punishment is death for the guy, blamelessness for the lady.

3.) Consensual sex with a lady that is NOT betrothed to someone else. Punishment is marriage with no divorce.

The first involves the lady not crying out when she knew she could get help.

Deutoronomy 22:23-24
23 If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;
24 Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

The first instance can't be classified as rape because it happened in a place where the woman could have easily gotten help if she had cried. Her failure to do so shows she consented to the act. You must ask "why did God say they should be stoned to death if it was consensual?". They are to be stoned to death because the lady has been betrothed to another man and is considered is wife. So, guys be careful how you go about sleeping with people's fiancee. The judgement is death. Luckily for you, Nigeria doesn't regard God's laws. Sadly for you, God could kill you himself.

Deutoronomy 22:25-27
25 But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die.
26 But unto the damsel thou shalt do nothing; there is in the damsel no sin worthy of death: for as when a man riseth against his neighbour, and slayeth him, even so is this matter:
27 For he found her in the field, and the betrothed damsel cried, and there was none to save her.

This second scenario is a clear sign of rape. The man finds her in the field where no one could hear the lady cry for help. The Bible says he forced her, which shows she didn't consent to it. This is rape and the Bible equates the sin to murder. The punishment is death, not castration. As for the lady, she won't face any punishment.

Deutoronomy 22:28-29
28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

This third case is consensual sex because they were found, not that she cried out for help. It is similar to a guy and a lady dating and having sex in secret to avoid the judgement of a sane society. If they are found, the man must married the lady whom he met a virgin. He must pay her bride price and must never divorce her. What if she wasn't a virgin? That case is fornication.

So, guys stays away from the bandwagon calling for the castration of rapists. That is against God's law which says rapists should be killed after thorough investigation is done.

Many who scream for castration of rapists are also guilty of death, for they cheat on their fiance, wife, husband which in God's eyes is punishable by death. That's being a hypocritical judge.

Matthew 7:2
“For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.”

One more thing.

Many today will say the clothes a lady wears have nothing to do with her getting raped. I can already sense a good sum of them already slamming me a rapists for what I'm about to say.

The truth is, everything we do has a consequence, whether we agree or not. When ladies are told to avoid dressing seductively, it is actually for their own protection. Dressing decently and avoiding getting caught in dark, lonely or dangerous places are ways to avoid rape. It is only a fool that will say clothes or dress code should never lead to rape. That is similar to saying there are no longer evil people in this world.

There are evil people who are demon possessed. They don't reason like the many sane guys who can control themselves. A little show of the thighs by a lady can trigger that demon in them towards rape. Guess what? It is not only demon possessed people that rape. Even guys who think they are sane do fall into temptation. So why as a lady do you go about tempting guys and expecting a different result?

Why don't go buy a 65 inch 4K Smart TV and put it at a junction like Oshodi in Lagos. Leave it there and see if you will meet it there the following morning. Guess what? It might not be stolen by confirmed thieves. It could be stolen by someone that has never stolen before but got tempted by the package. So, why do ladies think leaving themselves in the open doesn't have consequence? Oh, you want to live however you want with no consequence?

A bank with armed security guards and cyber security still gets robbed by cyber and armed robbers. Do you think it is only cyber and armed robbers that will rob a bank with its vault at its car park with no security? People that have never stolen before will join in when they see money flying in the air.

When people tell you to dress recently which the Bible also says, it is actually for your own good and others. Don't listen to those celebrities saying otherwise. They are part of the problem. Their business promotes indecency, so they are angry that people are speaking against indecency.

The diva singer who dances unclad in her movies and music videos goes home with millions and under the protection of bodyguards. The females that get influenced by her actions live in notorious neighborhoods where the guys wake up to smoke weed and drink adulterated alcohol which they did before going to bed under the bridge where they sleep. How safe do you think you will be walking pass that quite bridge at night especially when dressed seductively? You might be dressed like a masquerade and still get rape right there. That's why the Bible says to avoid fields i.e lonely places.

Give wisdom a chance and the foolishness that comes with emotions will flee.

M
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
It would have been better if you guys check punishment for rape in Isreal than all these back and forth arguments.

In case some of us didn't know.
The bible is from isreal.
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Jj222(f): 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
op you said many girls r rape because of indecent dressing. I have few questions pls asnwer me. many babies r raped some r months old, some less than 7 yrs , some maids even some mad women n even d old women. so all this female I mentioned do they dress indecent? And why is that d harlots that even dress indecent r not rape. plz no excuse for rape. if u can not control ur manhood is better u cut it off According to Bible.
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by TrajansKong: 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
elganzar:

I didn't say it ONLY takes the fear of God to stop you from raping

It seems your eye sight is not the only thing degenerating

Forgive me.

It is also the GRACE of God which stops you from being a rapist.

I understand.

You are still a terrible person who needs help... shocked sad
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by NaMeAboki: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Openbusiness:
[/s]
Oga you are talking in the rubbish! Christ has abolished fulfilled the Law and the Prophets. The wages of SIN is death, all sin, not just Rape alone. The soul that sinneth shall die, the Good book also says. Going by these, alone, everyone should be killed, not just rapists alone because sin is sin before God. Even that harmless little lie is sin that is punishable by eternal death. But God decided to show mercy, and Jesus paid the full price for all sins. So we don’t live by the laws of Moses any more, but by the Laws of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. So what should be the punishment for rape today? The punishment is jail time, not execution. How long should the jail time be? Well, that's up to the courts and legislature to decide. But if I was to suggest, then I will say, the more violent the rape act, the more repetitive the rape act (for people that enslave others for serial rapes as sex slaves) the longer the jail time. If the rapist murders the rape victim, then it is no longer a rape case only but a murder case and must be tried as such

You gotta be kidding; so according to you, having paid the ultimate price Jesus effectively abolished Mosaic laws and also wiped away the act of sinning - and where in the Bible or did he (Jesus) prescribed jail time for the crime of Rape?

Some Christians, having already been brainwashed against other religions are too shocked and ashamed when confronted with the true realities of their own religion and therefore try to rewrite it (through their many times revised Bible) in order to suit their modern permissive lifestyle.

Quite on the contrary; Jesus supported the Old Testament's death-penalty provisions
when he said he came not to abolish the Mosaic Law but to complete it.[ Matthew 5:17]
He warned that anyone who sets aside even the least of the Law's demands, and teaches others to do so, will be lowest in the kingdom of heaven.[Matthew 5:18-19]
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by benji93: 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
masterP042:

Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Openbusiness: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
NaMeAboki:

You gotta be kidding; so according to you, having paid the ultimate price Jesus effectively abolished Mosaic laws and also wiped away the act of sinning - and where in the Bible or did he (Jesus) prescribed jail time for the crime of Rape?

Some Christians, having already been brainwashed against other religions are too shocked and ashamed when confronted with the true realities of their own religion and therefore try to rewrite it (through their many times revised Bible) in order to suit their modern permissive lifestyle.

Quite on the contrary; Jesus supported the Old Testament's death-penalty provisions
when he said he came not to abolish the Mosaic Law but to complete it.[ Matthew 5:17]
He warned that anyone who sets aside even the least of the Law's demands, and teaches others to do so, will be lowest in the kingdom of heaven.[Matthew 5:18-19]
Abeg i don't have your time today, maybe next year, I will be in the mood to reply.
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by alBHAGDADI: 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Jj222:
op you said many girls r rape because of indecent dressing. I have few questions pls asnwer me. many babies r raped some r months old, some less than 7 yrs , some maids even some mad women n even d old women. so all this female I mentioned do they dress indecent? And why is that d harlots that even dress indecent r not rape. plz no excuse for rape. if u can not control ur manhood is better u cut it off According to Bible.

I mentioned instances where despite dressed like a masquerade, some ladies still get raped. Demon possessed people don't need to see indecency before they rape. Also, note that some rape are ritual inclined. That should explain why babies are raped, even mad women. Asides that, mental disorder which is also demon possession causes a man to see himself as a pedophile only aroused by babies.

So, dress code is not the only reason for rape, but one of the reasons which must be addressed to avoid being a rape victim.
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Mrpojj(m): 4:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
masterP042:

50 shekels of silver is about 570 grams of silver, that about $450, so if someone rapes your virgin daughter or sister, that's enough compensation right? Infact him paying that makes him entitled to marry her too.

And u think it's was easy to pay then?
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by triplechoice(m): 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

I mentioned instances where despite dressed like a masquerade, some ladies still get raped. Demon possessed people don't need to see indecency before they rape. Also, note that some rape are ritual inclined. That should explain why babies are raped, even mad women. Asides that, mental disorder which is also demon possession causes a man to see himself as a pedophile only aroused by babies.

So, dress code is not the only reason for rape, but one of the reasons which must be addressed to avoid being a rape victim.

Dressing or dress code as you put it is not a reason for anyone to be raped.

There are lots of societies where women go almost naked and the men there don't even attempt to rape them.

If you go to some villages here in Nigeria you still find young ladies going about without little clothing on without anyone bothering how they dress or attempt to rape them. Why is this so?

It's your religious indoctrination that has blinded your from seeing that how a lady dress is not the problem.

I have gone through your op over and over again and all I can see is you presenting yourself as a potential rapist.
Yes. Go through the op and read you saying that a lady who mistakenly exposes her thighs can be raped by anyone and you are not exempt from it.

My friend you are sick and you need professional help
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by bizzibodi(m): 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
IAmMysterious:

Amended the law?

So you mean the laws of the supposedly Almighty and infallible Yahweh who is also Jesus's father in heaven NEEDED AMENDMENT
grin grin grin grin
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by alBHAGDADI: 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
triplechoice:

Dressing or dress code as you put it is not a reason for anyone to be raped.

There are lots of societies where women go almost naked and the men there don't even attempt to rape them.

If you go to some villages here in Nigeria you still find young ladies going about without little clothing on without anyone bothering how they dress or attempt to rape them. Why is this so?

It's your religious indoctrination that has blinded your from seeing that how a lady dress is not the problem.

I have gone through your op over and over again and all I can see is you presenting yourself as a potential rapist.
Yes. Go through the op and read you saying that a lady who mistakenly exposes her thighs can be raped by anyone and you are not exempt from it.

My friend you are sick and you need professional help

When someone cannot hold an argument, they tend to make accusations against you. You are blind to the truth. I pray God saves you.
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by bizzibodi(m): 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
This rape this no b today he start ooo!
That is why almost every society frm immemorial, said no it is not right a man sees any lady whether married or not,u cnt just pounce on her like a he-goat & poke her,they now scratch their head & came out with laws.like if someone has possed a woman i;e engage or paid bride price u shdnt go near her.
A Woman cannot marry 2 men to prevent conflicts....but i must say men are going back to d stone age where might is right.
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by ume1000: 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
IJOBA2:
WHO IS THIS PROPHET LIKE MOSES BRUH
his name is Emanuel (God with us)
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by triplechoice(m): 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

When someone cannot hold an argument, they tend to make accusations against you. You are blind to the truth. I pray God saves you.

You have not before now responded to anything I have said.How come the argument ?

I said you're a potential rapist and the evidence is there in the op.Anyone who cannot see this, is as blind as you are.

You need the God saving more
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by ume1000: 5:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
IJOBA2:
I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF ISHMAEL IS NOT MOSES BRETHREN
is your step uncle your brethren
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by CHoccolaTE: 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
TrajansKong:

You are asking religious fanatics to practice self-control grin grin grin grin

Madam, you are wicked O! grin grin grin

Lol

Some of them have great self control but usually for foolish things like 7 days fasting or not spending tithes/first fruit moni

1 Like

Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by God2man2again(m): 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nice topic.
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by WoundedLamb: 6:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
They will ignore all these parts of the bible cause adultery is a majority sin (when the majority does the same thing, it ceases to be sinful). They'd rather focus on the part that speaks against homosexuality, a minority sin.
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by phemmyfour: 6:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
OP is quoting the laws that were replaced by Christ with two laws
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by bonna4u(m): 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

When we tell you people to stick with the King James Version of the Bible, you think we don't know what we are saying.

The NIV and other Bible versions apart from KJV are false and composed by the Devil himself to create confusion among Christians.

Read the thread below to see why.

https://www.nairaland.com/4957299/bible-sword-butter-knife-why
Thanks, had to follow the link. I read those passages in from the NIV. Truth be told, I was disappointed and had to delete the app from my phone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Zuma & His Wife At Chris Oyakhilome's LFMA2017 (Photos) / Mother Teresa Is Now 'Saint Teresa Of Calcutta'! / Apostle Suleman: I Bought Cars For All My Male Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.