Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape (26485 Views)

3 Celestial Church Members In Court For Rape, Organ Harvesting In Lagos / Biblical Laws For Rape / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by IJOBA2: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
ume1000:
is your step uncle your brethren
I ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION. IS ISHMAEL AN ISRAELITE OR NOT
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by IJOBA2: 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
ume1000:
his name is Emanuel (God with us)
SO CHRIST FOUGHT PHYSICAL WAR LIKE MOSES SO CHRIST CAME WITH A PHYSICAL LAW LIKE MOSES. STOP CONFUSING YASELF
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by ume1000: 7:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
IJOBA2:
I ASKED A SIMPLE QUESTION. IS ISHMAEL AN ISRAELITE OR NOT
Israelites are descendants of jacob(isreal) not Abraham

Does that answer your question
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Lecturebidz(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
IAmMysterious:

Is that the only thing you've discovered about your Yahweh that's making you itching

How about when he commanded that little children and animals be killed for an offence they know nothing about even if we assume that the adult men and women were guilty of something that warrants death?

1 Samuel: 15. 3. Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. - Bible Offline

Trust me, Yahweh cruel gaan!!

I don't argue about religion neither do I try to convince people to accept my beliefs nor threaten them of punishment in the hereafter.
I don't insult people who don't believe in the existence of God at all.
I love people without bias of religion, gender, ethnicity, race etc, because whatever they choose to do is an exercise of their freewill.
Moreover, God or no God it is humans that are damn cruel!
Peace �

1 Like

Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by IJOBA2: 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
ume1000:
Israelites are descendants of jacob(isreal) not Abraham

Does that answer your question
WHERE IS PATRIARCH ABRAHAM FROM
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by IJOBA2: 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Anasko:

So Prophet Abraham is Israel or Jewish?
THE GUY IS CONFUSED
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Simplecity(m): 9:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
AntiChristian:
grin

Deutoronomy 22:28-29
28 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;
29 Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

grin
the way Nigerians dey dodge this bible quote ehn grin....everyone is talking about the first one..nobody wan talk about this one

1 Like

Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Adau123(m): 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
grin

All these laws has been rendered useless as Jesus has died on the cross for our sins.

My sister don't be decieve,Mathew 5:17 Think not that iam come to destroy the law,or the prophets:Iam not come to destroy,but to fufil{Rom.3:31}
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by masterP042(m): 9:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
Mrpojj:

And u think it's was easy to pay then?
Sorry, but that's one bad thing about religious fanatics, it reduces ones thinking.
So now money is enough compensation for a raped virgin girl?
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Mrpojj(m): 11:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
masterP042:

Sorry, but that's one bad thing about religious fanatics, it reduces ones thinking.
So now money is enough compensation for a raped virgin girl?

Do u know wat fanatic even mean, B4 u call someone one
Abeg point me one personthat has paid 50 shekel of silver for rape in ur community?
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by babz11(m): 8:29am On Jun 15, 2020
Openbusiness:
[/s]
Oga you are talking in the rubbish! Christ has abolished fulfilled the Law and the Prophets. The wages of SIN is death, all sin, not just Rape alone. The soul that sinneth shall die, the Good book also says. Going by these, alone, everyone should be killed, not just rapists alone because sin is sin before God. Even that harmless little lie is sin that is punishable by eternal death. But God decided to show mercy, and Jesus paid the full price for all sins. So we don’t live by the laws of Moses any more, but by the Laws of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. So what should be the punishment for rape today? The punishment is jail time, not execution. How long should the jail time be? Well, that's up to the courts and legislature to decide. But if I was to suggest, then I will say, the more violent the rape act, the more repetitive the rape act (for people that enslave others for serial rapes as sex slaves) the longer the jail time. If the rapist murders the rape victim, then it is no longer a rape case only but a murder case and must be tried as such

You are talking the greatest rubbish
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by elganzar(m): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2020
TrajansKong:

Forgive me.

It is also the GRACE of God which stops you from being a rapist.

I understand.

You are still a terrible person who needs help... shocked sad

Finally something we both agree on__ I know I need help (tho not really in the area of sexual assault) it's why I'm drawing closer to God, not away from him
But then again, who doesn't need help
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by abeggnow: 10:11am On Jun 15, 2020
elganzar:
I agree with the dressing thing...

Rape is instigated by_ but not limited to dressing...Especially in this generation, that everywhere you look is promoting sex...

It takes the grace and fear of God to keep one's self in check...I had to sly a female friend of mine from coming over recently, I thank God I did...

they say NO with their mouth and say YES, COME _BE A MAN, I JUST DON'T WANT TO LOOK CHEAP _YOU KNOW THE GAME with their actions and dressing...Both men and women need to be re orientated...used to be "every that I look _ I see The Lord JESUS" ...now everywhere you look _____ God deliver us
dressing has nothing to do with istead mental and sexual weakness is to blame.
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by elganzar(m): 10:17am On Jun 15, 2020
abeggnow:
dressing has nothing to do with istead mental and sexual weakness is to blame.

If you say so
Re: The Punishment The Bible Prescribes For Rape by Tccccc: 10:06am On Jun 16, 2020
if ‘lay hold ‘doesn’t mean rape please why is the punishment of never divorcing her attached since it is consensual. Pple kip saying Jesus amended the laws as a way to exonerate God for giving such barbaric laws. Maybe God repent too come accept Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Be Worse If Buhari Wins 2nd Term - Cardinal Okogie / Apostle Suleman: I Bought Cars For All My Male Workers / Have You Ever "Fallen Under The Anointing?" How Did It Feel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.