Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC (50647 Views)

List Of Churches Not Ready For Reopening In Lagos, Ogun / Lagos Government Suspends Re-Opening Of Churches And Mosques / Churches And Mosques To Pay Tax In Lagos; Land Use Charge To Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by HoliMaree: 10:41am On Jun 14, 2020
Unbelievers now dictate how we should coordinate ourselves in the house of God. The church has always been a place of order, you don't see people moving up and down during services, there are ushers and wardens to direct and help control the restless and most churches have children's sections. FG stop all these restrictions and interference. Markets are the most disorganized places on earth and nobody restricts their activities

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by farem: 10:43am On Jun 14, 2020
yanabasee1:
And for those pastors that are more concerned about the money...will open their office for customers to worship and drop their offerings and tithes....

Majority of them have had their centres and branches opened in secret....

Opened in secret inside the holes and at the dead of nights. Spiritual lunatics everywhere
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Stillthebest: 10:43am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:
Question? why aren't the market place or malls having these same rules? Now it's obvious the fight is against the church
Shut Up. Do you even think? If it is against the chr is it against the mosques. Christians have been the ones shouting fouls while Muslims didnt shout of reopening.

Politics may have entered covid-19 but the Govt is trying to make precautions to their knowledge.

Christians have spoilt the name of God more than any religion!

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 10:43am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:
Question? why aren't the market place or malls having these same rules? Now it's obvious the fight is against the church
Because they know how dumb church people can be while in church.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Lexusgs430: 10:44am On Jun 14, 2020
My shrine is free to operate without restrictions.......... wink
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Stillthebest: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2020
shocked

Can these lame ducks in nairaland stop making noises for once and just comply?

You keep making noises rabble rouses online always while you still go ahead and do what the Govt says.

Online warriors!
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by GodPunishBiafra: 10:46am On Jun 14, 2020
fixedhollies:
Even scientists recommend place of worship if you have some ailments... Psychological healing.
Which scientist is that? I guess the one that's tired of some people's annoying stupîdity.
People that are doomed to be forever stupîd.
People that only see what you want them to see...
That's how is it is to call a BROWN SKINNED people Black and PALE SKINNED people Whites....
It's a Shame...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Lexusgs430: 10:46am On Jun 14, 2020
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
Because they know how dumb church people can be while in church.

Make then just completely ban religious activities permanently........

I think that's outrightly what we need...... Once religion is mentioned, our people brain dey troway........ grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by LordIsaac(m): 10:47am On Jun 14, 2020
Well, I think it is because "churches" have failed in being places of healing that's why the world is trying to keep herself safe.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Parablesonmarble: 10:48am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:

Maybe because markets and malls are places with a lot of inflows and outflows every time and constant movements keep the current flowing with little stagnant airflow at any particular time. However, religious places require stagnancy, even if for a short while and that is not good for the fight against Covid.
I think Covid is real and the people drawing up these guidelines are humans, Nigerians and religious too. Its an absolute no brainer to target any religion or person. We are all already targets for Covid. No exceptions.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by SATANIIST: 10:49am On Jun 14, 2020
dalass:

[s]So who or what's going to punish you

Oh...I see your moniker..

..Satan will punish you.... Good thing for God to punish His people because He is merciful and will abundantly pardon them

but I no sorry your case oh because mercy no dey your oga dictionary as your own punishment don start already, following Gods creation grin grin[/s]
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by farem: 10:49am On Jun 14, 2020
Stillthebest:

Shut Up. Do you even think? If it is against the chr is it against the mosques. Christians have been the ones shouting fouls while Muslims didnt shout of reopening.

Politics may have entered covid-19 but the Govt is trying to make precautions to their knowledge.

Christians have spoilt the name of God more than any religion!

I give it to you that more than 75% of the mosques in Lagos observe their morning prayer everyday, though with limited and fewer worshippers.

Many quranic schools have continued thier full schooling unhindered. They put on their uniform and in disregard to the government rule.
If you are talking about obedience to civil authority, Muslims don't take that.
Prove me wrong with facts and I will mention at least 10 mosques with their addresses along with ile kewu that thair alfas cannot afford to close just because of the daily money coming in.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by geezynoni: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2020
Davash222:

12. No adults above 60, & children below 16

Why the segregation? They for kuku no reopen any Church.
People at risk and people that play a lot
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by HeyCorleone(m): 10:51am On Jun 14, 2020
ikorodureporta:
How many Catholic churches in Lagos can handle this??
I've seen parishes holding up to 5 masses with full capacity, plus overflow, & you want just a few people to come around, & worship for just 1hr?? Will there be a waiting areas??
It would be better if they make use of their open spaces with canopies, & not allowing cars in so as to have more spaces....but what happens to the traffic around the churches??

The worst part is that the Catholic Churches are among the least IT compliant. Despite their population, most of them do not have social media platforms to communicate with their members. They also have a very poor multimedia/ sound system in the churches. You approach a priest that you want to create a web platform for the church & he says he's not interested....

As if the Lagos archdiocese got a sign from COVID, around February 2020, a seminar was organized to build a more robust communication platform for the church, but nothing was implemented before COVID took over...

I like how you use your experience in one or two churches as a benchmark for the whole Catholic Churches in Lagos. You must be so full of wisdom.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Angelfrost(m): 10:51am On Jun 14, 2020
98% of these guidelines are not being adhered to, and will never be adhered to by most worship centers across the nation.... I have gone round!!! You people are just fooling yourselves. grin
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 10:55am On Jun 14, 2020
mrkings84:
They should stop all these unnecessary tales!

How can they say "People who are sick should not go to places of worship. And that there should be temperature screening on entry"?

Sorry sir. The church is a place where those who are sick come for divine healing. Even those with coronavirus can be healed in the church so I don't know how this particular guideline is going to be observed because even the so called science has not been able to provide solution to the current pandemic after so many months of research.
People are now depending on God for divine healing.

Happy Sunday brethren!
Did you worship today in church or at home?

Me went to church o!
Corona can't stop me from worshipping my creator!!!
do you know one thing that kills faster than corona, it's ignorance and foolishness ....The church where corona spread in Japan, its sango that they are worshipping there I suppose ??
Get wise or die of ignorance.... google about a man who was laying hands on people , saying corona is not for a child of God bla bla .....and how he died like a native fowl !!!
what you've been doing every Sunday is not worshipping your creator, but sinning against him ...cos your book talks about obeying authorized institutions.... which you and your pastor have disregarded ....in the name of obeying God rather than man - which has no basis in this argument !!
I'm sorry for people with this kind of retarded mindset you have ...
Peace !!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by HeyCorleone(m): 10:55am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:

No one is fighting against any Church, please stop suffering from delusion.

You Protestant Christians reason in ways that disgust me.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Tareq1105: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2020
masterP042:
These business centres, how I wish they can be closed forever. angry

That's from a child of perdition

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Rebuke: 10:57am On Jun 14, 2020
dykedarlyn:

How can we fight off this virus when people with ur kind of mindset keep seeing things with a skewed mentality

This is the problem I have with some of yhu here who alwys claim to be smart.

So, is only at the places of worship that virus can be contracted, huh?

Yhu go market places and see things for yhurself.

While not make the same rule for market places?

Yhu take all the precautions going to church then enter the markets with no rule to observe.

Read through and see how senseless yhu will appear to yhur own self for attacking the guy.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by HeyCorleone(m): 10:57am On Jun 14, 2020
mrkings84:
They should stop all these unnecessary tales!

How can they say "People who are sick should not go to places of worship. And that there should be temperature screening on entry"?

Sorry sir. The church is a place where those who are sick come for divine healing. Even those with coronavirus can be healed in the church so I don't know how this particular guideline is going to be observed because even the so called science has not been able to provide solution to the current pandemic after so many months of research.
People are now depending on God for divine healing.

Happy Sunday brethren!
Did you worship today in church or at home?

Me went to church o!
Corona can't stop me from worshipping my creator!!!

Lol. Like that pastor who prayed for coronavirus victims and died.

I assure you if churches have not been closed, Coronavirus would have spread at a very fast rate, your pastors would have been amazed..

Christ can do all things, but we should also be wise

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Angelfrost(m): 10:57am On Jun 14, 2020
dykedarlyn:

How can we fight off this virus when people with ur kind of mindset keep seeing things with a skewed mentality

Forget his mindset for a sec...

Are these precautions, especially social distancing, more pertinent in places of worship than markets and trading areas??!... If you can't achieve disease prevention in more crowded areas, what then is the whole point of unduly restricting worship centers??!

These are the issues!!!

That said, I see no reason why churches are making a fuss... These guidelines are just commonsense!!! I thought religious leaders were supposed to be intelligent.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 10:58am On Jun 14, 2020
farem:

Opened in secret inside the holes and at the dead of nights. Spiritual lunatics everywhere
have they opened in the public
you should be clamouring for the opening of psychiatric hospitals ....you need them more ryt now !!
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Nobody: 10:59am On Jun 14, 2020
phren:

This one no get sense
Prove to us that you have sense.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by kelmicheal: 11:00am On Jun 14, 2020
The perfect time to start everything online is now lets go digital and leave the old physical systems
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by Joshmodest(m): 11:01am On Jun 14, 2020
Angelfrost:

Forget his mindset for a sec...

Are these precautions, especially social distancing, more pertinent in places of worship than markets and trading areas??!... If you can't achieve disease prevention in more crowded areas, what then is the whole point of unduly restricting worship centers??!

These are the issues!!!

That said, I see no reason why churches are making a fuss... These guidelines are just commonsense!!! I thought religious leaders were supposed to be intelligent.
Are you also saying that the number of people in markets outnumbers the religious centres ??
Or since they have not been able to control crowd in the markets we should all begin to go mad and gather about !
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by rowrowland: 11:01am On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:
The church can easily abide by these rules, na mosques no fit fulfil them lailai... FG is fighting Islam & Muslims.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by blackboy(m): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2020
Davash222:

Gbam.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by tillaman(m): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2020
grin make them Kuku wait till this whole thing is over, those rules Na die, I am double sure the churches can’t abide or keep up with the rules
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by akure1stson: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2020
Davash222:

se na only church dem metion here?
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by hardeycute(m): 11:05am On Jun 14, 2020
Skyfornia:
Finally..church is being supervised and regulated by unbelievers. Smh
The "Church" is in organized(secular) society so the laws must be obeyed.
Re: Coronavirus: Guidelines For Reopening Churches And Mosques By NCDC by gwinaB(m): 11:05am On Jun 14, 2020
vibbb:
Very Good if only they will adhere to the guidelines.
We have to fight this virus collectively by taking up all the safety measure.

Which virus?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Church Members Carry Their Pastor Into The Church With A Chair (Photos, Video) / Abroad Must Favour My Family (hilarious Photo) / Ojukwu Chased Me, Other Non-igbos Out Of East – Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.