Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti (55027 Views)

Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable / Obi’s Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn / Uche Maduagwu For Anambra Governor Poster (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by jacoik(m): 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Anambralstson:

Zero infastructures you said please which of your states outside Lagos can be compare to Anambra state on infastructures
God bless you!!! that fool is full of annoyance

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by NGpatriot: 10:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
winterfell007:

are you chronically stupid or what? that money wasn't just dumb in a bank account for the bank to be reaping interest. A portfolio account was opened on behalf of the Anambra State Government and it was used to buy foreign assets like US bonds and treasury bills. do you know what that means? it means for very day that passes by Anambra State Portfolio account will accrue a daily percent interest rate in dollars till it reaches maturity. it's very clear you don't know how investments works.
I suggest you meet companies like ARM, Aiico and Meristem to put you through on the important of investments.

1. Governments are supposed to invest in their people, their people, invest in capital projects and infrastructures to create jobs, expand the tax base and to give the people a better quality of life, not to deny the people good use of their money by parking their money in bank accounts for measly gains.

2. You make more money by investing in income-generating infrastructures than low return and non-job-creating money market investment.s that doesn't expand your tax and income-generating base and definitely not job-creating.

3. Money should be floating and recycling within your economy, not parked away somewhere for silly and thoughtless reasons.

The money is not his personal money, it's the people's money.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sagay212: 10:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
Cleo7:
Shey yoruba no dey igbo land abi...i swear d tin dey pain yorubas like me because we no sabi save,i will always stand 4 d truth...we are all humans and we neva chose which tribe we are born in...i don tire 4 una fyt especially my trouble maker yorubas

Lol... you dey Jones.. yorubas like you indeed...na that pain go samar you well well.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by NGpatriot: 10:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Anambralstson:

Zero infastructures you said please which of your states outside Lagos can be compare to Anambra state on infastructures

This is what they call infrastructure in your poor village, this is what they did with your money..

grin grin

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sagay212: 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sleevia:
Running away from to where? Most of the Businesses in Lagos are owned by None Yoruba people... so what are you bragging about?

Na so na. That's what we are saying. You ipods own all the businesses and properties in lagos. But we yorubas just love to stay in our SW. We are convinient at home because ipods have helped us developed our region while they abandon theirs .
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by NGpatriot: 10:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sleevia:
Running away from to where? Most of the Businesses in Lagos are owned by None Yoruba people... so what are you bragging about?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6454589_addtextcommtazotiynje4ndu_jpege0de2c2168e41caa1ecc2b0f1e62fd5b

Another one from IPOB Bureau Of Statistics,

grin grin grin
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Cleo7: 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sagay212:

Lol... you dey Jones.. yorubas like you indeed...na that pain go samar you well well.
i be real egba boy..from owu-totoro where obasanjo came from.uhear
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sagay212: 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Noel19:

You too small. I look like "Johnny just come" to you? Come meet me for shitta, one on one, na there you go know say I be "Òmò nna to nkò fuji". I go use blow design ya face tire.

Lol...ase bolojor. Na shita be the address wey you wan drop? Drop your house address as you claim na.
Wetin concern the bolded with the jazz wey dem go use flog your mouth? You go sing that Fuji tire after you collect. Wa ko fuji , wa tun ko alujo.. weyrey olori pelebe
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sagay212: 11:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Cleo7:
i be real egba boy..from owu-totoro where obasanjo came from.uhear

Continue to deceive yourself. Na owu go finish you and egba yen gangan ni motor ti ma gba e danu sigbo. Oniranu olori pelebe.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Cleo7: 11:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sagay212:

Continue to deceive yourself. Na owu go finish you and egba yen gangan ni motor ti ma gba e danu sigbo. Oniranu olori pelebe.
oloshi omo,eleriburuku...emi loun bawi be yen abi..trailer tabi train loma gba e sinu gutter..o kan gbo bi aja lati aro, onorun gun be orun giraffe
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Noel19: 12:06am On Jun 15, 2020
Sagay212:

Lol...ase bolojor. Na shita be the address wey you wan drop? Drop your house address as you claim na.
Wetin concern the bolded with the jazz wey dem go use flog your mouth? You go sing that Fuji tire after you collect. Wa ko fuji , wa tun ko alujo.. weyrey olori pelebe

Coward! Come shitta if you get mind. See Yoruba wey na mouth e dey make. Make I catch you with your jazz I go still panel beat you still dash you extra tribal marks for that your face.

Oloribu somebody
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by gideonvalor98(m): 12:09am On Jun 15, 2020
SLAP44:
If this man rules Nigeria for 8 years, there will be zero unemployment in Nigeria and so much wealth that restiveness will be a thing of the past.

In most developed countries, they choose successful business men who has a history and a string of successes to lead them, in Nigeria, they choose people who has excelled in nepotism and illiteracy to rule them.
See this two-mouthed bigot. Are you not part of the people praising Jonathan government. Some of you here just talk anyhow without recourse to your previous saying. I don't know why people will just open their mouth and talk because they felt like. Assuming you've have shut your mouth, we wouldn't know you're a fool and your so-called league of blockheads on here...shioor!
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sagay212: 12:13am On Jun 15, 2020
Cleo7:
oloshi omo,eleriburuku...emi loun bawi be yen abi..trailer tabi train loma gba e sinu gutter..o kan gbo bi aja lati aro, onorun gun be orun giraffe

Ndubuisi...you try but eran Ogun ni e.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Cleo7: 12:34am On Jun 15, 2020
Sagay212:

Ndubuisi...you try but eran Ogun ni e.
azubuke...lo joko jare...alatenu oshi..ti n ba gba e mu,wa ke.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Inhabitable1(m): 1:46am On Jun 15, 2020
Juliusmalema:

With all your flyers designing and graphics design have u saved the money to book a flight even if from Ibadan to Lagos?

Frustration is bad.

Be useful to your family first. 20 naira graphics is a whole load of poverty.

one boxers, one shoe, two trousers and a hut..

Chai Chineke, bro u fit no mek heaven, i swear grin grin

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 15, 2020
NGpatriot:
When den give you money to progress and develop your state and your people with, but you stashed the money under your bed just to brag and beat chest that you are smart and rich when in fact it's the other way around.

Typical backward and incompetent thinking ibo man, penny wise pound foolish.

This is why that region is so poor, jobless and productive...

Very sad.
I agree, but you didn't need to add tribal bashing.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Nobody: 2:01am On Jun 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

..but the money sat in the bank and wasn't finding anything, no capital projects or even recurrent so what's your point?

When you invest in capital projects, you create jobs and widen your tax base which ultimately turns your economy into a recession-proof economy.

You don't sit on money that you should be investing with, that you should be funding infrastructures with and circulating through your local economy via job creation while thinking about recession or downturn.

You people come up with the most ridiculous and absurd rubbish ever just to defend your incompetent and thoughtless leaders.
You're a hypocrite- you defend Tinubu and the gang of bandits in APC, as if they are any different from PDP.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:47am On Jun 15, 2020
Anambralstson:

You are just plain ignorant, just imagine the rubbish you wrote, how can you equate landmass to development Otondo you mean propose inland port that's still a pipeline dream, the cattle reserved area you called airport, no wonder they rated Oyo as state with highest number of mental illness grin grin
why are useless people full nairaland? You are so stupid that you can't backup your claim with full picture.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sleevia: 8:03am On Jun 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6454589_addtextcommtazotiynje4ndu_jpege0de2c2168e41caa1ecc2b0f1e62fd5b

Another one from IPOB Bureau Of Statistics,

grin grin grin

Lol... Do u live in Lagos? Lagos is like Brazil.. It is too mixed for u to say I am lying.

They don't call it cosmopolitan for nothing.

In Lagos, every region is well represented. So stop all these.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Jonathan39: 8:20am On Jun 15, 2020
Stop exposing yourself. Wealth distribution per head, Igbos are better than any region in the south. Using your browser well cos next time, you will have to pay me to school you
techmo:

no wonder your region is poverty capital of southern nigeria.. like the foolish servant in the bible you have decided to bury your own resources in the ground while others work with theirs

tufiakwa for you
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Kfed4ril(m): 8:40am On Jun 15, 2020
techmo:

Oyo State with landmass close to tiny Ibo 5 state, boost of infrastructures like an Airport, inland port, good road network, standard guarge rail, First and the Best University and college hospital rated high, 2 State University, over a dozen radio station, over 5 TV station, 5 malls in ibadan alone, with palms mall having the largest shoprite center in west africa, international research institute like IITA, Forest Research Institute, first tower in africa, atlest 5 sport complex and stadia, Airforce Base with a functional runway that can land any plane, Military cantonments

Oga just cancel that airport from oyo, in 2016 I was looking for a flight from Abuja to oyo, I didn’t see any, I later found that Abuja to oyo flights are only Wednesdays. And you call such low traffic airport an airport?
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by dwyseone(m): 8:40am On Jun 15, 2020
is it not better than stealing. At least he left something behind. for once be grateful.
Juliusmalema:
Akpokuedike the Squanderer and Osodietipia ( aka Osodieme) will come and tell us that it is a lie.

Now someone in banking business has once again confirmed it to be true like others who had done same in the past.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by techmo(m): 8:44am On Jun 15, 2020
Kfed4ril:

Oga just cancel that airport from oyo, in 2016 I was looking for a flight from Abuja to oyo, I didn’t see any, I later found that Abuja to oyo flights are only Wednesdays. And you call such low traffic airport an airport?

which do you have in Anambra? atleast i can get a flight on wednesday , and last time Allen Onyeama Airpeace boss was in University of Ibadan alumni event, he said more flight would come in as they are concluding plans to join ... question is can i get a flight to Onistcha or i have to use the busy road
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Kfed4ril(m): 8:52am On Jun 15, 2020
techmo:

Oyo State with landmass close to tiny Ibo 5 state, boost of infrastructures like an Airport, inland port, good road network, standard guarge rail, First and the Best University and college hospital rated high, 2 State University, over a dozen radio station, over 5 TV station, 5 malls in ibadan alone, with palms mall having the largest shoprite center in west africa, international research institute like IITA, Forest Research Institute, first tower in africa, atlest 5 sport complex and stadia, Airforce Base with a functional runway that can land any plane, Military cantonments

You and your likes a re the reason Nigeria can’t move forward, imagine you hailing oyo state o, oyo state that I know very well o.
That’s how you guys have been using you media to hail your universities until small Ghana dropped one of their universities before y’all had to keep shut.
Oyo state like every state in Nigeria lacks basic infrastructure like good road, pipe borne water, electricity(I swear to God my first Month in oyo I didn’t see a blink of electricity), etc
And most of the nonsense you listed up there are federal projects.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Kfed4ril(m): 8:54am On Jun 15, 2020
techmo:

which do you have in Anambra? atleast i can get a flight on wednesday , and last time Allen Onyeama Airpeace boss was in University of Ibadan alumni event, he said more flight would come in as they are concluding plans to join ... question is can i get a flight to Onistcha or i have to use the busy road

As small as owerri cargo airport is, its has a higher traffic than the almighty Ibadan airport.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by winterfell007(m): 9:07am On Jun 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

1. Governments are supposed to invest in their people, their people, invest in capital projects and infrastructures to create jobs, expand the tax base and to give the people a better quality of life, not to deny the people good use of their money by parking their money in bank accounts for measly gains.

2. You make more money by investing in income-generating infrastructures than low return and non-job-creating money market investment.s that doesn't expand your tax and income-generating base and definitely not job-creating.

3. Money should be floating and recycling within your economy, not parked away somewhere for silly and thoughtless reasons.

Who told you Anambra State Government don't invest in their people? Have you reading the NBS statistics of late? Anambra is one of the least poverty afflicted states in Nigeria only second to Osun.

Secondly, if you understand how investment works,you'll know Obi's foresight in opening a dollar denominated portfolio on behalf of the Anambra State Government is an asset to Ndi Anambra, you know why? Because the asset is an income stream that accrues daily as interest to ANSG. During the acute recession in 2015 when State were unable to pay the wages and running to the FG for Bail-out, how do you think ANSG was able to manage their wages, ite simple. Obaino withdrew the interest rate on the dollar denominated portfolio account that has accrued over a month to match it with the little that came from allocation, that's why Anambra wasn't really affected by the crisis.

Thirdly, money will always be floating and recycling in the economy so long as the people of Anambra are always involved in buying and selling of goods and services . Mind you, Obi didn't take the entire revenue of Anambra to store in a portfolio account, that would be tantamount to acute stupidity, he only set aside a minute percentage probably 5% of the revenue for savings and investments which every responsible government around the world does..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by RTSC: 9:14am On Jun 15, 2020
NGpatriot:

I thought Jonathan problem according to apc idiots was that he did not save for the rainy day.

That was why you voted buhari.

Peter obi not only saved, he invested while also leaving a healthy debt portfolio.

Your problem is ethnic bigotry and partisanship.

Unfortunately for you , Peter obi is better than wherever or whoever your loyalties lie.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by RTSC: 9:17am On Jun 15, 2020
winterfell007:

Who told you Anambra State Government don't invest in their people? Have you reading the NBS statistics of late? Anambra is one of the least poverty afflicted states in Nigeria only second to Osun.

Secondly, if you understand how investment works,you'll know Obi's foresight in opening a dollar denominated portfolio on behalf of the Anambra State Government is an asset to Ndi Anambra, you know why? Because the asset is an income stream that accrues daily as interest to ANSG. During the acute recession in 2015 when State were unable to pay the wages and running to the FG for Bail-out, how do you think ANSG was able to manage their wages, ite simple. Obaino withdrew the interest rate on the dollar denominated portfolio account that has accrued over a month to match it with the little that came from allocation, that's why Anambra wasn't really affected by the crisis.

Thirdly, money will always be floating and recycling in the economy so long as the people of Anambra are always involved in buying and selling of goods and services . Mind you, Obi didn't take the entire revenue of Anambra to store in a portfolio account, that would be tantamount to acute stupidity, he only set aside a minute percentage probably 5% of the revenue for savings and investments which every responsible government around the world does..
He knows all these. Don't waste your time.

His problem is that Peter obi is not a member of the apc where they can launch themselves on his achievements, or from his favourite ethnic group.

Peter obi success is pdp and igbo success.

That is the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Cherez: 9:27am On Jun 15, 2020
techmo:

we are stating stats for stats, you are coming here to state fg vs state.. lol are the infrastructure in Ibadan or not
Were they built by your leaders?
Atleast Niger bridge to Nkpor an FG road was built by Peter Obi and yet to get refunded today
Which one did your leaders build?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Jonathan39: 10:28am On Jun 15, 2020
When an illitrate is advising a technocrat, that is what you see bro
obailala:
Typical black man consumer consumer consumer mentality. Consume it all, and then when a famine comes, you run to oyibos to beg for aid.

Meanwhile, did you just say N75bn can build a pipeline from Imo to Anambra and also build a 1000mw power plant?... You must really be referring to PVC pipe and I-pass-my-neighbour generators.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by SureConcept: 11:03am On Jun 15, 2020
techmo:
cool

Isnt it absolute stupidity for a state with so much unemployment, zero power supply, and absolutely no infrastructure, to ware house 75 billion in a cormercial bank like diamond bank.. while bankers wont even borrow the money out to Anambra indegene but to the likes of Dangote and Rabiu of Biu groups

75billion would construct a gas pipeline from Imo gas flaring fields, build a 1000 Megawatt Thermal/gas turbine power station and give Anambra 24/7 electricity with enough to sell to other state while their industries drastically develop

a Bank Boss Start hailing you, then they don chop you mugus, alex otti is just thanking you customer dada who would save money rather than develop and make more money

U must be stupid.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Standardbiz01: 1:28pm On Jun 15, 2020
Anambralstson:

You are just plain ignorant, just imagine the rubbish you wrote, how can you equate landmass to development Otondo you mean propose inland port that's still a pipeline dream, the cattle reserved area you called airport, no wonder they rated Oyo as state with highest number of mental illness grin grin

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Confronted While Tearing Bola Tinubu’s Campaign Posters (Photos, Video) / Ambode And Soyinka At Boxing Match Between Tinubu & Holyfield / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.