Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti (55032 Views)

Peter Obi's $12.24m Investment In Breweries Now Worth $5.38m - TheCable / Obi’s Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn / Uche Maduagwu For Anambra Governor Poster (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by techmo(m): 7:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
Cherez:

Let's dissect the infrastructures above
1. Airport & Inland port by FG?
2. Good roads?
3. "Standard guage rail"? by FG
4. Almost all based on FG's skewedness
Don't mistake it, I'm not saying this to spite Oyo.
You guys are good, thumbs up but be calm.when you brag. Do you know how many TV stations Anambra alone has?
Bros, Ibadan isn't better than Anambra as per real statistics on good roads

we are stating stats for stats, you are coming here to state fg vs state.. lol are the infrastructure in Ibadan or not
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by NGpatriot: 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
blessedchild234:
these monies are kept for projects, I'm sure they'll begin to work with it as soon as the required capital for utilization of the funds is reached.

So, they are kept for projects, but the same money sat in the back redundant, unproductive, and didn't construct 1 inch of gutter, but you are still convinced that they are kept for projects that never materialized?

Do you not see how ridiculous and absurd you sound?

SMH..

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by History555: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Yorubas head looking for lgbo yansh to enter

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by oyatz(m): 7:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
You are getting me wrong. I am not blaming Anambra State or anybody.
I was only explaining to the guy how the limits of 10MW can be avoided.

Most State Governors in Nigeria don't invest in long term project that may take 5 years to materialize, they rather believe in awarding contracts to their party men to build 3 classroom-blocks in all the Local Government to siphon money and the electorates will see and say 'our Governor is working'

The National grid system has a great disadvantage for a very large Country like Nigeria.

Electricity should be on the concurrent list.

During the Colonial era, there was nothing like National Grid and the British imported huge Generators that supply regular electricity supply but with very little coverage.
We should have replaced the huge Generators with power plants.

Each State should generate it's own electricity or buy from States that can do so or remain in perpetual darkness untill when their citizens can vote for a Governor that can solve the problem.

Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

So what is stopping YOUR state government from doing it ?

Don't you think it would have been more satisfying for you if you channel your strength in convincing your state government to embark on this Good project than worrying yourself over Ndi- Anambra
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Emotionss: 7:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
oyatz:
You are getting me wrong. I am not blaming Anambra State or anybody.
I was only explaining to the guy how the limits of 10MW can be avoided.

Most State Governors in Nigeria don't invest in long term project that may take 5 years to materialize, they rather believe in awarding contracts to their party men to build 3 classroom-blocks in all the Local Government to siphon money and the electorates will see and say 'our Governor is working'

The National grid system has a great disadvantage for a very large Country like Nigeria.

Electricity should be on the concurrent list.

During the Colonial era, there was nothing like National Grid and the British imported huge Generators that supply regular electricity supply but with very little coverage.
We should have replaced the huge Generators with power plants.

Each State should generate it's own electricity or buy from States that can do so or remain in perpetual darkness untill when their citizens can vote for a Governor that can solve the problem.

Ok sorry bout that.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sleevia: 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sagay212:

cheesy grin grin grin cheesy...e pain am enter him akpu head.
Your imaginary yoruba friend was kidnapped by Evans but thank God Evans was arrested and your friend freed. Are you sure you didn't give Evans info about the kidnap of your friend. You wanted to come enjoy some sufferstication in yoruba land just like Evans. Thank God he was arrested and you are on the run. The law will soon catch up with your evil, hating as.s.
People like you and Evans are the ipod scoundrel who come online to brag about how you own 99% of properties in lagos and Nigeria meanwhile you miscreants are bunch of kidnappers and cannibals. Anoufia!
You are just an idiot though... as if yoruba people are not on the road hawking one thing or the other...

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sleevia: 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sagay212:

cheesy grin grin grin cheesy...e pain am enter him akpu head.
Your imaginary yoruba friend was kidnapped by Evans but thank God Evans was arrested and your friend freed. Are you sure you didn't give Evans info about the kidnap of your friend. You wanted to come enjoy some sufferstication in yoruba land just like Evans. Thank God he was arrested and you are on the run. The law will soon catch up with your evil, hating as.s.
People like you and Evans are the ipod scoundrel who come online to brag about how you own 99% of properties in lagos and Nigeria meanwhile you miscreants are bunch of kidnappers and cannibals. Anoufia!

https://www.nairaland.com/4826940/shodeinde-otolorin-elijah-missing

I am the OP that made this thread here. May you never see anything good in your life and you will never rise above your current status... nothing you put your hand will succeed!
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by ogmask: 8:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
techmo:
cool

Isnt it absolute stupidity for a state with so much unemployment, zero power supply, and absolutely no infrastructure, to ware house 75 billion in a cormercial bank like diamond bank.. while bankers wont even borrow the money out to Anambra indegene but to the likes of Dangote and Rabiu of Biu groups

75billion would construct a gas pipeline from Imo gas flaring fields, build a 1000 Megawatt Thermal/gas turbine power station and give Anambra 24/7 electricity with enough to sell to other state while their industries drastically develop

a Bank Boss Start hailing you, then they don chop you mugus, alex otti is just thanking you customer dada who would save money rather than develop and make more money

My brother you have spoken well.
The question pple should ask Otti is how much was dollar to Naira when Obi made that savings and how much is the present exchange rate now.
Seems what brought the money to 90+B is the crashing of the Naira and not because he made any wise investment with the money.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Noel19: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sagay212:

Confused ipod scoundrel. One minute you cannibals are complaining that yoruba landlords discriminate and don't rent houses to your hating wretched ass.es, next minute you are claiming yoruba landlords don't rent to yoruba people...lmao! So our yoruba grandfathers used diaobolic means to claim houses from flat headed ipod cannibals that abandoned their eastern dungeons to build houses in SW?
E dey pain you say you not fit get white collar job? E dey pain you say na only 2 by 2 shop where you dey sell fake products you fit get for the whole Nigeria. Nor be yoruba say make you nor go school oo. That your 2 by 2 shop, we go still close am if you nor pay monthly levy and if we catch you selling fake products.
E pain am well well. ndo!

Chai! I hit him below the belt. E pain am wella. They say truth is bitter. Let's start from your family. I know your father is a well known "Babalawo" meaning you're Òmò Alawo. If you continue to toe the same path as your father you won't amount to anything in life. Go out and look for something to do, don't wait till the day your family will share the stolen property that you people call house. By the time your father start sharing all the stolen inherited property to all his numerous children he had with different Shekpe selling and shacking wives including your mum, how many will u get? Highest u will get is a room. Better wake up so you don't end up in one bus Stop collecting "Owo da". Oni iranu, Oponu, Alatenu Oshi.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sagay212: 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
Noel19:

Chai! I hit him below the belt. E pain am wella. They say truth is bitter. Let's start from your family. I know your father is a well known "Babalawo" meaning you're Òmò Alawo. If you continue to toe the same path as your father you won't amount to anything in life. Go out and look for something to do, don't wait till the day your family will share the stolen property that you people call house. By the time your father start sharing all the stolen inherited property to all his numerous children he had with different Shekpe selling and shacking wives including your mum, how many will u get? Highest u will get is a room. Better wake up so you don't end up in one bus Stop collecting "Owo da". Oni iranu, Oponu, Alatenu Oshi.....

Lmao! cheesy grin : no go kill yourself ooo. Na that babalawo go finish you. You never jam. You and your fellow ipod go cry tire.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Philipxxxx0: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
techmo:

Lagos has Olorushogo plant and Zhegeru, Osun has Omotosho plant... and the best part is we suck off your gas in Imo for free
This plant you mentioned, are they not federal government projects mr man ?.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Noel19: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
NGpatriot:

Look at this illiterate liar forming lol grin grin..., you asked me to tell you the meaning of capital projects because you did not know the meaning, a grown joker like you asking for the meaning of basic English words on the internet as if you did not finish elementary school.

Bipolar illiterate like you.

Your dementia is worse than that of Buharis'. Olodo rabata, Oju ęja nikąn lo' mo. If I were you I will better start afresh. School is not by force, since your head cannot carry it better go and learn VULCANIZER or better still, go to Ile Kewu and become an Alfa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sagay212: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sleevia:

https://www.nairaland.com/4826940/shodeinde-otolorin-elijah-missing

I am the OP that made this thread here. May you never see anything good in your life and you will never rise above your current status... nothing you put your hand will succeed!

LMAO! Chai! Laff wan tear my belle ooo. Olopa e wo ntepe.... shoo!.. na so e pain you reach. Lol...developer police dey find you ooo. Evans don confess say una be partners. Ewu Gambia...ndo ooo.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sagay212: 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sleevia:
You are just an idiot though... as if yoruba people are not on the road hawking one thing or the other...

I am not denying yorubas are hawking. But I am pointing out that the billionaires of the east are not what they claim to be.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Pondeck: 8:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
Someone woyld just sit and type rubbish.
With all the money Nigeria has in foreign reserves why haven't they used it.
You know little about how things work.
Hence, I have chosen to indulge you
techmo:
cool

Isnt it absolute stupidity for a state with so much unemployment, zero power supply, and absolutely no infrastructure, to ware house 75 billion in a cormercial bank like diamond bank.. while bankers wont even borrow the money out to Anambra indegene but to the likes of Dangote and Rabiu of Biu groups

75billion would construct a gas pipeline from Imo gas flaring fields, build a 1000 Megawatt Thermal/gas turbine power station and give Anambra 24/7 electricity with enough to sell to other state while their industries drastically develop

a Bank Boss Start hailing you, then they don chop you mugus, alex otti is just thanking you customer dada who would save money rather than develop and make more money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sleevia: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sagay212:

I am not denying yorubas are hawking. But I am pointing out that the billionaires of the east are not what they claim to be.
lol... how many place in Nigeria have you been to? Most of you do not leave your S.W but will be talking about things you have no idea of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Noel19: 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sagay212:

Lmao! cheesy grin : no go kill yourself ooo. Na that babalawo go finish you. You never jam. You and your fellow ipod go cry tire.

Dem no born u well. Make I give you my address for Surulere make you bring your jazz come. E be like say you never see where Babalawo see wetin pass am run. Na me say make una lazy, dey born like fowl upandan even when una still dey junior secondary school.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sagay212: 8:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
Noel19:

Dem no born u well. Make I give you my address for Surulere make you bring your jazz come. E be like say you never see where Babalawo see wetin pass am run. Na me say make una lazy, dey born like fowl upandan even when una still dey junior secondary school.

Lol...olofo! Oya drop your address for sululele cheesy grin
Na online una dey get houses for lagos. Dem go flog you juju your mouth go bend. Omo ase!
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by RTSC: 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
jumobi1:
How much was 75billion worth 6 years ago compared to the value of 90billion today? I don’t think it was prudent.
You don't know better than otti.

Besides, Look at the principle behind it.

Unlike 99% of Nigerian politicians, He invested instead of squandering.

Investment can depreciate, but at least you are not swallowing it in Dubai and Switzerland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sagay212: 8:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sleevia:
lol... how many place in Nigeria have you been to? Most of you do not leave your S.W but will be talking about things you have no idea of.

Leave the SW to where in nigeria to do what? If we leave the SW, We either going to yankee, UK, Canada, Switzerland and some Behind countries. You expect me to leave my comfortable SW and come to your SE that you all are running away from. How will you encourage me to come to the SE when you and your brothers are flooding SW. There must be something chasing you from that region. I don't want to experience it bikonu.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by RTSC: 8:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
If we had someone like Peter obi since 1999, our foreign reserves would be nothing less than $150billion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Noel19: 9:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sagay212:

Na online una dey get houses for lagos. Dem go flog you juju your mouth go bend. Omo ase!
You too small. I look like "Johnny just come" to you? Come meet me for shitta, one on one, na there you go know say I be "Òmò nna to nkò fuji". I go use blow design ya face tire.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Sleevia: 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sagay212:

Leave the SW to where in nigeria to do what? If we leave the SW, We either going to yankee, UK, Canada, Switzerland and some Behind countries. You expect me to leave my comfortable SW and come to your SE that you all are running away from. How will you encourage me to come to the SE when you and your brothers are flooding SW. There must be something chasing you from that region. I don't want to experience it bikonu.
Running away from to where? Most of the Businesses in Lagos are owned by None Yoruba people... so what are you bragging about?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Philipxxxx0: 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
edoairways:

Not more 10mw, anything exceeding that should be connected to national grid
bro dont mind that man, the reason why some state government dont wants to build power generating stations, is because of that useless National grid, until the system is scrapped and the state allows to generate its own electricity and distribute to its own customers, Nigeria will never have steady energy.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by edoairways: 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
Philipxxxx0:
bro dont mind that man, the reason why some state government dont wants to build power generating stations, is because of that useless National grid, until the system is scrapped and the state allows to generate its own electricity and distribute to its own customers, Nigeria will never have steady energy.
Exactly!
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by NGpatriot: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
[s]
Noel19:

Your dementia is worse than that of Buharis'. Olodo rabata, Oju ęja nikąn lo' mo. If I were you I will better start afresh. School is not by force, since your head cannot carry it better go and learn VULCANIZER or better still, go to Ile Kewu and become an Alfa.
[/s]

Stop barking like BINGO because I refused to educate a grown man.

Stop begging people meanings of simple English words, google is there to educate you.

You are intellectually lazy and mentally redundant.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Cleo7: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sagay212:

Shey yoruba no dey igbo land abi...i swear d tin dey pain yorubas like me because we no sabi save,i will always stand 4 d truth...we are all humans and we neva chose which tribe we are born in...i don tire 4 una fyt especially my trouble maker yorubas
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by NGpatriot: 9:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sagay212:

That clown sounds like your average ipob village illiterate.
Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by winterfell007(m): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
NGpatriot:

So, instead of investing or building infrastructures to develop, to create jobs and give his people a better quality of life, the clueless man let the money redundant and unproductive in a bank instead of putting the money to good use to serve the people.

What is wrong with you people in that part of the country? grin grin

are you chronically stupid or what? that money wasn't just dumb in a bank account for the bank to be reaping interest. A portfolio account was opened on behalf of the Anambra State Government and it was used to buy foreign assets like US bonds and treasury bills. do you know what that means? it means for very day that passes by Anambra State Portfolio account will accrue a daily percent interest rate in dollars till it reaches maturity. it's very clear you don't know how investments works.
I suggest you meet companies like ARM, Aiico and Meristem to put you through on the important of investments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by Noel19: 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Stop barking like BINGO because I refused to educate a grown man.

Stop begging people meanings of simple English words, google is there to educate you.

You are intellectually lazy and mentally redundant.

Student wey no get brain, se that one na student? For more than 6 hours you weren't able to answer the question I gave you.

Damn....your education is a waste. Ordinary online question you couldn't make an attempt. I just wasted my human capital on your coconut head. If I were you I will go and become a hunter hunting Bush meat at night.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by winterfell007(m): 9:42pm On Jun 14, 2020
it really shocking that many people are confused on the difference between savings and investment. A state governor thought it wise to open a portfolio account on behalf of Anambra State and set aside a percentage of their yearly budgets that will be put into the portfolio account for investment. A portfolio account is clearly an account that is used to buy investible assets like Bonds, Treasury bills, and other assets which will be managed by an asset manger on behalf of the investors(Anambra State Government).
Peter Obi thought it wise for save for future generations by investing in dollar denominated treasury bills and bonds that will hedge against the failing naira and yield fantastic interest for the later generations of Ndi Anambra to use when there's a major crisis in the future and some people in this group have the effrontery to say Peter Obi took an unwise decisions.
Saner countries like Norway, UAE and Luxembourg set aside a percentage of their budget and put the funds in a Sovereign Wealth Funds that will later be invested in quality assets and values around world and back home in our country even our government thought it wise to enact the Excess Crude Account (ECA) funds to save up a certain amount of our yearly revenue for investment but someone in Anambra State as far back as 2011 started saving a portion of their revenue for investment and some people said it was unwise of him?? undecided undecided undecided. Some people are clearly stupid if they don't realize that Peter Obi took one of the best decision for Anambra by doing just that. he's a legend!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti by blessedchild234(m): 9:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
NGpatriot:

So, they are kept for projects, but the same money sat in the back redundant, unproductive, and didn't construct 1 inch of gutter, but you are still convinced that they are kept for projects that never materialized?

Do you not see how ridiculous and absurd you sound?

SMH..
you find it difficult to comprehend my point so ama bring it down to your level of understanding youve got a project worth 400 naira you have 90naira in your account are you going to force the person to do the project or you wait till you've got complete money??
By the way if you read the article well you'll find out the money increased stating that the money is working somewhere somehow.
Banks don't keep your money you know.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Confronted While Tearing Bola Tinubu’s Campaign Posters (Photos, Video) / Ambode And Soyinka At Boxing Match Between Tinubu & Holyfield / FG Warns Buhari Against Running Parallel Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.