Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? (809 Views)

Why Is It Difficult For Widowed Pastors’ Wives To Remarry / If Jesus Didn't Charge For Healing Then Why Are Pastors Doing So? / Meet 3 Hip-hop Artistes Whose Fathers Are Pastors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by urchcoded(m): 2:41pm On Nov 01, 2020
Does being a pastor's wife automatically qualify you to be a pastor and sit next to your husband at the altar? Why is this a norm in Pentecostal churches?

2 Likes

Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by Eviana(f): 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2020
I know I'm in the minority here, but I've not understood this issue....that I read is rampant in Nigeria.
One should be very clear that "he" is called to pastor a church.
That absolutely does not automatically qualify his wife.....to be in the same position.
Women can minister to people (in many ways), but not pastor a church.
I've said it before on a thread that although I am a woman (and believe in respect--meaning no abuse-- for my gender), I would not attend a church where I see a woman pastor, woman elders leading out, or pastoral husband/wife team, because those are all out of the biblical design.
There are no biblical guidelines for such.
I understand that the couple want to work in ministry together, however, there are many areas for the wife to work and still be the helper for her husband without having to hold a "title".

With a husband/wife pastoral team, you really get little accountability because they both are running things, and there is no hierarchical accountability structure. All sorts of temptations such as greed, power-struggles, etc., which all are rooted in the sin of pride, will more than likely occur.

4 Likes

Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by urchcoded(m): 4:16pm On Nov 01, 2020
Eviana:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I've not understood this issue....that I read is rampant in Nigeria.
One should be very clear that "he" is called to pastor a church.
That absolutely does not automatically qualify his wife.....to be in the same position.
Women can minister to people (in many ways), but not pastor a church.
I've said it before on a thread that although I am a woman (and believe in respect--meaning no abuse-- for my gender), I would not attend a church where I see a woman pastor, woman elders leading out, or pastoral husband/wife team, because those are all out of the biblical design.
I understand that the couple want to work in ministry together, however, there are many areas for the wife to work and still be the helper for her husband without having to hold a "title".

With a husband/wife pastoral team, you really get little accountability because they both are running things, and there is no hierarchical accountability structure. All sorts of temptations such as greed, power-struggles, etc., which all are rooted in the sin of pride, will more than likely occur.

I agree with you in some aspects, I mean I don't see any problem with women pastoring a church or holding any office in a church what I don't understand is this husband and wife pastor team. God supposedly Called the pastor and not the wife.

2 Likes

Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by petra1(m): 4:18pm On Nov 01, 2020
A Pastor Wife is not a pastor . But sitting with her husband does not constitute being a co Pastor . Don't you seat with your wife in church?

Secondly a Pastor wife becoming a Pastor is not out of Place . Its by desire and choice . Being a pastor is a place of service.

1 Timothy 3:1
This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work

Paul's workers Mr and Mrs Aquila and Priscilla were couple who served in Ministry and the couple eventually run a church in their house

1Corinthians 16:19
The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house

As much as its a plus if the wife of a Pastor serve in ministry with him. But not every Pastor wife can be a Pastor . Some Pastor wife may be better as children church teacher or just be his wife at home . .

1 Like

Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by urchcoded(m): 4:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
petra1:
A Pastor Wife is not a pastor . But sitting with her husband does not constitute being a co Pastor . Don't you seat with your wife in church?

Secondly a Pastor wife becoming a Pastor is not out of Place . Its by desire and choice . Being a pastor is a place of service.

1 Timothy 3:1
This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work

Paul's workers Mr and Mrs Aquila and Priscilla were couple who served in Ministry and the couple eventually run a church in their house

1Corinthians 16:19
The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house

As much as its a plus if the wife of a Pastor serve in ministry with him. But not every Pastor wife can be a Pastor . Some Pastor wife may be better as children church teacher or just be his wife at home . .

if my wife was one of the pastors sitting in the altar, do I go to Join her in the altar because she's my wife? I'm not against women being pastors or carrying out any form of service in church. I'm only not cool with the pastor/wife pastor pair in 95 of the Pentecostal churches in Nigeria.
Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by petra1(m): 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
urchcoded:
if my wife was one of the pastors sitting in the altar, do I go to Join her in the altar because she's my wife? I'm not against women being pastors or carrying out any form of service in church. I'm only not cool with the pastor/wife pastor pair in 95 of the Pentecostal churches in Nigeria.

Its an issue of choice and agreement. If your wife is your Pastor, she may want you to seat with her . Not every Pastor wife seat at the altar . And not all Pastors seat on the altar.
Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
Eviana:

I am curious to know this, did Jesus Christ Himself, the New Covenant/agreement, tell you that in His Kingdom, that gender matters as far as doing anything that He has commanded on His followers?

Did He, Jesus Christ, suggest that there ought to be "guidelines" as far as the obedience of the commandments that He has laid down for every one of His followers to abide by?
Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by Eviana(f): 12:31pm On Nov 02, 2020
Kobojunkie:

I am curious to know this, did Jesus Christ Himself, the New Covenant/agreement, tell you that in His Kingdom, that gender matters as far as doing anything that He has commanded on His followers?

Did He, Jesus Christ, suggest that there ought to be "guidelines" as far as the obedience of the commandments that He has laid down for every one of His followers to abide by?

Please excuse my delay and future delay today (in terms of any reply).
Maybe my mind is all over the place but, I don't quite get what you are saying here?

1 Like

Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Nov 02, 2020
Eviana:

Please excuse my delay and future delay today (in terms of any reply).
Maybe my mind is all over the place but, I don't quite get what you are saying here?
Did Jesus Christ, the one you claim to follow, inform you at any point in His time on earth, that men and women are created separately(unequally) in His Kingdom? undecided
Did He teach you that a person's gender matters when it comes to carrying out any of the commandments He has laid down for His followers? undecided
Did Jesus Christ teach you that there ought to be "guidelines" as far as the obedience of the commandments that He has laid down for every one of His followers to abide by? undecided

1 Like

Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by Eviana(f): 2:37pm On Nov 03, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Did Jesus Christ, the one you claim to follow, inform you at any point in His time on earth, that men and women are created separately(unequally) in His Kingdom? undecided
Did He teach you that a person's gender matters when it comes to carrying out any of the commandments He has laid down for His followers? undecided
Did Jesus Christ teach you that there ought to be "guidelines" as far as the obedience of the commandments that He has laid down for every one of His followers to abide by? undecided

Yes, I boldly claim to follow Jesus Christ....correct...as it reads on my personal text.
I hope to do so until the day I die....God willing.
No--Jesus hasn't spoken to me directly...verbally.....
However, He speaks, guides, teachers and rebukes through His Word.
No..He never taught "separate...and unequal". He taught different genders...different functions...different responsibilities...yet both humans being "equal".
He gives examples/guidelines.....of how His church hierarchical structure should be...which is not oppressive to one gender.
Genesis, 1 Timothy, The four gospels, and more books all illustrate that...which I am sure that you sir, or madame, do absolutely know.
You understand me quite well....
I have explained my stance a few times( in other threads..and here) and quite thoroughly I may add....never belittling or demeaning women (as I am one myself and know that Nigeria even has some heavy "movers and shakers" in terms of women...even on the world stage).
I am speaking about God's hierarchical (so to speak) structure.
Women are highly favored by the Lord.....highly...in many ways and many positions.
Pastoring a church is not one of them...now that's my stance and I "ain't changing it"....sorry to offend you

It's a shame that men (especially those who know the Word) misconstrue, twist and deceive the scriptures.
I cannot help that males do not want to take a "lead" or headship role anymore. I cannot help men who don't want to be strong, Godly, bold, men.That is an issue that you guys have to take to the Lord.
You claimed to be a "follower of Christ" too...(but you and I know both kn ow the truth) wink
A "follower of Christ" who cruises the religion section attacking only Christianity.....hmm.... so interesting that you question His entire Word.
Please let go of the anger and bitterness....and try Jesus for real this time. He's still waiting on you.
Sir or madame, still praying for you and haven't stopped....look forward to seeing you on the next controversial thread I end up on smiley

P.S. How is the gender order in Islam...if I may ask?
I know you know.....and also pray for us here in the U.S...concerning the election. That should be neutral enough and not offensive for you.
Blessings...
Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2020
Eviana:
Yes, I boldly claim to follow Jesus Christ....correct...as it reads on my personal text.
I hope to do so until the day I die....God willing.
No--Jesus hasn't spoken to me directly...verbally.....
However, He speaks, guides, teachers and rebukes through His Word.
No..He never taught "separate...and unequal". He taught different genders...different functions...different responsibilities...yet both humans being "equal".
Where did He, Jesus Christ, teach you this? Please provide reference
Eviana:
He gives examples/guidelines.....of how His church hierarchical structure should be...which is not oppressive to one gender.Genesis, 1 Timothy, The four gospels, and more books all illustrate that...which I am sure that you sir, or madame, do absolutely know.
You understand me quite well....
Genesis and Timothy are books that do not contain the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Eviana:
I have explained my stance a few times( in other threads..and here) and quite thoroughly I may add....never belittling or demeaning women (as I am one myself and know that Nigeria even has some heavy "movers and shakers" in terms of women...even on the world stage).
Good for you but I am more interested in knowing how your stance connects with the actual teachings of Jesus Christ, the one whom you claim to follow.
Eviana:
I am speaking about God's hierarchical (so to speak) structure.
Women are highly favored by the Lord.....highly...in many ways and many positions.
Pastoring a church is not one of them...now that's my stance and I "ain't changing it"....sorry to offend you
Again, if this hierarchy you speak of was indeed set up by God Himself, then you ought not to have any problems quoting God Himself declaring and describing this hierarchy. You should have no problems revealing where Jesus Christ boldly and clearly declared this hierarchy you speak of as part of His New Covenant/agreement that He is, between God and man.
Eviana:
It's a shame that men (especially those who know the Word) misconstrue, twist and deceive the scriptures.
I cannot help that males do not want to take a "lead" or headship role anymore. I cannot help men who don't want to be strong, Godly, bold, men. That is an issue that you guys have to take to the Lord.
Again, the guidelines of yours, please provide a reference for where you get them from the words of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant.
Eviana:
You claimed to be a "follower of Christ" too...(but you and I know both kn ow the truth) wink
A "follower of Christ" who cruises the religion section attacking only Christianity.....hmm.... so interesting that you question His entire Word.
Please let go of the anger and bitterness....and try Jesus for real this time. He's still waiting on you.
Sir or madame, still praying for you and haven't stopped....look forward to seeing you on the next controversial thread I end up on smiley
P.S. How is the gender order in Islam...if I may ask?
I know you know.....and also pray for us here in the U.S...concerning the election. That should be neutral enough and not offensive for you.
Blessings...
Do you know that the gospel never really reported any details of Jesus "attacking" sinners and unbelievers? No, he is not recorded to have done any of that. He did go out against those who claim to believe in God but instead sold the people lies in the name of God. Yes, Jesus Christ stood against the false teachers and prophets of His time. He stood fierce against them even pronouncing woes/curses against all false teachers and prophets, particularly the wolves that would creep in among His own sheep.

I don't have any anger or bitterness towards anyone but one thing I loathe is the false teachings/preachings of those who pretend to belong to Jesus Christ.... false teachers and prophets whose true mission among the flock is to steal from them, kill and destroy their chances at the kingdom of God with their lies and deceit.

Your prayer for the election or any election, anywhere, means nothing to me, nor will it change the reality of the world we live in, so no need to announce that here either.

1 Like

Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by Janosky: 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2020
urchcoded:
Does being a pastor's wife automatically qualify you to be a pastor and sit next to your husband at the altar? Why is this a norm in Pentecostal churches?

Them are business partners who oversee their enterprise.

After them, na their children go inherit the business.

1 Like

Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by urchcoded(m): 7:16pm On Nov 03, 2020
Janosky:

Them are business partners who oversee their enterprise.

After them, na their children go inherit the business.
it seems so. Infact that's the honest truth.

1 Like

Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by Janosky: 7:45pm On Nov 03, 2020
urchcoded:
it seems so. Infact that's the honest truth.

You go see there is always bitter quarrels and legal disputes when a Trainee learning the ropes from his Pastorpreneur Boss , suddenly leaves and converts his Boss' assets (followers and properties) to reflect the new proprietor's name & identity.

The Church of G.M. conflicts in Benin City in those days, birthing several Pastorpreneurs closing down their Boss branch Offices,in most cases.
IYKYK.....

1 Like

Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by Eviana(f): 11:03am On Nov 04, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Where did He, Jesus Christ, teach you this? Please provide reference
Genesis and Timothy are books that do not contain the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Good for you but I am more interested in knowing how your stance connects with the actual teachings of Jesus Christ, the one whom you claim to follow.
Again, if this hierarchy you speak of was indeed set up by God Himself, then you ought not to have any problems quoting God Himself declaring and describing this hierarchy. You should have no problems revealing where Jesus Christ boldly and clearly declared this hierarchy you speak of as part of His New Covenant/agreement that He is, between God and man.
Again, the guidelines of yours, please provide a reference for where you get them from the words of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant.
Do you know that the gospel never really reported any details of Jesus "attacking" sinners and unbelievers? No, he is not recorded to have done any of that. He did go out against those who claim to believe in God but instead sold the people lies in the name of God. Yes, Jesus Christ stood against the false teachers and prophets of His time. He stood fierce against them even pronouncing woes/curses against all false teachers and prophets, particularly the wolves that would creep in among His own sheep.

I don't have any anger or bitterness towards anyone but one thing I loathe is the false teachings/preachings of those who pretend to belong to Jesus Christ.... false teachers and prophets whose true mission among the flock is to steal from them, kill and destroy their chances at the kingdom of God with their lies and deceit.

Your prayer for the election or any election, anywhere, means nothing to me, nor will it change the reality of the world we live in, so no need to announce that here either.

Please show me where it condones/agrees with women pastors.....please.
Provide the scriptures that you want me to provide, biblical scholar. I'm absolutely willing to learn something new...
Please do what I "didn't do".....the onus lies on you.
Interesting that you addressed every single part of my post except for just that (1)....."crickets" to that answer I see.
You would think that you know me or something? I wonder if the rest of the alleged "Christians" on here get so much attacks?
You go around questioning a whole lot...reminds me of a part in the Word where Jesus just got done fasting and was taken up to a mountain (by a fellow) and questioned: "If you are this, then do this..." IF IF IF IF......
But I clearly see why you have chosen me.

Your issue is with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel's.
Sir/Madame, you are free to call me whatever you'd like.
That is your right.
I just thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ..that HE knows His own.

You are angry with my stance from the other thread on God's view of homosexuality.
However, you've had "beef" with me from this past summer...someone I don't even know...wow.
You are an angry, embittered and hurt person with a "chip on his/her shoulder."
I cannot change that...only Jesus can.

Sir/Madame, the gospel of Jesus Christ is simple.
His plan of salvation was to save a world dead in sin.
As the Son of God the Father, He was born, lived and died carrying a sin-filled world's debt, so that we could be reconciled to Him forever...and sin to be no longer.
Anyone who desires to be saved, should sincerely surrender to Jesus Christ...ask Him to save Him....come into his/her life.
Then He comes and the process of sanctification comes. That's it.
Now I believe that by faith....
You 1000 percent do not....and only those with discernment know what I mean.
You type in your intellectual jargon, which I 1000 percent understood..but was kindly asking you to type in simplicity instead of trying to accuse ME of what YOU are doing: ....but one thing I loathe is the false teachings/preachings of those who pretend to belong to Jesus Christ.... false teachers and prophets whose true mission among the flock is to steal from them, kill and destroy their chances at the kingdom of God with their lies and deceit (Quotation of accusation statement by Kobojunkie).

Steal the sheep's chances to enter into the Kingdom? You make "0" sense.
I do not have any church, nor am I a pastor's wife, nor am I stumping the fields trying to build up a "gig" in order to make money through religion.
I have no power to control anyone's eternal destiny nor do I want to.
Each and every person has a responsibility to make a decision "for" or "against" Christ.

Again, that minority who have discernment knows who canvasses the religion section 24/7 commenting on 95 percent of the threads....with a very clear "agenda".

Now I have noticed that you have been on "attack" mode since the thread I created where you were very rude and condescending (concerning me) while conversing with a guy that I used to be somewhat familiar with.
I don't know you. However, you are becoming very abrasive and volatile, and I don't care for that behavior.
Quite becoming of you the victim...and me the false/teacher, wolf preaching sheep "stealer".
I guess you wouldn't consider me a "threat" if I was talking about being a camel or monitor lizard that turned into a witch, or astral projecting into the home of a Nigerian governmental official and spying for whatever reason, or using a 1 inch tooth from a 3-legged pregnant bull-frog with 10 horns sticking out of her back and 2 boils on her face, to cast a "spell".
Or I need to be predicting the number of men marrying women in the church by this Friday OR better yet the outcome of the U.S. presidential election.
That's what you want I see..

If you want to have a civil discussion with me about the scriptures that you so heavily disagree with, please do so.
If not, then I would kindly advise you to see my post, read or ignore and move on...like others do.
Or go and gather up an army of supporters to shun me...no problem there either. It's been done before. I like "petty".

Again, I knew why I said I needed to fast for you.
Some results won't be seen until I see you in the Kingdom....well at least I hope to.
May God bless and change you...

P.S. By the way, I know YOU don't allegedly care but Nairaland/Nigeria does. Your country's "front-page" has my country's election results....tell them not to post stuff that doesn't pertain to them.
I'm sure you were sneak-peeking all night and morning to know the results.....oh yeah...you care.
My apologies to the OP.
You asked a topic question respectfully , I answered, and you then replied.
I had no intention for it to turn out like this.

1 Like

Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by Kobojunkiee: 7:05pm On Nov 04, 2020
Eviana:
Please show me where it condones/agrees with women pastors.....please.
Provide the scriptures that you want me to provide, biblical scholar. I'm absolutely willing to learn something new...
Please do what I "didn't do".....the onus lies on you.
One major rule as far as God's Covenants are concerned is that you should never add, and never remove from that which the Lord Himself has declared. It is a law in the Old Covenant, and also reiterated by Jesus Christ in the New Covenant

Deuteronomy 4 vs 1-2 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. “Now, Israel, listen to the laws and to the commands that I teach you. Obey them and you will live. Then you can go in and take the land that the Lord, the God of your ancestors, is giving you.
2. You must not add to what I command you. And you must not take anything away. You must obey the commands of the Lord your God that I have given you.
The New Covenant version is a bit more involved, going as far as to suggest that you should not even seek to modify the rulings of God in anyway.

That said, did Jesus Christ suggest in anyway that His teachings and commandments cut across gender lines or any lines of the sort? Absolutely not, because of the kingdom of God there are no men or women, no blacks, whites, latinos, indians, short, tall, blue, etc... There is only one kind in the kingdom of God - Children of God - and Jesus Christ is the Head and first born over them all.

Since Jesus Christ never set a commandment against women doing anything in His Kingdom, my question to you is, on what grounds do you suggest what women can or cannot do in the name of God? undecided
Eviana:
Interesting that you addressed every single part of my post except for just that (1)....."crickets" to that answer I see.
You would think that you know me or something? I wonder if the rest of the alleged "Christians" on here get so much attacks?
You go around questioning a whole lot...reminds me of a part in the Word where Jesus just got done fasting and was taken up to a mountain (by a fellow) and questioned: "If you are this, then do this..." IF IF IF IF......
But I clearly see why you have chosen me.
undecided
Eviana:
Your issue is with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel's.
Sir/Madame, you are free to call me whatever you'd like.
That is your right.
I just thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ..that HE knows His own.

You are angry with my stance from the other thread on God's view of homosexuality.
However, you've had "beef" with me from this past summer...someone I don't even know...wow.
You are an angry, embittered and hurt person with a "chip on his/her shoulder."
I cannot change that...only Jesus can.
undecided Your stance on homosexuality? There are lots of threads on homosexuality, so you will have to be more specific since I don't remember you, nor do I know who you are.
Eviana:
Sir/Madame, the gospel of Jesus Christ is simple.
His plan of salvation was to save a world dead in sin.
As the Son of God the Father, He was born, lived and died carrying a sin-filled world's debt, so that we could be reconciled to Him forever...and sin to be no longer.
Anyone who desires to be saved, should sincerely surrender to Jesus Christ...ask Him to save Him....come into his/her life.
Then He comes and the process of sanctification comes. That's it.
Now I believe that by faith....
This is what you think the Gospel of Jesus Christ is about? This is what you believe Jesus Christ lived and died for? I suggest you at least be willing to do as Jesus Christ commanded. Become like a child in your thinking, again if you have to.. pick up the book of Matthew at least, read it from beginning to end until you are sure you have a solid understanding, albeit comprehension of the gospel that Jesus Christ indeed did Teach.
Jesus Christ did not simply come to give you salvation, He came to recruit those who are saved and willing for His Kingdom. He came as God's New Covenant(complete with it's own set of blessings, curses, commandments, promises, consequences, elibigility criteria and even a seal) between God and man, and only those who do the works commanded will end up with the one reward He promised.
Eviana:
You 1000 percent do not....and only those with discernment know what I mean.
You type in your intellectual jargon, which I 1000 percent understood..but was kindly asking you to type in simplicity instead of trying to accuse ME of what YOU are doing: ....but one thing I loathe is the false teachings/preachings of those who pretend to belong to Jesus Christ.... false teachers and prophets whose true mission among the flock is to steal from them, kill and destroy their chances at the kingdom of God with their lies and deceit (Quotation of accusation statement by Kobojunkie).

Steal the sheep's chances to enter into the Kingdom? You make "0" sense.
I do not have any church, nor am I a pastor's wife, nor am I stumping the fields trying to build up a "gig" in order to make money through religion.
I have no power to control anyone's eternal destiny nor do I want to.
Each and every person has a responsibility to make a decision "for" or "against" Christ.
Good for you!
Eviana:
Again, that minority who have discernment knows who canvasses the religion section 24/7 commenting on 95 percent of the threads....with a very clear "agenda".
undecided
Eviana:
Now I have noticed that you have been on "attack" mode since the thread I created where you were very rude and condescending (concerning me) while conversing with a guy that I used to be somewhat familiar with.
I don't know you. However, you are becoming very abrasive and volatile, and I don't care for that behavior.
Quite becoming of you the victim...and me the false/teacher, wolf preaching sheep "stealer".
Me victim? You false/teacher? Dude, may I suggest you stop trying to inject yourself into every statement and comment.undecided
Like you said, I comment on more than 95% of threads, so what makes you think I have time to get to know anyone or stalk you of all? I don't even remember every really commenting on anything you posted, yet here you are pretending I have the hots for you or something. undecided
Eviana:
I guess you wouldn't consider me a "threat" if I was talking about being a camel or monitor lizard that turned into a witch, or astral projecting into the home of a Nigerian governmental official and spying for whatever reason, or using a 1 inch tooth from a 3-legged pregnant bull-frog with 10 horns sticking out of her back and 2 boils on her face, to cast a "spell".
HUH??
Eviana:
Or I need to be predicting the number of men marrying women in the church by this Friday OR better yet the outcome of the U.S. presidential election.
That's what you want I see..
huh
Eviana:

If you want to have a civil discussion with me about the scriptures that you so heavily disagree with, please do so.
If not, then I would kindly advise you to see my post, read or ignore and move on...like others do.
Or go and gather up an army of supporters to shun me...no problem there either. It's been done before. I like "petty".

Again, I knew why I said I needed to fast for you.
Some results won't be seen until I see you in the Kingdom....well at least I hope to.
May God bless and change you...
What in the world is happening here? undecided
Eviana:
P.S. By the way, I know YOU don't allegedly care but Nairaland/Nigeria does. Your country's "front-page" has my country's election results....tell them not to post stuff that doesn't pertain to them.
I'm sure you were sneak-peeking all night and morning to know the results.....oh yeah...you care.
My apologies to the OP.
You asked a topic question respectfully , I answered, and you then replied.
I had no intention for it to turn out like this.
Please learn to stick to discussing the topic at hand and not persons please. This is too much ..... there is nothing in all of this but fluff and I don't do fluff much!
Re: Are Pastors' Wives Pastors? by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 05, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
One major rule as far as God's Covenants are concerned is that you should never add, and never remove from that which the Lord Himself has declared. It is a law in the Old Covenant, and also reiterated by Jesus Christ in the New Covenant

The New Covenant version is a bit more involved, going as far as to suggest that you should not even seek to modify the rulings of God in anyway.

That said, did Jesus Christ suggest in anyway that His teachings and commandments cut across gender lines or any lines of the sort? Absolutely not, because of the kingdom of God there are no men or women, no blacks, whites, latinos, indians, short, tall, blue, etc... There is only one kind in the kingdom of God - Children of God - and Jesus Christ is the Head and first born over them all.

Since Jesus Christ never set a commandment against women doing anything in His Kingdom, my question to you is, on what grounds do you suggest what women can or cannot do in the name of God? undecided
undecided
undecided Your stance on homosexuality? There are lots of threads on homosexuality, so you will have to be more specific since I don't remember you, nor do I know who you are.
This is what you think the Gospel of Jesus Christ is about? This is what you believe Jesus Christ lived and died for? I suggest you at least be willing to do as Jesus Christ commanded. Become like a child in your thinking, again if you have to.. pick up the book of Matthew at least, read it from beginning to end until you are sure you have a solid understanding, albeit comprehension of the gospel that Jesus Christ indeed did Teach.
Jesus Christ did not simply come to give you salvation, He came to recruit those who are saved and willing for His Kingdom. He came as God's New Covenant(complete with it's own set of blessings, curses, commandments, promises, consequences, elibigility criteria and even a seal) between God and man, and only those who do the works commanded will end up with the one reward He promised.
Good for you!
undecided
Me victim? You false/teacher? Dude, may I suggest you stop trying to inject yourself into every statement and comment.undecided
Like you said, I comment on more than 95% of threads, so what makes you think I have time to get to know anyone or stalk you of all? I don't even remember every really commenting on anything you posted, yet here you are pretending I have the hots for you or something. undecided
HUH??
huh
What in the world is happening here? undecided
Please learn to stick to discussing the topic at hand and not persons please. This is too much ..... there is nothing in all of this but fluff and I don't do fluff much!

(1) (Reply)

Stress: The Major Killer Of Gospel Ministers And Their Wives / I’ll Kill Anyone Who Talks Harshly About Oyedepo – Pastor Ibiyeomie / What Is The Bible Meaning Of Speaking In Tongues? {glossolalia Or Xenoglossy}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.