Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. (3523 Views)

Edo 2020: Oshiomole Is Desperate And It Is Dangerous - Oke Umurhohwo / Tony Momoh: Obaseki Should Be Blamed For His Disqualification, Not Oshiomhole / Obaseki Should Kiss APC Ticket Goodbye If Oshiomhole Delivers Kogi & Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by ddippset(m): 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
Heffalump:

It will get to a point where Oshiomhole will find it difficult to step his foot in Edo State, not to talk of Benin the capital.

Those ass lickers that questioned Obaseki's guts by breaking free from perpetual slavery don't know the damaged reputation Oshiomhole has in the State yet
Oshiomole can't step into Edo?

You must be hallucinating.

Obaseki could only pull that stunt as a governor in the ruling party.

As soon as he joins PDP all security bosses in the state will switch their loyalty. To APC and Oshiomole.
Army GOC; DSS boss; CP.

Instruction will come from Abuja.

Oshiomole will even stroll all over Benin.
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by fergie001: 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2020
helinues:

Between Pdp and Apc which of the party controls HOA and Senate
But they need two-thirds......neither the APC nor PDP has that.
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by helinues: 12:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
fergie001:

But they need two-thirds......neither of them has that.

Oh oh, how have they been getting 2/3 to pass the loans?
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by fergie001: 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
helinues:

Oh oh, how have they been getting 2/3 to pass the loans?
A Constitution Alteration Bill is not a request.
It is neither an electoral act bill.....This is one of the items in that bill.

It is a bill that tends to alter parts of the fabric of a nation. Votes are usually carried out. You need at least 73 Senators and 240 HoR members.

Its not an aye or nay issue like regular bills.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by helinues: 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
fergie001:

A Constitution Alteration Bill is not a request.
It is neither an electoral act bill.....This is one of the items in that bill.

It is a bill that tends to alter parts of the fabric of a nation. Votes are usually carried out. You need at least 73 Senator and 240 HoR members.

Its not an aye or nay issue like regular bills.

Have we been sincerely follow all what you listed?
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by ddippset(m): 12:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
I have noticed a trend.

As soon as wailers and IPob's notice that any of Buhari's very close assocites falls out with any party member, they immediately adopt that party member as the son in whom they are well pleased;

Like Obaseki, Like Ambode, Like Magnus Abe, Like Sheu Sani;

And then slow and steady, they push that person to his doom!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by fergie001: 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by helinues: 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by fergie001: 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
helinues:

Have we been sincerely follow all what you listed?
What I sent you was the last time we had a Constitution Alteration Bill.

YES.
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by helinues: 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
fergie001:

What I sent you was the last time we had a Constitution Alteration Bill.

YES.

I am not disputing that fact.. Just wondering why this current Senate are always referred to as Rubber Stamp..
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by fergie001: 12:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
helinues:

I am not disputing that fact.. Just wondering why this current Senate are always referred to as Rubber Stamp..
This is because you don't need votes for requests from the Executive.
You don't necessarily even need them for loans.

All you need is those in support..shout yes, even if no is loudest...once the man there strikes his gavel...that's all.

Unlike the Constitution Alteration Bill, which is usually not a partisan matter.
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by helinues: 12:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
fergie001:

This is because you don't need votes for requests from the Executive.
You don't necessarily even need them for loans.

All you need is those in support..shout yes, even if no is loudest...once the man there strikes his gavel...that's all.

The Constitution Alteration Bill is usually not a partisan matter.

You are still not getting my points.. All the useless bills they have been passing, how are they scaling through even though there are more important bills that are yet to be discussed not to talk of passing?
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by fergie001: 12:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
helinues:

You are still not getting my points.. All the useless bills they have been passing, how are they scaling through even though there are more important bills that are yet to be discussed not to talk of passing
When a lawmaker has a bill, you bring it and then they pass nah. That's why tested hands are always needed at the NA.

When a serious lawmaker has any bill, he brings it forward, then they sit on it nah.

What do you expect from a legislator that goes there to sleep for four years?
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by helinues: 12:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
fergie001:

When a lawmaker has a bill, you bring it and then they pass nah. That's why tested hands are always needed at the NA.

When a serious lawmaker has any bill, he brings it forward, then they sit on it nah.

What do you expect from a legislator that goes there to sleep for four years?

Abi, are they even creative to come up with any reasonable bills? Except the one that will favour them.

If Nigerians are really serious about change, then we should shift our energy from presidency in 2023 and focus on Senate, HOA and State assembly.

Even if clueless people are elected as president and governors, working house should be able to put them in order
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by fergie001: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
helinues:

Abi, are they even creative to come up with any reasonable bills? Except the one that will favour them.

If Nigerians are really serious about change, then we should shift our energy from presidency in 2023 and focus on Senate, HOA and State assembly.

Even if clueless people are elected as president and governors, working house should be able to put them in order
It cannot work.
This is because majority of the State Assembly legislators got their forms from the Governors. What do you expect?

Infact these days, Federal legislators must be loyal to the Governors.

I agree that our legislative angle is a problem.
I also believe that this Presidency hasn't performed.

...but like I always re-echo, Nigeria's biggest administrative problems are the GOVERNORS.

These people just sit, amass wealth...and have boys as legislators...whilst all the searchlight beam to whoever is President.

There must be a way to uproot them and that's why Buhari's only success must be premised on the signing of the judiciary, legislators bill, otherwise he has wasted a golden opportunity.
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by helinues: 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
fergie001:

It cannot work.
This is because majority of the State Assembly legislators got their forms from the Governors. What do you expect?

Infact these days, Federal legislators must be loyal to the Governors.

I agree that our legislative angle is a problem.
I also believe that this Presidency hasn't performed.

...but like I always re-echo, Nigeria's biggest administrative problems are the GOVERNORS.

These people just sit, amass wealth...and have boys as legislators...whilst all the searchlight beam to whoever is President.

There must be a way to uproot them and that's why Buhari's only success must be premised on the signing of the judiciary, legislators bill, otherwise he has wasted a golden opportunity.

That's fallacy we have been believing for long... If the state assembly members comprised of different political party, no governor will try nonsense cos opinions will always be divided.

This is the best time for Regional party before national party...

The governor's are doing almost nothing why most of the blames goes to the president..
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by fergie001: 12:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
helinues:

That's fallacy we have been believing for long... If the state assembly members comprised of different political party, no governor will try nonsense cos opinions will always be divided.
You believe I will give you a form to run, then tomorrow you will plan to impeach me. Is that not funny?
Asides the gestapo-styled impeachments of DSP & Ayo F, have another happened? The Governors are wiser.

Are you made aware that the lone PDP member in KWSHA has not been sworn in till date and nothing has happened.

The SHAs are the kitchens of the Governors. The fmr Gov of Edo even removed the roof of the House of Assembly and relocated assembly matters to his parlour.

The fmr Gov of Ekiti's own is still fresh in our memories.

Is the defection Imo strange? It isn't.

Since Buhari spoke about that bill, have you heard any Speaker utter a word? Try it and be boxed out of your seat. The SHAs are the Governor's fiefdom.

This is the best time for Regional party before national party
Regional Party? What happened to AD, AC, ACN, CPC, APGA & co.?
It doesn't work that way. No matter the rule you bring in, the determinant lies in the players.
Until we begin to make a maggi-thief suffer same shame as a contract-thief? We go no where.

You do regional party, you lose national dominance. So pick one.

The governor's are doing almost nothing why most of the blames goes to the president..
Same I implied...very true.
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by helinues: 1:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
fergie001:

You believe I will give you a form to run, then tomorrow you will plan to impeach me. Is that not funny?
Asides the gestapo-styled impeachments of DSP & Ayo F, have another happened? The Governors are wiser.

Are you made aware that the lone PDP member in KWSHA has not been sworn in till date and nothing has happened.

The SHAs are the kitchens of the Governors. The fmr Gov of Edo even removed the roof of the House of Assembly and relocated assembly matters to his parlour.

The fmr Gov of Ekiti's own is still fresh in our memories.

Is the defection Imo strange? It isn't.

Since Buhari spoke about that bill, have you heard any Speaker utter a word? Try it and be boxed out of your seat. The SHAs are the Governor's fiefdom.

Regional Party? What happened to AD, AC, ACN, CPC, APGA & co.?
It doesn't work that way. No matter the rule you bring in, the determinant lies in the players.
Until we begin to make a maggi-thief suffer same shame as a contract-thief? We go no where.

You do regional party, you lose national dominance. So pick one.

Same I implied...very true.

What happened to AD, AC, ACN, CPC, APGA & co.?

Those parties were not built with genuine intention of regional development. It was aimed for national cake...

During their existence, what extra ordinary things have those parties done to their regions? It's all for political selfish game.

I stated earlier that Nigerians should shift their attentions from presidency and governorship position. Let's elect credible people as our Representatives.. Senators, HOA, State Assembly members.. Dino gave us the green light they they can be recalled if underperformed.

Regional party for regional development which people will benefit directly not all this audio benefits..

Are the governor's electing themselves? Different regional party will split the majority of the leading party..
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by mustausman(m): 1:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Please a good Samaritan should help a brother with a token to get some foidstuffs.I am a private school teacher , no dime since march.... God bless the giver....

GTB, 0464929698,I.B.
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by fergie001: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
helinues:

Those parties were not built with genuine intention of regional development. It was aimed for national cake...

During their existence, what extra ordinary things have those parties done to their regions? It's all for political selfish game.

I stated earlier that Nigerians should shift their attentions from presidency and governorship position. Let's elect credible people as our Representatives.. Senators, HOA, State Assembly members.. Dino gave us the green light they they can be recalled if underperformed.

Regional party for regional development which people will benefit directly not all this audio benefits..

Are the governor's electing themselves? Different regional party will split the majority of the leading party..

Can you run any party successfully (national or regional) without money?
Who brings the money?
The same people that have messed up the system.

Dino is now an activist because he is no more there. Dino was in the HoR, later in the Nigerian Senate and didn't know they had underperformed?

For you to make any phenomenal change in our polity, you must correct the ELECTORAL SYSTEM.

What is the point that I oppose you as an aspirant, possess good and novel ideas but know I will be rigged out by the system.

How can I say I intend to contest office of the Chairman of a LG and the SIEC will just write results against me.

Unless we correct our ELECTORAL SYSTEM, where our votes will really begin to count....forget it, any idea will fall flat.

How did the AD get to the low it now is?
Idealism......excepting Tinubu who open eye, he would have been swept away as well.

I used to be one but we need dwell on the practical realities and challenge the electoral system.

Bring an AD candidate now, the APC candidate will collect Federal money and outdo you.

Bring an SDP candidate now, the PDP will Marshall all its powers financially and wreck you.

The Electoral System, The Electoral body is the bridge to that right process.
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by WATCHOVER(m): 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
The man in question has 3 credit past[/quote]
It is irrelevant, as your grade doesn't matter
Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by vicdom(m): 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
fergie001:

The bill came up for 1st reading at the HoR, Mar 05

It is the Senate that has adopted it, the HoR hasn't.

Well, the HoR has gone on break. The PDP members might get wind of it and stall it.

The member who sponsored it in both chambers of the NA are PDP members.

Hon. Mzondu might simply withdraw the bill. Then make sure the HoR don't get two-thirds.....This is Politics.

Buhari doesn't pass off to me as a man that will sign a bill to disenfranchise an Obaseki who isn't even his enemy, so to speak.
Bro leave that APC appologist, I thought you should know that electoral process starts with obtaining of party expression of interest and nomination form, participation in the party primary and eventually main election. However, a new law shall not affect any aforegoing circumstances either shall it affect previous circumstances, but rather future circumstances from the day any bill legislation have been assented to and become a law. In other words, even if this law is passed today, it shall not affect this aforegoing election, but rather future elections. Once the electoral body INEC announces a window for expression of interest and nomination process, the electoral process begins with it. So if this bill becomes a law today or tomorrow, it shall not affect Edo neither shall it affect Ondo election but rather any other future election.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomole Is Not Smart - Obaseki Should Have Contested. by fergie001: 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
vicdom:

Bro leave that APC appologist, I thought you should know that electoral process starts with obtaining of party expression of interest and nomination form, participation in the party primary and eventually main election. However, a new law shall not affect any aforegoing circumstances either shall it affect previous circumstances, but rather future circumstances from the day any bill legislation have been assented to and become a law. In other words, even if this law is passed today, it shall not affect this aforegoing election, but rather future elections. Once the electoral body INEC announces a window for expression of interest and nomination process, the electoral process begins with it. So if this bill becomes a law today or tomorrow, it shall not affect Edo neither shall it affect Ondo election but rather any other future election.
The Constitution is Supreme, meaning the Electoral Act or any Act for that matter cannot subvert the provisions of the Constitution.

Even though, you might be fairly correct but it is subject to various interpretations.

For example, when the bill for an act placed a time-limit for pre-election cases (i.e. fourth alteration).....many cases before the Supreme Court were caught up and CJN Tanko dealt with it immediately.

The case of Abraham v Akeredolu and so many cases were thrown out (over 70 cases), notwithstanding that these cases were already in court before the new law.

What IF Obaseki submits his O'levels, and in July, a lawyer takes him to Court and then in August..one month to elections, It is passed into law, what happens?

It could go here or there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maza Maza Residents Discover Thousands Hoarded Of COVID-19 Palliatives / 8 Killed As Fulani Herdsmen, Villagers Clash In Enugu Community / Ekiti IGR: EKIRS Embarks On Tax Compliance Enforcement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.