Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes (784 Views)

Ronaldo Not Bigger Player Than Me, Messi Remains Greatest Footballer- E. Hazard / Victor Osimhen Notches 100th Career Goal Faster Than Lionel Messi And Ronaldo / Arsenal Will Sign 'better Player' If Aubameyang Completes Transfer To Man Utd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes by Feelhisglory: 10:21am On Jun 14, 2020
Brazilian football legend Pele has claimed that he believes Cristiano Ronaldo is better than rival Lionel Messi - because Ronaldo is 'more consistent'.
Messi and Ronaldo have been inseparable since breaking onto the scene over a decade ago.

But former World Cup winner Pele has weighed in on who he thinks is the better player and it's Juventus forward Ronaldo who comes out on top ahead of the Barcelona captain.
"Today the best player in the world is Cristiano Ronaldo," Pele told YouTube channel Pilhado per Daily Mail.

"I think he's the best, because he's more consistent, but you can't forget about [Lionel] Messi, of course, but he's not a striker."

Despite his glowing praise of the duo, Pele still arrived at a simple conclusion when deciding who is the best of all time - himself.

"It is a question that is difficult to answer," he begun when asked who is the best.

"We cannot forget about Zico, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo.

"And in Europe, Franz Beckenbauer and Johan Cruyff.

"Now, it's not my fault, but I think Pele was better than them all."
Pele has recently undergone a hip operation and rumours had emerged he was struggling to come to terms with his reduced mobility.

His son Edinho claimed the former New York Cosmos man was 'embarrassed' to leave home due to hip issues which caused 'a certain depression'.

But the 79-year-old was quick to shoot the claims down in an interview with CNN and insisted he is 'fine'.

"This depression thing, I don't know if they got it wrong because in the last two years I had a bruise, a femur operation and then, when I started training or making a commercial, I had to stop.
"They started to worry and I really appreciate it, but then they invented that I was depressed. I got here with a walker but, thank God, I only can't ride a bike.
"Even some of the times when I was hurt, bruised, I did not fail to give an interview and I said that I was sad because I had been injured.

"That is exactly what I am going to talk about now: I would rather have arrived here without a walker, doing a little training, playing ball. But I'm recovering and, thank God, after everything I've done in sports, I'm fine. Thank goodness I'm recovering."

Do you agree with Pele's belief that Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Lionel Messi?
Re: Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes by ObaKlaz: 10:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Cristiano 'more consistent' than Messi...
What does that even mean?!

1 Like

Re: Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes by uthlaw: 10:58am On Jun 14, 2020
What do you all have to say:christiano is better than Messi because he change team..
Re: Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes by enochogaga(m): 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Feelhisglory:
[s]Brazilian football legend Pele has claimed that he believes Cristiano Ronaldo is better than rival Lionel Messi - because Ronaldo is 'more consistent'.
Messi and Ronaldo have been inseparable since breaking onto the scene over a decade ago.

But former World Cup winner Pele has weighed in on who he thinks is the better player and it's Juventus forward Ronaldo who comes out on top ahead of the Barcelona captain.
"Today the best player in the world is Cristiano Ronaldo," Pele told YouTube channel Pilhado per Daily Mail.

"I think he's the best, because he's more consistent, but you can't forget about [Lionel] Messi, of course, but he's not a striker."

Despite his glowing praise of the duo, Pele still arrived at a simple conclusion when deciding who is the best of all time - himself.

"It is a question that is difficult to answer," he begun when asked who is the best.

"We cannot forget about Zico, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo.

"And in Europe, Franz Beckenbauer and Johan Cruyff.

"Now, it's not my fault, but I think Pele was better than them all."
Pele has recently undergone a hip operation and rumours had emerged he was struggling to come to terms with his reduced mobility.

His son Edinho claimed the former New York Cosmos man was 'embarrassed' to leave home due to hip issues which caused 'a certain depression'.

But the 79-year-old was quick to shoot the claims down in an interview with CNN and insisted he is 'fine'.

"This depression thing, I don't know if they got it wrong because in the last two years I had a bruise, a femur operation and then, when I started training or making a commercial, I had to stop.
"They started to worry and I really appreciate it, but then they invented that I was depressed. I got here with a walker but, thank God, I only can't ride a bike.
"Even some of the times when I was hurt, bruised, I did not fail to give an interview and I said that I was sad because I had been injured.

"That is exactly what I am going to talk about now: I would rather have arrived here without a walker, doing a little training, playing ball. But I'm recovering and, thank God, after everything I've done in sports, I'm fine. Thank goodness I'm recovering."

Do you agree with Pele's belief that Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Lionel Messi?[/s]

Noonsense
Re: Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes by EbukaHades10(m): 2:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
Pele wey no like Messi from day one as Delima no like CR7

Re: Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes by obonujoker(m): 8:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
Pele opinion >>>>> than any other footballer grin
Re: Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes by paulolee(m): 11:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
nonsense
Re: Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes by Danny50: 11:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sir you av said it all ronaldo remain the best.
Re: Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:50am On Jun 15, 2020
It is Pele's opinion, nothing more.

In my own opinion, Messi is a better player than Ronaldo.
Re: Pele Explains Why He Thinks Cristiano Ronaldo Is A Better Player Than Lionel Mes by yungsmart(m): 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
Trash. This guy wey no stable. Today he will say messi is the best, tomorow Ronaldo is the best, next tomorrow messi is the best.

Mtvheww OLD MAN

(1) (Reply)

Jubilation At Old Trafford As Barcelona Star "Joins" Man Utd. / Football Players who are likely to light up the New EPL 2020/21 Season / Invest Don't Gamble, Check This Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.