Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? (646 Views)

Did Abraham Lie? / Who Did Abraham Try To Sacrifice? / The Coronavirus Pandemic And The Prophecy Of Haggai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by OkpanachiMax: 12:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
BIBLE STUDY

I have been trying to relate to this for long, so I decided to share it here and hear our insights.

Ref scripture: Genesis 16:1-6

Did Abraham marry Haggai before he went into her chamber?

Can we consider it as adultery?
Your opinions pls
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by dingbang(m): 12:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
Lol adultery or not, God still blessed Abraham, he is in heaven chilling with Jesus.

People like to carry matter for their head.

1 Like

Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by Newcreature2020(m): 12:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
No,there was no law as at then,so it wasn't a sin
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by ejimoney(m): 12:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
God told Abraham that whatever your wife tell you to do; do it. it is that voice that he follow and nothing more. the Bible said that obedience is better than sacrifice... my opinion though..
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by funshint(m): 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
She was a slave owned by her master. So no formal marriage was needed. Abraham still had children with other women apart from Sarah and Hagar. It was the norm that time. As per adultery....there was nothing like that at that time. Not until Moses' ten commandment.

1 Like

Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by funshint(m): 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
ejimoney:
God told Abraham that whatever your wife tell you to do; do it. it is that voice that he follow and nothing more. the Bible said that obedience is better than sacrifice... my opinion though..
Sir pls don't twist Bible...God said that after Sarah became furious of the servant and told Abraham to send her away. Not before Abraham entered her.

1 Like

Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by OkpanachiMax: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
dingbang:
Lol adultery or not, God still blessed Abraham, he is in heaven chilling with Jesus.

People like to carry matter for their head.

grin grin
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
Can you tell me how this question will lead you to heaven.... Christians always confusing themselves because they ask the wrong question
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by OkpanachiMax: 12:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:

Really?
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by rasxx(m): 12:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
funshint:
She was a slave owned by her master. So no formal marriage was needed. Abraham still had children with other women apart from Sarah and Hagar. It was the norm that time. As per adultery....there was nothing like that at that time. Not until Moses' ten commandment.
Some men would wish the Mosaic laws didn't include adultery.
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:

So Cain killing Abel was also not a sin because "there was no law at then", right?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by OkpanachiMax: 1:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

So Cain killing Abel was also not a sin because "there was no law at then", right?

I wonder o
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by OkpanachiMax: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
funshint:

What of killing?
Why was Cain punished for killing his brother then?
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by Jokerman(m): 1:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
Na Father Abraham you dey question so... you mean Abraham that God blessed and gave an estate even in paradise.... Abraham's bosom??
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by Jokerman(m): 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
Newcreature2020:

Where did you get these lies from??

Ever heard of Cain and Abel??
Ever heard of Lot's wife??
Ever heard of Sodom and Gomorrah??
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by OkpanachiMax: 2:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Jokerman:
Na Father Abraham you dey question so... you mean Abraham that God blessed and gave an estate even in paradise.... Abraham's bosom??

No
It is a Bible study class grin
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by Smhaykins(m): 2:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
thariodamaniac:
Can you tell me how this question will lead you to heaven.... Christians always confusing themselves because they ask the wrong question

Tell me how going to school will lead you to heaven....

Everything is about heaven

1 Like

Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by OkpanachiMax: 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Smhaykins:

Thank you for that good reply smiley
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by OkpanachiMax: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
Jokerman:

Where did you get these lies from??

Ever heard of Cain and Abel??
Ever heard of Lot's wife??
Ever heard of Sodom and Gomorrah??

Tell him bro
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by funshint(m): 3:57pm On Jun 14, 2020
OkpanachiMax:

What of killing?
Why was Cain punished for killing his brother then?
If Hagar was to be a married slave now, then it'll have been considered as adultery. Sometimes you don't need written laws to know if something is right or wrong. Some things without saying anything contravene natural laws of which murder like in Cain's case is part of them. Also adultery.
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 14, 2020
Smhaykins:

how does ur question and mine relate.... Who said anytin abt school... Are you confused?
I can see you fail to understand what value will knowin abt hagar add to ur spiritual life except confuse you? If its adultery or not I don't care... Its not like i would be in abraham's shoes one day....
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by OkpanachiMax: 4:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
funshint:

If Hagar was to be a married slave now, then it'll have been considered as adultery. Sometimes you don't need written laws to know if something is right or wrong. Some things without saying anything contravene natural laws of which murder like in Cain's case is part of them. Also adultery.

Ok o
Re: Did Abraham Marry Haggai Before Entering Her Chamber? by Kobojunkie: 1:44am On Jun 15, 2020
OkpanachiMax:
BIBLE STUDY

I have been trying to relate to this for long, so I decided to share it here and hear our insights.

Ref scripture: Genesis 16:1-6

Did Abraham marry Haggai before he went into her chamber?

Can we consider it as adultery?
Your opinions pls

She was his slave so his property to with as he pleased.
This was the time before the laws of sin and death so it was not adultery as by traditional rite then, slaves were properties.

(1) (Reply)

Elisha, The Youths And The She-bears. / Disabled Gbenga Daniel Son Express Frustration From Nigerian Pastors (pic) / You Need To Start Getting Physical (and Digital ) copies Of Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.