Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,649 members, 7,955,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best (2856 Views)

Samsung A20s Or Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 / Where Do I Repair Phones Like Vernee, Oukitel, Leagoo Or Xiaomi? / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by dims95(m): 1:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
nitt:

Which phone isn't mass produced?... Samsung makes more from the midrange line than it does from its premium line i.e the S series, Apple doesn't make midrange due to their stuck up business strategy, but they saw the business and money Samsung is making from its midrange line and they now picked up this strategy with the launch of the iphone se 2020!.

The Samsung A30 wad the best selling phone in europe in 2019... it's business boy!

Thank you for the exposition that has no bearing on the argument at hand. Tell me something I don't know.

nitt:

2ndly, the rolls royce is a car and the golf is also a car, both will take u from point a to point b, going by your analogy earlier, class shouldn't be a determinant in making a choice of purchase...

I highlighted that in the comparison of both cars all things being equal in terms of functionality.

Comprehend before typing hysterically

And don't twist my argument, I'm not arguing for function to be the only purchase determinant. I listed a good number of factors previously, address those. And yes, class shouldn't be a determinant. It's an intangible that cannot be given.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by vivalavida(m): 1:26pm On Jun 15, 2020
nitt:

You wouldn't have a hint of what i mean. It's understandable.

Some pay the big money for the rolls royce cos of taste & cos it exhudes class.

For instance, Will the Volkswagen golf be capable.. yes!, Will it take you to where you're going.. yes!, Will it give you build quality.. yes!. But, will it give you all these and exude class ....NO!.

You Sir! are the delusional one here cry
You are speaking my mind bro.

No matter how good Xiaomi may be, I still see it as an extension of techno and gionee. That's just me.
I am rolling with a sammy.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by nitt: 1:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
dims95:

Thank you for the exposition that has no bearing on the argument at hand. Tell me something I don't know.

And don't twist my argument, I'm not arguing for function to be the only purchase determinant. I listed a good number of factors previously, address those. And yes, class shouldn't be a determinant. It's an intangible that cannot be given.

Guy, it's clear we will not reach a common ground.

Let's take our positions and roll with it, that's the joy of informed conversations.

Besides, I'm tired of typing... lol

Cheers, man
Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by abatically(m): 2:30pm On Jun 15, 2020
Lightway:
Im6 looking to buy one and I'm looking for someone to sharetheri experience using any of these brands.

I'm not asking you to tell me what to do, just relate your experience

There are different classes of phones, from entry to mid range to semi flagship to flagship and then we have some exotics or super phones like the Galaxy fold. It depends on what u are looking for. Overall Samsung phones are better. It's not even a competition, forget what xiaomi fans will tell u. Though xiaomi gives better value for ur money but if money is not the problem Samsung phones are just better.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by abatically(m): 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
skywalker240:
IMO, If you're talking about mid range, samsung devices are poor in that department.

sentiments aside galaxy A and M series are no match for xiaomi mid range

unless maybe you're talking about their flagships.

Quick question, is redmi note 9 pro better than the Galaxy A71? Forget that the A71 is pricier, it's the price u have to pay for quality and brand. A71 has a better display, processor and it's faster, and Samsung one UI is better than MIUI. The only area the redmi takes the edge is in build quality, glass front and back but both phones have plastic frame. Yes the A71 is more expensive, but is that not the same thing xiaomi fans say when they compare their phones to tecno and infinix? They will say that extra money u pay is for quality. The same thing applies here.

4 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
After bullying tecno and infinix fans, now xiaomi fans want to take on Samsung lol. Una egungun go soon cross express.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Or Xiaomi: Which Phone Is Best by skywalker240(m): 8:16am On Jun 17, 2020
abatically:

Quick question, is redmi note 9 pro better than the Galaxy A71? Forget that the A71 is pricier, it's the price u have to pay for quality and brand. A71 has a better display, processor and it's faster, and Samsung one UI is better than MIUI. The only area the redmi takes the edge is in build quality, glass front and back but both phones have plastic frame. Yes the A71 is more expensive, but is that not the same thing xiaomi fans say when they compare their phones to tecno and infinix? They will say that extra money u pay is for quality. The same thing applies here.
Yeah, but that doesn't change the fact that Samsung price their mid range devices way above price for it's spec'

That's the real problem with them

The pricing sometimes don't merit the A series when compared with other mid rangers from most notable Brand's.

Not only Redmi devices, but other mid rangers in general, take for example a Realme x2 pro with better chipset and Gorilla glass 5 infact much better than the A71 been retailed for 120k compared to the A71 been sold for almost 170k

In essence, their pricing are not worth the spec's, to me it's brand name that's pushing some individual.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Samsung A70 For Sale / TECNO CAMON 20 FULL REVIEW / Vmobile Nigeria Project ROSE ("Rolling Out Service Everywhere")

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.