Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP (31308 Views)

Even If Obaseki Wins This Election ... APC Will Use Imo State Formula (Opinion) / Tony Momoh: I Won’t Be Shocked If Obaseki Wins Edo Governorship Election / Oshiomhole: We Won’t Lose Edo State If Obaseki Leaves APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by SamuelOamen: 4:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
Rivers Governor Nyesom Wike has stated he would be a happy should his Edo counterpart, Godwin Obaseki, joins the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP).

Obaseki has been disqualified by the All Progressives Congress(APC) from the primary that will produce a candidate for the party ahead of the September governorship race in Edo over alleged "defective qualifications."

There had been pressure on Obaseki to cross over to the PDP and pick its governorship ticket.

Wike, who hosted Obaseki in a private meeting on Sunday, said he would gladly welcome the Edo Governor to the PDP fold.

Speaking with reporters on Monday at the Government House Port-Harcourt, the Governor also blasted the Nigerian Governors Forum(NGF), alleging it has become toothless under APC.

Wike said: “Ordinary, I would not speak on it ( Obaseki’s fate) but the NGF has become a toothless bulldog that can only bark and not bite. It is quite unfortunate that I belong to such a forum. Nobody seems to respect the Governors Forum again because we have given ourselves out”

"Obaseki is a member of the APC, I campaigned against him in 2016 but how can you say a sitting governor is being disqualified because some of his certificates are defective? He was presented by the National Chairman of APC, when he was governor. I was watching a video where Adams Oshiomhole described him as a product of Nigeria's premier university, who went to the US and came back with a masters degree."

On the possibility of defecting to the PDP, Wike said: "Yes, he came to see me yesterday; both of us are South-south governors. We sat down and discussed issues, seek opinions and compared notes. He has not said he wants to come to PDP; he is meeting with us and holding discussions to determine, but I will be happy if he comes."

Wike said it was “quite unfortunate” the treatment meted on Obaseki by the All Progressive Congress leadership, and lamented the perceived acquiescing silence of the NGF and the Progressive Governors Forum.

"If you ask me if I am happy about the way he was disqualified, how can I be happy? How can you disqualify a sitting governor? You asked a Commissioner fo screen a sitting governor and disqualify him."

"Since 2015 when the APC took over leadership of the Governor’s Forum, everything died; the forum is is not what we used to have. It used to be a powerful forum. The APC has killed it and the forum is now focused on the interests of the ruling party, instead of focusing on good governance and interest of Nigeria and Nigerians.”

"When the IG (Ibrahim Idris) withdrew my security aides and exposed me to danger, the Governors did not say anything. Yari (Abubakar) was the (NGF) President and a member of the APC. I told them that they're being captured, and today the forum has become a Beggars Forum because they have to beg for everything."

He said the ongoing discussion on the Infectious Bill before the National Assembly showed show that the forum has lost its bite, relevance and failed to play its role as an integral part of the nation's democratic process.

Wike also took a swipe at the Progressive Governors Forum, comprising state governors on the platform of the APC, stating that Obaseki's fate was a slap on the union's face.

The Rivers Governor warned the manner of Obaseki's disqualification, despite the political implications for the APC, indicates that the ruling party was willing to throw caution to the wind and take the state by brute force.

Yet, he warned the ruling party not to use the Police and Security to manipulate Edo election, stressing it could unleash civil disobedience in a magnitude of what is currently happening in the United States, over the killing of an African-America.

"They cannot get away with using the security force and INEC to have their way because everybody will be involved. Edo people will be involved. See what is happening in the US with George Floyd's death, nobody expected that just one death can lead to all that."

https://thenationonlineng.net/i-will-be-happy-if-obaseki-joins-pdp-wike/

20 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Poloyanabo2(m): 4:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
Who no like better thing?
PDP is lobbying for more members, they even send me an invite on facebook.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Childofgrace18: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
Before nko

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Newcreature2020(m): 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
Politics Shaa,it's a game without honour.

The end of all things is at hand...
1peter4:7

The era of politicians ruling is slowly coming to an end,if you can calculate the time like Daniel did in the bible then u are smart. smile.... we told them yet some didn't listen.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by PIMPAR: 4:07pm On Jun 15, 2020
But Obaseki said ,he does not want godfatherism in Edo state.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by lekki1444: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
wike is weak. the kissing governor

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Latidoh1: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Please I will be happy if you all join together and patronize me https://www.nairaland.com/5878101/direct-tokunbo-cars-1m-above

2 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Joefat: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Good.. I'm watching

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by xynerise: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Normal recycled shiiit..

Two party system

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2020

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by EyezofGod120: 4:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
Criminals

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Asgard13: 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
Wike .... man wey Dey cure Apc craze..

Apc governors are fools... even from their looks.. senseless bunch of junkies ..

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Bobotic(m): 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
Adams right now grin

- I just shocked this one small grin grin grin

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
You better go and postrate for tinubu.. after God na him fit put you for post oo.. be it his state or yours

10 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by vibbb: 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
If only they will give him free hands to operate, Anyways money ans all questions in naija polities.
Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
Obaseki should man up, Edo is behind him...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Mikelarteta(m): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
A
Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by chukwuibuipob: 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
cool so those other pdp gubernatorial candidate go leave Am for Obaseki like mumu sbi

6 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Echo50(m): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
An opportunity given him to fight back. Let them know his importance........ no one uses me and dumb me
Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Quelme: 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
Edo is not Lagos. But you are criss crossing the length and breadth of Nigeria. An orphan in total disarray! Very soon na Moscow and London you go land.

I never hear pim from Philip Shuaibu, hope him never commit suicide? Like run to Jericho, you will forever remain a political liability.

25 Likes

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:11pm On Jun 15, 2020
You will be happy to have him in PDP so that you can conveniently be his godfather

Certificate or not, anytime any day I prefer Oshomole's intellect to that of Wike.
They are no match any time any day.

Listening to wike I always find it difficult to believe he's a lawyer

Sometimes, I find his education highly questionable. Still he remains godfather in PDP

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by sweetjohn(m): 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
me too
Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by roladex(f): 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ok
Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by kyuniii(m): 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
Let us wake and see if he moves or not
Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Charmingrascal(m): 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
That's a double loss
Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by chukwuibuipob: 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
cool me too and watch him go back to his village
Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by kenzysmith: 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
every polictian just dey use this guy dey play . oshomele be like obasekoo na so d thing pain u reach?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by ddippset(m): 4:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
I still cannot wrap my head around what the hell is really going on!

Deontay Wilder threw his punch at Tyson Fury and missed. Fury threw his own punch and knocked down Wilder.
People are blaming Fury for knocking down Wilder.
What sort of logic is this?

Obaseki used his power as Governor to probe and indict Oshiomole.
Obaseki used his power as Governor to attempt removing Oshiomole as APC National Chairman.

Oshiomole now used his own power as APC National Chairman to stop Obaseki from becoming Edo candidate.

What exactly are people wailing about?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by phatnpretty(f): 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
I think a certain Governor won't survive the pandemic..... From what I heard, he is almost g***age
Re: Wike: I Will Be Happy If Obaseki Joins PDP by Cypron(m): 4:13pm On Jun 15, 2020
Let him cross-carpet and let the game go on.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Photos From Anambra Governorship Election 2021 / Observers From US & UK Express Concern Over Election Result Validity In Rivers / Jibrin Links Dogara And Hembe With Prostitutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.