Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,657 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

Hatchery Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hatchery Business (596 Views)

I Want To Start Hatchery Business / Starting A Poultry Parent Stock And Hatchery Business! Ask Me Anything / I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hatchery Business by Okaherbert(m): 6:15pm On Jun 15, 2020
I want to go into the business of hatching of birds and packaging and sale of frozen birds. Please I need to be guided on the following:
1. Contact for purchase of fertilised eggs for production of the birds and the cost of the fertilised eggs. Is this available anywhere?
2. Contact for purchase of the parent stock for broilers and layers.
3. Someone with experience on setting up these kinds of businesses
to be engaged for assistance. I could be reached at okaherbert@gmail.com
Re: Hatchery Business by Azarina: 1:18am On Jun 16, 2020
Every bird has parent stocks. I will tell you the two ways of getting broiler breeders. I will tell you the scientific way and the quacks way. The scientific way is to buy parent stock from a primary breeder (like Obasanjo hatchery) as day old. Growing is typically a two-stage process. One, a starter brooder house or farm for the day old chicks till 18weeks.The male is seperated from the female and reared in different houses. Two, broiler breeder laying house. By 19 weeks, the birds will be moved into the specialized building. It is a deep litter system. Males and female are raised together. The birds are not generally caged, especially since the roosters must mate with the hens to fertilize the eggs. Nests are provided for laying hens. Laying will commence between 24-26weeks. Weight of birds are strictly monitored because over far hen Will be a poor egg producer. When the rooster mates with the hen, sperm enter the hen's oviduct and are stored within sperm storage glands. The sperm can remain viable for up to 3 weeks. However, a hen will have maximum fertility for only about 3 to 4 days after one mating. Therefore, the male-to-female ratio in a flock must be enough to ensure mating of every hen every 3 days or so. To maintain fertility, younger roosters may be introduced as the flock ages. The eggs are taken to hatchery. The rest is history. Note; these eggs is not meant for human consumption. The quacks methods; they will just pick very good male and female broiler from their flocks, start feeding them specially. No monitoring of anything. Egg performance is somewhat poor. I just wrap it up, it is more than this. If you want to be selling broiler day old chicks, sure, you need broiler breeders.

Do you have prior experience about poultry
They are various niche in poultry, why have you chosen hatchery
How do you integrate your staff if you are a newbie like them

Nothing is impossible, im not discouraging you but your idea is huge and needs serious survey.
Why not start with the frozen chicken business, you rear and process
One step at a time
Re: Hatchery Business by Prosperousman(m): 4:34am On Jun 16, 2020
your business idea is highly capital intensive.
Re: Hatchery Business by Bentila(m): 11:28am On Jun 16, 2020
Azarina:

Every bird has parent stocks. I will tell you the two ways of getting broiler breeders. I will tell you the scientific way and the quacks way. The scientific way is to buy parent stock from a primary breeder (like Obasanjo hatchery) as day old. Growing is typically a two-stage process. One, a starter brooder house or farm for the day old chicks till 18weeks.The male is seperated from the female and reared in different houses. Two, broiler breeder laying house. By 19 weeks, the birds will be moved into the specialized building. It is a deep litter system. Males and female are raised together. The birds are not generally caged, especially since the roosters must mate with the hens to fertilize the eggs. Nests are provided for laying hens. Laying will commence between 24-26weeks. Weight of birds are strictly monitored because over far hen Will be a poor egg producer. When the rooster mates with the hen, sperm enter the hen's oviduct and are stored within sperm storage glands. The sperm can remain viable for up to 3 weeks. However, a hen will have maximum fertility for only about 3 to 4 days after one mating. Therefore, the male-to-female ratio in a flock must be enough to ensure mating of every hen every 3 days or so. To maintain fertility, younger roosters may be introduced as the flock ages. The eggs are taken to hatchery. The rest is history. ; Note these eggs is not meant for human consumption. The quacks methods; they will just pick very good male and female broiler from their flocks, start feeding them specially. No monitoring of anything. Egg performance is somewhat poor. I just wrap it up, it is more than this. If you want to be selling broiler day old chicks, sure, you need broiler breeders.

Do you have prior experience about poultry
They are various niche in poultry, why have you chosen hatchery
How do you integrate your staff if you are a newbie like them

Nothing is impossible, im not discouraging you but your idea is huge and needs serious survey.
Why not start with the frozen chicken business, you rear and process
One step at a time

Can you explain d bold sentence ? Do you mean it's not healthy or you mean something else. I like to know pls
Re: Hatchery Business by Azarina: 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2020
Bentila:
Can you explain d bold sentence ? Do you mean it's not healthy or you mean something else. I like to know pls

Meaning it's not table egg
It's different from layers egg.
Re: Hatchery Business by CornerChen: 7:05am On Jun 17, 2020
Broiler floor equipment with water drinking and feeding line, including climate control and heater.
Capacity from 10,000 birds to 40,000 birds in one house.

If you would like to start with broiler farm, please send me message for best price.
WhatsApp: +8615838398703
Email: vin.chensn@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Bone Meal Dealer (large Quantities) / Benue Yams Available In Large Quantities / My Bird Are Laying Shelless Eggs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.