Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,381 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! (1744 Views)

I Want To Start Hatchery Business / Hatchery Business / Starting A Poultry Parent Stock And Hatchery Business! Ask Me Anything (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by mrlycan: 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
Nairalanders,
I want to start a hatchery business and I need your advice. I am importing the machine and its fully electrical and automatic. As for power,light in my place is super stable at least 23 hours per day if not 24, hours. We hardly have power loss. Please I don't want to run at loss so I need comments and advice.
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by matrixme(m): 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2018
mrlycan:
Nairalanders,
I want to start a hatchery business and I need your advice. I am importing the machine and its fully electrical and automatic. As for power,light in my place is super stable at least 23 hours per day if not 24, hours. We hardly have power loss. Please I don't want to run at loss so I need comments and advice.
Do you have the technical know-how as wellas a ready market? It's not only about the light and having the means to buy equipments. How will you have a steady market flow for 6 full months and are you technically ready and capable enough to handle complexities? Best wishes.
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by Catfishbiod(m): 4:56pm On Apr 14, 2018
Do you know to hatch ?
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by Chinks(m): 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2018
Do you know the nitty-gritty of hatchery business? If you don't, please find a reputable hatchery to learn from them.
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by lady25(f): 9:34pm On Apr 14, 2018
Hope u have a ready made market so u don't sell at a loss to those that want to use ur chicks to feed their catfishes. Also hop u have enough capital to feed the chickens till they begin to lay
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by zopaks: 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2018
mrlycan:
Nairalanders,
Good, but you aren't explicit enough... Are you setting up the hatchery to hatch for customers or you plan to own your own parent stock birds?
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by FMCASH(m): 12:29am On Apr 15, 2018
Create market first or do market survey first, its not easy ooo, not as rossy as you think, thanks.
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by nikaShow(m): 3:25am On Apr 15, 2018
lady25:
Hope u have a ready made market so u don't sell at a loss to those that want to use ur chicks to feed their catfishes. Also hop u have enough capital to feed the chickens till they begin to lay

Please explain, use the chicks to feed their catfishes how ? I am a catfish farmer is why I am interested.
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by lady25(f): 11:23am On Apr 15, 2018
nikaShow:

Please explain, use the chicks to feed their catfishes how ? I am a catfish farmer is why I am interested.
My mom has an hatchery in ibadan. Catfish farmers come to buy day old chicks and they say they feed them to adult catfishes. The reason is what I don't know o
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by mrlycan: 4:56am On Apr 16, 2018
zopaks:

Good, but you aren't explicit enough... Are you setting up the hatchery to hatch for customers or you plan to own your own parent stock birds?

I am not hatching for myself. Just to hatch for people. Get my money and keep hatching. That's what I plan to do. I did a survey in my area and I discovered there is no hatchery in the state let alone the capital. Though initially I thought I should do it myself but I think its stresfull, feeding the chicks and the rest. So if they bring their eggs,I'll hatch for them
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by Prosperousman(m): 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
lady25:

My mom has an hatchery in ibadan. Catfish farmers come to buy day old chicks and they say they feed them to adult catfishes. The reason is what I don't know o
the reason is because the price of white cockerel is generally cheap compared to feed. also some chicks with deformed head, abdomen, and legs are cheap alternative to catfish food.
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by Prosperousman(m): 1:12pm On Apr 20, 2018
mrlycan:
Nairalanders,
Sir, you need to go for hatching training or employ a trained staff to handle the machines.
for you to break even, should be running at least 80% of your machine capacity.
hope you know a mini hatchery consists of a cold room, setting machine, hatching machine, cooling machine and borehole as a water source.
before you start, have a standby generator and do proper marketing to ensure you have steady supply of hatchable eggs.
Re: I Want To Start A Hatchery Business. Please I Need Advice!! by zopaks: 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2018
mrlycan:

I am not hatching for myself. Just to hatch for people. Get my money and keep hatching. That's what I plan to do. I did a survey in my area and I discovered there is no hatchery in the state let alone the capital. Though initially I thought I should do it myself but I think its stresfull, feeding the chicks and the rest. So if they bring their eggs,I'll hatch for them
Since power is not a problem, hope you have a good location where owner's of parent stock farms can easily patronise You. If you have no issues with market then ensure that you employ experienced hands to manage the hatchery operations. Once the Issue of Power supply, market and good management is employed, then you can be assured of good success in That line of business

(1) (Reply)

How To Key Into The Pineapple Cultivation For Profit In Nigeria / Now That The Pandemic Is Gone ,sending Foodstuff To US,UK Canada ,UAE Is Cheaper / What Is The Best Feed Formulation For Catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.