Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members (24941 Views)

Exams May Commence Immediately After Resumpition -ASUU Warns / ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening / Sexual Harassment: You Will Pay Dearly If You Discredit Us, ASUU Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by ochiosa(m): 11:49am On Jun 16, 2020
Do they have the know how to organize online lectures before. Shor God will disappoint you all that are try your best to drag Nigerian youths back.
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by MrBONE2(m): 11:50am On Jun 16, 2020
Legalcriminal:
Issorite.
Some students already forgot they’re students dem no dey read again.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Fragility6: 11:50am On Jun 16, 2020
Roman7:

I dey 300level...........and I've thought about the network n data stuff too but sayin their lecturers shouldn't hold online lectures is a no no.......the people that have d means should do it......those that don't well should wait till when it's safe to go back to school.
Lol..Pple dat don't have should wait? wait for who? hw many FG universities get d means? ASUU dey only speak 4 dier members. Non-member universities can go and try diers but me n u know say both state n FG educational institutions dey suffer from d same inadequacies.

1 Like

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Roman7(m): 11:51am On Jun 16, 2020
olaboy33:

The students are more concerned about leaving home and resuming to campus life than receiving lectures.

lol.....i swear, some are sex starved.

1 Like

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by MrBONE2(m): 11:51am On Jun 16, 2020
Profprom:
Most ASUU members can't organize online lectures so no need to caution them not to.
grin

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Goke7: 11:52am On Jun 16, 2020
ASUU is one of the most backward organisations in Nigeria. elearning has come to stay and its the new normal. even mile 12 market has gone online

1 Like

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Roman7(m): 11:52am On Jun 16, 2020
Fragility6:

Lol..Pple dat don't have should wait? wait for who? hw many FG universities get d means? ASUU dey only speak 4 dier members. Non-member universities can go and try diers but me n u know say both state n FG educational institutions dey suffer from d same inadequacies.

yeah, true.
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by SOJOSEPH(m): 11:52am On Jun 16, 2020
Whereas, national open university are enjoying lectures...

2 Likes

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by StillWiz: 11:52am On Jun 16, 2020
Wait oo..How many students get laptop for the online lectures lol.... yeye people
Even some lecturers no get.....I weep for my country cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Roman7(m): 11:55am On Jun 16, 2020
Fragility6:

some of my lecturers use whatsApp it's less costly but it doesn't carry so many people, they r considering telegram that can take thousands of people......and it's not expensive to run........the lectures mustn't be with Google class or zoom.

1 Like

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by tammie24: 11:56am On Jun 16, 2020
Why
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Roman7(m): 11:56am On Jun 16, 2020
SOJOSEPH:
Whereas, national open university are enjoying lectures...

I tire oh
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Yampotatocarrot(m): 11:56am On Jun 16, 2020
[quote author=BeautifulWoman post=90726669the situation.
Polytechnics should be used as a testing ground for the possibility of virus spread in campuses. [/quote]

Looooooooooooooooooool, I want to believe this is sarcasm.

Na only polytechnics go get up to 1,500 students in, say Mass communication department. Some polytechnics no even know the total number if students wey them get.

E.g, just try to visit Nekede and Nasarawa state polytechnic, Lafia
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by lordswill03: 11:57am On Jun 16, 2020
This unionism everything na struggle for una mind. What about the good side. So what about it's benefit as a vice to control the further spread and manage of Covid-19 spread.

Everybody is just mad in this country. Your reasons no jell Abeg
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by sofiscatedmoron: 11:58am On Jun 16, 2020
Whatsapp lectures is ok
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by SOJOSEPH(m): 12:00pm On Jun 16, 2020
The same set of lecturers will take online lecturer appointments with private and foreign universities; they will write articles for journals on virtual lectures etc

If the traditional lecturers are not ready, the government should the needful and deploy open system and engage modern lecturers
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Fragility6: 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
Roman7:

some of my lecturers use whatsApp it's less costly but it doesn't carry so many people, they r considering telegram that can take thousands of people......and it's not expensive to run........the lectures mustn't be with Google class or zoom.
And how many students have the means to follow lectures frequently. Mk i no tlk abt attendance part coz in my department we ar close to 70+ aside spillover students n i know courses dat spillover students are more dan 50. They are jst trying to do an experiments on students.

1 Like

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Peppermintflav: 12:02pm On Jun 16, 2020
Seersam:
lol, The student in me is remaining 2% wink
grin grin grin
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by urchcoded(m): 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
Truth be told, online education cannot work in Nigeria yet. The face to face teaching has not yielded any positive result. Make e remain online. Shebi Dem go do chemistry practicals online? Nigeria is really a joke honestly, they are just spectators in the fight against covid. No solution whatsoever. Oh they are still yet to test 1 fvcking percent of our population in June. And they are saying when the coast is clear, when will the cost be clear when they don't have any model of estimation. Nigeria is just waiting for a miracle to happen. I really weak for this country. God forbid

2 Likes

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by golddare: 12:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://www.sunnewsonline.com/dont-engage-in-online-lecture-ASUU-warns-members/

Let the Senate do the needful too, its high time we change our learning and teaching modes, this will reduce the pressure on the limited infrastructure in our schools imagine students of 150 in a classroom meant for 50 students. Most times they dont even hear what the lecturer is teaching. This will also help student to focus on other things and liberate them from demi God lecturers.
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by bluefilm: 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
JOACHINpedro:
So they don't even care about the unfortunate students shocked

Of course.

They care only about their pockets.

Nonsense people. lipsrsealed
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Keenysbojan(m): 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2020
dayorich:
How much would you have been paid by now, if your supposed post was not deleted as you claim?

E be like say you nor get sense to use your time more judiciously except on unnecessary infighting without any economic or financial benefits.

Receive sense, in Jesus Name.

your stupidity is out of measurement, should I ignore it when my right has been punctured?

how much have you been paid for saying this rubbish?

you are just too stupid to be human
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by engrjacuzzi: 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2020
Imagine having online lecture on Numerical Analysis or Finite Element
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Geo07: 12:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
BeautifulWoman:
Universities should be closed indefinitely while polytechnics can resume. Polytechnics are not fun environments hence social distancing is observed but universities may not be able to manage the situation.

Polytechnics should be used as a testing ground for the possibility of virus spread in campuses.
Your brain need factory reset
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Olabode971(f): 12:09pm On Jun 16, 2020
Sebi na the person weh FG buy data for; na hin go they do online lectures...

More than 90% of Nigeria Tertiary Students are FREE MODE user.. so; if FG want student to start online classes; Let FG provide/buy Data for us all..

Great Nigeria Students.... #Great!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by omosekejijohn(m): 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
Pls vote for me to win Forbes Competition. 1. Click the link, 2. enter your email and vote 3. Go to your email and confirm. Thanks https://embedded.wishpondpages.com/lp/2549025/entries/189663661
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by sheyitokz(m): 12:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
people like me wey dey wait final yr exams nd i still dey house arrest nko where i wan see moni buy data
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
JOACHINpedro:
So they don't even care about the unfortunate students shocked

Better as the govt that question.

Where is the sense in putting nations under house arrest because of greed?
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Ajibade123(m): 12:31pm On Jun 16, 2020
BeautifulWoman:
Universities should be closed indefinitely while polytechnics can resume. Polytechnics are not fun environments hence social distancing is observed but universities may not be able to manage the situation.

Polytechnics should be used as a testing ground for the possibility of virus spread in campuses.
I don't want to assume you are an illiterate because even an illiterate will have a better comment than this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Of These Sentences Gave You Joy While You Were In Secondary School? / Futminna 2011/2012 Admission Session / Mistakes Students Should Never Make In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.