Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members (24959 Views)

Exams May Commence Immediately After Resumpition -ASUU Warns / ASUU Warns FG About School Reopening / Sexual Harassment: You Will Pay Dearly If You Discredit Us, ASUU Warns Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by arantess: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheSaxophonist:
This ASUU is a gang of useless thieves! It's hard to tell who's worse between them and Nigerian politicians!

Always putting their pockets before Nigerian students. Stupid thieves
dont you think they are right on this one?
where is the infrastructure for that, asides data cost , level of training of the lecturers, light etc
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
Roman7:

lol.....i swear, some are sex starved.

That statement is wrong, the home cannot function as a workplace, school, church and hospital at the same time.

We are social creatures not animals, even animals roam freely.

May God open your eyes to the great evil befallen on us called lockdown.

Small businesses destroyed, livelihood destroyed, persons die out of frustration and lack of medical care, wake up and look around you!

1 Like

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by AyakaDunukofia: 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
I guess their intention is to undermine the law graduates of the National Open University of Nigeria. But for how long? Online and digital mode of teaching is the future of education. All the top universities and colleges around the world have embraced online teaching. Then you start to wonder why a country like Nigeria whose universities rarely makes world ranking, a country whose universities' certificates are looked upon with disdain, and often times are not even recognized outside Nigeria, is making all these noises.
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
All these people don read book up side down tire. Rubbish
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by duro4chang(m): 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Profprom:
Most ASUU members can't organize online lectures so no need to caution them not to.
I agree with you.
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by duro4chang(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
Opexzy:
Online lectures...with which infrastructure? Which model will they adopt... Nigerian government that cannot even provide enough space for physical lectures.... Yeye dey smell.
Forget about the government now let us face the ASSU. Online learning is possible in Nigeria. I have just left a class now.
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by WelcomeToBiafra: 12:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
Thothafx:

He further added that no state university branch of the union should meet with its visitor without the permission of National Strike Coordinator Committee (NSCC) through ASUU president.

Lol... So ASUU now have "STRIKE" committee. grin

Make dem leave strike for ASUU oh cheesy

IPOB has introduced the important of having "Coordinator" to the zoo and the world at large.

IPOB Coordinators must hear this cheesy
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by gudugudumeje: 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2020
Whn has ASUU ever rescued the Univ./Education system but defrauds with ill-acts and ill-philosophies...
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by WelcomeToBiafra: 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
AyakaDunukofia:
I guess their intention is to undermine the law graduates of the National Open University of Nigeria. But for how long? Online and digital mode of teaching is the future of education. All the top universities and colleges around the world have embraced online teaching. Then you start to wonder why a country like Nigeria whose universities rarely makes world ranking, a country whose universities' certificates are looked upon with disdain, and often times are not even recognized outside Nigeria, is making all these noises.

Nigeria contract as a republic ended in 2014, hundred year deadline ended in 2014. Everybody knows that Nigeria is evil.

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Alabaarowolo: 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
Breaking: Conditions necessary before schools ‘ll reopen – FG
As Nigerians await school reopening date, the federal government has asked various institutions of learning to start making plans ahead of time.
Minister of State for Education, Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, who handed down the task on Tuesday in Abuja during 2020 policy meeting on admissions to tertiary institutions in Nigeria by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) said, Nwajiuba said all schools must have hand-washing facilities; body temperature checks and body disinfectants at all entering points including the gates, hostels, classes, offices, etc.
https://www.blueprint.ng/breaking-conditions-necessary-before-schools-ll-reopen-fg/

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Mvena(f): 1:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
Legalcriminal:
Issorite.
Some students already forgot they’re students dem no dey read again.
I can't even remember my matric Number not to talk of my courses
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Enugupikin: 1:37pm On Jun 16, 2020
olaboy33:

The students are more concerned about leaving home and resuming to campus life than receiving lectures.
Even at that..that isn't a bad thing for the students.. university education isn't about lectures alone undecided
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Chizy56(f): 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
[Nne pls wat do u mean by polytechnics is not a fun environmentquote author=BeautifulWoman post=90726669]Universities should be closed indefinitely while polytechnics can resume. Polytechnics are not fun environments hence social distancing is observed but universities may not be able to manage the situation.

Polytechnics should be used as a testing ground for the possibility of virus spread in campuses. [/quote]
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by oyeb15: 1:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
The Fraud in d Universities system is more than that of NNPC. And these set of Cr**ks will be protesting to be paid like Senators.
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by uuzba(m): 2:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
adwem2003:
They are doing online lectures even in developed countries.....They just want to waste people's future.
Oya use your developed sense and teach yourself online. What are you waiting for lecturers for?

Not all that is done overseas can be done here.
One forum, the standard is to TURN OFF ALL CAMERAS Only the teachers camera can be ON.
Yet the teacher was asking a GIRL, to turn her camera ON na?! Let's see.
See what?
E don start again O.
Without proper standards, the whole online forum will break down in a matter of seconds.
Leave ASUU alone. They know exactly what they are doing for your own benefit.

1 Like

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by jaiyefavour: 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
maximunimpact:
FG should scrap ASUU already...
asin fast fast for that matter
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by zoedew: 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
Bunch of retards!
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by TheSparrow: 2:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nooil:

Why should people be 18 and above?

Hello Nooil. Thanks for reaching out and for your concern.

You see, ethically, researchers need to get the consent of people before conducting survey research on them.

In Nigeria, anyone below 18 falls into a protected class of people referred to as minors.

By law, minors cannot consent; their parents or guardians must give consent for them to participate in any survey research.

Since we want to be as ethical as possible while conducting this research, we will have to and must obtain parental consent to conduct survey on anyone below 18. This, at the moment, will complicate things for us, and we lack capacity to do.

Thank you once again.
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by semyman: 2:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
Crime does not pay
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by flexrivers(m): 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheSaxophonist:
This ASUU is a gang of useless thieves! It's hard to tell who's worse between them and Nigerian politicians!

Always putting their pockets before Nigerian students. Stupid thieves
Most people don't even know that apart from fighting for their wages, ASUU's fight is also in the best interest of the students. If ASUU allows the status quo, then fees in federal universities will go up drastically and many Nigerians can't afford that.

1 Like

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by ModestGal(f): 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2020
I fit curse any student wey come online for that rubbish. Even physical lecture was nonsense, not to talk of online
They won't teach properly and ask questions they didn't teach for exam, and be giving students books to photocopy up and down. Minus UI professors sha
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by ModestGal(f): 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2020
BeautifulWoman:
Universities should be closed indefinitely while polytechnics can resume. Polytechnics are not fun environments hence social distancing is observed but universities may not be able to manage the situation.

Polytechnics should be used as a testing ground for the possibility of virus spread in campuses.
I liked your comment not because it makes any senses but because it made mW laugh. You are very funny
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by OscarJaden(m): 3:39pm On Jun 16, 2020
f**k you if you're a lecturer on this forum f**k ASUU chairman too bunch of gorillas
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by dayorich: 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
The best response to a fool is Silence.
Therefore, I won't dignify you with any response.
However, this is a proof that you obviously don't have a life outside Nairaland.com

What a pitiable life!!!

Go get a life, you hear

Keenysbojan:
your stupidity is out of measurement, should I ignore it when my right has been punctured?

how much have you been paid for saying this rubbish?

you are just too stupid to be human
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheSparrow:

Hello Nooil. Thanks for reaching out and for your concern.

Thank you once again.

Okay. I also have concerns about 2-3 questions asked. But I remember two.

The first is about rape in the pre-colonial era. Do you think people would be able to answer objectively? Seeing that not everyone has access to documentaries that might keep rape records at that time.

The second is about rape being an urban or rural thing? How would people know this? Just asking.
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Keenysbojan(m): 4:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
dayorich:
The best response to a fool is Silence.
Therefore, I won't dignify you with any response.
However, this is a proof that you obviously don't have a life outside Nairaland.com

What a pitiable life!!!

Go get a life, you hear

I should say that to you useless thing
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Usmankno: 4:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
Whether we like it or not,online stuffs has come to stay..so it's better for us to prepare how to take gud advantage of it,otherwise we will leave behind.Covid-19 changes the way things use to be nd its vaccine is not yet found.Therefore,we should learn to adapt..we will survive nd get over this.
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Salembaby(f): 4:34pm On Jun 16, 2020
BeautifulWoman:
Universities should be closed indefinitely while polytechnics can resume. Polytechnics are not fun environments hence social distancing is observed but universities may not be able to manage the situation.

Polytechnics should be used as a testing ground for the possibility of virus spread in campuses.
Smh

1 Like

Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by Numero9: 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
AuwalYusuf812:
Call off strike if you didn't won't such.

Are you a student?
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by KennyRohn(m): 5:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
"Lecturing job" is an endangered job.
Re: Don't Engage In Online Lectures - ASUU Warns Members by BlackSpanner: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
engrjacuzzi:
Imagine having online lecture on Numerical Analysis or Finite Element

Imagine having an online lecture on Calculus or Laplace transformation.
With the kind of terrible network we have in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Potter' Wheel Full Summary For 2013/2014 / I'd Fight If Anyone Flogged My Children Like Kwara Students - Islamic Preacher / Dr N. Osadebe: UNN Lecturer Victimizing Final Year Student Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.