Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State (33392 Views)

GB Foods Tomato: Tinubu Inaugurates ‘Africa’s Largest’ Tomato Processing Factory / Muhammadu Sarki Builds Tomato Paste Factory In Katsina / How We Made It Into Tomato Processing Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by Mayng01(m): 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
Are these all the pictures you could show on a 20 billion project? Hmmmm! I smell fraud.

8 Likes

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by bjnice(m): 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
awhybliss:
Have even forget this state exist... No news about this state benin-kebbi on front-pages, I do even know the governor.. is Corona there?
Could this be the most peaceful state In Nigeria?.. no violence report, not criminal report .

Funny enough, Kebbi indigenes are one of the most educated northerners. Ahead of some popular northern state.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
MelesZanawi:

That state supplies foodstuffs to many states in Nigeria. Quiet but there are plenty Agric millionaires there.
I love that... Full barrel no dey make noise.. but it's the empty ones that shout

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
Tamunotonye22:

they could be backwards in terms of development
hmm.. probably
Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
bjnice:

Funny enough, Kebbi indigenes are one of the most educated northerners. Ahead of some popular northern state.
woah... Those guys are composed oo
Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by olugabbie(m): 12:32pm On Jun 20, 2020
awhybliss:
Have even forget this state exist... No news about this state benin-kebbi on front-pages, I do even know the governor.. is Corona there?
Could this be the most peaceful state In Nigeria?.. no violence report, not criminal report .

I guess most of the local rice we eat are from Kebbi state. Birni Kebbi is the capital. Lagos State Government has a farm in Kebbi too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by MelesZanawi: 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2020
Joefat:
I hope this is not about northern... If it's not. That's very commendable..

It is a multinational company. They make Bama Mayonnaise products. GBfoods Africa CEO is Vicenç Bosch.

Not everything is North, look for how to make money from the Agric products everywhere.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by MelesZanawi: 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
Tamunotonye22:

they could be backwards in terms of development

You think they are backwards? I laugh.
Kebbi other African countries come to load rice from with trailers.

If Kebbi stops farming rice for just 3 months, you won't eat rice for the next 6 years. I'm not kidding

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by kzubyar(m): 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Nice

So na this company get Bama

Haaaa! That thing dey sweet for bread ehnnnn
with hot tea
Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by SocialJustice: 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
MelesZanawi:

Sit down there and be making noise. The Secretary of Kebbi state government Committee on food intervention is not up to 25 years old. That boy is an Agric millionaire. He has a rice farm which he started very early. Supplies rice to many parts of Nigeria and because he's educated, he helps other rice farmers sell.

10 years from now, you would still be accusing everyone of stealing while others are turning problems into opportunities and opportunities into millions.
Are you done?

Have you been able to prove that the factory wasn't a front to embezzle?

What's my business if there's a 25 year old being favoured by government? If a goat is favoured by government and given waivers, that goat will become a billionaire in no time.

I also fail to see how pointing out sleaze makes me an under achiever, I'm quite happy with where my life is and I could be way better of than you economically.

You proved nothing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by Danobb: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
I can't see any factory; just a machine in an open space.
postbox:
Multinational culinary product manufacturer GBfoods has commissioned the recently completed tomato processing factory in northwestern Nigeria, the company said Monday. The ₦20 billion plant, located in Kebbi State, was built in partnership with the Central Bank of Nigeria, Kebbi State Government, and the Emirate of Yauri.

“The commissioning of this processing factory is a great milestone for us,” said Vincent Egbe, Country Manager of GBfoods Nigeria, owners of popular brands Gino, Bama, and Jago. “It further demonstrates the company’s commitment towards helping Nigeria achieve its food security ambitions, in this case, of self-sufficiency in tomato concentrate production.”

The Kebbi factory has the largest single tomatoes farm in Nigeria and is the second-largest in the country, as well as the only fully backward integrated plant in the West African region, GBfoods said. It is poised to become the largest fresh tomatoes processing factory in Sub-Saharan Africa when all phases of the project are concluded.

According to the company, investment in the “world-class” factory and adjoining farm includes drip irrigation and fertigation infrastructure, greenhouses, seed planting robots, incubation chambers, and a plethora of agricultural machinery.

The farm is to serve a dual purpose – producing industrial tomatoes in the dry season and soya beans in the raining season. Meanwhile, the tomato factory will convert fresh tomatoes into tomato concentrate used for producing Gino Tomatoes Paste and Tomato Pepper Onion Paste while the soya bean will be used to process soya-bean oil, which is a critical ingredient for the Bama and Jago Mayonnaise.

In terms of impact, the project created over 1,000 jobs including 500 farming jobs, 150 factory jobs, and 150 construction jobs, the company said, also supporting host communities by providing and maintaining 16 boreholes of drinking water, a first for some of the surrounding villages. GBfoods also engaged many smallholder farmers as out-growers, training them on good agricultural practices. It provided them with tomatoes seedlings, agrochemicals, and various equipment such as water pumps and hose pipes, enabling the farmers to access water in the dry season.

The factory is fully backwardly integrated into the company’s farm and dedicated out-growers, GBfoods said. In the coming tomatoes season, the plant will source most of its raw material from over 5,000 smallholder farmers/out-growers who will grow fresh tomatoes on their own farms and from GBfoods’ owned and operated farm. Over the past three years, GBfoods has worked with smallholder out-growers in Kaduna, Katsina, and Kebbi States to boost their incomes by providing seedlings, fertilizers, training, and irrigation pumps, as well as free plastic crates further to reduce post-harvest losses, according to Egbe.

“We will continue to work with the Federal Government towards food security and local production and processing of fresh tomatoes,” Egbe said further at the factory opening. “The company is dedicated to reducing pre and post-harvest losses and also developing the value chain so as to improve revenue streams for tomato farmers.”

The team of extension workers, consultants, and agronomists at GBfoods are ensuring that the Nigerian farmers also benefit from the technology transfer of the company’s best practices and know-how built through over 40 years of successful tomato operations in Italy and Spain, GBfoods Africa CEO Vicenç Bosch said.

Additional land is expected to be cleared and prepared in September for the farming season of October 2021. The expansion will be similarly accompanied by an upgrade in the factory’s capacity, further creating new jobs, the company said. “GBfoods is working with the Federal Government of Nigeria and the CBN to make Nigeria not only a shining example in food security but also to become the food basket of Africa,” adds Egbe.

Bosch commended the Federal Government for encouraging and supporting GBfoods to engage with CBN, Ministries, Departments, and Agencies to ensure the successful completion of the factory. He also expressed his gratitude to the Federal Ministry of Industry Trade and Investments, Federal Ministry of Agriculture & Rural Development, Kebbi State Government, and the Ngaski Local Government Authorities for their tremendous support towards the actualization of the project.

Meanwhile, Egbe thanked the Buhari administration, the Kebbi Governor, His Excellency Governor Atiku Abubakar Bagudu, the CBN Governor, Mr. Godwin Emefiele; and the Emir of Yauri, Dr. Muhammad Zayyanu Abdullahi for working tirelessly to create an enabling investment environment for GBfoods backward integration project in tomatoes.

GBfoods has a wide range of quality well-established brands in Nigeria such as Gino, Bama, and Jago, under which it manufactures a wide range of quality products that make the daily lives of many African families easier. Products under its brands include Gino Tomatoes Mix; Gino Pepper Onion, Gino Thyme; Gino Curry; Gino Chicken and Beef Cubes; Bama Mayonnaise as well as Jago Mayonnaise. The company’s investments aim to satisfy local culinary habits and preferences whilst offering the healthiest and best ingredients for Nigerian cuisine.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2020/06/16/gbfoods-completes-%e2%82%a620billion-tomato-processing-factory-in-kebbi-state/
Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by MelesZanawi: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
SocialJustice:
Are you done?

Have you been able to prove that the factory wasn't a front to embezzle?

What's my business if there's a 25 year old being favoured by government? If a goat is favoured by government and given waivers, that goat will become a billionaire in no time.

I also fail to see how pointing out sleaze makes me an under achiever, I'm quite happy with where my life is and I could be way better of than you economically.

You proved nothing.

You have your own state government. Why didn't they favour you? Or it is a taboo for government to favour you?

If you are indolent, no one would favour you. If you are a nonentity mo without a business, no one would use you as a front.

You are hating on those more successful than you. Stop that habit if you want to be successful. Learn from their mistakes, improve on it and fly. Don't sit in Nairaland and be lamenting.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
In ipob touts voice, Jonathan started it.
Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by emaopel: 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2020
This is kind of news that do glad my heart...not bombing here and there

3 Likes

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by dadabashua1(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
bjnice:

100% true..the Zuru people in particular, the Zuru people also has the highest number of military generals in the country... Its just a quite state with no noise

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by Chamber2000: 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
Amarabae:
20billion ?
is naira that valueless ?
Seriously it got my attention.

20 billion and employing less than 500 workers in an Afro industry.

Money has been launder through it. Bagudu and Cbn

2 Likes

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by bjnice(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2020
awhybliss:
woah... Those guys are composed oo

Yes oh. That is Prof Jega, former INEC boss home state.

6 Likes

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by adecz: 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
Another White Elephant!! undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by Keemsleek005(m): 12:45pm On Jun 20, 2020
MelesZanawi:

Sit down there and be making noise. The Secretary of Kebbi state government Committee on food intervention is not up to 25 years old. That boy is an Agric millionaire. He has a rice farm which he started very early. Supplies rice to many parts of Nigeria and because he's educated, he helps other rice farmers sell.

10 years from now, you would still be accusing everyone of stealing while others are turning problems into opportunities and opportunities into millions.

Beautiful reply and well spread out. Salute

6 Likes

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by SocialJustice: 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
MelesZanawi:

You have your own state government. Why didn't they favour you? Or it is a taboo for government to favour you?

If you are indolent, no one would favour you. If you are a nonentity mo without a business, no one would use you as a front.

You are hating on those more successful than you. Stop that habit if you want to be successful. Learn from their mistakes, improve on it and fly. Don't sit in Nairaland and be lamenting.
Lol, I said they are thieves and you still haven't proved otherwise. I wonder why it pains you so much and you've taken it personally or did your uncle receive contract too to build in the plant?

Continue pretending to be Sherlock Holmes who can tell everything about my character and state of life through a single post.

Whatever you think of me is inconsequential, I know what I am.

Good day, this talk adds no value to me, replying will be a waste of your time as I've moved on to better things.

7 Likes

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by bjnice(m): 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
dadabashua1:
100% true..the Zuru people in particular, the Zuru people also has the highest number of military generals in the country... Its just a quite state with no noise

Yes you are correct, I read about their exploit in Nigeria military some time ago. Very quiet state with a beautiful culture and famous festival in Nigeria, the Argungu fishing festival.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by SocialJustice: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
Chamber2000:

The Bagudu perspective makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by MelesZanawi: 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
Chamber2000:

Chamber2000:
I went to see my girlfriend yesterday for weekend groove and now I want to go home for tomorrow service and I asked her for TRANSPORT money but she refused to give me because it's a guy that gives women transport money and not the other way round.

I will update you guys soon

I wanted to reply you before I saw the post above. You are the architect of your poverty but you think everyone is after you.

You think GB Foods a multinational company which makes Gino, Bama, and Jago, Gino Tomatoes Mix; Gino Pepper Onion, Gino Thyme; Gino Curry; Gino Chicken and Beef Cubes; Bama Mayonnaise as well as Jago Mayonnaise would be used for money laundering.

Guy, stop disgracing yourself in public.

5 Likes

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by Laboni: 12:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
MelesZanawi:

You think they are backwards? I laugh.
Kebbi other African countries come to load rice from with trailers.

If Kebbi stops farming rice for just 3 months, you won't eat rice for the next 6 years. I'm not kidding
Oga stop making noise
Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by MelesZanawi: 12:55pm On Jun 20, 2020
SocialJustice:
Lol, I said they are thieves and you still haven't proved otherwise. I wonder why it pains you so much and you've taken it personally or did your uncle receive contract too to build in the plant?

Continue pretending to be Sherlock Holmes who can tell everything about my character and state of life through a single post.

Whatever you think of me is inconsequential, I know what I am.

Good day, this talk adds no value to me, replying will be a waste of your time as I've moved on to better things.

Guy, just shut up and go rearrange your worthless life. Because you saw it in Kebbi now, you have started shouting. You prefer to sit in your mother's kitchen and be dragging half plate of rice. Even that rice is planted in Kebbi.

As I said, 20 years from now, you would still be blaming the government for your poverty while others have moved on and are achieving greater things.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by MelesZanawi: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2020
Laboni:
Oga stop making noise

I have to say it loud so that it would enter the ears of blockheads like you.

4 Likes

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by maxiuc(m): 12:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
MelesZanawi:

Keep asking stupid questions, mgbeke nurse. You think agricultural products are like the china white uniforms you wear about?

A single John Deere combined harvester costs more than you would ever make in your nursing trade for your lifetime. Google it.
why the insult

I didn't see any offense in the question she asked

Let's learn how to answer questions without taking a swipe at each other

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by ArattaAba(m): 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
MelesZanawi:

Keep asking stupid questions, mgbeke nurse. You think agricultural products are like the china white uniforms you wear about?

A single John Deere combined harvester costs more than you would ever make in your nursing trade for your lifetime. Google it.

your understanding is the mgbeke
she asked a good question
buh thinking you gonna compare
agriculture with medical u must be thinking from your Anus
they spent 20billion and still went into the bush not on the tomatoes farm and took picture.they spent 20billion and shows you a photo worth 100k...bia this mgbeke commot here

3 Likes

Re: GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State by Chirowman(m): 1:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
good development this is the kind of news we need in Nigeria not the useless political War benefiting only few elite class. that want majority of they youths to be useless as thugs and assassins to achieve their ambition of bettering their life and family.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Pet Project: Is It Economically Feasible To Rear Local Chickens Commercially? / Pepper Farming In Nigeria: A Graduate That Sells Pepper (Video) / How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.