Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients (35319 Views)

Lagos Discharges Four More COVID-19 Patients / Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by splendor45: 9:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
wonder233:
WHO, Bill Gates, CNN and 'woke' nairaland psuedo-intellectuals won't like this.

Watch how vehemently a coordinated campaign of vigorous rebuttal would be waged in the coming days discrediting this drug and the study.

My advice still remains: my people, do all you can to stay alive, take your ginger, garlic, honey, dogonyaro, chloroquine, vitamin C, Madagascar tonic, etc...they all work.
Resist anyone who tells you the best option is to just lay down and die like Ambode rather than fight like Obaseki.
i'm awed by the wisdom in your post...This is so encouraging.
#YesToLife..No To The World Order..!

1 Like

Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by venus4cupid: 10:11pm On Jun 16, 2020
Check out the below link asap.....

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-01824-5
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by uchrikk(m): 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
Dexa will never stop shocking us. Originally anti-inflammatory drug, later used by herdsmen to fatten their cows. Later, girls who wanted to add flesh, especially front and back side, rushed it. Now, COVID19 is bowing to it.

Come to think of it, if it can save one out of every five on life support, then it can prevent and stop people from getting to life support in the first place.

Medics over to you. Nobody should do self medication.
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by SirWarlock: 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2020
dapsoneh:
Its not impossible, its an anti-inflammatory agent
and inflammation is one of the complications of covid

1 Like

Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by SirWarlock: 10:37pm On Jun 16, 2020
uchrikk:
Dexa will never stop shocking us. Originally anti-inflammatory drug, later used by herdsmen to fatten their cows. Later, girls who wanted to add flesh, especially front and back side, rushed it. Now, COVID19 is bowing to it.

Come to think of it, if it can save one out of every five on life support, then it can prevent and stop people from getting to life support in the first place.

Medics over to you. Nobody should do self medication.
I believe they've stated it's for those with breathing complications not necessarily other symptoms
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by dapsoneh: 10:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
AnanseK:

I don’t read rubbish. Go to school
dindinrin, half education is worrying you... Ho and read again. Lets qualified doctors talk, not quacks
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by SirWarlock: 10:45pm On Jun 16, 2020
ceejayluv:

WHO cannot counter such detailed and transparent clinical trial.
they think this is Madagascar cheesy
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by Mydazz(m): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Redemsivir,
Lopinavir/ritonavir,
Chloroquine/HydroxyChloroquine,
Convalescent Plasma/Sera
CVO,

In the midst of all these confusion,...... May God Help Us All !
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by Victar(m): 11:14pm On Jun 16, 2020
dapsoneh:
Oga, nobody is asking for lecture. I know a lot about steroid than you can imagine from pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, mech of action, side effects and others on each systems.
There issue here is the basis of its usage in the management of Covid-19 not its immunosuppresive effects. If you want to look at it from that angle, then it wont really be useful cos the covid-19 mortality rates among immunksuppresed like diabetics, HIVpatients, CDK patients is quite high and you must have taken it for a long time for it to have immunosuppresive effect

We’re on the same page. You prolly misunderstood me shaa but it’s all good.
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by dapsoneh: 11:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
Victar:

We’re on the same page. You prolly misunderstood me shaa but it’s all good.
nice one
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by AnanseK(m): 11:37pm On Jun 16, 2020
dapsoneh:
dindinrin, half education is worrying you... Ho and read again. Lets qualified doctors talk, not quacks

Go to school . I would hesitate signing your internship certification if you actually have seen the inside of a medical School .

And your English is terrible.
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by Chuksteric(m): 11:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
favour32:

Nai most lean girls or ladies dey take kpuff for backyard grin
It's totally wrong and can damage body parts in the long run
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by dapsoneh: 11:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
AnanseK:

Go to school . I would hesitate signing your internship certification.
lol, u really are a disgrace to your school if u claimed to be a doc. Infact, u can never be. Even half baked docs are more cerebral than u. Come lets perfuse your brain
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by Moz22: 12:28am On Jun 17, 2020
wonder233:
WHO, Bill Gates, CNN and 'woke' nairaland psuedo-intellectuals won't like this.

Watch how vehemently a coordinated campaign of vigorous rebuttal would be waged in the coming days discrediting this drug and the study.

My advice still remains: my people, do all you can to stay alive, take your ginger, garlic, honey, dogonyaro, chloroquine, vitamin C, Madagascar tonic, etc...they all work.
Resist anyone who tells you the best option is to just lay down and die like Ambode rather than fight like Obaseki.
say no more.. they've already discredited it

1 Like

Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by favour32(m): 12:46am On Jun 17, 2020
Chuksteric:

It's totally wrong and can damage body parts in the long run
Yes na!
We know how most dem wey take am waka.
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by Decive: 2:09am On Jun 17, 2020
Let's get this epidemic over with,for God's sake!
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by TossTos: 2:10am On Jun 17, 2020
Dexamethasone Ke ?
Is it not the pill that some ladies do take to large their butt then . They use another one also "dexacotin " . They generally call it
YODI { but enlarger }
Or
MAWUMAWU

@tosgramm
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by alezzy13: 2:43am On Jun 17, 2020
Moz22:
say no more.. they've already discredited it

Really? Where?
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by alezzy13: 2:45am On Jun 17, 2020
splendor45:
[s]i'm awed by the wisdom in your post...This is so encouraging.
#YesToLife..No To The World Order..![/s]
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by Obidiugwu: 6:14am On Jun 17, 2020
Nice one better days ahead...
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by wonder233: 8:37am On Jun 17, 2020
A nairaland pseudo-intellectual spotted
alezzy13:

And surprisingly, nairaland will allow this kind of poisonous, nonsensical post to stand.
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by sheyitokz(m): 9:02am On Jun 17, 2020
please ooo any solution to this I can't post any article on this forum agn since 3days ago it's been showing server overwhelmed since I posted last and besides I dnt 've a ban
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by cococandy(f): 9:36am On Jun 17, 2020
Like in 30% of the cases.
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by alezzy13: 9:44am On Jun 17, 2020
wonder233:
A nairaland pseudo-intellectual spotted

Keep quiet abeg. A keyboard jobber feels he knows better than renowned experts of years of experience. Nonsense.
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by Ayobami7(m): 10:10am On Jun 17, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by AnanseK(m): 11:33am On Jun 17, 2020
dapsoneh:
why are you sounding like an im becile? Hiding behind keypad to display your folly hun?
If thankfully of doctors, u should never , i mean never show face.. Ode!

Ignored

1 Like

Re: Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients by Seun(m): 12:19pm On Jun 17, 2020
uchrikk:
False. It provided "no benefit" to those who didn't need oxygen, according to the researchers. There is no scientific reason to abuse this drug.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kehinde Kamal: How ‘Dr Kekere’ Removed My Kidney / Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption / Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.