Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief (9492 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / What Is Wrong In Taking Money From Your Hubby's Pocket? / Husband Taking Money From Wife's Purse - What Should She Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by peacettw: 1:30pm On Jan 26, 2011
Just wondering,
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by naijafrend: 2:00pm On Jan 26, 2011
@ Topic

With permission-No
Without permission - Yes
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by peacettw: 2:35pm On Jan 26, 2011
Oh well. I tot that what's his is naturally mine. Taking the money for the family's upkeep is no different from taking out his car for a drive or using his sponge to take my bath, I think
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by Seun(m): 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2011
peacettw:

Oh well. I tot that what's his is naturally mine. Taking the money is really no different from taking out his car for a drive or using his sponge to take my bath
Obviously, no.
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by peacettw: 2:47pm On Jan 26, 2011
Seun:

Obviously, no.
wow! And all these while, i didn't tnk it mattered esp when i'm using this money for the family upkeep. The same money which he tells me he never has.
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by naijafrend: 3:26pm On Jan 26, 2011
peacettw:

wow! And all these while, i didn't tnk it mattered esp when i'm using this money for the family upkeep. The same money which he tells me he never has.
shocked

@ OP

Someone I know used to leave his wallet on the night stand and just pick it up from there in the morning when he used to leave for work. He never checked his wallet since he knew nobody would take money without informing him. On one such day, was stopped on his way to work by the traffic police for violating traffic rules. He was asked to pay some fine and upon checking his wallet, he found it was empty! Obviously someone back home took the money without permission.

In your case it would be nice to tell him you've taken what you wanted after you have taken it so that he doesn't end up in an embarrassing situation like the one stated above.
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by peacettw: 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2011
Lol. Nice one
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On Jan 26, 2011
Would it be right if your husband takes your money without you knowing?
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by ifyalways(f): 8:28pm On Jan 26, 2011
^Ori eja and his using question to answer questions tactis.@Topic its wrong.Assuming asking nicely wont work,when u take be kind enough to inform him before he steps out of the house.I prefer asking nicely or taking it from him using feminine powers.Besides if u keep taking without asking,one day he might be forced to start hiding his wallet. . .that wont be nice at all
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by dayokanu(m): 8:30pm On Jan 26, 2011
^^ Ifyalways,

Just tell it that you are crushing on me badly. I would tell your sister ooo.

Is it wrong to answer question with question?
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by ifyalways(f): 8:57pm On Jan 26, 2011
Ori eja,im crushing badly,happy now?lolz Dayo dayo,carry urself dey go abeg,any better for ur wallet?
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by dayokanu(m): 9:01pm On Jan 26, 2011
For my wallet? Different types and sizes of condom choose which one you want.

Where is my Iyawo?
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by zayhal(f): 9:17pm On Jan 26, 2011
ifyalways:

^Ori eja and his using question to answer questions tactis.@Topic its wrong.Assuming asking nicely wont work,when u take be kind enough to inform him before he steps out of the house.I prefer asking nicely or taking it from him using feminine powers.Besides if u keep taking without asking,one day he might be forced to start hiding his wallet. . .that wont be nice at all

Right on point.

It's wrong to take his money without his permission, except if he's not there and you truly need the money urgently. In that case, ensure you tell him ASAP.
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by peacettw: 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2011
Thanks guys. I will stop doing this cos i really don't want him hiding his money from me. That is a bit degrading. I had succumbed to the temptation when he formed the habit of giving me excuses whenever i ask for money for virtually everything including d upkeep of the kids. Worse, he claims he doesn't ve a penny but comes home wit expensive shirts, shoes, perfumes for himself wit d excuse that they were all gifts. Once saw d receipt of these 'gifts' and it was purchased by him. I really don't want to go into details cos i want this discussion to be light and free of malice. Bottom line, i will go back to asking though i already know what d ans is
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by dayokanu(m): 11:12pm On Jan 26, 2011
What do you do with your own money you make?

Doesnt he contribute to the upkeep of the kids?
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by peacettw: 7:58am On Jan 27, 2011
dayokanu:

What do you do with your own money you make?

Doesnt he contribute to the upkeep of the kids?
My money? Oh yeah, forgot abt dt. I spent them all on a dolce and gabana dress and Jimmy choo shoes. U really tnk i will do all of d above if i had d wherewithall?
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by semid4lyfe(m): 11:39am On Jan 27, 2011
dayokanu:

For my wallet? Different types and sizes of condom choose which one you want.

Ashawo ten ten kobo na im you be, lol.

I can't stop laughing at this reply grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by Maicash: 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2011
Not if you have a spendthrift man who is always hiding money
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by spikedcylinder: 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2011
Lol! Dayo, na you dem dey call ori eja? grin grin grin grin

@ OP
If you won't be offended when he takes money from your wallet, then all is fair.
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by honeric01(m): 1:22pm On Jan 27, 2011
Why do you think he's not giving you money at will? are you the "demand" "demand" type?

Has he been like this since you knew him?
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2011
@topic
Nope cool
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by spikedcylinder: 2:45pm On Jan 27, 2011
Anini in the making. They know themselves. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by jkpretty(f): 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2011
some spouses have rules which they abide by, but this one can never work wit me, if i don't have enough money 4 what i want to get, the next thing i'm looking for is his wallet.
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by armyofone(m): 4:08pm On Jan 27, 2011
why should you be taking from the wallet when you are the manager and controller of the house. please take on my sister, it is good for your health.
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Jan 27, 2011
armyofone:

why should you be taking from the wallet when you are the manager and controller of the house. please take on my sister, it is good for your health.

When I need money too, Then what should I do since you hide money in your bra? Dip my hands into your bra take the money and tap the n11pples small wink wink wink

peacettw:

My money? Oh yeah, forgot abt dt. I spent them all on a dolce and gabana dress and Jimmy choo shoes. U really tnk i will do all of d above if i had d wherewithall?

Then go and look for the wherewithall and stop taking money from his wallet.

He has a brain which I believe is not superior to yours, if he can make money, then you too can make money
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by chic2pimp(m): 6:44pm On Jan 27, 2011
You Dey Steal Money From Him Wallet And You Dey Ask "Does It Make Me A Thief"? grin grin
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by pslm23(f): 7:03pm On Jan 27, 2011
IMO, once married, everything you have is considered "community property" which means "In a community property jurisdiction, most property acquired during the marriage (except for gifts or inheritances) is owned jointly by both spouses and is divided upon death, annulment or divorce".

i know some people will say this law does not apply in Nigeria and my answer is so what? It makes common sense. When you become man and wife, everything including your pocket becomes one. As long as you inform your spouse that "hey honey, i took bla bla amount from your wallet for bla bla bla reason" this is to avoid having him worry that he's mis-placed the money or that he has been robbed by someone
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by MaiSuya(m): 9:42pm On Jan 27, 2011
Taking his money without his permission? If that's not stealing then I sure as h*ll don't know what is! undecided
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by dayokanu(m): 9:50pm On Jan 27, 2011
pslm23:

IMO, once married, everything you have is considered "community property" which means "In a community property jurisdiction, most property acquired during the marriage (except for gifts or inheritances) is owned jointly by both spouses and is divided upon death, annulment or divorce".

i know some people will say this law does not apply in Nigeria and my answer is so what? It makes common sense. When you become man and wife, everything including your pocket becomes one. As long as you inform your spouse that "hey honey, i took bla bla amount from your wallet for bla bla bla reason" this is to avoid having him worry that he's mis-placed the money or that he has been robbed by someone

If it was the man taking money from the wifes purse, WOuld the money still be seen as Joint income?
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by rasputinn(m): 9:37am On Jan 28, 2011
This taking you're talking about,is it the one that comes with the giving?cos taking not preceded with giving is stealing,don't try to garnish it under any community property bullcrap
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by rasputinn(m): 9:40am On Jan 28, 2011
dayokanu:

Would it be right if your husband takes your money without you knowing?

I'm still waiting for ze answer to zis qiestion
Re: Does Taking Money From Your Husband Make You A Thief by pslm23(f): 2:16pm On Jan 28, 2011
rasputinn:

I'm still waiting for ze answer to zis qiestion

There's a saying "different strokes for different folks", so I can only speak for myself. My husband does not ask my permission before taking money out of our account. He tells me what he's using it for but doesn't ask if he should take it and the same applies to me. Do i consider that stealing? NO! I still beliebe
Now if he wasn't a husband but a boyfriend with question mark, I might be inclined to call it stealing!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prenuptial Agreements Vs Gold Diggers: How Effective? / A Touching Story Of True Love And Genuine Forgiveness / Brag About Your Spouse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.