Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,035 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group (846 Views)

Allah Said Muhammad Will Not Forget! / Bandits Kill Imam In Bangi Niger State For Refusing To Break His Fast With Water / Birds Seen Doing Tawaf (Circumambulation) At Deserted Masjid Al Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by IMAliyu(m): 4:07pm On Jun 17, 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/5931123/shekau-allah-said-boko-haram

I feel like this topic should be here as well.

The Abubakar Shekau faction of Boko Haram, Jama’atu Ahlussunnah Lidda’awati Wal Jihad, has invited bandits to join them.The sect made the call in a new video.The faction wooed armed groups terrorising the North West and North Central.

The regions have been under unabated attacks by bandits who kill, rape, injure the people, burn houses and rustle cattle, sheep, etc.The insurgents specifically urged outlaws in Zamfara and Niger States, to partner with Boko Haram.

The footage shows four masked men speaking in English, Hausa, Fulfulde and French, HumAngle reports.

One of them said “brothers in Lake Chad, my brothers in Cameroon, my brothers in Sambisa, my brothers in Niger State, my brothers in Zamfara State…to strive harder for the sake of Allah”.

He said everything being done “is for the cause of Allah, and I encourage you to keep doing it. Strive harder, because Allah instructed us in the Holy Quran to strive harder for His cause.”

“You feel we kill.You feel we destroy. Allah has instructed us to kill everyone that is unbelieving,” the speaker declared.

He added that they were fine “and we hope you are also in a good state of health. We thank God who put us on this path, in this time, to promote His words and institute His law”.

The insurgent said his “second message” was to the people of Nigeria, Cameroon, and the whole world.We call you to join us to institute Sharia globally. When you come, we will accept you according to (Shari’ah) law, and we (will) worship Allah as He commands us.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/06/16/boko-haram-allah-said-we-should-kill-shekaus-faction-invites-bandits-in-nigeria/
Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by IMAliyu(m): 4:25pm On Jun 17, 2020
I wanted get away from the tribal politics over there and discuss this here.
We tend to shy away from this topic.
We know that most Muslims aren't terrorist.

But these terrorist are Muslims and they undeniably believe that what they are doing is Allah's will and what Islam commands, and that they are righteous.

Yes criminals and killers exist everywhere, but one can not deny the fact that only the Muslim world suffers from this specific type of Ideologically motivated terrorism and killings.

So the question is, what are these people seeing in Islam that motivates them to do what they do and how should we go about fixing that to stop them and any new Islam motivated terrorist from ever emerging in the future?

3 Likes

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by tintingz(m): 7:07pm On Jun 17, 2020
IMAliyu:

But these terrorist are Muslims and they undeniably believe that what they are doing is Allah's will and what Islam commands, and that they are righteous.

Yes criminals and killers exist everywhere, but one can not deny the fact that only the Muslim world suffers from this specific type of Ideologically motivated terrorism and killings.

So the question is, what are these people seeing in Islam that motivates them to do what they do and how should we go about fixing that to stop them and any new Islam motivated terrorist from ever emerging in the future?

Sam Harris once argue that, the problem of Islam is the dogma not the people, dogmas influence the people, the Muslim terrorists have justifications for what they do, so terrorism among muslims won't go unless the Religion is totally reformed.

The interesting quote is, "if Islam is extremely good and peaceful then it adherents should be extremely good and peaceful."

And yes, there are religions that are extremely good and peaceful e.g Jainism.

Islam doesn't even come close to Jainism when it comes to peaceful and good religion and do you know the interesting part? Jains don't believe in God or Gods(In common definition).

2 Likes

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by IMAliyu(m): 9:09pm On Jun 17, 2020
tintingz:

Sam Harris once argue that, the problem of Islam is the dogma not the people, dogmas influence the people, the Muslim terrorists have justifications for what they do, so terrorism among muslims won't go unless the Religion is totally reformed.

The interesting quote is, "if Islam is extremely good and peaceful then it adherents should be extremely good and peaceful."

And yes, there are religions that are extremely good and peaceful e.g Jainism.

Islam doesn't even come close to Jainism when it comes to peaceful and good religion and do you know the interesting part? Jains don't believe in God or Gods(In common definition).

The problem is I don't see any form of reformation possible atleast not from where I'm standing or not in our life times.
There are a few Muslim reformist, but they have limited impact.Because to try to reform it would mean to getting a significant number of Muslims to.
1. admitting that there is a problem.
2. admitting the origin of the problem isn't a conspiracy, political, mental health, geographical or economical, but in the ideology
3. question the "perfect" status of the religion (Because why would something perfect need to be reformed or be fixed anyway?)
And this may go down a chain of questions that pierces the very core doctrines of Islam.

And Islam has multiple mechanisms built-in that resists any change or atleast slows it down significantly.
There exists other sets of mechanisms that could make changes possible though, but are understated and underappreciated. (Something I've been looking into)

Or it goes down the Quranist route and discard a lot of Hadith or atleast puts them all under scrutiny.

But the first and important thing is getting people to admit there is indeed a problem, the uniqueness of the problem being correlated with the Islam and examining the origin of the problem.

And the "Islam is a religion of peace" thing is a fallacy or atleast misleading. Every Muslim and everyone who knows Islamic history knows it's not a pacifistic religion

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by tintingz(m): 10:05pm On Jun 17, 2020
IMAliyu:

The problem is I don't see any form of reformation possible atleast not from where I'm standing or not in our life times.
There are a few Muslim reformist, but they have limited impact.Because to try to reform it would mean to getting a significant number of Muslims to.
1. admitting that there is a problem.
2. admitting the origin of the problem isn't a conspiracy, political, mental health, geographical or economical, but in the ideology
3. question the "perfect" status of the religion (Because why would something perfect need to be reformed or be fixed anyway?)
And this may go down a chain of questions that pierces the very core doctrines of Islam.

And Islam has multiple mechanisms built-in that resists any change or atleast slows it down significantly.
There exists other sets of mechanisms that could make changes possible though, but are understated and underappreciated. (Something I've been looking into)

Or it goes down the Quranist route and discard a lot of Hadith or atleast puts them all under scrutiny.

But the first and important thing is getting people to admit there is indeed a problem, the uniqueness of the problem being correlated with the Islam and examining the origin of the problem.

And the "Islam is a religion of peace" thing is a fallacy or atleast misleading. Every Muslim and everyone who knows Islamic history knows it's not a pacifistic religion

I totally agree.

The Muslims should come together and accept there is a problem in the religion(like you said), they should reform and reach a consensus agreement. It may take time, years to apply this reformation but it will reduce terrorism and some barbaric practice in the religion.

I'm not saying the people can't be bad themselves(which can be against common law) but there are some practices some Muslims do that are bad but they won't see it that way because they're following Allah's and Muhammad's command written in a 7th century book.

Islam needs reformation, Christians have done that (although they still have lots to do), Christians have dropped some biblical practice that are barbaric, archaic and they still have more to drop.

I hope we can have a world where everyone including Religions come together to discuss with reasonings, evidence, well-being development and empathy and not stuck to some ancient texts.

4 Likes

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by IMAliyu(m): 11:47pm On Jun 17, 2020
tintingz:

I totally agree.

The Muslims should come together and accept there is a problem in the religion(like you said), they should reform and reach a consensus agreement. It may take time, years to apply this reformation but it will reduce terrorism and some barbaric practice in the religion.

I'm not saying the people can't be bad themselves(which can be against common law) but there are some practices some Muslims do that are bad but they won't see it that way because they're following Allah's and Muhammad's command written in a 7th century book.

Islam needs reformation, Christians have done that (although they still have lots to do), Christians have dropped some biblical practice that are barbaric, archaic and they still have more to drop.

I hope we can have a world where everyone including Religions come together to discuss with reasonings, evidence, well-being development and empathy and not stuck to some ancient texts.
Yeah I know, but I want to hear what the thoughts of the regular Muslims on this thread are.

I've explored too many ideas in my pursuit of truth, reason and knowledge that I'm either a heterodox, heretic or just an agnostic Muslim(doubtful, uncertain, or sceptical regarding any subject of dispute) if such a thing exists, relative to any Orthodox standard at this point.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by tintingz(m): 11:52pm On Jun 17, 2020
IMAliyu:

Yeah I know, but I want to hear what the thoughts of the regular Muslims on this thread are.

I've explored too many ideas in my pursuit of truth, reason and knowledge that I'm either a heterodox, heretic or just an agnostic Muslim(doubtful, uncertain, or sceptical regarding any subject of dispute) if such a thing exists, relative to any Orthodox standard at this point.

Okay brother.

That's a good step of seeking for the truth.

1 Like

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by Xmuslim: 2:48am On Jun 18, 2020
IMAliyu:

Actually Islam want Muslims to implement sharia and to fight for it. I nearly started my own terrorist group (fighting to implement sharia) before I left islam. Yes I went that far in my belief. So, it's not lazy people that are leaving the religion.

I know some Muslims would say that they need a world Islamic leader before going for jihad, but this is their view. There are other views that agree that Muslim can form a group and fight for the implementation of sharia.

2 Likes

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by IMAliyu(m): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
Xmuslim:

Actually Islam want Muslims to implement sharia and to fight for it. I nearly started my own terrorist group (fighting to implement sharia) before I left islam. Yes I went that far in my belief. So, it's not lazy people that are leaving the religion.

I know some Muslims would say that they need a world Islamic leader before going for jihad, but this is their view. There are other views that agree that Muslim can form a group and fight for the implementation of sharia.

That's the expansionist, absolutist and political sides of Islam.
The shaira is God's own law and nothing can be better and by getting the whole world to implement it we would achieve a Utopia and the use of even violence to achieve that goal is allowed. (Something along that line of thinking)
That's why even Western moderate Muslims when asked if they want sharia would answer, yes. Because why should they want anything else when sharia is already perfect and to want anything else is a sin, cause you are misguided to think something else could be better.

When I would read the verses of the Quran that command the killing of non-believers I would have a conflict with myself, on one hand I don't desire to harm anyone and on the other hand this is Allah's unambiguous command and I remember thinking should a religious war break out I need to be willing to kill. Before later doing what the majority of other Muslims do, to build an interpretation around those verses to justify why I wouldn't want to do any of that, like how that was a command for the people in the past, but not for us today.

It took listening to psychology lectures online from people like Jordan Peterson. He talks a lot about dangers of ideologies like communism and fascism and how such ideologies caused perfectly reasonable people to commit and justify atrocities before I started inspecting my own beliefs and looking to see if there is a causal link between the current Islam and extremism. Seems the Salafi breeds the most intolerance, but the whole Muslim world has issues specifically caused by parts of the religion and just like a Communist would argue that true communism has never been tried and the deaths of millions under it's reign was just a fluke, a Muslim would argue that true sharia has never been implemented and the oppression and deaths caused under it is exaggerated or a mis-implementation of the shaira.
At some point one has to look at the real world outcomes when something is implemented and we need to listen to our moral compass, if something feels wrong at some level then it probably is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by Empiree: 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2020
IMAliyu:
https://www.nairaland.com/5931123/shekau-allah-said-boko-haram

I feel like this topic should be here as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2020/06/16/boko-haram-allah-said-we-should-kill-shekaus-faction-invites-bandits-in-nigeria/
just 2 questions I want to ask you.

1. Christians who believe in quick death of Muslim leaders around the world, abeg, is there any difference between them and BH?.

2. Why do you think you are so sure 100% that BH are Muslims and what's your proof?

1 Like

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by IMAliyu(m): 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2020
Empiree:
just 2 questions I want to ask you. Christians who believe in quick death of Muslim leaders around the world, abeg, is there any difference between them and BH?.

Why do you think you are so sure 100% that BH are Muslims?

No, they are no different in that they want someone that doesn't hold their belief to die because of it.

They believe in that there is no god, but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.
They claim to be Muslim and fight in the name of Islam and Allah. I can't read minds to say they are otherwise.
Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by Empiree: 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2020
IMAliyu:

No, they are no different in that they want someone that doesn't hold their belief to die because of it.
Good. And to back my stance, please visit my profile and read Christian Association of Nigerian terror manual. Note that this is a registered and recognised organisation in the country and not just christians but christian authority. But the later is not muslim authority.

They believe in that there is no god, but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.

They claim to be Muslim and fight in the name of Islam and Allah. I can't read minds to say they are otherwise.
As for this, then you are very wrong sir to conclude they are muslims...they are not.

Do you have any idea the number of christian trained arabic speakers?. If you think this is a conspiracy, just give me time to dig up videos of christian fluently read Quran. Also, are you aware of recent hullabaloo going on in yorubaland right now, where a traditional worshiper, a woman, fully dressed like muslim woman while advertising her traditional beliefs contrary to Islam?. But if you see her outside you have would have greeted her "salaam alaikum" and she would sufficiently replied you accordingly. Is such still a muslim to you?.

Please visit facebook and look for this woman in the attached pictures. She was caught some days ago and her fellow traditionalists have now condenmed her. She hides under hijab to perpetrate beliefs contrary to islam. So brother, please be very careful before you call muslims terrorists.

Also an audio surfaced few days ago of a christian man speaking arabic and reciting Quran to confused muslims in Ibadan and nigeria altogether, that "Quran actually affirmed Jesus is God". He is a yoruba man. He preached this nonsense to confused nominal muslims. Also during a debate btw a muslim and christian at RCCG, christian apologist fluently read the Quran during his counterargument. So are these people also muslims just because they can read and speak arabic?. Please answer this.

Finally, BH is organisation created by God knows who but there is no muslim authority in nigeria in support of them and there is no muslim authority in nigeria that funds the group. But CAN or christian association of nigeria is a registered terrorist group calling for death and destruction of muslims in the country and also funded nationally and internationally.

Please visit my profile and read their evil manifesto. Thank you

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by AgentNairaland(f): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
CAN Is Now Terrorist Group This Is Wonderful grin CAN Must Shout allahu akbar, Fight For Islam And Defend allah Since They're Now Terrorist Group grin Some People Are Just Too Funny On This Forum

2 Likes

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by Empiree: 4:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
AgentNairaland:
CAN Is Now Terrorist Group This Is Wonderful grin CAN Must Shout allahu akbar, Fight For Islam And Defend allah Since They're Now Terrorist Group grin Some People Are Just Too Funny On This Forum
so shouting "Allah Akbar" makes one a terrorist, right?. This is stereotype.

Op, see what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by AgentNairaland(f): 4:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
Empiree:

Op, see what I'm saying.

As BH, ISWAP are shouting HALLELUYA, so therefore CAN must shout allahu akbar..

2 Likes

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by tribalistdcriti: 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
AgentNairaland:

As BH, ISWAP are shouting HALLELUYA, so therefore CAN must shout allahu akbar..
don't mind the idiot he's a dumbo and slowpoke with crass mentality

1 Like

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by tribalistdcriti: 1:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
Empiree:

Op, see what I'm saying.
you are just an Islamic idiot with no common sense

1 Like

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by tribalistdcriti: 1:28pm On Mar 29, 2022
Empiree:
Good. And to back my stance, please visit my profile and read Christian Association of Nigerian terror manual. Note that this is a registered and recognised organisation in the country and not just christians but christian authority. But the later is not muslim authority.

As for this, then you are very wrong sir to conclude they are muslims...they are not.

Do you have any idea the number of christian trained arabic speakers?. If you think this is a conspiracy, just give me time to dig up videos of christian fluently read Quran. Also, are you aware of recent hullabaloo going on in yorubaland right now, where a traditional worshiper, a woman, fully dressed like muslim woman while advertising her traditional beliefs contrary to Islam?. But if you see her outside you have would have greeted her "salaam alaikum" and she would sufficiently replied you accordingly. Is such still a muslim to you?.

Please visit facebook and look for this woman in the attached pictures. She was caught some days ago and her fellow traditionalists have now condenmed her. She hides under hijab to perpetrate beliefs contrary to islam. So brother, please be very careful before you call muslims terrorists.

Also an audio surfaced few days ago of a christian man speaking arabic and reciting Quran to confused muslims in Ibadan and nigeria altogether, that "Quran actually affirmed Jesus is God". He is a yoruba man. He preached this nonsense to confused nominal muslims. Also during a debate btw a muslim and christian at RCCG, christian apologist fluently read the Quran during his counterargument. So are these people also muslims just because they can read and speak arabic?. Please answer this.

Finally, BH is organisation created by God knows who but there is no muslim authority in nigeria in support of them and there is no muslim authority in nigeria that funds the group. But CAN or christian association of nigeria is a registered terrorist group calling for death and destruction of muslims in the country and also funded nationally and internationally.

Please visit my profile and read their evil manifesto. Thank you
you called CAN a terrorist organization, bring proof, you don't have, to be honest I don't think you Muslims really hate terrorism. You guys are only annoyed that Christians don't join you in your extreme foolishness, you guys don't hate it you.want it to look like an eye for an eye.
Tell us one suicide bombing CAN sponsored and I will tell you thousands terrorists have done all in the name of Islamic expansion.

1 Like

Re: Shekau: Allah Said Boko Haram Should Kill. Invites Bandits To Join Group by AgentNairaland(f): 9:45am On Apr 10, 2022
tribalistdcriti:
don't mind the idiot he's a dumbo and slowpoke with crass mentality

Exactly

(1) (Reply)

Hajj While Indebted / Happy Ramadan To All Nairalanders / What Does Being A Muslim Entail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.