Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport (50282 Views)

BRT Bus And Chicken Republic Trailer In Massive Collision / Police Officer Dies In Accident In Kogi After Collision With A Car (Graphic Pic) / All Passengers Came Out Of This Bus Alive After Collision With Trailer. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2020
The presidency shocked grin
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by maximunimpact(m): 10:48am On Jun 18, 2020
internationalman:
I know it's probably a stupid question, but still I'd like to ask.

Why don't planes collide in the air.

Is it that only one plane flies at a point in time?

Air traffic control room has the smartest people and tech in the world

1 Like

Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by Austin1805(m): 10:49am On Jun 18, 2020
gambia:
I wish them quick recovery.
Quick recovery bawo, did you even read the post?
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by Austin1805(m): 10:50am On Jun 18, 2020
gambia:
I wish them quick recovery.
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:52am On Jun 18, 2020
Thank God, they were just taxing instead of actual take off
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by babzo(m): 10:52am On Jun 18, 2020
internationalman:

No question is stupid sir.

There have been many near collisions in the air and several actual collisions including one in 1960 that killed 134 in New York. But when you factor in the number of planes that fly everyday; every year- the probability is very very very low due to onboard systems , pilot training , the vastness of the sky compared to a plane size and God's Grace.

1 Like

Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by skywalker240(m): 10:59am On Jun 18, 2020
[quote author=Lazyreporta post=90788456][/quote] grin grin
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by internationalman(m): 11:01am On Jun 18, 2020
babzo:

No question is stupid sir.

There have been many near collisions in the air and several actual collisions including one in 1960 that killed 134 in New York. But when you factor in the number of planes that fly everyday; every year- the probability is very very very low due to onboard systems , pilot training , the vastness of the sky compared to a plane size and God's Grace.
Thanks for this
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by gambia(m): 11:02am On Jun 18, 2020
Austin1805:
Quick recovery bawo, did you even read the post?

Alaye mi, comment has been edited. grin
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 18, 2020
grin grin
gambia:

Baba, person must injure nah, you dey mind them.
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by AbdulHakeem44(m): 11:06am On Jun 18, 2020
internationalman:

That is the job of Air Traffic Controller, so that plane do not collide in air. If there were no atc, accidents would be happening everyday.

1 Like

Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by mechanics(m): 11:20am On Jun 18, 2020
Vyzz:
I am shocked

So planes have finally learnt how to do accident...

In this 2020... Na im b say we Don die finish
hahahaha, funny you, are they not automobiles?
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by mechanics(m): 11:21am On Jun 18, 2020
The pilot should be very careful.
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by blessedchild234(m): 11:22am On Jun 18, 2020
Could these be caused from the control tower, these is very rare.
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by everydayisaplus(f): 11:23am On Jun 18, 2020
tonye33:
The first picture looks like when goats are mating...

That moment when the male tries to give the female head

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by Fajoe2020: 11:30am On Jun 18, 2020
And the second picture? cool cool cool

tonye33:

Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by pstar234(m): 11:36am On Jun 18, 2020
biggy26:

Over experience dey worry you. But this your mind na wa o.... loool!
By the way, where can I buy a good goat?
North
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by Nigerianboi1960(m): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2020
internationalman:

That is what air traffic control is for. There's hardly any plane that takes off without permission.
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by dangoteinlaw: 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
Shoodboi:

That's why airports have Air Traffic Control (ATC).

They are people trained to monitor airplanes on the ground and in the air. They speak with pilots (through radio) before and during flights, to prevent a collision.

(ATC are often based inside those tall towers in airports.)

Airplanes also have collision avoidance equipment showing them every other airplane in the vicinity. The equipment will usually warn them if they are on a collision course with another airplane.

Even at that, collisions still happen, but they are very rare because:

(i) There are more cars than airplanes.
(ii) The air is a three-dimensional space.

It has length, breadth, and height compared to roads which only have length and breadth. That makes roads two dimensional.

This basically means two airplanes can be on the same "lane" but with one flying over the other, which makes collision rarer.
you could have summarized all your write up with a simple “each airplane has its own fight path “
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by VIPERVENOM(m): 12:31pm On Jun 18, 2020
internationalman:

The air traffic controllers in the control towers control the planes' altitude. And every plane has a traffic collision avoidance system built in them so if two planes flying at the same altitude are close to each other it tells one to ascend and the other to descend.
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by FIXED9583: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
see below
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2020
Nothing wey ALHAJI never see for Vanessa toto
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by hardbody: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
internationalman:

And you are an international man
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by DelphiOracle(m): 12:58pm On Jun 18, 2020
tonye33:

I shake my head
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by Greenvaiper: 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
tonye33:

And the 1st thing that came to your mind concerning the image was a description of sex . This generation is gone....
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by COMPAQ(m): 2:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
If na Nigeria, by now Nairaland would be full of insults for Buhari.
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by Uzeee: 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
You re looking for quality Turkey wears, shoes, bags and accessories. Search no more. Zyps collections got exquisite designs for you. Follow the link to join my WhatsApp group. You will love what you see

Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///GZpejSZVkut7yxEo7vLrSG
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by kuuljay(m): 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2020
Imagined if this happened in Nigeria
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by 900warriorz: 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2020
tonye33:

Chai...your memory card yaff corrupt fa cheesy grin
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by sirkonline(m): 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2020
internationalman:

At a giving time daily, between 8000-20000 planes fly in the sky. That's why we have tower control to monitor, and each planes has a signal if any planes is around them. Ofcourse there is stories about planes almost colliding in the sky
Given upto 20k daily in the sky, its very rare for plane to crash, as a matter of fact, you have a better chance of winning 100millions dollars in your in the 10 years than waiting for a plane to crash each other in the next 10 years.
Re: Planes Wedged Together After Collision At Aberdeen Airport by Bahamas95(m): 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2020
tonye33:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Collides With ‘God Is Good Motors’ Bus At Auchi Junction / Accident At Atakpo Delta, 14 Dead - Graphic Photos / A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.