Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,875 members, 7,813,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today (18700 Views)

Jubilation In Edo Over Shaibu’s Planned Defection From PDP / FFK On Obaseki: 'One Of The Most Important Virtues In Life Is Loyalty' / APC Numerical Strength Halts Dogara’s Planned Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 18, 2020
The People’s Democratic Party’s leadership has decided to meet on Thursday (today) to decide on the fate of Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki, who is seeking its ticket to re-contest.
Sources in the main opposition party said last night that the meeting will consider the reports from the various leaders of the party that the governor has met with in the last five days.

Obaseki met with Governors Nyesom Wike (Rivers) and Udom Emmanuel (Akwa Ibom) at the weekend before announcing his resignation from the All Progressives Congress (APC) which disqualified him from participating in its primary.

His deputy Phillip Shaibu also resigned and lowered the APC flag in the Government House in Benin.
Obaseki has also reached out to PDP National Chairman Uche Secondus and Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal, the PDP governors’ forum chair.

How the party will give him the ticket after the completion of the process leading to the primary without a backlash will be the main issue for discussion, it was learnt.
http://www.politico.ng/pdp-leadership-to-decide-on-obaseki-today/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by lopjohnny(m): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2020
I just want them to thoroughly think it through. Bearing it in mind that the same certificate issue that accounted for his doom in APC can be revisited peradventure he wins the election in the umbrella party.

APC still has his record, they are waiting for the right time to unveil it.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Jman06(m): 7:21am On Jun 18, 2020
They should give him the damn ticket already!

I'm very convinced that Obaseki will win Edo election overwhelmingly under the PDP.

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by BrandAlliances: 7:27am On Jun 18, 2020
You’re energy. At each moment, you mold and shape this energy by you conscousness. You do so with every thought, every intention, every action.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Slawormir: 7:27am On Jun 18, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

I can bet my balls on the fact that They will give him the ticket
But allowing Phillip shaibu to be his running mate is what i can't bet my balls on but they should allow him because he is politically rugged

cardoctor:

Keep betting with ur balls. Very soon u will have none left.
Na true you talk o. Because politics matter he get as he be
Anyway make i bet one of the balls. Incase if i lose one. I can still impregnate a woman with the other one
According to one of my friend way be nurse. She say person fit impregnate a woman with only one ball anyday anytime twice on Thursday

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by lirusehn(m): 7:27am On Jun 18, 2020
Obaseki may end up losing both parties.
9 more days to go.

17 Likes

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by IceLip: 7:27am On Jun 18, 2020
........Obaseki's certificate issue is very minor. Nothing serious.

All he need is his SSCE certificate or attestation (if d certificate is lost) and a sworn affidavit.

1 Share

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by ajimotoke(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2020
Meeting? That you should welcome him or reject him, which I'm 100%sure that he's highly welcome to PDP. confused Party grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by pastorcyrus(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2020
lopjohnny:
I just want them to thoroughly think it through. Bearing it in mind that the same certificate issue that accounted for his doom in APC can be revisited peradventure he wins the election in the umbrella party.

APC still has his record, they are waiting for the right time to unveil it.
Bro that APC trap will catch an empty wind,he only needs to present his waec certificate without even bringing those controversial ones.electoral act only mandated SSCE for one to be qualified to contest governorship election in naija,moreover he only needed affidavit to consolidate his Nysc discharge certificate which is bearing OBASEK",I was omitted mistakenly. Watch how Obaseki will win that election if given PDP, s ticket. They tried federal might against wike in 2019 but met their match in all level and PDP destroyed them in rivers state in that election. Just take wike,s advice and watch how oshomole will be disgraced in that September election

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Obakashdee(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2020
Egungun be careful na express you dey go
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by davibid: 7:28am On Jun 18, 2020
R
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by divinehand2003(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2020
HMmm

I hope they take the right decision.
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Hotzone(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2020
He is a member already
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Emmasnoop(m): 7:28am On Jun 18, 2020
Ok i done hear any thing more?
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by PIMPAR: 7:28am On Jun 18, 2020
Here marks the end of PDP in Edo state, immediately the party ticket is handed to Obaseki. Those existing aspirants will definitely bury PDP. You can take that to the bank
The same Obaseki that said he was fighting godfatherism in Edo few weeks ago. He has gone to lobby Atiku, He has gone to lick Wike boot. He was seen bowing for Tambuwal and Udom few days ago.
When you have IPOB as your supporters, you are bound to be confused

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by AroleOduduwa2: 7:29am On Jun 18, 2020
I don’t know what record zombies are claiming APC has. Zombie should give it a rest already and stop wailing from post to post.

Obaseki only has one term left so any party that fields him have the best chance going into the next election, while whoever apc field have 2 terms.

7 Likes

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by MANDIPUTIN: 7:29am On Jun 18, 2020
For every ₦100 Nigeria earned between January and March 2020, ₦99 was used to service our debts!

2 Likes

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Unrated900(m): 7:29am On Jun 18, 2020
Criminals
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by dejonathan(f): 7:29am On Jun 18, 2020
All the best for Edo people...
All politicians are the same
Nothing u fit use convince me that they're not
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by chinavs9ja(m): 7:29am On Jun 18, 2020
Same set of people ruling us in this country...Do not be deceived by any party be it APC or PDP. If you vote because of a party, you will be shocked to see the evil fellow from another party joining the one you voted for. Instead vote for the personality of the individual contesting not because of his or her party.

Check my signature if you need a professional website designer...Good morning to all loyal and faithful Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by sageer1706(m): 7:30am On Jun 18, 2020
PDP given obaseki ticket will only spell doom for the party (massive defection from PDP) how can you give ticket to obaseki and shuaibu.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text / Loot Recovery Diezani And FG In Secret Talks / Jibrin: Kwankwaso Can’t Be Peter Obi's Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.