Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today (18720 Views)

Jubilation In Edo Over Shaibu’s Planned Defection From PDP / FFK On Obaseki: 'One Of The Most Important Virtues In Life Is Loyalty' / APC Numerical Strength Halts Dogara’s Planned Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:30am On Jun 18, 2020
Pdp will win Edo. Meanwhile sub your dstv and gotv and contact us for any issues.
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by MrBONE2(m): 7:30am On Jun 18, 2020
grin
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Roon9(m): 7:31am On Jun 18, 2020
Shameless lots
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Globad(f): 7:32am On Jun 18, 2020
This life. Many things are easy to say but are actually difficult to do
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by profmicky: 7:32am On Jun 18, 2020
Dreamer
Jman06:
They should give him the damn ticket already!

I'm very convinced that Obaseki will win Edo election overwhelmingly under the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Chikpat(m): 7:33am On Jun 18, 2020
Obaseki will win the election.
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by amosrich(m): 7:33am On Jun 18, 2020
Politics....
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by dcraeman(m): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2020
Edo ppl let us vote PDP, come September 22. Obaseki or not...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Globad(f): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2020
lopjohnny:
I just want them to thoroughly think it through. Bearing it in mind that the same certificate issue that accounted for his doom in APC can be revisited peradventure he wins the election in the umbrella party.

APC still has his record, they are waiting for the right time to unveil it.

You're right
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by profmicky: 7:34am On Jun 18, 2020
You won't sell, hunger looming for you
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Pdp will win Edo. Meanwhile sub your dstv and gotv and contact us for any issues.
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by segebase(m): 7:34am On Jun 18, 2020
he should have gone to new party
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by salbis(m): 7:36am On Jun 18, 2020
Very shameless and self centered people, all they know is jumping from one political party to another with no regard to the people they govern.
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by profmicky: 7:36am On Jun 18, 2020
If PDP gives ticket to Obaseki and his Deputy Shaibu then PDP is nothing but a mushroom party like YPP &co.
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by cardoctor(m): 7:37am On Jun 18, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

I can bet my balls on the fact that They will give him the ticket
But allowing Phillip shaibu to be his running mate is what i can't bet my balls on but they should allow him because he is politically rugged

Keep betting with ur balls. Very soon u will have none left.

1 Like

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by juman(m): 7:38am On Jun 18, 2020
The local politicians will find it difficult to trust him.
The governor left apc simply because he could not manage the party well.
PDP is similar to apc in the way they operate their party.
I cant see him manage any party well.

I voted in oyo state in 2003 election, I remember how the AD local politicians in the town I voted were not committed to lam adeshina, they believed he didnt remember them for four years.

2 Likes

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by PIMPAR: 7:40am On Jun 18, 2020
segebase:
he should have gone to new party
He has no electoral value. That's why he's afraid to move to new party

1 Like

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by mizz2posh: 7:41am On Jun 18, 2020
PIMPAR:
Here marks the end of PDP in Edo state, immediately the party ticket is handed to Obaseki. Those existing aspirants will definitely bury PDP. You can take that to the bank
The same Obaseki that said he was fighting godfatherism in Edo few weeks ago. He has gone to lobby Atiku, He has gone to lick Wike boot. He was seen bowing for Tambuwal and Udom few days ago.
When you have IPOB as your supporters, you are bound to be confused

Who will end PDP in Edo? You people still don't understand that Edo is not Lagos?
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Urchman200: 7:42am On Jun 18, 2020
lopjohnny:
I just want them to thoroughly think it through. Bearing it in mind that the same certificate issue that accounted for his doom in APC can be revisited peradventure he wins the election in the umbrella party.

pdp will present his school cert which is enough to contest for any political position except the law making body.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Pauladex(m): 7:42am On Jun 18, 2020
Forces against Obaseki is too tough for him to win. Keyboard vote cannot safe the man.
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by 77up(m): 7:44am On Jun 18, 2020
lopjohnny:

Not everyone will think it this way, I hope PDP won't fall in this pit sad
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Kings2244: 7:45am On Jun 18, 2020
lopjohnny:

What are you saying, his waec result is not in contention so using it is the best option for him
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by PIMPAR: 7:46am On Jun 18, 2020
mizz2posh:

Who will end PDP in Edo? You people still don't understand that Edo is not Lagos?
Saraki said similar

5 Likes

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Jman06(m): 7:51am On Jun 18, 2020
profmicky:
Dreamer
APC had no base in Edo state aside Obaseki's government! He was the pillar holding the party in the state before now. Oshiomole failed to take that into cognizance before he selfishly decided to disqualify him.

Are you aware that PDP has 2 out of 3 senatorial seats and 6 out the house of reps seats in Edo state?? What does that tell you? Even all the 'iyes' and 'babas' that I know on the streets of Benin city are PDP supporters!

Last guber election in the state was rigged in favor of APC. People were intimidated and brutalized for voting PDP at different polling units while many were chased away and prevented from voting.

All Obaseki needs to do is to join forces with those PDP bigwigs and put kabaka and his boys in checks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by adenigga(m): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2020
lopjohnny:

You are on point!

Sound brain, respect!!!

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Ruggedniggaone: 7:54am On Jun 18, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

I can bet my balls on the fact that They will give him the ticket
But allowing Phillip shaibu to be his running mate is what i can't bet my balls on but they should allow him because he is politically rugged

Na true you talk o. Because politics matter he get as he be
Anyway make i bet one of the balls. Incase if i lose one. I can still impregnate a woman with the other one
According to one of my friend way be nurse. She say person fit impregnate a woman with only one ball anyday anytime twice on Thursday
bro stop mixing Arizona with sk it's very dangerous

1 Like

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Cantonese: 7:56am On Jun 18, 2020
Expect Obaseki's defection to the PDP either today or tomorrow.

People have not taken their time to understand the game of politics played between PDP and APC. For me PDP is more technically sound than APC. The state chairman of PDP has already alerted us that the governor will join PDP.

PDP definitely would have long ago weighed their chances with Obaseki. If it would not work they would not have delayed with him.

With Shuaibu's resignation statement it is abundantly clear that he there is an agreement in place for him not to run as deputy gov under PDP but he'll support Obaseki/PDP to damage APC. That has been part of the delay.

Now Ize Iyamu enterred a one chance bus with APC. The recognised faction of APC in the state is controlled by Obaseki. Iyamu did not get his registration done under them. By tomorrow, friday, if he cannot prove his APC membership to the court, it will be all over for him. The national APC will be forced to take instructions from Obaseki's faction in Edo state, making them accept indirect primary. The party will be weakened so that Obaseki can win on his new platform. Anyway the game is played, Oshiomole's errors have put APC into trouble in Edo state just like other states.

Obaseki would have concluded agreements with other PDP contestants by now and the party will announce any moment.

Those who called Obaseki a political liability should learn lessons in political arithmetics and tactics.

3 Likes

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by adenigga(m): 7:56am On Jun 18, 2020
Kings2244:
What are you saying, his waec result is not in contention so using it is the best option for him

That is tantamount to "thinking it through" that the guy pointed out.

You're on the same page!

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Morohunmubo(m): 7:59am On Jun 18, 2020
This is party after party, Godfathers after Godfathers. I don't know where all these polithieficians dey keep their senses, if dey even get at all. cheesy
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by jrusky(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2020
lopjohnny:

Which record are you people talking about?

Pls did University of Ibadan deny he was never a student nor graduated in the Uni neither did NYSC

If his name were spelt wrongly by UI or the NYSC then the case is lightweught its quiet different from the Bayelsa apc thief who bears different names all the way from his primary school and his senior education and even has no proof he actually attended in the first place.

So let apc stop wailling. Apc know pdp will flog them in Edo if Obaseki contest undef the party now they want to use the baseless certificate case to intimidate him and the Edos who are supporting him.

How I wish Edolite can disgrace Oshio with his godfatherism greediness I would have be so happy.
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by ORIENTATION101: 8:03am On Jun 18, 2020
Jman06:
APC had no base in Edo state aside Obaseki's government! He was the pillar holding the party in the state before now. Oshiomole failed to take that into cognizance before he selfishly decided to disqualify him.

Are you aware that PDP has 2 out of 3 senatorial seats and 6 out the house of reps seats in Edo state?? What does that tell you? Even all the 'iyes' and 'babas' that I know on the streets of Benin city are PDP supporters!

Last guber election in the state was rigged in favor of APC. People were intimidated and brutalized for voting PDP at different polling units while many were chased away and prevented from voting.

All Obaseki needs to do is to join forces with those PDP bigwigs and put kabaka and his boys in checks.
politics is local, PDP have been winning presidential elections in Edo since 1999 with house of reps and senators but they dont have single lawmakers in Edo Assembly.

APC cleared the whole 24 seats in Edo Assembly meaning Edo vote APC in local , PDP in National because of their horrible experience in the hands of PDP during their locust years as Governor of the state

3 Likes

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by seanfer(m): 8:07am On Jun 18, 2020
pastorcyrus:

Bro that APC trap will catch an empty wind,he only needs to present his waec certificate without even bringing those controversial ones.electoral act only mandated SSCE for one to be qualified to contest governorship election in naija,moreover he only needed affidavit to consolidate his Nysc discharge certificate which is bearing OBASEK",I was omitted mistakenly. Watch how Obaseki will win that election if given PDP, s ticket. They tried federal might against wike in 2019 but met their match in all level and PDP destroyed them in rivers state in that election. Just take wike,s advice and watch how oshomole will be disgraced in that September election

Did Obaseki have the Original SSCE certificate?
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by ThatFairGuy: 8:10am On Jun 18, 2020
EITHER WAY IT IS, it's a Lost battle. He had a coma already cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Declaration Speech - Full Text / Abdullahi Abubakar And Khadija Harazimi Wed (Photos) / Benue Killings: If FG Can’t Protect Us, We Will Raise An Army - Unongo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.