Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,110 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today (18719 Views)

Jubilation In Edo Over Shaibu’s Planned Defection From PDP / FFK On Obaseki: 'One Of The Most Important Virtues In Life Is Loyalty' / APC Numerical Strength Halts Dogara’s Planned Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Jman06(m): 8:16am On Jun 18, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
politics is local, PDP have been winning presidential elections in Edo since 1999 with house of reps and senators but they dont have single lawmakers in Edo Assembly.

APC cleared the whole 24 seats in Edo Assembly meaning Edo vote APC in local , PDP in National because of their horrible experience in the hands of PDP during their locust years as Governor of the state
And you think the 24 seats were won in a free and fair contest?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 18, 2020
It takes a fool like those that have commented before me to support Naija average politicians. Because an average naija politician in this country is greedy.....obaseki and Oshimole are fighting for their personal pockets and ambition. Nothing concerns me, I'm just following their story for history purposes. None of their political games move me. Because they are birds of the same feather who.folks together to siphon naija money.
So, anybody that wins, I wish him well in his embezzlement spree...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by bluecircle470: 8:21am On Jun 18, 2020
pastorcyrus:

Bro that APC trap will catch an empty wind,he only needs to present his waec certificate without even bringing those controversial ones.electoral act only mandated SSCE for one to be qualified to contest governorship election in naija,moreover he only needed affidavit to consolidate his Nysc discharge certificate which is bearing OBASEK",I was omitted mistakenly. Watch how Obaseki will win that election if given PDP, s ticket. They tried federal might against wike in 2019 but met their match in all level and PDP destroyed them in rivers state in that election. Just take wike,s advice and watch how oshomole will be disgraced in that September election

Sharap and go study the report. SSCE ko PHCN ni... Obaseki is a goner already and if PDP gives him the ticket then they may end up as the third after the coming election in Benin because other aspirants will work against him

2 Likes

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by bluecircle470: 8:22am On Jun 18, 2020
Jman06:
They should give him the damn ticket already!

I'm very convinced that Obaseki will win Edo election overwhelmingly under the PDP.

Ipob as usual. Nah for Nairaland una dey always vote and win elections.

1 Like

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Cantonese: 8:23am On Jun 18, 2020
PIMPAR:
Here marks the end of PDP in Edo state, immediately the party ticket is handed to Obaseki. Those existing aspirants will definitely bury PDP. You can take that to the bank
The same Obaseki that said he was fighting godfatherism in Edo few weeks ago. He has gone to lobby Atiku, He has gone to lick Wike boot. He was seen bowing for Tambuwal and Udom few days ago.
When you have IPOB as your supporters, you are bound to be confused

If your comment is a bank cheque it will definitely bounce bro.

As it stands, all contestants will weigh their chances. They make agreements and decisions are taken. If unfavourable, they'll decamp and either make the parties stronger or weaker.

Oshiomole accepted Ize Iyamu because he believed that Iyamu would make APC stronger. The same goes for all the contestants. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Obaseki did not run to Atiku or anyone to beg. Do not make a mistake. Alignments and realignments are allowed and very necessary in politics. All politicians across all parties talk issues among themselves. They see and know what happens. They also have anticipations. They all knew this would happen to Obaseki. APC took its time to decide on Obaseki. What played out in the day for all to see was decided in Abuja in the night. PDP anticipated it and prepared.

Obaseki is moving around to dot the i's and cross the t's. For PDP and other parties he is the beautiful bride. When he decamps Edo state will be grouped among the PDP states. Definitely he will make PDP stronger in the state. He's of more value to the PDP than other contestants. That means PDP will fight tooth and nail to protect their state.

Now do you see how your Oshiomole has been messed up and has started fighting for his political survival? If the supreme court confirms his expulsion from APC, na ofone be that. He would have been dealt with by an "ordinary" ward chairman. Imagine how a ward chairman has dealt with a national chairman and the law backed him up. Na Oshiomole dey beg pass now.

Can you not see clearly now that Obaseki's fight against godfatherism is succeeding?
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Glare247(m): 8:24am On Jun 18, 2020
pastorcyrus:

Bro that APC trap will catch an empty wind,he only needs to present his waec certificate without even bringing those controversial ones.electoral act only mandated SSCE for one to be qualified to contest governorship election in naija,moreover he only needed affidavit to consolidate his Nysc discharge certificate which is bearing OBASEK",I was omitted mistakenly. Watch how Obaseki will win that election if given PDP, s ticket. They tried federal might against wike in 2019 but met their match in all level and PDP destroyed them in rivers state in that election. Just take wike,s advice and watch how oshomole will be disgraced in that September election
Stop using emotion ,to think

2 Likes

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 18, 2020
seanfer:

Did Obaseki have the Original SSCE certificate?

he found all his original certificates
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Jman06(m): 8:27am On Jun 18, 2020
bluecircle470:

Ipob as usual. Nah for Nairaland una dey always vote and win elections.
This has nothing to do with ipob or whatever. I laugh at those of you who analyze Edo politics from Lagos without having visited Edo state for once.
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Badonasty(m): 8:30am On Jun 18, 2020
Wetin Dey always funny me be say 98% of those commenting don’t even have anything to do with the election those of them that are edo indigenes will probably not vote...so keep commenting on Nairaland while people that will actually vote are in the villages and towns of edo state
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Dansuqi: 8:31am On Jun 18, 2020
pastorcyrus:

So wike and obaseki are now the same

1 Like

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Felicity0001: 8:38am On Jun 18, 2020
lopjohnny:
I just want them to thoroughly think it through. Bearing it in mind that the same certificate issue that accounted for his doom in APC can be revisited peradventure he wins the election in the umbrella party.

APC still has his record, they are waiting for the right time to unveil it.
What records are you talking about or are you ignorant of the supreme court verdicts in the case and how its a closed case in court? APC has no case to make if they like let me go to arbitrary court Edo is back to PDP.

The only good thing APC has done which I'm not happy with is suspending that short man devil Adams Oshomole, I wanted him to finish destroying that party b4 but now they've suspended him so the 2023 general election will be very competitive. And I hope and pray they don't retain power again.
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by ORIENTATION101: 8:41am On Jun 18, 2020
Jman06:
not my business how they won it. If PDP was truly accepted in local politics they should be having at least 10 members in Edo house of assembly through ballot boxes.

1 Like

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Spallanzani: 8:42am On Jun 18, 2020
Cantonese:

As it stands, all contestants will weigh their chances. They make agreements and decisions are taken. If unfavourable, they'll decamp and either make the parties stronger or weaker.

Oshiomole accepted Ize Iyamu because he believed that Iyamu would make APC stronger. The same goes for all the contestants. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Obaseki did not run to Atiku or anyone to beg. Do not make a mistake. Alignments and realignments are allowed and very necessary in politics. All politicians across all parties talk issues among themselves. They see and know what happens. They also have anticipations. They all knew this would happen to Obaseki. APC took its time to decide on Obaseki. What played out in the day for all to see was decided in Abuja in the night. PDP anticipated it and prepared.

Obaseki is moving around to dot the i's and cross the t's. For PDP and other parties he is the beautiful bride. When he decamps Edo state will be grouped among the PDP states. Definitely he will make PDP stronger in the state. He's of more value to the PDP than other contestants. That means PDP will fight tooth and nail to protect their state.

Now do you see how your Oshiomole has been messed up and has started fighting for his political survival? If the supreme court confirms his expulsion from APC, na ofone be that. He would have been dealt with by an "ordinary" ward chairman. Imagine how a ward chairman has dealt with a national chairman and the law backed him up. Na Oshiomole dey beg pass now.

Can you not see clearly now that Obaseki's fight against godfatherism is succeeding?
Oga leave this plenty talks like a woman, you think APC doesn't know what's up. Guy he go shock you, una go come here dey type nonsense as if politics is mathematics, you will see machinery deployment soon in Edo, obaseki can't stand federal might, PDP will lose forget it with or without Obaseki. You go dey type as if APC nah dummy party.

3 Likes

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Dansuqi: 8:43am On Jun 18, 2020
Jman06:
APC had no base in Edo state aside Obaseki's government! He was the pillar holding the party in the state before now. Oshiomole failed to take that into cognizance before he selfishly decided to disqualify him.

Are you aware that PDP has 2 out of 3 senatorial seats and 6 out the house of reps seats in Edo state?? What does that tell you? Even all the 'iyes' and 'babas' that I know on the streets of Benin city are PDP supporters!

Last guber election in the state was rigged in favor of APC. People were intimidated and brutalized for voting PDP at different polling units while many were chased away and prevented from voting.

All Obaseki needs to do is to join forces with those PDP bigwigs and put kabaka and his boys in checks.

No sir.even before obaseki came to power,pdp had 2 senators while apc had 5 reps and all assembly members.it is the samevthing.the major pdp topshots now are urhogide and ordia.they can't stand apc
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Mindofhisown: 8:44am On Jun 18, 2020
Allie is different from godfather. At the moment, he needs more allies to clinch the helm of affairs as number one citizen of Edo state. That is politics. How does it benefits the masses is topic for another day

Here marks the end of PDP in Edo state, immediately the party ticket is handed to Obaseki. Those existing aspirants will definitely bury PDP. You can take that to the bank
The same Obaseki that said he was fighting godfatherism in Edo few weeks ago. He has gone to lobby Atiku, He has gone to lick Wike boot. He was seen bowing for Tambuwal and Udom few days ago.
When you have IPOB as your supporters, you are bound to be confused[/quote]
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Indispensable85(m): 8:48am On Jun 18, 2020
The crisis and litigation that will follow will be huge. He didn't buy form,didn't go through screening, didn't participate in the primaries bid for tomorrow Friday. The INEC regulations is that for anyone to be substituted with another,he must have taken part in the primaries. All the best though.

3 Likes

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Posa: 8:50am On Jun 18, 2020
lopjohnny:
I just want them to thoroughly think it through. Bearing it in mind that the same certificate issue that accounted for his doom in APC can be revisited peradventure he wins the election in the umbrella party.

Obaseki will simply use his SSCE Result to constest under PDP (that I know he has with no issues), at least that’s what the constitution stipulates or isn’t it constitutional to use that?
Certificate issue wouldn’t be an issue if he decides to re-contest under any party, this the party Excos will carefully scrutinize and seek lega advice before accepting him
Any which way it’s a win win for GOO
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Dansuqi: 8:51am On Jun 18, 2020
Cantonese:
Expect Obaseki's defection to the PDP either today or tomorrow.

People have not taken their time to understand the game of politics played between PDP and APC. For me PDP is more technically sound than APC. The state chairman of PDP has already alerted us that the governor will join PDP.

PDP definitely would have long ago weighed their chances with Obaseki. If it would not work they would not have delayed with him.

With Shuaibu's resignation statement it is abundantly clear that he there is an agreement in place for him not to run as deputy gov under PDP but he'll support Obaseki/PDP to damage APC. That has been part of the delay.

Now Ize Iyamu enterred a one chance bus with APC. The recognised faction of APC in the state is controlled by Obaseki. Iyamu did not get his registration done under them. By tomorrow, friday, if he cannot prove his APC membership to the court, it will be all over for him. The national APC will be forced to take instructions from Obaseki's faction in Edo state, making them accept indirect primary. The party will be weakened so that Obaseki can win on his new platform. Anyway the game is played, Oshiomole's errors have put APC into trouble in Edo state just like other states.

Obaseki would have concluded agreements with other PDP contestants by now and the party will announce any moment.

Those who called Obaseki a political liability should learn lessons in political arithmetics and tactics.

You are talking rubbish nonsense as usual.if pdp are so good,they will be in power.the primaries to be conducted is direct and will be conducted by nwc not any faction.the recognized faction is that of imuse..even if obaseki faction remains in apc,the apc candidate will sideline them and would only work with the oshiomhole faction...inec has already accepted direct primary by the way....

Shuaibu was made by oshiomhole and he chose to stay with obaseki because of deputy post.why should he remain with obaseki when he won't gain anything? What is the motivation to stay with a stingy person? He will remain neutral or work against pdp. If ize iyamu does not get the ticket,it is because that is the original plan
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Dansuqi: 8:52am On Jun 18, 2020
jrusky:

Which record are you people talking about?

Pls did University of Ibadan deny he was never a student nor graduated in the Uni neither did NYSC

If his name were spelt wrongly by UI or the NYSC then the case is lightweught its quiet different from the Bayelsa apc thief who bears different names all the way from his primary school and his senior education and even has no proof he actually attended in the first place.

So let apc stop wailling. Apc know pdp will flog them in Edo if Obaseki contest undef the party now they want to use the baseless certificate case to intimidate him and the Edos who are supporting him.

How I wish Edolite can disgrace Oshio with his godfatherism greediness I would have be so happy.

Obaseki will lose
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by bluecircle470: 8:53am On Jun 18, 2020
Jman06:
This has nothing to do with ipob or whatever. I laugh at those of you who analyze Edo politics from Lagos without having visited Edo state for once.

Obaseki has no legacy left behind. Too bad!
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Posa: 8:53am On Jun 18, 2020
PIMPAR:
When you have IPOB as your supporters, you are bound to be confused

I don’t want to waste My time
With you, go google who or what a political godfather is before you quote Me
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Dansuqi: 8:54am On Jun 18, 2020
Jman06:

And you think the presidential elections in edo were free and fair? Is the any free and fair poll anywhere ? Are you thinking that edo polls will be free? The defeat of atiku should have thought you guys that pdp are just wasting their time
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Dansuqi: 8:56am On Jun 18, 2020
Cantonese:

It is not.he has been driven from apc and next is govt house. If obaseki wins,he will also want to be a godfather
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Lovelive: 8:59am On Jun 18, 2020
The only favour or recompense PDP leadership can pour on Obaseki is to let his deputy governor to be the new deputy for any candidate that will emerge from the primary [PDP].

lopjohnny:

Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by redsun(m): 9:01am On Jun 18, 2020
Is it not the same rules that apply to both gangs with regards to qualifications?
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Cantonese: 9:04am On Jun 18, 2020
Spallanzani:

Oga leave this plenty talks like a woman, you think APC doesn't know what's up. Guy he go shock you, una go come here dey type nonsense as if politics is mathematics, you will see machinery deployment soon in Edo, obaseki can't stand federal might, PDP will lose forget it with or without Obaseki. You go dey type as if APC nah dummy party.

See you. So as it stands you do not even know that politics is mathematics and more? The federal might you even pointed. to is a part of power play in political calculations.

If APC knew what's up they would not consistently shoot themselves in the foot. What's playing out in Edo state today played out in other states earlier. Result nko? PDP won. Open your eyes, and others and understand how it goes.

Talking about federal might. With your federal might in Rivers state 2019, how did it end?
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Sannisege: 9:06am On Jun 18, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Pdp will win Edo. Meanwhile sub your dstv and gotv and contact us for any issues.
APC supporters will not patronize you because of your support for PDP. Keep politics out of business.
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by PrinceMajestic: 9:07am On Jun 18, 2020
"What they did to us in bayelsa state is still very fresh in our minds"- Abdullahi Umar Ganduje. Anyone who thinks APC fg govt will leave Edo for PDP is only dreaming and fantasizing on impossibility. I really pity obaseki n his supporters, the speaker and the rest better remain loyal to the party that gave them power. These guys are bunch of amateur politicians and not party men
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by jrusky(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2020
Dansuqi:

Obaseki will lose

Loose what nah? The election or the unfounded certificate allegation or what

Explain yourself?
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Sannisege: 9:13am On Jun 18, 2020
Obaseki is weak politically. Imagine as a sitting governor in APC, PDP won two senatorial seats in Edo State. Now Ize-Iyamu as one of the forces that ensured the victories for PDP is now in APC. The people who voted for the 14 house of Assembly members that Obaseki denied are also waiting to take their pound of Obaseki’s flesh
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Dansuqi: 9:13am On Jun 18, 2020
jrusky:

Loose what nah? The election or the unfounded certificate allegation or what

Explain yourself?

From cert to election
Re: Planned Defection: PDP Leadership To Decide On Obaseki Today by Cantonese: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2020
Dansuqi:

You are talking rubbish nonsense as usual.if pdp are so good,they will be in power.the primaries to be conducted is direct and will be conducted by nwc not any faction.the recognized faction is that of imuse..even if obaseki faction remains in apc,the apc candidate will sideline them and would only work with the oshiomhole faction...inec has already accepted direct primary by the way....

Shuaibu was made by oshiomhole and he chose to stay with obaseki because of deputy post.why should he remain with obaseki when he won't gain anything? What is the motivation to stay with a stingy person? He will remain neutral or work against pdp. If ize iyamu does not get the ticket,it is because that is the original plan

Hahahahahaha. Abeg mallam where are you from? Zamfara abi Congo?

PDP lost power simply because they were over confident. APC gained power simply because the people were tired of PDP, listened to propaganda and wanted a change. That APC is not as politically suave as PDP is clear to all to see.

Let's agree that the primaries will be by direct voting. Which faction will APC Nwc now listen to? Which factional/local/state chairmen sacked Oshiomole? Was it Imuse? If it was not does that not show you the recognised faction?

Now the APC candidates have to deal with the recognised faction. If that is the case how can a candidate not originally recognised by the accepted faction sideline the legitimate people? As it stands I can safely use the word illegitimate faction. That's where Oshiomole's group belongs. Where will they find the power to talk?

Did you not listen to Shuaibu's speech? He said "I move with the governor. Where he goes, I go".

What was the "original plan" you mentioned?

See if Ize Iyamu does not get the ticket, it will be clear evidence of luck against him and the failed remove-Obaseki-at-all-cost plan if Oshimole. Iyamu joined the wrong faction thinking that he would not win governorship on the platform of PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CAN Leaders Will Regret Congratulating President Buhari On His Re-election - FFK / Mobolaji Johnson: Achievements Of The First Governor Of Lagos State / APC Presidential Rally In Kogi State (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.