Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,911 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Nigerian Women And Abortion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Women And Abortion (9739 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb / Lady Advises Nigerian Women To Allow Their Husbands Cheat, Have Sex Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Women And Abortion by pmoye(m): 10:15am On Jun 18, 2020
What exactly is the reason why Nigerian women are so much in love with abortion? It is so rampant that you get tempted to categorize abortion as another method of contraception. The funny thing is that most of these ladies involved are religious individuals... What exactly is going on?

And they always claim it is a mistake. There is no accident in having sex. You don't walk on the streets and suddenly slip and fall on a ready-to-fire di.ck. There's always a process involved in sex.

Make no mistake, this is 100% about women, in case some start feeling the need to balance the gender here.

If you're a single mother because of this-kind of mistake, then what a shame. Abortion and single-motherhood should never be a replacement for good sense.

Says the Oracle.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by lalanice(f): 10:33am On Jun 18, 2020
It means Nigeria men are not Reliable.

Nobody is happy to be risking their lives necessarily.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 18, 2020
100% about women?

OP, are you suffering from selective amnesia?

Or is it just convenient to ignore the community pricks who refuse to wear condoms and those who engage in the act of stealthing?? undecided

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Tonymegabush1(m): 10:45am On Jun 18, 2020
As a lady you should knw when your man is serious with you or just want to catch fun, I always admire lady's that stood their ground and deliver their baby at first it could a thing of shame but on the long run you will smile and Thank God for such strength and courage.

If you must collabo, collabo with sense

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:46am On Jun 18, 2020
MoodyQueen:
100% about women?

Or is it just convenient to ignore the community pricks who refuse to wear condoms and those who engage in the act of stealthing?? undecided
.....Kikikikiki. Nne m,take it easy biko.

Guys please always wear condoms to avoid stories like this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pmoye(m): 10:47am On Jun 18, 2020
I would think it means women are irresponsible or worse... Do men own your v-jay or your body? Who asked them to risk their lives 'necessarily'?

Stop deflecting. Ladies need to take more responsibility with their own body/health/life with respect to senseless and unplanned pregnancy. The fact that the abortion is usually procured in secret means the women bear all the negative consequences also. If she gets infection, ruptured womb or loses her life, she bears all consequences 100% while the men you branded 'not reliable' work free.

But why not, blame men again even for an irresponsibility clearly yours.

lalanice:
It means Nigeria men are not Reliable.

Nobody is happy to be risking their lives necessarily.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Miarose: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2020
It is on the woman, this needs no explanation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by donbachi(m): 10:54am On Jun 18, 2020
The both are to blame.if she wants it raw,tell her off.dont try to impress her with withdrawal method.dis method is the major cause of abortions..in my uni days.my girl took in.and the moment any girl takes in,the guy must have financial challenge.so,since we ran out of cash and luck.the innocent girl spoke with her friends,and she was asked to mix small stout,negro pepper,lipton,dry pepper and boil all together.we did as instructed.just 5mins after consumption,bleeding started..person pikin don dey die dey go..i rushed her to student abortion place..yes,we all had one and u do..injections and oral treatments were administered..and she survived it.today,i'm married to another woman.imagine if her womb was damaged from dat mixture..another man for dey suffer am today..say to abortion..use protections.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by fati2001(m): 11:01am On Jun 18, 2020
Nigeria Men and sex

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pmoye(m): 11:04am On Jun 18, 2020
Omoge, your ability to export your failing to men is legendary.
Let's take the premise you painted...
1.) community pricks refusing to wear condoms: I would say this is common to reckless men with nothing to lose. Absolutely NOTHING to lose. But as a babe you have everything to lose. Absolutely EVERYTHING to lose. The man gains a few minutes (or even seconds) of orgasmic eruption from kpanshing raw. You the babe might NOT even gain the tiniest cum, while you are about to lose everything. That makes him the explorer and you the explored. Interestingly the water-well be explored belongs exclusively to you. In fact, you own both the well field and the water-well. Yet you refuse to mount guards and security around your field and water-well. And when the explorer approaches you, asking you to open your water-well that he wants a dip. Perhaps he offers you a candy or some lousy chinchin. So you open up and he dips, farts, and poops inside your well, and he leaves. You smell the fart and feel the poop but yet you refuse to do anything about it. And few weeks after you have disease break out you start accusing the explorer... or explorers depending on how generous you are towards explorers. Your well belongs to you. Lock up. If he must dip there must be protection. This should be no rocket science.... Men that have a lot to lose will never take the risk in the first place. Or perhaps, you try to use the well to trap the explorer.

2) who engage in the act of stealthing: if by this you allude to a criminal act then you are absolutely right, even though you seem a little too shy to call it rape. The perpetrator should not live in the society of men, should either be jailed or sho.t. That said, the woman still holds the responsibility to safeguard her health even in such situation. There is such thing called emergency contraception which may work for up to 3 days after unprotected sex.

Point 1 or 2, it takes an irresponsible woman to get unwanted pregnancy. Of course this excludes marriage/relationship gone sour.

MoodyQueen:
100% about women?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:06am On Jun 18, 2020
pmoye:
1.) community pricks refusing to wear condoms: I would say this is common to reckless men with nothing to lose. Absolutely NOTHING to lose. But as a babe you have everything to lose. Absolutely EVERYTHING to lose. The man gains a few minutes (or even seconds) of orgasmic eruption from kpanshing raw. You the babe might NOT even gain the tiniest cum, while you are about to lose everything. That makes him the explorer and you the explored. Interestingly the water-well be explored belongs exclusively to you. In fact, you own both the well field and the water-well. Yet you refuse to mount guards and security around your field and water-well. And when the explorer approaches you, asking you to open your water-well that he wants a dip. Perhaps he offers you a candy or some lousy chinchin. So you open up and he dips, farts, and poops inside your well, and he leaves. You smell the fart and feel the poop but yet you refuse to do anything about it. And few weeks after you have disease break out you start accusing the explorer... or explorers depending on how generous you are towards explorers. Your well belongs to you. Lock up. If he must dip there must be protection. This should be no rocket science.... Men that have a lot to lose will never take the risk in the first place. Or perhaps, you try to use the well to trap the explorer.

2) who engage in the act of stealthing: if by this you allude to a criminal act then you are absolutely right, even though you seem a little too shy to call it rape. The perpetrator should not live in the society of men, should either be jailed or sho.t. That said, the woman still holds the responsibility to safeguard her health even in such situation. There is such thing called emergency contraception which may work for up to 3 days after unprotected sex.

Point 1 or 2, it takes an irresponsible woman to get unwanted pregnancy. Of course this excludes marriage/relationship gone sour.

....Only the wise ones will understand the direction you are going.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pmoye(m): 11:07am On Jun 18, 2020
I think it boils down to the basics, if the man is not 100% in support of pregnancy then the two of you must discuss and stick to an effective contraception method. The point of the post is that whatever the story surrounding abortion it is the woman that bears 100% liability.

Tonymegabush1:
As a lady you should knw when your man is serious with you or just want to catch fun, I always admire lady's that stood their ground and deliver their baby at first it could a thing of shame but on the long run you will smile and Thank God for such strength and courage.

If you must collabo, collabo with sense
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by missjo(f): 11:15am On Jun 18, 2020
This is dependent on the society a woman lives in.
I believe single women in Nigeria are too culturally restricted when it comes to the issue of sex, this can make them feel embarrassed if they need to walk into pharmacies or see doctors to get birth control options.

I've been getting access to birth control since I turned 21. Waking into any pharmacy here for these things is quite normal and no one looks at you funny. Bought male condoms sometimes as well, to ensure he does not come with an excuse of not having one. Getting pregnant or not getting pregnant is my decision.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Tonymegabush1(m): 11:17am On Jun 18, 2020
pmoye:
I think it boils down to the basics, if the man is not 100% in support of pregnancy then the two of you must discuss and stick to an effective contraception method. The point of the post is that whatever the story surrounding abortion it is the woman that bears 100% liability.

I got your point bro but I must admit, not every sex ends with pregnancy, whereas sex is a gateway to be pregnant, kudos when a man is not 100% in support of pregnancy he should device protective majors instead of ruining a young lady future.. I don't support abortion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pmoye(m): 11:21am On Jun 18, 2020
Both are to blame? Definitely. 100%
But who bears the consequences? The woman. Your story just perfectly illustrated the point. If she had damaged her womb she would have lived with it for the rest of her life.

At the same time it is a reckless man who has unprotected sex with a woman when he is not ready to be a father.

Few years ago I was home visiting and this long time female friend who heard that I was around decided to visit me at the hotel where I was lodged. She arrived when I was down in the hotel's conference room holding an important business meeting with some people. I had told her over the phone about the meeting that it would take long and we would be finishing later in the evening, that she probably should wait for my next visit to the country. She said no, that she wouldn't mind sleeping over. She came over, was taken to my room and she waited till I was done.

Later that night after every every, the water started getting warm and the steam rising, the cloths falling to the ground, the bodies touching, the lungs expanding, the muscles tightening.... all the sherenren...time to dig in, I removed condom, tore it and was about wearing it... then this babe held my hand and said No. That she wanted it raw. Wanted to feel everything... Shooooo! A babe I hadn't seen in more than 2 years! Shooo! Too much discussion would kill the vibe, but i had to tell I never have sex without condom...She asked if I didn't trust her. Emotional blackmail. I said it's not about trust.... Accused me of rejecting her ...blah blah blah.... To cut the story short, we didn't have sex that night. If I had allowed myself to be cajoled I am 100% certain it would have ended in tears.

donbachi:
The both are to blame.if she wants it raw,tell her off.dont try to impress her with withdrawal method.dis method is the major cause of abortions..in my uni days.my girl took in.and the moment any girl takes in,the guy must have financial challenge.so,since we ran out of cash and luck.the innocent girl spoke with her friends,and she was asked to mix small stout,negro pepper,lipton,dry pepper and boil all together.we did as instructed.just 5mins after consumption,bleeding started..person pikin don dey die dey go..i rushed her to student abortion place..yes,we all had one and u do..injections and oral treatments were administered..and she survived it.today,i'm married to another woman.imagine if her womb was damaged from dat mixture..another man for dey suffer am today..say to abortion..use protections.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pmoye(m): 11:26am On Jun 18, 2020
I agree 100% with your points. 100%.
This is the more reason why we should do something about the cultural restriction in Nigeria. Our women should have complete ownership of their bodies, whether to be pregnant or not. Both abortion and pregnancy take direct toll on a woman's body and that decision should never be up to a man who might have zero participation in the ensuing consequences.

Yes our women may be culturally restricted from openly procuring contraception, but a woman can insist that the man who wants to have sex with her uses protection. If he is not willing, then he should zip up. The message is clear, she is interested in having sex with him but she is insisting on him doing it responsibly.

missjo:
I believe single women in Nigeria are too culturally restricted when it comes to the issue of sex, this can make them feel embarrassed if they need to walk into pharmacies or see doctors to get birth control options.

I've been getting access to birth control since I turned 21. Waking into any pharmacy here for these things is quite normal and no one looks at you funny. Bought male condoms sometimes as well, to ensure he does not come with an excuse of not having one. Getting pregnant or not getting pregnant is my decision.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by fineboynl(m): 11:28am On Jun 18, 2020
missjo:

where are you from and how do you know about Nigeria culture.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Justbehave(m): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2020
The op is very correct. The issue is not who you are passing the blame to but who is bearing the consequence.Who dies during abortion? The woman. Who suffer and take care of the baby if the stupid boy runs away! The woman. Who gets a damaged womb and might not be able to give birth in future due to failed abortion? The woman.Op is simply advising ladies to stop having sex with irresponsible men. Period.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pmoye(m): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2020
That is correct. A man should take responsibility....unfortunately several chop-and-go men litter our country.

Tonymegabush1:

I got your point bro but I must admit, not every sex ends with pregnancy, whereas sex is a gateway to be pregnant, kudos when a man is not 100% in support of pregnancy he should device protective majors instead of ruining a young lady future.. I don't support abortion.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pmoye(m): 11:34am On Jun 18, 2020
God will bless you Sir!
That is my point. Unfortunately and as expected some people like to seize the opportunity to trade blames and attack men.

I have seen and heard so many heart-rending cases involving abortion and unwanted pregnancies...In all of these cases the women were the ones who bear the full brunt! In all of the cases.

A woman owns her body. Whether you're a random lady, girlfriend, or wife. The woman owns her body 100% and should exert the right to protect it. That right will definitely include insisting on protection before/during/after sex. This obviously excludes ladies who try to tie men down by getting pregnant...and I have no pity for such sill.y men so tied down.

Justbehave:
The op is very correct. The issue is not who you are passing the blame to but who is bearing the consequence.Who dies during abortion? The woman. Who suffer and take care of the baby if the stupid boy runs away! The woman. Who gets a damaged womb and might not be able to give birth in future due to failed abortion? The woman.Op is simply advising ladies to stop having sex with irresponsible men. Period.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 11:53am On Jun 18, 2020
MoodyQueen:
100% about women?

Keep sleeping with men who refuse to wear condoms.

Shebi the men will carry the pregnancy with you or the abortions will be done from their wombs.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Ningen(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2020
missjo:

Not entirely true.
Not when coercion and manipulation exists.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2020
missjo:

Nigerian single women are culturally restricted when it comes to sex?

In this same Nigeria?

Ok.

@bold:

I totally agree with you.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2020
pmoye:
Both are to blame? Definitely. 100%
But who bears the consequences? The woman. Your story just perfectly illustrated the point. If she had damaged her womb she would have lived with it for the rest of her life.

At the same time it is a reckless man who has unprotected sex with a woman when he is not ready to be a father.

Few years ago I was home visiting and this long time female friend who heard that I was around decided to visit me at the hotel where I was lodged. She arrived when I was down in the hotel's conference room holding an important business meeting with some people. I had told her over the phone about the meeting that it would take long and we would be finishing later in the evening, that she probably should wait for my next visit to the country. She said no, that she wouldn't mind sleeping over. She came over, was taken to my room and she waited till I was done.

Later that night after every every, the water started getting warm and the steam rising, the cloths falling to the ground, the bodies touching, the lungs expanding, the muscles tightening.... all the sherenren...time to dig in, I removed condom, tore it and was about wearing it... then this babe held my hand and said No. That she wanted it raw. Wanted to feel everything... Shooooo! A babe I hadn't seen in more than 2 years! Shooo! Too much discussion would kill the vibe, but i had to tell I never have sex without condom...She asked if I didn't trust her. Emotional blackmail. I said it's not about trust.... Accused me of rejecting her ...blah blah blah.... To cut the story short, we didn't have sex that night. If I had allowed myself to be cajoled I am 100% certain it would have ended in tears.

100% on point and end of the matter.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by SweetCunt97(f): 12:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
pmoye:

Guy this your talk is simply useless. There was Abortions during our mothers time and it will continue to be even after we gone. So pls carry ur archaic moral standing and shove up ur ass.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by pmoye(m): 12:09pm On Jun 18, 2020
Perhaps you're already knocked up and your painment is currently unbearable. Next time don't just fling your thighs open anyhow at sound of candy, coins and chin-chin. While you're at it, also stop transferring your painment to me.

I'm not responsible for your misery Rapidcunt97. Find other people to bite today. grin grin grin

SweetCunt97:
Guy this your talk is simply useless. There was Abortions during our mothers time and it will continue to be even after we gone. So pls carry ur archaic moral standing and shove up ur ass.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
pmoye:

From title to content!!!

It's so annoying and disgusting that you find it
easy to point fingers at only women when it's obvious they are not impregnating themselves.

Why are you not talking about your counterparts on a rampage and equally basking in the light of unprotected sex??

Two irresponsible people are involved in an unwanted pregnancies so how is it 100% women?

Even if the effects weights negatively against women, it still doesn't give you the right to create a thread claiming Nigerian women drives euphoria in getting an abortion.

Men are the ones rejoicing over a responsibility taken care of. Men are responsible for 90% of abortions not women.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by SweetCunt97(f): 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2020
pmoye:
Perhaps you're already knocked up and your painment is currently unbearable. Next time don't just fling your thighs open anyhow at sound of candy, coins and chin-chin. While you're at it, also stop transferring your painment to me.

I'm not responsible for your misery Rapidcunt97. Find other people to bite today. grin grin grin

Just saying.
Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
bukatyne:

Keep sleeping with men who refuse to wear condoms.

Shebi the men will carry the pregnancy with you or the abortions will be done from their wombs.

So that's what you deduced from my post?

But ofcourse...
Your archaic brain never fails to disappoint.

18 Likes

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by bukatyne(f): 12:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
MoodyQueen:

So that's what you deduced from my post?

But ofcourse...
Your archaic brain never fails to disappoint.

Sweetheart,

My archaic brain or not would NEVER change nature's fact that a woman bears most of the consequences of sex gone awry between herself and a man.

If you don't like it, you can opt for a sex change. kiss

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
The truth is that majority of us don't know anything about how their system works.
Aside std, if u are not sure of how your system work, please go and buy CD yourself and keep at home. Inside that part of your handbag only you have access to.

All these schools nowadays don't teach girls preventive method.

I was introduced, educated on how to play safe in junior secondary by a gyneocologist that the state govt sent to girls school in my state then. It was like further maths then. Made no sense. By senior secondary, sharp babes started teaching us in dormitory. Before we left school we became pro at reading and understanding our individual cycles.
Today, that's what I rely on as a woman with a healthy sexual appetite.

Except std, u want to go raw, learn your body. Your partner should be the type that will accept no when u say u are not free.

But oir girls, the latest fashion, gossip, is what they prefer.
I haven't seen any post since I started using this site where girls teach themselves how billings method work. Rather, they are interested in buying postinor 2.
As for raw sex, it will continue till forever.
Why not educate yourself.

I took me not less than one yr monitoring my cycle and making mistakes to learn how to use it. I don't use any contraceptive. That book is every girl's bible.

Those who do sociology and or social work use that book.
Love and life ....By l mcsweeny. I don't know if I got it right.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Women And Abortion by liberalchick(f): 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2020
sassysure:
The truth is that majority of us don't know anything about how their system works.
Aside std, if u are not sure of how your system work, please go and buy CD yourself and keep at home. Inside that part of your handbag only you have access to.

All these schools nowadays don't teach girls preventive method.

I was introduced, educated on how to play safe in junior secondary by a gyneocologist that the state govt sent to girls school in my state then. It was like further maths then. Made no sense. By senior secondary, sharp babes started teaching us in dormitory. Before we left school we became pro at reading and understanding our individual cycles.
Today, that's what I rely on as a woman with a healthy sexual appetite.

Except std, u want to go raw, learn your body. Your partner should be the type that will accept no when u say u are not free.

But oir girls, the latest fashion, gossip, is what they prefer.
I haven't seen any post since I started using this site where girls teach themselves how billings method work. Rather, they are interested in buying postinor 2.
As for raw sex, it will continue till forever.
Why not educate yourself.

I took me not less than one yr monitoring my cycle and making mistakes to learn how to use it. I don't use any contraceptive. That book is every girl's bible.

Those who do sociology and or social work use that book.
Love and life ....By l mcsweeny. I don't know if I got it right.
Most Nigerian parents fail in their duty of giving their children comprehensive sex education.

“You will get pregnant if a man touches you” is not sex education.

Edit:
Also, take your teen girl to an obgyn for contraceptives (16+).

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Do Live-in Relatives Ruin The Spark In A Marriage? / I Need Your Opinions on my marriage / Questions For Married Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.