Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja (23730 Views)

My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria / Domestic Airlines Owe Aviation Agencies N513bn, Says Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by Evercurious(f): 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2020
Think9ja:
Good move.
U
Everything should not revolve around Lagos.
There are hundreds of virgin lands in Abuja, yet, Lagos keeps getting congested with very poor standard of living.

If not because of that Atlantic that cuts across Lagos, Lagos would have been a parody of itself since 1991.

If there was an easy way to make the Atlantic cut across Abuja, aboki people would have done that a long time ago.

And once that happens, many people will run away from Lagos.

Must it be Abuja?
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by Bobby4090: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
Dpharisee:
Why is he moving institutions away from sophisticated 97% area to Abuja shocked
Meanwhile, Airpeace has long asked for Enugu Airport to be concessioned to them to turn it into an aviation hub but Sirika has worked against that.
By the time Calabar, Port Harcourt and Warri Ports are given maximum attention, Lagos will start losing it's position as the export hub of Nigeria. All the North needs to do is to take over the Super highway project from Cross River state to Tarana which has close proximity to the sea than Lagos

My dear, ignorant people like u don't know what makes a city or a region great.
Administrative HQ doesn't really matter. What matters is where the operations take place. It's like saying PH and Warri has lost their place in our oil sector just because NNPC head office is in Abuja. Rubbish! Lagos is so independent that it doesn't lean on FG peanuts like other states.
As for companies, even if some relocate outside Lagos, does it not interest you that the world biggest single train refinery is being built in Lagos. With a capacity twice that of all your FG refineries combined.
This refinery also comes with the biggest petrol chemical complex and biggest fertilizer complex in Africa.
Go to Lekki Export Processing Zone and see how the Chinese are turning that place to a new China. Even a new Lekki port is being constructed there to decongest Apapa. Not to mention Eko Atlantic City that is being dubbed the new African Dubai.
My brother, if you are waiting for the fall of Lagos u will wait forever. Presently, nearly 70% of the foreign direct investments coming into Nigeria are looking for a place to set in Lagos. Ok?
Have a nice day!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by JosephXavier: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2020
[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]

J
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by Asgard13: 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
Yoruba people don collect enough beating from Hausa Fulani grin

Stil na igbo Dey dia mouth as dem Dey wail...

Yoruba can never ever face Hausa Fulani and talk gibberish
Instead dem go silently Dey collect as them... if pain too much na igbo dem go scream consciously or not..

The name Dey believe wey Dey heal their pain

See helinues

His pain no gree again... the full scream igbos grin

1 Like

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by King44(m): 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2020
SmartPolician:

Huncle, that's why Abuja is the administrative capital of the country

They should even move all of the key federal government agencies and parastatals out of Lagos

God! Nigeria's government has made Lagos very powerful, leading population explosion.
you have lost the first 5 alphabets which starts your username.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by Princedapace(m): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2020
helinues:

They could have relocated to your region if it's more better than Lagos... undecided

The presence of some of these FG agencies due to long period of lagos as Capital of Nigeria is one of the reasons lagos keep making money.

I smell fowl play. But lagos needs to be decongested.

It is for the interest of the entire country including South West. South West does not start and end in lagos. Nigeria is just a mess.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2020
They might lose revenue because even the roads in Abuja are lacking people to even use them the roads in Abuja were meant for Lagos
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by King44(m): 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
CapitalBank:
The oil companies HQ in Lagos, what are they do there?

we are talking economy here you are talking about where head quarter is situated, u get sense so? They could as well situate those headquarters in any state they like that favours their company must it be any, in fact una minister has no economic sense.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by vonxe: 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2020
I dont know if it is ignorance or bitterness that is affecting some of us.
The move is a nice one for Lagos, it is a very good development.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by SmartPolician: 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2020
bakynes:

Is Washington D.C not the Capital of USA are all the agencies situated there? If Lagos is the commercial capital of the country, it means most travelers, foreigners will travel into Lagos more. So those Agencies are needed more in Lagos than in Abuja. Lagos needs to be decongested but relocating these Agencies wont decongest it. It will only make their work much more difficult.

Don't even mention the United States. Nigeria's version of federation and theirs are not the same. We claimed to have copied their constitution but bastardized it.

Unlike the US where most activities are decentralized, we run a central government here - something that has made Lagos to become overpopulated. It's time to decongest it.

For the minister to order a relocation, he must have done his feasibility study. You cannot be more Catholic than the Pope. He is an insider, so he knows his onions as far the industry is concerned.

Besides, we live in information age, so I don't see how the move will be an obstacle to the agency's smooth operation. Files and documents can be shared in a split second, people make calls in a flash, etc.

I cannot believe we have ports in Rivers and Delta states, yet the disaster that happens in Apapa is normal to Nigeria's government

Any move geared towards decongesting Lagos is acceptable.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by IGBOSON1: 2:51pm On Jun 18, 2020
Dpharisee:
Why is he moving institutions away from sophisticated 97% area to Abuja shocked
Meanwhile, Airpeace has long asked for Enugu Airport to be concessioned to them to turn it into an aviation hub but Sirika has worked against that.
By the time Calabar, Port Harcourt and Warri Ports are given maximum attention, Lagos will start losing it's position as the export hub of Nigeria. All the North needs to do is to take over the Super highway project from Cross River state to Tarana which has close proximity to the sea than Lagos

It’s all about this insane and inexplicable need to feel superior and grab everything meaningful to their region! This is the major reason they went all out to get rid of GEJ (with the assistance of some greedy and bigoted southerners....kindred spirits if you like), and is also the reason why they unashamedly rigged the 2019 one to remain in power!

This is one of the reasons i want Ndigbo out of this contraption they call a country! We will always be undermined and held down at every corner, and can never reach our full potential as a people!

4 Likes

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by SmartPolician: 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2020
King44:
you have lost the first 5 alphabets which starts your username.

Do I look like I care?

tongue tongue
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by King44(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2020
It is just like saying "relocate NPA Nigerian Port Authority to Abuja" when it is clear that Abuja is land locked, that minister and some people here smoke a lot of cow dung.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by King44(m): 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2020
SmartPolician:

Do I look like I care?

tongue tongue
I said it, you are not smart at all and you still don't care ha...
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by King44(m): 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2020
SmartPolician:

Don't even mention the United States. Nigeria's version of federation and theirs are not the same. We claimed to have copied their constitution but bastardized it.

Unlike the US where most activities are decentralized, we run a central government here - something that has made Lagos to become overpopulated. It's time to decongest it.

For the minister to order a relocation, he must have done his feasibility study. You cannot be more Catholic than the Pope. He is an insider, so he knows his onions as far the industry is concerned.

Besides, we live in information age, so I don't see how the move will be an obstacle to the agency's smooth operation. Files and documents can be shared in a split second, people make calls in a flash, etc.

I cannot believe we have ports in Rivers and Delta states, yet the disaster that happens in Apapa is normal to Nigeria's government

okay goan decongest Lagos yourself, jealousy and envy

1 Like

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by King44(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2020
solasoulmusic:
They might lose revenue because even the roads in Abuja are lacking people to even use them the roads in Abuja were meant for Lagos
Gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by King44(m): 3:01pm On Jun 18, 2020
solasoulmusic:
Gbam!!! With the huge population in Lagos the roads are as tiny as a thread, why can't they enlarge the roads in States that has population and buoyant economy? They won't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by bakynes(m): 3:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
SmartPolician:

Port decongestion is good, the Eastern ports needs to be revived because 60% of the countries importers are Igbos. But Aviation hub is in Lagos, it makes no economic sense relocating them to Abuja and having an annex in Lagos again, why not leave them in Lagos where they are needed while the leadership of those agencies can report to Abuja whenever they are needed.
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 18, 2020
Whiteangel1234:
grin grin good news Lagos over hyped it need
decongestion

I know you one of these ipob e-rats. Those that do not see anything good in yoruba race. That's the reason why your people will keep on serving the other region.
. Keep dreaming of Biafra Republic till thy kingdom come.

If it's not lagos State, it could have been one of your moldy and cursed Regional Territory.
Very soon, you will die of a heart attack because of the prosperity and abundance of the Yoruba region. Your people carry their cursed and battered destiny come to Lagos State, God open ways for them, and you are still forming the useless and unwanted opinion about lagos state that Lagos State is over hype....who begged or forced you to leave your forbidden region called Yeast...?

Oni kuure...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by 0taPiaPia(m): 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
Queenlovely:
My cousin works with faan and was complaining bitterrly to my father to talk to the president. The family is acclimatized to Lagos, i.agine the logistics and everything

Tell him to get his ass out of Lagos for once in his life. It won't hurt sad
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by HornyTave: 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2020
rovher:

Pls no disrespect, exactly what part of Lagos are you talking about?
Apart from some areas in Ikoyi, Lekki and Ikeja, the rest part are slums.
before you argue I know Lagos.
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by CapitalBank: 3:24pm On Jun 18, 2020
King44:
we are talking economy here you are talking about where head quarter is situated, u get sense so? They could as well situate those headquarters in any state they like that favours their company must it be any, in fact una minister has no economic sense.
Lol,, e pain u abi? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by nuelyoyo(m): 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2020
Queenlovely:
My cousin works with faan and was complaining bitterrly to my father to talk to the president. The family is acclimatized to Lagos, i.agine the logistics and everything
Who is your daddy?
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by HornyTave: 3:27pm On Jun 18, 2020
Bobby4090:

Administrative HQ doesn't really matter. What matters is where the operations take place. It's like saying PH and Warri has lost their place in our oil sector just because NNPC head office is in Abuja. Rubbish! Lagos is so independent that it doesn't lean on FG peanuts like other states.
As for companies, even if some relocate outside Lagos, does it not interest you that the world biggest single train refinery is being built in Lagos. With a capacity twice that of all your FG refineries combined.
This refinery also comes with the biggest petrol chemical complex and biggest fertilizer complex in Africa.
Go to Lekki Export Processing Zone and see how the Chinese are turning that place to a new China. Even a new Lekki port is being constructed there to decongest Apapa. Not to mention Eko Atlantic City that is being dubbed the new African Dubai.
My brother, if you are waiting for the fall of Lagos u will wait forever. Presently, nearly 70% of the foreign direct investments coming into Nigeria are looking for a place to set in Lagos. Ok?
Have a nice day!

The fact the Government has played a good role in making Lagos sea Port it's only national Port is Devastating to other regions.

The main importers in Nigeria are the Ibos, when the construction of other ports in Akwa Ibom, Port Harcourt, Delta state and Cross River is completed, Lagos will die a slow death.

if you don't believe me, get a map of West Africa.

1 Like

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by PHAYOL81: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2020
The comments here just show how much our wailing brothers from the Yeast long to see Lagos demise. We wait and watch.
But one thing I'm certain about is Lagos is going nowhere. But for our Nigeria neighbours that cry about Abuja being better, Lagos has always gotten a better rating in the developmental indices of world cities. And do the situation on grond says as much? Well, perhaps, they might have to bring the infrastructural facts and figures they use in arriving at the bull.shit of Abuja being more developed than Lagos. Come to think of it, since all the years they had been pumping in the money, it hasn't been economically viable let alone usurping Lagos despite being a year short of the duration Lagos used as the capital and despite being built right from scratch.
Just laughing and watching!!!
Eko o ni baje o! A tumbo maa dara si ni...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by MENELIIK: 4:02pm On Jun 18, 2020
Bobby4090:

Have a nice day!

The Osus and their sympathizers are double faced cowards and as such not interested in what is right or not rather what in their imagination will bring Yoruba land down to them, Yorubas are their problem. They are usually the first to claim Lagos if positive development is discussed and called it Yorubaland if negative development is involved. In the case of Lagos and Yorubaland, it is beyond their imagination for instance, Lagos has been expanding even in land mass courtesy of Eko Atlantic city and other reclamation projects on going and the congestion stuff will be taken care of in due course meanwhile the little red mud land of the Osus is almost gone through erosion and no where to expand to. They hate with passion Asiwaju Bola Tinubu because he transformed Lagos from a slum when IBB left in 1991 to what we have today and his successors are moving it forward. Who God has blessed no Osu can cause.
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by PHAYOL81: 4:03pm On Jun 18, 2020
HornyTave:

The fact the Government has played a good role in making Lagos sea Port it's only national Port is Devastating to other regions.

The main importers in Nigeria are the Ibos, when the construction of other ports in Akwa Ibom, Port Harcourt, Delta state and Cross River is completed, Lagos will die a slow death.

The reality would set in when the ports are completed. So if the main importer are Ibos, what happens to the other tribes importing? Have you done the percentage to see which region import most? What about the market? Or better still, what goods are the Ibos importing that the Yorubas aren't? And also remind me what goods the Ibos are exporting that the Yorubas aren't? I don't want to drag in the other tribes here but when you leave, the market would still be as big with only little change in the character and the buyers would still be patronising especially that most of our international customers are within west Africa and Lagos stand the advantage of not only being known and trusted but also being in line as the first they come to.
Problem can only arise if no Yoruba or other tribe still around is willing to invest in the field the Ibo man left behind. S

4 Likes

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by MENELIIK: 4:08pm On Jun 18, 2020
PHAYOL81:

The reality would set in when the ports are completed. So if the main importer are Ibos, what happens to the other tribes importing? Have you done the percentage to see which region import most? What about the market? Or better still, what goods are the Ibos importing that the Yorubas aren't? And also remind me what goods the Ibos are exporting that the Yorubas aren't? I don't want to drag in the other tribes here but when you leave, the market would still be as big with only little change in the character and the buyers would still be patronising especially that most of our international customers are within west Africa and Lagos stand the advantage of not only being known and trusted but also being in line as the first they come to.
Problem can only arise if no Yoruba or other tribe still around is willing to invest in the field the Ibo man left behind. S

Majority of them are good at only beer parlour analysis, they can hardly relate to what you are saying

1 Like

Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by PHAYOL81: 4:11pm On Jun 18, 2020
HornyTave:

Problem can only arise if no Yoruba or other tribe still around is willing to invest in the field the Ibo man left behind. So, you can start doing the maths now. All I just see then is our fate right in our hands and yes! there won't be no one like you guys to decampaign our progress again.
Re: Aviation Agencies Begin Relocation To Abuja by Brunicekid(m): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
9jvirgin:
The question is about efficiency and effectiveness. Nothing can succeed in Nigeria. If Nigerian embassies in USA and Canada are struggling, I don't see anything meaningful with this relocation. You cannot relocate agencies just because you want to continue to perpetuate fraud and corruption.
Really true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) / Historic Trip To The National Aquarium, Baltimore, USA / 5 Reasons Why Couples Should Travel Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.