Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Coronavirus--nigerians Mourn The Death Of Another Politician - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus--nigerians Mourn The Death Of Another Politician (234 Views)

Family And Friends Mourn Nigerian Woman Who Died 15 Days To Her Wedding / Friends Mourn Pretty Young Lady Who Died Two Days After Giving Birth (Photos) / Tiantian: Chinese Baby Born 4 Years After The Death Of The Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus--nigerians Mourn The Death Of Another Politician by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
It has been said time without number that Coronavirus is real and is now every where, no State or Local Government should think that it is covid-19 free.
A case of lesson is Cross Rivers State who had always claimed that it does not have Coronavirus and planned reopening school this week if not for the intervention of PTF.
The news this afternoon has it that Godwin Akwaji, a lawmaker representing Obudu constituency at the Cross River state house of assembly, has died after showing symptoms of COVID-19.

He was said to have died at the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital (UCTH) isolation centre around 12:30 pm on Thursday.

Akwaji, who was said to be diabetic, also exhibited fatigue, fever, cough, breathlessness.

A family source told TheCable that the deceased had been treated for malaria and pneumonia with no improvement.

The source added that some persons who visited the lawmaker at the hospital are already showing symptoms of COVID-19.

Commenting on Akwaji’s death, Ifere Paul, a Facebook user wrote: “I spoke to Hon. Godwin Akwaji weeks before the LGA elections. He told me what a wonderful chairman I’ll make. He ended our conversation on a sad note though.

“That the establishment does not want intelligent people like me, and was afraid I might not make it because I am not somebody’s stooge. I just got information from Agba Jalingo that Hon. Akwaji is late now. He was such a nice guy. Akwaji, a lawmaker representing Obudu constituency at the Cross River state house of assembly, has died after showing symptoms of COVID-19.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Not So Obvious Signs Of Depression? / The GOLO Diet For Weight Loss: Can It Help You Lose Weight? / Choosing The Best Yoga Mat For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.