Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,309 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. (5252 Views)

Should I Return This Money wrongfully credited to my account / A Police Officer's Phone Is In My Custody, Should I Return It? / Airman Arraigned For Theft Of N20m Mistakenly Credited To His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Ibechris2: 7:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
He might have used your acct to defraud someone and unknown to u...u are a super star.

Wait till ur acct is pinned down.
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Vulcanheph(m): 7:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
Return the money to him....but don't give him cash, let him send the account details to you and then you transfer it online, because he might have done a Fraudulent transaction and given your account details to the people and when you give him cash , he disappears and whoever he Scammed will have your account details and will come for you, you can at least send him back 90% Of the money and keep 10% For your bank charges and the troubles it took you to transfer it.
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Academicwizman(m): 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
buttlover:

make sure that the account you are sending it back tallies with the sender's initial account. you can check the first 3 number.

Make sure that you stick to this advice. It may be MITM scam. Think about it. A scammer using fake identity may offer to sell a service or deliver product to Mr. A. The scammer ask Mr. A to send money to your account. When the money is sent, the scammer contacts you that it was an error and provide account (different from the original account that sent you the money) that you will refund the money to. When you refund, the scammer runs away leaving you to battle it out with Mr. A and of course, EFCC. It is called MITM (Man In The Middle) scam. Beware! Only return the money to the account that sent it to you.
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by melaninpop: 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
Collinsaik:
absolutely right tha i never wanted 2 reciev the money in the first instance but nw its a diferet scenerio

For 32,500? Wow embarassed
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by KingAzubuike(f): 10:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
ndidibabe:
You are just a cheat. Why will you send your account number to an unknown person in the first instance?
Keep quiet my friend. What do you know
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by KingAzubuike(f): 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
Naso all those abokìs dey do. This one was even begging you to send the account number lol.
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by ndidibabe(f): 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Keep quiet my friend. What do you know
lol
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
Return it please, ₦32,000 is a big sum to part with for many Nigerian families sad

1 Like

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by joyandfaith: 4:24am On Jun 20, 2020
lilachiever:
l

The best you can do is notify your bank to help reverse the transaction.
Don't transfer it to any account
that is best advice
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by joyandfaith: 4:26am On Jun 20, 2020
Academicwizman:

Make sure that you stick to this advice. It may be MITM scam. Think about it. A scammer using fake identity may offer to sell a service or deliver product to Mr. A. The scammer ask Mr. A to send money to your account. When the money is sent, the scammer contacts you that it was an error and provide account (different from the original account that sent you the money) that you will refund the money to. When you refund, the scammer runs away leaving you to battle it out with Mr. A and of course, EFCC. It is called MITM (Man In The Middle) scam. Beware! Only return the money to the account that sent it to you.

@
Collinsaik,
you are warned.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by cocolacec(m): 4:54am On Jun 20, 2020
Collinsaik:
Just recently, i recieved a txt frm unknwn individual asking for my acount detail dat he wants to make the payment. i dismised it as spam but the mesage was repeated. the same person also caled, when i pickd , i realise he counldnt mutter meaning ful wrds that one can undrstand so i hung up. this same individual would nt stop caling my fone. at a point i became infuriated and scolded d stranger to make him stop. the followin day, he called again. this time around in a calm tone, so i played along. after exchangin greetings, he asked me to snd him the acount nau. that he needs it to make the payment. told him i had no airtime if he dosnt mind he should snd me airtym so i can do dat. 2mins later the airtym came in. i forward my acount details imediately, gues what, 32,500 came in within minuetes.. it took Four good days for dis man to realise his error and start caling for a refund . i also realise his location is kano state while am base in south south. what do u guyz tink?

I think the money is a yahoo yahoo money,whenever yawa burst the police will trace it to your account.It is better you alert your bank about the transfer.
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Nobody: 5:46am On Jun 20, 2020
TalkTalkTwins:
Return it please, ₦32,000 is a big sum to part with for many Nigerian families sad
this one touched me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Nobody: 5:54am On Jun 20, 2020
Ibechris2:
He might have used your acct to defraud someone and unknown to u...u are a super star.

Wait till ur acct is pinned down.
Am vry certain its not a case of fraud rather its a case of mistaken identity. how could someone be xo careless.
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by Unrated900(m): 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
Split it into two

But seek advice from owner first
Re: Should I Return This Money Wrongly Credited To My Bank Account. by phyiktor(m): 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
Collinsaik:
Just recently, i recieved a txt frm unknwn individual asking for my acount detail dat he wants to make the payment. i dismised it as spam but the mesage was repeated. the same person also caled, when i pickd , i realise he counldnt mutter meaning ful wrds that one can undrstand so i hung up. this same individual would nt stop caling my fone. at a point i became infuriated and scolded d stranger to make him stop. the followin day, he called again. this time around in a calm tone, so i played along. after exchangin greetings, he asked me to snd him the acount nau. that he needs it to make the payment. told him i had no airtime if he dosnt mind he should snd me airtym so i can do dat. 2mins later the airtym came in. i forward my acount details imediately, gues what, 32,500 came in within minuetes.. it took Four good days for dis man to realise his error and start caling for a refund . i also realise his location is kano state while am base in south south. what do u guyz tink?

Before returning it ask for the person account details,go to ur bank and confirm if the money sent was from the account he gave u because it might be a case of fraud where by the scammer will send the money to ur account den after some days will den call you back that he send the money to a wrong account that u should refund the money after refunding..police will start tracing the account the money was sent to initially n it will lead to u,ur account will be freeze,police will come for u n ask u to provide the person u sent d money too..so just be careful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bizarre|| Man R@pes Two Witches He Caught In His Backyard For 3 Hour’s / Photo Of Diamond Bank Akure Robbery. / Photo Of Policeman, Drambi Vandi That Shot Female Lawyer, Bolanle, Dead In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.