Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,831 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? (32669 Views)

Reasons Why Buying Blocks Is Better Than Moulding Blocks In A Building Project / Moulding Blocks Vs Buying Blocks, Which Is Better ?? / Block Molding: The Ratio of Cement to Sand to Water (2) (3) (4)

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by africaflozy(f): 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
If you will be too busy to supervise the moulding, then buy it. Also, if your land is not fenced to secure the blocks as they moould it, buy already made. That's my own reasons against moulding of blocks.

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by oneman2k7: 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
If u have time to monitor the moulding process, it is better and safe cost
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Jobabori(m): 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
authority2006:

It's not like that. Most of those selling blocks are selling sand that has no cement in it
And people still patronise and buying the sand from them in the name of buying blocks. Fear God.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by chemicool: 10:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
sonnie10:

Using SE as an example
one bag of cement gives solid 30 pieces of 9 inches blocks

Ten bags of cement would be 300 blocks

Compared to ready made block industry one 9 inches block which is sold at #180 each. 300 blocks are; #180 x 300 = #54000

Now to make 300 blocks,

10 bags of cement including transportation is about #26500
one trip of sand (small tripper) is #15000
Labor is #900 per bag , 10 bags would be 900 x 10 = 9000
Water #3000
Total # #53000

9" is ₦230 from the factory now oga. 6" is ₦170. Price is sharp sand in my area is ₦11000

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by DaddyGngeess(m): 10:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
Molding blocks is cheaper and you are sure of stronger blocks too, one bag of cement will give you between 45 to 55 blocks that is going to be very strong, but those sellers can use one bag of cement to produce between 70 to 85 blocks, this is raining season so you need to be very careful not to waste money shall
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Emvico34: 10:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:
How can I get one?
where do you stay?
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by authority2006(m): 10:53pm On Jun 19, 2020
Jobabori:

And people still patronise and buying the sand from them in the name of buying blocks. Fear God.

You think I'm lying? I don't know if you're into this business or not. But if you are, you would already understand what I'm talking about. We bought blocks from these people for our mosque project, it was like waste of money.
They just completed one flat near my house, I always shook my head whenever I passed through the area, those blocks could make a house collapse! Many of it was disintegrating by just lifting it up

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by authority2006(m): 10:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
africaflozy:
If you will be too busy to supervise the moulding, then buy it. Also, if your land is not fenced to secure the blocks as they moould it, buy already made. That's my own reasons against moulding of blocks.

If you are buying, test the integrity of the blocks you want to pay for.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by davibid: 10:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
Molding
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Amudeneogu: 10:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
The blocks you mold by yourself will be stronger than the one you buy because you will be monitoring the one you mold both in quality and in quantity because most of the block sellers have no time to check the quality of the block
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by cenaman(m): 10:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
chinavs9ja:
I will advise you to mould your blocks so that you can be sure of the quality of the blocks. Most of those selling blocks are only after their pocket, imagine using 1bag of cement to produce 100 blocks just for them to make more profit.

I am a professional website designer/developer kindly check my signature
not all bro. If u are within New nyanya, I will direct u where you can get a standard blocks from block industry. N:B First hand experience.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Orlatunday11(m): 11:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
am a vibrated blocks and rings maker in Abeokuta.

if u dnt kw much about moudling block dnt go into it atall.. go for ready Solid made block... timesave,stresssave and peace of mind
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by remzytimer: 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
You better buy and safe yourself the stress from molden before they mold nonsense for you. If you have money for 100 drop it, another for 50 and before you know you are there already.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Ola64(m): 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
But moulding is actually more cost-effective and you get to determine the blocks. You can personally monitor the whole process to make sure no one cheats you don't build a house that will be sweating in the future like the other OP

Must you make reference?
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by solamide: 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
buying is better
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Clirm: 11:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:
Good day all. For sb novice in building, which will you suggest (checking cost, and durability), which is better: buying blocks or molding it by oneself?
Please I also need opinions on what to do to afford thugs causing me problems on site.
If it is a big project, give it to a professional block producers to mold quality vibrated blocks for you. Contact me for that 08111858803. We hav electric machines, we can bring some of the machines into your site and give you quality product at good price. Contact and visit our office in Agege to see samples. Any state nationwide, we can work for you and we deliver fast. 08111858803
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Stjamez: 11:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
Moulding is better. The process might not be as fast as you would want it buh you will get value for your money. This is because you will be able to control the quality of blocks rather than buying from commercial moulders who are often out to maximize profit by compromising the strength of the blocks.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by mechanics(m): 11:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
Buying o.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by meltech(m): 12:25am On Jun 20, 2020
My favorite thread for the year... I prefer buying good vibrated blocks
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Laple0541(m): 12:32am On Jun 20, 2020
adatkeg:
Molding block is cheaper than buying blocks..
If u buy sharp sand for 28k and cement the molder will collect 900# per bag of cement.
Nice

Nice
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by jojothaiv(m): 12:34am On Jun 20, 2020
Admin9:
Training a girl to school so that you can marry her and Marrying a girl that has already gone to school, which is better?

Anyone can be better depending on where the man fall from, but na who slap me now now, pesin not fit play again..

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by ITDarrell(m): 1:22am On Jun 20, 2020
Everything has its advantages and disadvantages
To me, Buying blocks is far more better than moulding in site.
1. Saves me time
2. Saves me from unnecessary risk I.e natural disaster (rain), village people dogs and goats destroying them at night, in a bink of an eye, the molder will want to pursue more bags a day to get more pay whereby not given proper nor adequate mix, who says some molders don't siphon cement?? Tell them 35 per bag, and they will produce 40 and above, before the end of the day, they will cover up for one or more bags of cement and the cement becomes theirs. You will only come to count and divide everything by 35 and all will seem right. Plus etc ojoro!!!
From experience pls!!!
3. Less stressful!!!
4. Makes building work more flexible and easy to supervise.
4. You can get blocks on credit and pay small small!!
Etc because I get 1% battery!!
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Depressedkidd: 1:39am On Jun 20, 2020
Mold your blocks please, so you'll be able to supervise and get quality blocks. These people that sel blocks are trying to get as many blocks out of each bag and they end up making weak blocks that simply fall apart once you start touching them. I saw where they were mixing sand and cement to make blocks and I saw sand all through with specks of grey to show that cement was somewhere in the mix.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Timilehin94(m): 1:49am On Jun 20, 2020
Yes...but moulding is more better.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Meto1234(m): 1:55am On Jun 20, 2020
Molding is better becus it is more stronger than does u bought outside
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by SIRKAY98(m): 1:55am On Jun 20, 2020
I tried moulding my blocks and i regretted it.
If you are to mould make sure you visit the moulding site every evening and confirm the number of blocks they mould in fot that day.
Dont be fooled by the saxks of cement

Count the blocks always

When the blocks have dried ..move them to a save place and padlock d gate

Make surw the correct ratio of cement is ised always..as you may be seeing sacks but the content has been poured into another hidden sack

.when i moulded my blocks i wasted over 350blocks..because of lack of monitoring, my block was used in building someone elses fence near my site.. i discovered it and arrested d moulder guy..he later confessed to d crime.
Its d best if u can monitor it
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Ndipe(m): 2:01am On Jun 20, 2020
Moulding, but you have to supervise them.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Felicity0001: 2:27am On Jun 20, 2020
SmartProf:
If you are moulding, you may get more blocks out of the process from each bag of cement but u need to be sure that both those mixing, and the moulders are competent. For U to mould you also need water on-site or close access to water. U must also be mindful of the season cos if it rains on the day u are moulding, u will be completely finished. Blocks buying helps if ur job needs to be done quickly and if u don't want to be cheated by workers who will claim they have moulded from some certain bags of cement but in reality haven't. It also saves u prayer points about rain and storage conditions of ur cement. But many bought blocks are not so strong cos it is made with the intention for profit, and some of them during delivery gets broken and may not be replaced...so go for what ur mind pleases, but if u are managing funds I will advise u mould, but ensure u monitor the job being done closely
You nailed it no need reading any further. Lol
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by michaelsoso(m): 2:54am On Jun 20, 2020
From experience I will advise u to buy blocks instead to mould with d following reasons; cost effective,
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by darediamond(m): 3:37am On Jun 20, 2020
revived:
Buy

Why wasting time

Time is money to me so I buy
What about quality can that be guaranteed?
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Joshmanfashion(m): 5:28am On Jun 20, 2020
I will strongly advise you buy, reasons been that hand molding can never be as strong as machine when workers are tired they manage their strength but machine keeps going with the same strength. What I do is negotiate with the machine owner with the quality I needed failure to deliver that breach our agreement and results to non payment thank you.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by donbuchi1(m): 5:54am On Jun 20, 2020
chuxyfranklin:
Buying is more cost effective.

I beg to differ

Lagos State Government Removes Illegal Street Gates In Lekki Phase 1 / Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu / Mark Zuckerberg Buys Neighbouring Houses For Privacy