Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? (32659 Views)

Reasons Why Buying Blocks Is Better Than Moulding Blocks In A Building Project / Moulding Blocks Vs Buying Blocks, Which Is Better ?? / Block Molding: The Ratio of Cement to Sand to Water (2) (3) (4)

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by otunbalamba: 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
sunshine1974:
fear God brother, how do you throw down your blocks and only few will break? Is it a brick?

Op dont follow this man, never throw your blocks, it will scatter like a pack of cards
my brother you never see block cheesy block wey you go throw on top concrete wey no go break wink you don see 1-2 year old block before? If yes, how strong was it? grin
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by yashika(m): 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
From experience, if you must buy, buy vibrated blocks it’s better and cost effective. If you mould there is no guarantee that it will be strong and that they will not trick you. Buy machine mould and vibrated blocks.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by CallmeeNelson: 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
afford d thugs first.. we can talk about buying or molding later grin
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by melviniyke2002(m): 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
Plus10:

please for which type of block,hollow or solid?
https://www.nairaland.com/755766/technology-block-making
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by otunbalamba: 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
lizdammy:

Those selling can make up-to 55 blocks per bag of cement dear.
that's actually depends on the type, if its sex inches 50-55 won't be obvious but 9inches 55 pieces cheesy egg go strong pass the blocks cheesy they won't even be able to deliver it sef, as them dey carry am, na so e go dey break

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by kaymart: 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
Admin9:
Training a girl to school so that you can marry her and Marrying a girl that has already gone to school, which is better?
Both are better depending on the circumstances

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Ten06(m): 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
If you have time and space moulding is better and cheaper, and with your monitoring you will get more better quality blocks
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Chirowman(m): 9:32pm On Jun 19, 2020
yemitexcel:

Hunmm...I still disagree sir... I did block work to finish Nd in 2013-2015 and I have been in block industry line since 2006 up till date and I never see block industry that will produce 70 in one bag...but u can see 50 very well but not even 60 because they won't want their market to spoil...
maybe your side has conscience na this ones will do 70 and carry water kill am as if water makes the block extra strong.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by OluchiDelly: 9:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:
Good day all. For sb novice in building, which will you suggest (checking cost, and durability), which is better: buying blocks or molding it by oneself?
Please I also need opinions on what to do to afford thugs causing me problems on site.
If you don't have time to supervise the labour, go for already made. Moulding is cheaper but lots of risks such as rainfall, wetting during dry season, theft from labourers-half bag of cement nay be used to mould same quantity that full bag would have moulded, the remaining quantity wl be taken to their house. Some moulders have built houses from these proceeds.

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:
Good day all. For sb novice in building, which will you suggest (checking cost, and durability), which is better: buying blocks or molding it by oneself?
Please I also need opinions on what to do to afford thugs causing me problems on site.

Moulding blocks can save you some money, just relatively little different from buying vibrated blocks.

But one good advantage of moulding blocks is your block will be more stronger compared to when you buy.

But you must be sure of the competency of those that are going to do the work for you.

The major crisis here is that if those who do it should do bad jobs, it will definitely be total lost, irrespective of how much you spend and the number of blocks.

Do solid enquiry about people that are doing it in your axis in other to get reliable fellows.

If the block size is 6 inches, tell them to do between 40 to 42 blocks per bag of cement. If the water is accurate and the mixing is better, you will definitely have quality output.

On the other hands, if you buy blocks
It will save you from all the stress mentioned above and also your blocks will be so beautiful in looking compared to when moulding.

Also, due to the current rain season buying can protect you from the risk of rain destroying your blocks if not yet strong enough after moulding before the rain started or disturb people working for you during the process.

But all the risk can be handle effective, if you get reliable and competent hands to do the work for you.

Blocks moulding is more stronger.

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by ogbonimoney: 9:40pm On Jun 19, 2020
my bro all have spoken well.as a proj.mgr and builder.its is much more assured to mould the block yourself.but in terms of time,avoiding issues that touch wt labourers,its just better to buy blocks from a reliable block maker becos vibrated block is better in the long run.just make sure you pillar all the frame of the house.as a prj mgr,i do my research on how to get get a good block maker.2, on the issue of thugs,just call them,negotiate and giv them what u agreed wt them and u wont av much problem.be civil and firm except u av miliary might to flex ur muscle.

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by kudinkarfe: 9:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
Buying is the best except if you will mould it using the same machine the companies are using to get maximum compression which will increase the durability, strength and the required size of blocks. Moulding blocks using hand mould will not give you required size and strength.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by solamide: 9:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:
please to avoid high blood pressure buy blocks,there are a lot of people selling blocks in site area,do your investigation and know the one that produce high quality,you can not trust those workers,if you are not so smart and be available while they are working, cement will just be disappear and before you know it,they will be moulding sand for you as blocks.

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by pahen1991: 9:46pm On Jun 19, 2020
If you have space moulding is better
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by OluchiDelly: 9:48pm On Jun 19, 2020
Kimzo:
and you get money and time to browse....

Haba! How much is data? Some network even offer N100 per wk for small bundles.

If you want to help do, if you can't then ignore.with this lockdown, If you teach/work in private school, you wl understand better.

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Perfecttouchade: 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
Get a good quality delivery on your Aluminium windows @ Perfect Touch Aluminium 08153665659whatsapp

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by ArcFresky(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
From about 7 years cinsttuion experience, I will give you the pros and cons, chooe for yourself.

Molding blocks on_site.
Certainty of quality blocks
Can save time and cost if well managed

Cons:
Requires constant monitoring and vigilance
Susceptible to rain and too much hot sun
Constant water needed.
Depending on your contractual terms, it might be expensive, if the machine becomes idle.
Regulate and monitor block sizes.

Buying blocks
Pros
Fast
Can be cheap especially for small works
No worries about logistics

Con
Uncertain quality of blocks.
Potential for Lots of broken blocks
Poor sand can be used
Sizes of blocks can be different

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by authority2006(m): 9:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
Admin9:
Training a girl to school so that you can marry her and Marrying a girl that has already gone to school, which is better?

It's not like that. Most of those selling blocks are selling sand that has no cement in it
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by ogunsbanjul(m): 10:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Remember, you must choose (marry) from already used and dumped lady or marrying a lady that is genuinely new without a blemish. (quote author=Admin9 post=90854933]Training a girl to school so that you can marry her and Marrying a girl that has already gone to school, which is better? [/quote]
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Obemube35(m): 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
Molding and some of this blocks we buy are not mixed in the right proportion because they want to make gain and in doing so, the quantity of sand used in molding one bag of cement will be much. And perhaps the block wont be strong enough.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Pzpropertylimit(m): 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
If u are from a terrible environment where witchcraft operate and overtake people , na to take them my surprise and buy ur block and build ur house ooo
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by hapiness44(f): 10:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
Please patronize my husband, he makes beautiful furnitures.

https://www.nairaland.com/4545349/sister
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by LOVEGINO(m): 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
SmartProf:
If you are moulding, you may get more blocks out of the process from each bag of cement but u need to be sure that both those mixing and the moulders are competent. U must also be mindful of the season cos if it rains on same day, u are finished. Blocks buying helps if ur job needs to be done quickly and if u don't want to be cheated by workers who will claim they have moulded from some certain bags of cement but in reality haven't. It also saves u prayer points about rain and storage conditions of ur cement. But many bought blocks are not so strong cos it is made with the intention for profit, and some of them during delivery gets broken and may not be replaced...so go for what ur mind pleases, but if u are managing funds I will advise u mould, but ensure u monitor the job being done closely
very correct. I knew what I experiment during raining season.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by phemmyfour: 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:
moulding, you know the mixture proportion

Disadvantage: It makes your job slow
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by sunshine1974(m): 10:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
otunbalamba:
my brother you never see block cheesy block wey you go throw on top concrete wey no go break wink you don see 1-2 year old block before? If yes, how strong was it? grin
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Roon9(m): 10:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Admin9:

This answer is too deep only a person in construction line would grasp it

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:
Oga buy blocks from reputable seller.
Moulding it yourself can be stressful especially if your moulders aint trustworthy.

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Amdoyin(m): 10:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
chinavs9ja:
I will advise you to mould your blocks so that you can be sure of the quality of the blocks. Most of those selling blocks are only after their pocket, imagine using 1bag of cement to produce 100 blocks just for them to make more profit.

I am a professional website designer/developer kindly check my signature
tot you wanted to say you are professional block moulder.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by frozen70(f): 10:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:

I will suggest the followings based on experience

But blocks don't mould blocks, you can't stand their wahala because you don't have all the time

Before foundation, settle the people responsible for foundation and its possible there will be refreshments on that day

The boys working for you will keep making demands for water, ask one of them to get a bag if cold water for them

If you have some one handling the job, be on ground to watch what they are doing

If you want cement, get a near by cement store to buy your cement and be there when it will be delivered and use

If you are nit clever enough, they will do you the more you see the less you understand

Just get like 5/10 bags of cement, depending on what they need it for

Don't dig a bore hole yet because once you go home, those vagabonds will steal your pumping machine

Negotiate with the nearest house if the have water so that you can get water supply

Be friendly with the neighbours around because they are the one staying there before you and they will also advise you

When you need materials, ask your engineer the best products, buy them yourself and let him charge you for workmanship

Don't be hard on them and don't be too soft on them

The best time for build especially laying blocks and plastering is from September till March

Lastly, if it will cost you 200k yo do anything, add extra 50k because prices changes without notice

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by lullygold18(m): 10:38pm On Jun 19, 2020
Molding all the wayyyyyyyy.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Ola64(m): 10:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
Buy! Buy!!! Buy!!!

Simple.

Lagos State Government Removes Illegal Street Gates In Lekki Phase 1 / Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu / Mark Zuckerberg Buys Neighbouring Houses For Privacy