Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? (32712 Views)

Reasons Why Buying Blocks Is Better Than Moulding Blocks In A Building Project / Moulding Blocks Vs Buying Blocks, Which Is Better ?? / Block Molding: The Ratio of Cement to Sand to Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by toyotamuscle: 5:56am On Jun 20, 2020
Admin9:
Training a girl to school so that you can marry her and Marrying a girl that has already gone to school, which is better?
training your daughter or training your friends daughter which is better?

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Globallords(m): 6:14am On Jun 20, 2020
chinavs9ja:
I will advise you to mould your blocks so that you can be sure of the quality of the blocks. Most of those selling blocks are only after their pocket, imagine using 1bag of cement to produce 100 blocks just for them to make more profit.

I am a professional website designer/developer kindly check my signature
Boss, abeg I need your help if you won't mind. I need an explanation on JavaScript DOM manipulation
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by toye440: 6:24am On Jun 20, 2020
SmartProf:
If you are moulding, you may get more blocks out of the process from each bag of cement but u need to be sure that both those mixing, and the moulders are competent. For U to mould you also need water on-site or close access to water. U must also be mindful of the season cos if it rains on the day u are moulding, u will be completely finished. Blocks buying helps if ur job needs to be done quickly and if u don't want to be cheated by workers who will claim they have moulded from some certain bags of cement but in reality haven't. It also saves u prayer points about rain and storage conditions of ur cement. But many bought blocks are not so strong cos it is made with the intention for profit, and some of them during delivery gets broken and may not be replaced...so go for what ur mind pleases, but if u are managing funds I will advise u mould, but ensure u monitor the job being done closely
Quantity Over Quality
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Obidiugwu: 6:46am On Jun 20, 2020
Moulding is cheaper with your desire test if monitored well although very slow while buying is expensive but very fast.
Dm us for your different types of high quality male/female Fabrics ,Curtains and beddings at affordable prices. Zero Seven Zero Five Two One One Three Four Zero Five
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by buzorcharles(m): 6:48am On Jun 20, 2020
Oga mould ur own block so u can blame urself if it's below standard. And u can take those block sellers gain.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by shugabasbn: 6:51am On Jun 20, 2020
Cooking by yourself at home or buying food from restaurant.

Whichever u choose is the best. If u have more than enough time it is better to cook by yourself as u are sure of the ingredients in as much as u ( u know how to cook) can cooked well n buying from reliable restaurant is not a bad idea if u are sure of the taste.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by faridasr: 7:07am On Jun 20, 2020
A lot of the blocks in the market are substandard and not vibrated during production. My advise is consult an engineer or architect to identify good quality to buy. The problem with this country is that lots of laymen think they understand construction and just dive in to it, reducing lifespan of buildings to 30-40 yrs when on the average a building should last 60 years. Use of substandard materials increases maintenance cost overtime. Please engage a professional and avoid being penny wise pound foolish. Moulding blocks yourself is akin to taking drugs without prescription. Respect professionalism.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by chinavs9ja(m): 7:26am On Jun 20, 2020
Globallords:

Boss, abeg I need your help if you won't mind. I need an explanation on JavaScript DOM manipulation
Just check my siggy and chat me up

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by chatinent: 7:37am On Jun 20, 2020
frozen70:

I will suggest the followings based on experience

But blocks don't mould blocks, you can't stand their wahala because you don't have all the time

Before foundation, settle the people responsible for foundation and its possible there will be refreshments on that day

The boys working for you will keep making demands for water, ask one of them to get a bag if cold water for them

If you have some one handling the job, be on ground to watch what they are doing

If you want cement, get a near by cement store to buy your cement and be there when it will be delivered and use

If you are nit clever enough, they will do you the more you see the less you understand

Just get like 5/10 bags of cement, depending on what they need it for

Don't dig a bore hole yet because once you go home, those vagabonds will steal your pumping machine

Negotiate with the nearest house if the have water so that you can get water supply

Be friendly with the neighbours around because they are the one staying there before you and they will also advise you

When you need materials, ask your engineer the best products, buy them yourself and let him charge you for workmanship

Don't be hard on them and don't be too soft on them

The best time for build especially laying blocks and plastering is from September till March

Lastly, if it will cost you 200k yo do anything, add extra 50k because prices changes without notice
You are a good planner. Are you married yet?
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Junior66(m): 7:42am On Jun 20, 2020
sunshine1974:
fear God brother, how do you throw down your blocks and only few will break? Is it a brick?

Op dont follow this man, never throw your blocks, it will scatter like a pack of cards
I didn't throw them down literally, I dropped them from a Peugeot pick up van, I'm sure you know that van isn't tall and the soil was sandy. Only very few broke bro, for my workers to commend the quality of the blocks is enough attestation.

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Kimzo: 7:51am On Jun 20, 2020
OluchiDelly:

Haba! How much is data? Some network even offer N100 per wk for small bundles.

If you want to help do, if you can't then ignore.with this lockdown, If you teach/work in private school, you wl understand better.
I get and understand you 100% because I used to work in a private school
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Ca4real: 8:40am On Jun 20, 2020
Moulding.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by chris51(f): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2020
chatinent:
Good day all. For sb novice in building, which will you suggest (checking cost, and durability), which is better: buying blocks or molding it by oneself?
Please I also need opinions on what to do to afford thugs causing me problems on site.

Molded blocks are better and stronger.
The people selling already made blocks by addind less cement to sand.

That's how they make profit.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by chris51(f): 8:41am On Jun 20, 2020
chris51:

Molded blocks are better and stronger.
The people selling already made blocks by addind less cement to sand.

That's how they make profit.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Psoul(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2020
chatinent:
Good day all. For sb novice in building, which will you suggest (checking cost, and durability), which is better: buying blocks or molding it by oneself?
Please I also need opinions on what to do to afford thugs causing me problems on site.

Bear in mind that the block industry operator sets up that business to make profit. Infact to maximize profit.
Now, if that is the case, know that he buys cement at the same rate any other person will buy as well as sand and water.
He pays his workers. After all these, he will like to make good profit.

Now there is no way that block will be better than the one u mold locally by a good molder.
All you need to do is, check the kind of structure you want and ask a good build how many pieces of block should u mold from one bag of cement to give u a quality block for such a structure.

Now, the molder u will contract for the job, you have to agree to pay him per bag used and not per number of block molded. Tell him the number of blocks you want per bag. Then that is settled.

You may chose to buy blocks from commercial molders if you want to use it to make ur fence sharp sharp to protect or shield the work going on inside.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by yomitex: 9:03am On Jun 20, 2020
chatinent:

If you mold by yourself better, if not buying will always be the best thing to do. You can always check for stronger block b4 paying, but if you contact someone to mode for you; expect bad, feeble and crack blocks cos of profit margin.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Topcrafts(m): 9:19am On Jun 20, 2020
chatinent:

Topics related to this had been addressed severally on this platform.

I have been in the business of Concrete Block Production for two decades. So, I need to tell you to prioritize quality when erecting a building/structure, and one of the ways you could achieve this is by molding concrete blocks for your building project and which would later add cost reduction as a plus for you.

I provide Onsite Concrete Block Production services for my customers before commencing the real construction of their building projects and this has been helping me in delivering excellent structures for my clients.

My Electric Concrete Block Molding Machine would be transported to my customers site and I would produce all the concrete blocks needed for the construction of such building before starting the errection of the building.

You can get more information here;
https://topcrafthomes.com/house/concrete-block-business-secret/

Thank you.

Engr Olaolu,
Founder, TopCraft Homes Ltd.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Meteng: 9:43am On Jun 20, 2020
gungab:
Buying from good industry esp with stone dust
Best advice
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by ume1000: 10:33am On Jun 20, 2020
adatkeg:
Molding block is cheaper than buying blocks..
If u buy sharp sand for 28k and cement the molder will collect 900# per bag of cement.
sharp Sand na 10k for my area o
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by frozen70(f): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2020
chatinent:

You are a good planner. Are you married yet?

Lol
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by ifeanyi4u: 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
Moulding of blocks is More better both in quality and minimization of cost. First thing is quality because already made deals mostly on quantity.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by esiri4jesu(m): 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
chatinent:
Moulding cheaper and better I terms of quality provided you be on ground to monitor the moulding.
To avoid thugs just pay their levies and you have peace. Make friends with them and your site is secured. They are one evil one contends with when developing your site.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Richie77: 12:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
For me,l prefer vibrated block anyway.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by oomakinwa: 1:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
Molding is better that's if we are in dry season and you are going to use it before rain start's but during raining season I will advise you to go for buying from experience thanks
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Bahamas95(m): 1:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
Moulding your own is far better because you can decide on the kinda quality you want. The only major challenge is that you have to supervise or employ the services of a trusted person to monitor the work, most of these workmen ain't trustworthy. Even if you pay them very well they will still cheat you at the slightest opportunity because stealing is in their DNA.

As for the thugs you can solve that issue by settling their chairman. Even after settling the chairman some wey their blood dey hot fit still come your site come misbehave. Be friendly with them, just buy igbo and ogogoro for them case don settle.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by earnit2: 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
buy blocks
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by gungab(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2020
Meteng:
Best advice

Seriously making block with mould in this period is not that good.
You can give the block industry your specs sef and monitor it instead of using hand to mould
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by sunshine1974(m): 8:36am On Jun 21, 2020
Junior66:
I didn't throw them down literally, I dropped them from a Peugeot pick up van, I'm sure you know that van isn't tall and the soil was sandy. Only very few broke bro, for my workers to commend the quality of the blocks is enough attestation.
now u are talking my brother. I for fear grin grin grin
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Topcrafts(m): 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2020
Topics related to this had been addressed severally on this platform.

I have been in the business of Concrete Block Production for two decades. So, I need to tell you to prioritize quality when erecting a building/structure, and one of the ways you could achieve this is by molding concrete blocks for your building project and which would later add cost reduction as a plus for you.

I provide Onsite Concrete Block Production services for my customers before commencing the real construction of their building projects and this has been helping me in delivering excellent structures for my clients.

My Electric Concrete Block Molding Machine would be transported to my customers site and I would produce all the concrete blocks needed for the construction of such building before starting the errection of the building.

You can get more information here;
https://topcrafthomes.com/house/concrete-block-business-secret/

Thank you.

Engr Olaolu,
Founder, TopCraft Homes Ltd.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu / Mark Zuckerberg Buys Neighbouring Houses For Privacy / Chinonso Uba's Ezeacho Hotel, House, Shops Burnt In Imo, 2 Feared Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.