Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? (32651 Views)

Reasons Why Buying Blocks Is Better Than Moulding Blocks In A Building Project / Moulding Blocks Vs Buying Blocks, Which Is Better ?? / Block Molding: The Ratio of Cement to Sand to Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by SmartProf(m): 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:

Thanks. How many can a cement bag produce that one can say it's strong?

Around 25- 30 blocks, depending on the inches u are moulding
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by victorazyvictor(m): 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Admin9:
Training a girl to school so that you can marry her and Marrying a girl that has already gone to school, which is better?

Guy oil dey ur head!

You too wise

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by nora2018(m): 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Buying and self molding has their own pros and cons dont be a baba ijebu o buy abeg

Am dstv and cctv installer l
For more details check my
Signature
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Chirowman(m): 9:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
yemitexcel:

70 is much now Boss.... For my little experience no one will patronize an industry producing 70 blocks per bag because no matter what u will always see broken blocks in the site
thats what they mould, i was about buying blocks when my project got short of blocks when i carried out my research. they will water it to be strong.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
Mould your blocks
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Chirowman(m): 9:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
SmartProf:

Around 25- 30 blocks, depending on the inches u are moulding
mine is 30 to 35 for 5 inches blocks.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by NNAMDIII(m): 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent:
Good day all. For sb novice in building, which will you suggest (checking cost, and durability), which is better: buying blocks or molding it by oneself?
Please I also need opinions on what to do to afford thugs causing me problems on site.
Oga sir thugs will definitely disturb you as per omo onile, just carry two soldiers join body, make them just throw small smokes for that area
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by paix(m): 9:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Admin9:
Training a girl to school so that you can marry her and Marrying a girl that has already gone to school, which is better?
It's a gamble either way.

3 Likes

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by SmartProf(m): 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chirowman:
mine is 30 to 35 for 5 inches blocks.

That's not bad, just ensure the mixing is properly done
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by codedlee(m): 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
adatkeg:
Molding block is cheaper than buying blocks..
If u buy sharp sand for 28k and cement the molder will collect 900# per bag of cement.

sharp sand 28k. osino gini. bros na imported sand abeg no write wetin u no no
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by chatinent: 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
NNAMDIII:

Oga sir thugs will definitely disturb you as per omo onile, just carry two soldiers join body, make them just throw small smokes for that area
Thanks.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Chirowman(m): 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
SmartProf:

That's not bad, just ensure the mixing is properly done
thats true one yeye moulder wasted my 30 bags moulding 40 with bad mixing and i proposed to use it for fencing.

2 Likes

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by baconline(m): 9:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
When u mold yourself u can save cost and loss durability, if u want durability then forget cost as it will go up to more than the average cost, if u just want an average thing go and buy from the block makers
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Oluf3mi(m): 9:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
Admin9:
This analogy get as e be.

2 Likes

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Dondominion: 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
Moulding is better bro....you can determine the quality of your blocks, knowing the quantity n quality of materials used. Transportation of blocks from one place to another would be avoided so far it is being mould on the site. Cost of transportation is cut off. Settle the area boys.

2 Likes

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Goalnaldo(m): 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
If you want fast work and you got the cash Na buying win am oo. I know a guy that bought 4000 blocks for his house.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Plus10(m): 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
melviniyke2002:
30- 35
please for which type of block,hollow or solid?
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Junior66(m): 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
I moulded 11k blocks in 2018. Moulding is cheaper and usually stronger provided you water the blocks extremely well. Watering is very important, if your blocks aren't well watered they may even end up worse than commercial blocks produced with lesser cement and worse sand and more blocks per cement bag. I spent about 950k to 1m in producing the blocks.
1 40 blocks per bag
2 cement at 2500,
3 workmanship at 550 per bag of cement moulded.
4 about 22 trips of sand at 8500 per tipper load.
5 transport: I used my personal pick up truck. I have no estimate of costs.
6 at least six full tanker loads of water at 5k each.
7 I used about 24,000 litres of water to water the blocks only twice with a hired pumping machine. My blocks still ended up very strong though. My workers could throw my blocks down when offloading them from the picking with very few breaking. In fact my workers who made the blocks so strong.
8 location is Kogi State.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Dewisedick: 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
If you can monitor as it is done, I will just mounding because you are sure of the amount of cement, making it strong for the building.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by sunshine1974(m): 9:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
Buying is better. Except you have a massive project going on. If it's just a normal house project, just look for a good block making shop and tell dem to supply.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by duro4chang(m): 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
Moulding is cheaper besides your blocks will be stronger but you need to be personally invoved for a better job. Your blocks may not be straight.

2 Likes

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by awujoolasola(m): 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
[And you will have a good, quality and strong block than buyingquote author=sonnie10 post=90855034]
Using SE as an example
one bag of cement gives solid 30 pieces of 9 inches blocks

Ten bags of cement would be 300 blocks

Compared to ready made block industry one 9 inches block which is sold at #180 each. 300 blocks are; #180 x 300 = #54000

Now to make 300 blocks,

10 bags of cement including transportation is about #26500
one trip of sand (small tripper) is #15000
Labor is #900 per bag , 10 bags would be 900 x 10 = 9000
Water #3000
Total # #53000

[/quote]
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by otunbalamba: 9:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
chatinent
I would advise you mould vibrated ones yourself and make sure there are of better qualities than those ones sold outside coz it would all be for nothing if that can't be achieve.
I would also suggest you make use of stonedust and sharp sand in the ratio of 3:2 per bag respectively. maintain a quota of 35 pieces per bag for 9×9×18 and 45 pieces per bag for 6×9×18 You can rent the equipments and facilities (AC generator, vibrator and Moulding machine) needed to do all these till you finish construction.
PS: don't try this method if you know you don't have enough money coz you gonna spend a lot of money grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by 56Nwabueze: 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
molding so far there is time
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by sunshine1974(m): 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
Junior66:
I moulded 11k blocks in 2018. Moulding is cheaper and usually stronger provided you water the blocks extremely well. Watering is very important, if your blocks aren't well watered they may even end up worse than commercial blocks produced with lesser cement and worse sand and more blocks per cement bag. I spent about 950k to 1m in producing the blocks.
1 40 blocks per bag
2 cement at 2500,
3 workmanship at 550 per bag of cement moulded.
4 about 22 trips of sand at 8500 per tipper load.
5 transport: I used my personal pick up truck. I have no estimate of costs.
6 at least six full tanker loads of water at 5k each.
7 I used about 24,000 litres of water to water the blocks only twice with a hired pumping machine. My blocks still ended up very strong though. My workers could throw my blocks down when offloading them from the picking with very few breaking. In fact my workers who made the blocks so strong.
8 location is Kogi State.

fear God brother, how do you throw down your blocks and only few will break? Is it a brick?

Op dont follow this man, never throw your blocks, it will scatter like a pack of cards

1 Like

Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by professore(m): 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
Let me learn.
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by Dondominion: 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2020
Moulding is better bro..you can determine the quantity n quality of the blocks moulded. Cost of transportation is cut off as the block would be moulded on your site. Settle Area boys
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by otunbalamba: 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
codedlee:

sharp sand 28k. osino gini. bros na imported sand abeg no write wetin u no no
cheesy it depends on the tones na, maybe na 15tonnes
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by yemitexcel(m): 9:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
Chirowman:
thats what they mould, i was about buying blocks when my project got short of blocks when i carried out my research. they will water it to be strong.
Hunmm...I still disagree sir... I did block work to finish Nd in 2013-2015 and I have been in block industry line since 2006 up till date and I never see block industry that will produce 70 in one bag...but u can see 50 very well but not even 60 because they won't want their market to spoil...
Re: Molding Or Buying Blocks. Which Is Better? by BABANGBALI: 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
Moulding is more expenses than buying, buying is sheeper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos State Government Removes Illegal Street Gates In Lekki Phase 1 / Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu / Mark Zuckerberg Buys Neighbouring Houses For Privacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.