Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:41 PM

Key Essential Causes Of A Sexless Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Key Essential Causes Of A Sexless Marriage. (553 Views)

Andrew Tate, Sexless Marriage, The Matrix / How To Revive Sex In A Sexless Marriage / How I'm Stucked In A Sexless Marriage And No Chance To Excape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Key Essential Causes Of A Sexless Marriage. by JustcallmeFavou(f): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
A lot of marriages are sexless these days. One would ask, what could possibly be the key essential causes of a sexless marriage?

And why on earth would two love birds, who were once upon a time, so madly in love with each other, are suddenly not attracted to each other anymore?

Marriage experts and councilors have often said Marriage ain't a bed of roses. It comes with it's highs and lows.

But should a sexless marriage, be one of the thorns one needs to cut-off, or always prune so it doesn't overly grow to the point of it pricking ones fingers?

Having intimacy with your partner, asides the aim of procreation, helps rekindle the love flames.

It helps bring your hearts closers everytime if, in anyway it's drifting apart slowly, due to the overwhelming issues of life, and what have you.

When all the above is suddenly missing, it means one is in the marriage, as flat mates or as bedmates, without having any bond, or feeling any attractive connections with your spouse/partner.

Before a marriage becomes sexless, somethings were gradually amiss that both partners, didn't take notice of. And could have lead to the once so highly placed, and high hopes of a marriage to gradually become sexless. One would ask perhaps they didn't follow the essential rules of a lasting romantic relationship. In cases like this, there are so many factors involved. Kindly read on, to know these essential factors.

Below are the few but, key essential causes of a sexless marriage;

1. The 'In love' feeling has frizzled out

The feeling of being in love with someone is so thrilling, enchanting, and crazy. When in love, you can't seem to get enough of your partner each passing day, and other goodness that comes with the in love feeling.

If only the in love feeling most times last forever. Then it's very crucial for both partners to know, being in love is not the basis for marriage. Having this knowledge,most couples won't have a sexless marriage few years into the marriage.

2.  Knowing your partner for who they truly are

Marriage in the first place, brings two individuals from different backgrounds, and with different views, about life together as one. In some marriages, some couples over time would say they never saw a negative part of their partner.

Hence, the traits that were in the partner, that made the other partner fall in love, and eventually got married to  them, was actually a mirage or something they overlooked.

Therefore, those new traits they now see in their partners, has made them less attractive as they once were, which in turn if not told to them in love, it gradually leads to a sexless marriage.

3. Incessant Arguments over issues

Incessant argument every now and then, brings division and strife between individuals, who are in a casual Relationship.

Talk less, of a set of married couples who, had vowed to love and cherish each other and live happily ever after.

When incessant arguments,and inconsiderate behaviours from your partner is not checked, and avoided or curtailed, over time they tend to lead to a sexless marriage, because it gradually breeds resentment between the partners involved.

4. Keeping Unnecessary Grudges

Keeping of grudges most times leads to malice. Which in turn, makes one feel withdrawn and bitter towards, the partner one is angry with. In the process of being withdrawn, you wouldn't want to be in talking terms with your partner.

And when not, in talking terms with your spouse due to hoarding of grudges, it tends to remove every form of you two being attracted to each other intimately. And if the issue ain't sorted out, it would lead to a sexless marriage.

5. A sexless Marriage could be due to Archaic Bedmantic Styles

Another key essential causes of a sexless marriage is an Archaic  bedmantic styles. The world is evolving with new things being in Vogue, things trending, ranging from the fashion world, to technology, and a whole lot more.

If in ones marriage, one is still practicing the same bedmantic styles year in and year out. Over time, being attracted towards your partner and wanting an intimate moment with them,  becomes so boring.

Which leads to the marriage becoming sexless.  Because, each partner already knows what to expect from the other.

6. The cause of a sexless Marriage could be either partner has a very low/high Libido

This is another key essential cause of a  sexless marriage. Sometimes, a couple might be lucky to marry a partner whose libido compliments theirs.

On the other hand, a whole lot are not. In the sense that, one of the partners might have a very high libido, and the other a very low libido.

The partner with a low libido, might or doesn't know how to satisfy the other partners needs. Hence they, try to avoid the aspect of getting very intimate, which eventually might lead to a sexless marriage in the union.

7. Being so busy with work

This is one of the key essential cause that, has lead to marriages being sexless, and eventually broken.

Don't get me wrong, of course work is very very essential. It's a means to provide the basic needs for your spouse/family as a man.

On the other hand, with the issue of gender equality, which every woman is trying to make something for themselves which is very good. They should see and know reasons on when to draw the line,so it doesn't affect their Marriages. 

If over time, both partners don't accurately check and balance work affairs with enough romance in their marriage, they tend to drift apart. And when this happens, too often than normal, a sexless Marriage is surely to set in.

8. Comparing your partner to an Ex

The whole idea of comparing your partner, to an ex is enough to dry off every oil of romance and thought of intimacy. Most partners, are sometimes fond of, comparing their present partners to an ex or old lover.

By telling them how, they missed their ex partners, and talking about moments they had together. This also causes a sexless marriage. Because your present partner might feel withdrawn and start doubting your love and affection for them.

9. Not being Hygienic and Appealing anymore

Another very key essential cause of a sexless Marriage is not being Hygienic and appealing to your spouse.

Lower animals for instance, are attracted to the opposite sex of the same specie, through the excretion of pheromones and other sweet bodily appealing scents.

Most couples would say they are married hence, they don't need to overly look good or look appealing anymore to their spouse/partner. Why wouldn't you be

They tend to, relax in taking very very good care of themselves. This thought alone, would make your  partner who expects more from you to start with, to have very low intimate urges towards you.

In the sense that, they no longer see what attracted them to you before marriage anymore. Which in turn leads to a lesser intimate moments or a sexless marriage.

In addition, it's everyone's dream to have a sweet, enchanting, and a blissful Marriage aaccompanied with a happily ever after, with whom you love or want to have a lasting romantic relationship with.

If both partners can strive to at least work on themselves, curtail or avoid most things listed above, there would be less or none of the issues of a sexless Marriage in the society.

You will also be interested in

https://elizegan.com/lasting-romantic-relationship/

https://elizegan.com/emotional-questions-to-ask-a-cheating-partner/
Re: Key Essential Causes Of A Sexless Marriage. by meobizy(f): 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
In all my relationships the only true time I was eager to sink my thing into her deep was the first attempt. When sex became regular I grew tired. Mind you, I grew tired from our second attempt onwards. I do not want to imagine a life of marriage; it’s no wonder even the most loyal of men will jump at an outside offer if it presents itself.
Re: Key Essential Causes Of A Sexless Marriage. by iTroll: 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
meobizy:
In all my relationships the only true time I was eager to sink my thing into her deep was the first attempt. When sex became regular I grew tired. Mind you, I grew tired from our second attempt onwards. I do not want to imagine a life of marriage; it’s no wonder even the most loyal of men will jump at an outside offer if it presents itself.
Do you think marriage is all about sex?
So because of a cheap thing called sex, you will forgo an institution that has diligently ensured the survival of our species?

1 Like

Re: Key Essential Causes Of A Sexless Marriage. by JustcallmeFavou(f): 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
meobizy:

This mentality is so wrong in all ramifications

1 Like

Re: Key Essential Causes Of A Sexless Marriage. by JustcallmeFavou(f): 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
iTroll:

Do you think marriage is all about sex?
So because of a cheap thing called sex, you will forgo an institution that has diligently ensured the survival of our species?

Well, no one knows what he is truly going through though. It is well
Re: Key Essential Causes Of A Sexless Marriage. by anthonyuncle(m): 3:40am On Jun 20, 2020
partners should know if they are sexually compatible with each other before getting married,

it's very important
Re: Key Essential Causes Of A Sexless Marriage. by JustcallmeFavou(f): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2020
anthonyuncle:
partners should know if they are sexually compatible with each other before getting married,

it's very important
True

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Recheal Okonkwo Aka Nkoli Nwa Nsukka's Mother Is Dead!!! / South African Ladies Go Fully Unclad In This Video 18+ / Bleep Your Sister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.