Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra (50453 Views)

Okechukwu Osuji Extradited From Malaysia After Being Found Guilty Of Scam / Nigerian Man Extradited From Malaysia Convicted For $6.3m Fraud In US / Abubakar Umar: How Kidnapper Made N120 Million From Kidnapping In 6 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Goddys(m): 9:07am On Jun 20, 2020
why arrest a lawyer that got an order to unfreeze the money. The lawyer is clearly acting her role. What illegality did she perpetuate? They could have also gone ahead to arrest the judge that ordered the account to be unfrozen...
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by gnykelly(m): 9:07am On Jun 20, 2020
Hedonisco:
Annoying country. You don't know the source of the money and yet you're rushing to freeze the account, initiate forfeiture processes, and arrest the poor woman. Have you established that the money was proceeds of crime?

So someone abroad cannot send money to his own mother again. Everybody must remain poor. Stupid idiots.

even abike dabiri said not every Nigerian is into fraud

1 Like

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by TuneOG(m): 9:09am On Jun 20, 2020
Nigga suppose use bitcoin collect all his money �.
No stress no issue
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by LaIabobo: 9:10am On Jun 20, 2020
Hedonisco:

ICPC received a petition about the money in the account NOT about its source or any so-called transaction. So the only 'crime' here is that the woman had x amount on her account.

Having such money is not a crime, not being able to explain the source is the crime.
The first point of enhanced due diligence is the source of income/inflow. The transaction is a strange one because of the woman is a primary school teacher.
Laslas they've withdrawn the money already and they'll settle it with ICPC
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Hedonisco: 9:11am On Jun 20, 2020
SATANNIST:
i wonder o. i was expecting some valid fraud reason for seizng the money. the think say the boy go malaysia to go count stones?

That's the problem with these fools in Nigeria's security agencies. When they can't find any crime to pin you down with, they use that nebulous and ridiculous charge they call 'money laundering'. What is money laundering? You haven't established that the source of the money is illegal, yet you're making stupid assumptions because you expect people to remain poor and miserable. Bastards.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by larrypeace(m): 9:12am On Jun 20, 2020
emaxjey:
shocked
Where the boy see that kind money in the first place.. he con use him mama account wire am ..

Their Ancestors send the money to take care of the boy
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Misterdhee1(m): 9:13am On Jun 20, 2020
propsvilla3:
Hope proper investigation was carried out before the arrest. Because 500 million might sound so big in our ears but not so when. Changed to dollars. One better business deal like Real Estate deals can fetch you that money.
What are you saying? That's over 1.2 million dollars.
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by greypencils: 9:14am On Jun 20, 2020
Kelvin30286063:
The question is why can't a Nigerian singlehandedly have 550 million if the country is good? So if I make money abroad, I can't send it home again? I'll still be in trouble for sending money to my own country.
What I think is, some people somewhere wanted a cut of the cake but when they didn't get it, they decided to deal with the boy and the mother.
If you make legit money abroad, irrespective of whether you send it to your own account or a family members account, you have a source of income and you should be bold enough to defend it if you are invited. What is fishy here is that the boy is 24 without any known source of income, if he is clean, let him come down and defend himself, it's that simple.

1 Like

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Misterdhee1(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

MY BROTHER 550 MILLION NARIA IS ONLY 1.2 MILLION DOLLAR

PEOPLE GET THAT IN WALL STREET AS A YEARLY BONUS I MEANT BLACKS I MUST ADD

IF YOU GUYS ONLY KNOW WHAT BUHARI IS DOING TO NIGERIA ECONOMY AND AS WELL ITS FUTURE WE WILL WEEP

SHEBI THIS MORNING FORMER EMIR OF KANO WAS TELLING US THAT TESLA AS A CAR COMPANY ANNUAL SALES IS EVEN BIGGER THAT YEARLY NIGERIA BUDGET

NARIA HAVE GONE TO THE DOGS

PLEASE LEAVE THE WOMAN ALONE WHEN PEOPLE HUSTLE ESCAPE THIS PRISON CALLED NIGERIA . OUR FULANI GOVERNMENT WILL NOT EVEN ALLOW THEM TO BRING BACK THE BADLY NEEDED DOLLARS FOR US AGAIN

Stop making unfounded claims in the name of facts. How many Americans even make 1.2 million dollars per year talk more of getting it as yearly bonus? Haaba

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by anonymous1759(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2020
Missyajoke:
It's this kind of people that make legit people look stupid cry cry cry cry
They'll start shouting God win. Thief ole carry and go

Goan sleep jare your concern should be your politicians intimidating you. You're just a busybody. Instagram big boys don't make me feel bad, mind your hustle don't hide your badbelle under the disguise of a Legit Hustler.

Your shouldn't be worried about someone's life style if you're serious in life ,mind you only the people you voted for are accountable to you.

1 Like

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Hedonisco: 9:15am On Jun 20, 2020
LaIabobo:

Having such money is not a crime, not being able to explain the source is the crime
The first point of enhanced due diligence is the source of income/inflow. The transaction is a strange one because of the woman is a primary school teacher.

At the bolded, according to which law exactly? Cite that law here. You people just make wild and ridiculous claims.

The onus of proof is always on the accuser. I can't bother to explain nonsense to anyone, and I'm under no compulsion to do so. ICPC should do the hard work of investigating whether a crime has been committed and taking action based on the outcome of that investigation. You can't just arrest a person and rush to the media to shout money laundering because you saw money in someone's account.

Besides, the woman has already stated the money was sent from her son OVERSEAS. Doing business abroad. Is that not enough explanation? Would you start asking every Nigerian abroad to explain what they do for a living before remitting their hard earned money home?

This whole nonsense is annoying.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by sulaak(m): 9:15am On Jun 20, 2020
Hedonisco:
Annoying country. You don't know the source of the money and yet you're rushing to freeze the account, initiate forfeiture processes, and arrest the poor woman. Have you established that the money was proceeds of crime?

So someone abroad cannot send money to his own mother again. Everybody must remain poor. Stupid idiots.

Try and think before you write, any irregular activity in your bank account must trigger an investigation, that is the law in the country to prevent Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of illicit funds. We have these laws in Europe, the Americas and Asia. That's why criminals use offshore accounts to transfer and hide illicit funds

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 20, 2020
see as dis were disgrace his mama and entire generation.
d woman will never forgive him.
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Midex88(m): 9:18am On Jun 20, 2020
dazzlingd:
The truth will come out later, now I know that not everything we read on the media is exactly true..
Some false allegations here!

What do you mean
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by propsvilla3: 9:18am On Jun 20, 2020
Misterdhee1:

What are you saying? That's over 1.2 million dollars.
Yes and Yes
One deal can yeild you that money
I mean big deal in just Real Estate
Do you know how much Politicians make when budgets are inflated
Do you even know how much Tech guys have cashed out by selling just one single App.
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Goalnaldo(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2020
FlordFlorez:
yes but if she had questioned her child & reject such money, she would've averted this shameless arrest.
how will she have known? Her son would have told her mummy send your account I want to send you money. And happily, like everyone else she sent him the account. The boy is just a foolish son who want to put his mother in trouble. Why not send her in small fractions like 1m or 500k. No one would have suspected.
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Hedonisco: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2020
sulaak:

Try and think before you write, any irregular activity in your bank account must trigger an investigation, that is the law in the country to prevent Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of illicit funds. We have these laws in Europe, the Americas and Asia. That's why criminals use offshore accounts to transfer and hide illicit funds

Don't be stupid. You should try to think before quoting someone smarter than you.

Irregular activity should trigger an investigation. That's not the point. I know about the so-called money laundering laws more than you do. Has the investigation been done to ascertain the criminality or otherwise of the funds? Why should the ICPC arrest and detain the woman and then rush to the media to shout money laundering when it hasn't concluded investigation? Is that how it is done by competent security agencies in serious countries?

2 Likes

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by twnklshop: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2020
Mokason28:

Why are you on every post ? grin

Me sef I don dey wonder this thing. I have seen his posts on hundreds of threads and always on the first page. I wonder whether he sleeps.

1 Like

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by wiseone28: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
Damn niggaaar come and see how your co bomber disgraced his mom. Will you call him a real nigga or a fake nigaaar??
Stop doing copy copy e no good for your health.
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by spiritmasquerad(m): 9:23am On Jun 20, 2020
Hedonisco:

U people alway say in a sane country this & that, this is exactly wat would happen if it was a sane country

2 Likes

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by SmartPolician: 9:26am On Jun 20, 2020
Hedonisco:

Calm down

For them to move the money at once shows that they have some crocodile in the closet

I know that the EFCC can be very unprofessional a lot of times, but where can a boy of 24 get 550m from?

Huncle, we are talking about more than half a billion naira here.

For this hard country where companies start graduate with 50k and the federal government borrow traders 10k?

1 Like

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by FahBuLous: 9:28am On Jun 20, 2020
Dad, Mum and Friends in the house....
I'm in need of a job, I want a job to do so that I can save money for my Web designing training, the one I'm doing is paying me for 5k a month... Pls help....
I stay at Asaba and I live alone, how do I survive with this kind of salary?
My number is Zero Eight Zero Eight Nine Nine One Five Two Zero Seven....
Thanks in advance and God bless you...

1 Like

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by DoubleEngine007: 9:32am On Jun 20, 2020
wiseone28:
Stop doing copy copy e no good for your health.
I already know that you aren't healthy.. Because I only asked Mr Damn nigaar a question and he already answered me.. So ,go and continue your medication and stop being stupid. And I don't know who is deceiving you and making you believe you're wise.. When we see wise people ,we know them.. Not some idoits claiming wiseone28..

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by ufotty2001: 9:34am On Jun 20, 2020
The way the country is now.. it is far better I up N200m and spent it and serve in jail for 5yrs than returning the full amount to ICPC.
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Coldie(m): 9:35am On Jun 20, 2020
LaIabobo:

Having such money is not a crime, not being able to explain the source is the crime.
The thing here is the icpc is not even interested in hearing from the son, all they are interested in is her forfeiting the money.

The money is supposed to be frozen until they contact the son to come for explanation.

1 Like

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Bluffly: 9:35am On Jun 20, 2020
Hedonisco:

That is a pure money laundering and or suspected crime proceeds. It can be freezed based on the fact of the person possessing it is a paltry salary earner.

1 Like

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:36am On Jun 20, 2020
EVILFOREST:

....... a 24year old boy wired half a BILLION NAIRA into MOM's account and this is your statement.
You are part of the reason the country is messed up.
See how the IMAGE of NIGERIA has been destroyed abroad.
They need to prove the money is proceeds of fraud. A friend of mine based in Italy who buys palm oil and kernels in huge quantity and sells in foeign countries sent #200,000,000 to his mother to help him buy as he wasn't able to come back to Nigeria and buy as he normally does. The bank froze the money. It took 6 weeks before they lifted the restrictions to the account and by then most of the man's suppliers had sold to other people

1 Like

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by spiritmasquerad(m): 9:37am On Jun 20, 2020
catfrog10:
These "criminals" all they do is monitoring Igbo people accounts out of envy and laziness to make their own money. Have they arrested those Hausa-Fulani kids driving Ferrari, Lamborghini in Abuja with no source of income? Igbo businessmen and women are scared of even keeping money in Nigerian banks as EFCC and ICPC are watching their accounts 24/7. Any transfer, even from legitimate business, they will invite you to their office and force you to give them some share from it. Even if you tell them...this is business money for goods; they will still want share. Spits!

Watch as afonjas will start replying me; no other tribe will reply me but afonjas because they are have been trained to support evil meted on Igbos
Guy which kine of business did a primary school teacher doing that will give her 500mil? Don't let tribalism cloud ur judgment

1 Like

Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by Coldie(m): 9:37am On Jun 20, 2020
greypencils:
If you make legit money abroad, irrespective of whether you send it to your own account or a family members account, you have a source of income and you should be bold enough to defend it if you are invited. What is fishy here is that the boy is 24 without any known source of income, if he is clean, let him come down and defend himself, it's that simple.
How do u know he has no source of income, the boy go Malaysia go do wetin?

If the money is proceeds from crime they have to tell us the crime.

I am angry cause I know they just want to seize the money and share it amongst themselves
Re: ₦550 Million From Malaysia Found In A Teacher's Account In Anambra by ajl: 9:39am On Jun 20, 2020
Hedonisco:

Even if you work with oil company abroad, you cannot save up to $1 million in your life time except if you are an executive; or only if you don't touch your salary. It's only Nigerian medical doctors and few lawyer in USA or middle East that can have that kind of money. Not one hustling in Malaysia.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thief Caught On Arik Air Flight From Lagos To Abuja (Photos, Video) / Yahoo Boys Make Mockery Of EFCC — Say "Yahoo Money Too Sweet" / See The Thief Caught In My Area.(pics.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.