Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed (33164 Views)

Kachikwu: I Lost 6kg When We Tried To Remove Fuel Subsidy In 2016 / 'We Tried To Save Ambode, But He Wasn't Answering Our Calls'...Epe Elders. / Buhari Receives Osun Governor Elect Oyetola,aregbesola And Oshiomole(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by Bestman66: 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
If they care to listen. Lack of dispute resolution mechanism was what brought down PDP and Jonathan's government. APC now on same path.
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by tesppidd: 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
Dyke15:
They ve already may Oshiomole mad*4+4 is d code nw. Any IDIOT against it should lick high tension
It's Atiku versus Buhari all over again.

Una nor dey shame.

Una nor dey tire.
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by MajorOvakporaye(f): 12:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
useless Tony Momoh
stupid idiot!!!
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by slivertongue: 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
It depends on what they can do to ensure that they retain their support. They won all the 18 local governments; the House of Assembly seats, which is closer to the grassroots than any other. PDP took two senatorial seats and most of the House of Representatives seats in Edo State. PDP had more votes in the presidential election than the APC. So, PDP is not really a write off as such. But because of the problems they had, the party was too weak to win an election. Maybe the problems of the APC and the presence of Obaseki may strengthen them.

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by osazsky(m): 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2020
tesppidd:

Una nor dey shame.

Una nor dey tire.
y the insult...sir with all the current happenings now can u categorically tell me that apc has internal democracy.pls don't be biased...u can't control ur house but u want us to give u a full street to control..who does that
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by chukel(m): 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
tesppidd:

If it was you would you go?

The governor deliberately bypassed them and selected a speaker.
Then you want them to go and be sworn in.
And then a speaker that is not their choice will preside?

Once they allowed themselves to be sworn in, the speaker remains.

You think they are fools?

If the governor wanted true reconciliation he would have reconstituted the house afresh.

And let them collectively vote their speaker.

Clever by half!
finally, they were fools. Who did they do at the end of the day. Gradually the truth is coming out. If they were not happy with the choice of the speaker, they would have gingered for his impeachment, which can only be done when they are sworn in as members. They acted without sense. So they refused to be sworn in. They refused to represent their people and blamed obaseki. Were they elected to represent their people or tussle over speakership? Representation is primary. Principal membership is secondary. So momoh's account is right. You have confirmed they refused to be sworn in.

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by osazsky(m): 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
paulolee:
2 bitter enemies..only faith can reconcile both
fate
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2020
Obaseki is a Cancerian. All Cancer men are ingrates by birth. Don't ever in your life help a csncer male or a virgo male. They are both ingrates. Obaseki must lose the election.
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by osazsky(m): 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
michaelpop50:
Obaseki is a Cancerian. All Cancer men are ingrates by birth. Don't ever in your life help a csncer male or a virgo male. They are both ingrates. Obaseki must lose the election.
yoruba afonja slave typing from Lagos..how is o treck...ur shoes on it's own must have known the way to ur house....Benin is not Lagos.. south south is not west..when we dey tell una ..una ignore us..shey e don set...obeseki 1 ..oshiomole 1 1 -1...see how Adam's has reduced Tinubu with the whole of south south and north insulting him..this bullet could have been avoided

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by chukel(m): 1:48pm On Jun 20, 2020
tesppidd:

Una nor dey shame.

Una nor dey tire.
you don't even understand what's going on. Buhari isn't interested. He has his work to do.
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by osazsky(m): 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2020
chukel:
you don't even understand what's going on. Buhari isn't interested. He has his work to do.
they don't know Buhari.. someone that is not coming back...he should now involve himself considering his blood pressure.. he is even awear of how Tinubu and oshiomole were giving the real APC positions and ignoring those that came from CPC ..people that don't follow news in details will just think Lagos is Nigeria.. cuz tunubu migrated to Lagos..the drama has just started let us enjoy it while it unfolds..power will definitely go back to the north..
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by tesppidd: 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2020
chukel:
finally, they were fools. Who did they do at the end of the day. Gradually the truth is coming out. If they were not happy with the choice of the speaker, they would have gingered for his impeachment, which can only be done when they are sworn in as members. They acted without sense. So they refused to be sworn in. They refused to represent their people and blamed obaseki. Were they elected to represent their people or tussle over speakership? Representation is primary. Principal membership is secondary. So momoh's account is right. You have confirmed they refused to be sworn in.
1. 14 members on one side and 10 members on the other side.
How is it possible for 14 out of 24 members to impeach the speaker and replace him.
Does 14 make two-thirds of 24?

Those 14 law makers knew that once they allowed themselves to be sworn in, that's the end of everything.

The only way they thought they could pressure the governor to reconvene the house was by refusing to be sworn in.

Unfortunately it didn't work out because Obaskei exhibited the highest level of impunity and dictatorship by his action and got away with it because the man who's supposed to ensure party members are treated justly was slumbering in Aso Rock.

The biggest scandal of this Obaseki/Oshiomole beef is the commando-style election of speaker by 9 out of 24 members.
And of course people who hate this administration and hate Oshiomole have been clapping for Obaseki.

I wonder what people would have said if Buhari did what Obaseki did at the senate.

Hmm.

Dictatorship, Auticracy, General Buhari, Killing democracy.
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by chukel(m): 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2020
tesppidd:
1. 14 members on one side and 10 members on the other side.
How is it possible for 14 out of 24 members to impeach the speaker and replace him.
Does 14 make two-thirds of 24?

Those 14 law makers knew that once they allowed themselves to be sworn in, that's the end of everything.

The only way they thought they could pressure the governor to reconvene the house was by refusing to be sworn in.

Unfortunately it didn't work out because Obaskei exhibited the highest level of impunity and dictatorship by his action and got away with it because the man who's supposed to ensure party members are treated justly was slumbering in Aso Rock.

The biggest scandal of this Obaseki/Oshiomole beef is the commando-style election of speaker by 9 out of 24 members.
And of course people who hate this administration and hate Oshiomole have been clapping for Obaseki.

I wonder what people would have said if Buhari did what Obaseki did at the senate.

Hmm.

Dictatorship, Auticracy, General Buhari, Killing democracy.
what you are crying about is what every governor does. Is it right? No. But obaseki isn't the only one who did it. They all do it. Buhari allowed the Senate and reps to elect their own by themselves in 2015 with saraki emerging as Senate president. How did it end. He regretted it. We all know how the current national assembly principal officers emerged. They are rubber stamp of the executive. And things have been moving smoothly. Budget passed on time, approvals made with ease, screening of nominees done without backbiting etc. If this is obaseki's sin, then he did nothing wrong. All I see is that oshiomole wanted to control the assembly to use it to threaten obaseki when he fails to do his bid. From your account, obaseki did no wrong than try to protect and solidify his office.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by Masterkernel1: 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
tesppidd:
Buhari tried
Dangote tried
SP Lawal tried
Some Governors tried

They are requested Obaseki to properly inaugurate the house of assembly.

But Obaseki refused.

Time will tell, whom the gods want to destroy they first make mad.

You think Obaseki is a fool, so that the power drunk Oshiomhole can boot him out at anytime he wishes, right?

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by benzion72(m): 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
I just pray all PDP governor will pull resources together to fight APC rigging machine to guide against inconclusiveness Osun style
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by tesppidd: 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2020
Masterkernel1:

You think Obaseki is a fool, so that the power drunk Oshiomhole can boot him out at anytime he wishes, right?

Yet you were crying that Oshiomole worked against Obaseki's return ticket!

You think Oshiomole is a fool ba?

He should allow Obaseki become Governor so that he can stop him from entering Benin or refusing to swear in anybody that is Oshiomole's friend who wins an election right?
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by Karmaisme(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
michaelpop50:

See painment.

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by tesppidd: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
chukel:
what you are crying about is what every governor [s]does. Is it right? No. But obaseki isn't the only one who did it. They all do it. Buhari allowed the Senate and reps to elect their own by themselves in 2015 with saraki emerging as Senate president. How did it end. He regretted it. We all know how the current national assembly principal officers emerged. They are rubber stamp of the executive. And things have been moving smoothly. Budget passed on time, approvals made with ease, screening of nominees done without backbiting etc. If this is obaseki's sin, then he did nothing wrong. All I see is that oshiomole wanted to control the assembly to use it to threaten obaseki when he fails to do his bid. From your account, obaseki did no wrong than try to protect and solidify his of[/s]fice.
So Stop crying about Oshiomole using his power to deny Obaseki APC ticket.

Everybody does it.

Jonathan did it to Timpreye Silva in 2012.
Akume did it to Ortom in 2015.
Tinubu did it to Ambode in 2019.

So stop crying and abusing Oshiomole, he did it to protect himself.
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by rapid101(m): 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2020
tesppidd:
Use your brain and be not a hypocrite.

If it was you would you go?

The governor deliberately bypassed them and selected a speaker.
Then you want them to go and be sworn in.
And then a speaker that is not their choice will preside?

Once they allowed themselves to be sworn in, the speaker remains.

You think they are fools like you?

If the governor wanted true reconciliation he would have reconstituted the house afresh.

And let them collectively vote their speaker.

Clever by half!
mr know it all ode

now dat Ve refuse to d bidding of the governor or u forget in south side governors re all in all. advice dem to continue staying in abuja till der seat become vacant. mr ITK

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by Masterkernel1: 2:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
tesppidd:
Yet you were crying that Oshiomole worked against Obaseki's return ticket!

You think Oshiomole is a fool ba?

He should allow Obaseki become Governor so that he can stop him from entering Benin or refusing to swear in anybody that is Oshiomole's friend who wins an election right?

Carefully read through the interview, Momoh stated clearly that he appealed to Pro - Oshiomhole lawmakers in Abuja, to return to the chamber, but they insisted on certain modalities in place first.

Oshiomhole has exhibited high level of arrogance and overbearing attitude, this is not a military regime. I've seen party Chairmen, but I've never any with unguided utterances like Oshiomhole.

He wants to give a man who was elected by the people, Ambode's treatment, unfortunately it backfired.

Growing up in Anambra, I saw first class the hurrible effect of godfatherism, I will never support that. Schools were shutdown for months.

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by chukel(m): 2:37pm On Jun 20, 2020
tesppidd:
So Stop crying about Oshiomole using his power to deny Obaseki APC ticket.

Everybody does it.

Jonathan did it to Timpreye Silva in 2012.
Akume did it to Ortom in 2015.
Tinubu did it to Ambode in 2019.

So stop crying and abusing Oshiomole, he did it to protect himself.
look at this neophyte. Did I mention ticket anywhere in my comment? You are the hopeless wailer. Well, I never really expected sense from you. I engaged you to show others your stupidity which you have proven. You have proven the lawmakers refused to be sworn in. You have proven momoh's account of the story is true. You have also proven oshiomole was behind the fracas in the state assembly. Now swerve off.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by Dansuqi: 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
DenreleDave:
Those twins?

U can't settle them.. Their matter be like Peter and Paul plus Jude okoye... gringrin

Can someone help me with a clear picture of Obaseki and Ize iyamu...?

I can't distinguish BTW those two guys...

Pastor is more handsome
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by Dansuqi: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2020
benzion72:
I just pray all PDP governor will pull resources together to fight APC rigging machine to guide against inconclusiveness Osun style

Impossicant
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by tesppidd: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2020
chukel:
[s]look at this neophyte. Did I mention ticket anywhere in my comment? You are the hopeless wailer. Well, I never really expected sense from you. I engaged you to show others your stupidity which you have proven. You have proven the lawmakers refused to be sworn in. You have proven momoh's account of the story is true. You have also proven oshiomole was behind the fracas in the state assembly. Now swerve off. [/s]
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by tesppidd: 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
Masterkernel1:

Carefully read through the interview, Momoh stated clearly that he appealed to Pro - Oshiomhole lawmakers in Abuja, to return to the chamber, but they insisted on certain modalities in place first.

Oshiomhole has exhibited high level of arrogance and overbearing attitude, this is not a military regime. I've seen party Chairmen, but I've never any with unguided utterances like Oshiomhole.

He wants to give a man who was elected by the people, Ambode's treatment, unfortunately it backfired.

Growing up in Anambra, I saw first class the hurrible effect of godfatherism, I will never support that. Schools were shutdown for months.
Those lawmakers were not ready to have a speaker imposed on them that is why the refused to be sworn in.

It's silly for anybody to blame this on the 14 lawmakers when the governor shut 14 out in order to impose a speaker on them.

The right thing to do was not to ask the law makers to bend over and take it in the assss.

The right thing was to demand the governor to re-inaugurate the house from afresh.
Start from scratch!

Nobody should act like the governor is doing them a favour by asking them to come and get sworn in after his acts of autocracy and impunity.
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by Masterkernel1: 2:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
tesppidd:
Those lawmakers were not ready to have a speaker imposed on them that is why the refused to be sworn in.

It's silly for anybody to blame this on the 14 lawmakers when the governor shut 14 out in order to impose a speaker on them.

The right thing to do was not to ask the law makers to bend over and take it in the assss.

The right thing was to demand the governor to re-inaugurate the house from afresh.
Start from scratch!

Nobody should act like the governor is doing them a favour by asking them to come and get sworn in after his acts of autocracy and impunity.

Look! I won't shield ills, but I'm sure that the greed of both men tore there stands.
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2020
Karmaisme:

See painment.

It has nothing to do with pain. I'm only commenting from the angle of an Astrologist. All men under the sign Cancer are ungrateful. If you help them, they will surely betray you.
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
osazsky:
yoruba afonja slave typing from Lagos..how is o treck...ur shoes on it's own must have known the way to ur house....Benin is not Lagos.. south south is not west..when we dey tell una ..una ignore us..shey e don set...obeseki 1 ..oshiomole 1 1 -1...see how Adam's has reduced Tinubu with the whole of south south and north insulting him..this bullet could have been avoided

I pity you. I'm an Urhobo guy from warri. I have nothing to do with politics. I'm only stating the fact that Cancer zodiac signs are ingrates. They will alwys bite the finger that fed them.

The fued between Oshomole and Obaseki has everything to do with ungratefulness on the part of Obaseki.

Everything nor be fight.
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by tesppidd: 3:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
Masterkernel1:

Look! I won't shield ills, but I'm sure that the greed of both men tore there stands.
Kudos to you.

Respect!

The first person I've seen use this word "both"

Every other person I've been arguing with have been blatant refusing to agree that Obaseki did anything wrong.
To them he's been a saint in this saga.

To them Oshiomole is the devil for the way he has treated Obaseki.

But to them Obaseki is not the devil for the way he has treated the 14 duly elected law makers.

They have a good excuse for Obaseki but not for Oshiomole.
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by bizzibodi(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
DenreleDave:
Those twins?

U can't settle them.. Their matter be like Peter and Paul plus Jude okoye... gringrin

Can someone help me with a clear picture of Obaseki and Ize iyamu...?

I can't distinguish BTW those two guys...
Haba u cnt distinguished btw gorilla & monkey?
Re: Tony Momoh: We Tried Reconciling Obaseki And Oshiomole But We Failed by earnit1: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adolphus Wabara Buries Wife In Abia, As Ikpeazu, Uzodinma Mourn (Pictures) / A Short Story For Election Hoodlums / Hausa Residents Cry Out As Rivers Govt Demolishes Shanties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.