Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" (35278 Views)

Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients / He knows the consequences of touching you once you become a Citizen / Apostle Suleman On Coronavirus: "Permit Us To Heal & Pray For COVID-19 Patients" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Pauldollars(m): 12:40am On Jun 21, 2020
Okoeshin:
Pastor stop it na. I’m your member, you are making it difficult for us to defend you in public. If a fool keeps quiet for long, no one will really know he’s a fool.

Shey na tithe an offering wey you no see collect they affect your thinking ?

Comparing your Pastor to a Fool? And you're still going to his Church? U sef be grin

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by SeanBeezy(m): 12:41am On Jun 21, 2020
Image123:

Don't be ridiculous please. There's a reason Christians go to the hospital to give birth, do blood tests and other tests before marriage etc. Faith is not a substitute for commonsense. God gives the two. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
As if Christ was born in a hospital or Joseph sought after Mary's genotype before marrying her. Come on bro, how many times has God shown his supremacy over science that you still don't believe?
Sarah gave birth at old age, Jesus rose from the dead after 3 days, even here on nairaland, there was a news about a non compatible couple genotypically who got married and gave birth to healthy kids!
Baba things happen, God is supreme!

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by petra1(m): 12:44am On Jun 21, 2020
Image123:

The gift of faith is one of the gifts of the Spirit. Just like Rhema, it does not work every time or for every person. It is specific and time bound.
You don't go and walk on the river claiming Jesus told Peter to, you will drown and cause scoffers to make a mockery of the faith.

I agree with you

While it is possible for God to use someone to demonstrate His glory by touching and healing the sick. It is not a calling of every Christian every time. There is time for everything including this.

Jesus gave a mandate .

Luke 10:19
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by petra1(m): 12:48am On Jun 21, 2020
MasterRahl:
angry
LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!

Chris Oyakhilome should drive to the nearest COVID-19 quarantine facility. He should lay hands on at least two patients. Cameras should beam it live for all good Nigerians to watch.

After two weeks, he should be tested and if the results shows negative, then we will compel all pastors to follow suit.

Nonsense and Oshiomole's failed political career.

We have tried they did not allow access .

https://www.nairaland.com/5853558/covid-19-why-patients-not-allowed/3#90896227

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 12:51am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
So, because am spritual now, I shud go and be romancing the virus..and may I ask, how many isolation centers HV u been to yourself, as a senior spiritual fellow undecided undecided undecided.
Read what u typed, does it make any sense to you.. then if it does, there is fire on the mountain undecided undecided undecided

You are obviously ignorant of the power Jesus made available to Christians.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 21, 2020
ppogba:
"It doesn't require praying and fasting for you to cast out devil"-------- Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. (Rhapsody of Reality--- 1st April, 2020.

With the above, there is nothing the pastor says that CAN EVER surprise me again.

And who told you it requires Prayer and Fasting?
You err cos you know not!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 12:57am On Jun 21, 2020
petra1:

We have tried they did not allow access .

https://www.nairaland.com/5853558/covid-19-why-patients-not-allowed/3#90896227

Hmmmm. It's ok bro
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by stayclearofme: 1:00am On Jun 21, 2020
Stupid and idiotic pastor.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by MoneySavannah: 1:06am On Jun 21, 2020
Samsimple:
Even if you are a Christian please try to have common sense

Meanwhile

I will design a professional brand logo for you at an affordable price

For how much?

Estimate..
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Wisdom is the principal thing.

When Satan told Jesus to jump from the Pinnacle of the Temple, why didn't Jesus do it? If Jesus is our Model, then it must always be our watchword never to abuse privileges.

If you enter into a lion's den (without a need to) simply because Jesus Christ once told his disciples that He had given them power over snakes and serpents, then you are on a suicide mission because if the lions devour you, then that is tantamount to you committing suicide.

Practise social and physical distancing. Touching a Covid-19 patient just to demonstrate your faith is nothing but foolishness, and an act of tempting God.

Jesus didn't have to do it cos Satan was involved. Isn't walking on top of the sea more dangerous than jumping from a pinnacle?
Haven't you ever heard of John G Lake and many others?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by InvertedHammer: 1:34am On Jun 21, 2020
/
I support Chris on this one.
We need less of religious morons and what better way to eradicate them than goading them into playing with coronavirus. Unlike tithes, covid-19 is not very forgiving-- be stvpid and pay the ultimate price.

Yes. Mr or Miss Bible lunatic: Go ahead and touch coronavirus patients. Many Catholic priests in Rome fell. Many pastors fell. It is the turn of gullible weasels.

/
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 1:47am On Jun 21, 2020
supremenews:

Is that why we are here?

Partly yes. And then?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 1:58am On Jun 21, 2020
SeanBeezy:
As if Christ was born in a hospital or Joseph sought after Mary's genotype before marrying her. Come on bro, how many times has God shown his supremacy over science that you still don't believe?
Sarah gave birth at old age, Jesus rose from the dead after 3 days, even here on nairaland, there was a news about a non compatible couple genotypically who got married and gave birth to healthy kids!
Baba things happen, God is supreme!

God is Supreme and Wonderful, yes. i believe in and experience the miraculous. The point is that everybody does not have faith. The whole world cannot live on one person.

What i have faith for, you may not have faith for. And vice versa. So don't tell everyone to do things they cannot do.

David's faith didn't reach raising dead children, Elijah's faith did. The two of them are challenges to us all, but we don't live by them. It is to every man according to his faith.
You don't cause people to sin(whatever is not of faith is sin) by your personal strength. Paul was rugged, but Timothy was not. Paul told him to take other things for his sickness.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Image123(m): 2:05am On Jun 21, 2020
petra1:

I agree with you

Jesus gave a mandate .

Luke 10:19
19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

We both know that the disciples didn't go about literally treading on serpent and scorpions. If anyone breaks an hedge, the serpent will bite him.
Jesus Himself was never power drunk. He had power but had to depend on God not on power or mandate. It is foolish to do things simply because you have power to.

Jesus had power to call angels. He had power to turn stones to bread. But he also exercised wisdom. He was not a powerful bull in a China shop.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by saturnjay(m): 2:17am On Jun 21, 2020
Religion is one of our biggest problem in this country. This shouldn't be coming from an educated pastor. This is unpardonable. He is n architectural graduate, enlightened and exposed. Is this real? My father in law didn't believe corona virus exist until it knocked out three of his friends. They are all buried now. It is an invincible enemy that kill people. We should all be guided and be cautious. Stay safe. Stay alive. Avoid having covid-19.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by pfadom: 2:24am On Jun 21, 2020
Confusionist!! Please don't mislead the people.
Where then is social distancing protocol?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by nelsonoba: 2:43am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
See dear, let me tell you this in case you don't know.
Don't let any spiritual leader fool you, biko Nigerians are damn too gullible for my liking. undecided undecided undecided.
I am a Christian, and believe me, am a very spiritual fellow, but I can't cajole you with spirituality undecided undecided undecided. There is spirituality and there is reality.
Spirituality is that, God is powerful etc. But the reality is that God is not a Magician. There is a great difference btw God and magicians.
Don't dare God at all, we are talking about Virus here biko..( an intracellular obligate parasite).
Do you know what that means, of all microns, Virus is still the maddest, they HV no definite shape, they react anyhow..
I weak for this religious ppl hooo undecided undecided undecided

Madame, Pastor Chris was not talking to everybody. He was talking to church leaders who claim they were called by God. I know you are a faithless and powerless Christian, and it is understandable. I don't expect every Christian to have the faith and carry God's healing power that can do the impossible, but please clear out of the way let people that are called by God and also have the faith do what they need to do if required. The Jesus you claim to serve said clearly in his word that if you have faith and doubt not in your heart, you can command mountains to move in prayer, and they will be moved, AND NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO YOU. Some of us have not developed that faith yet, but let those who have developed it go and use it. If God could use Pastor Chris to open blind eyes and make crippled people walk again as we have seen so many times, the same God can still use him or any other genuine man of God to heal Coronavirus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Blitzerz: 3:06am On Jun 21, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It is so simple.

Pastor Chris could have demonstrated the faith by going to an isolation center in UK (not naija isolation center o grin) laying hands on the COVID19 patients with no glove or mask. Then wait for 14 days to say this he had said.

Action speaks louder than voice
Faith is more practical than verbal expression.
You touch covid 19 patients everyday
In case u don't know
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by moonraker(m): 3:07am On Jun 21, 2020
He has come again.
Previously he did a PowerPoint presentation on how 5g was spreading the virus, now this?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by therajah: 3:40am On Jun 21, 2020
kollinskollins:
A real man of faith can touch anything and it will not hurt him
If a real man of faith foolishly touches something dangerous, he will die!!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by PeachtreeReside(f): 4:07am On Jun 21, 2020
Pastor Chris's complaints about the non-reopening of Church shows him in an unpalatable light.

He is missing something that isn't about the Christian faith nor about fellowship with fellow believers.

He makes defending his stance so hard.

Let's endeavour to practice our Christian faith with sense, logic and practicality.

Heading to his call to attend physical services doesn't make us diffe rent from those who went into Lions' cages in zoos in order to test their faith.

A minute percentage survived the stupid way of testing their faith.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by k2money(m): 4:09am On Jun 21, 2020
They don dey rub our Jesus shit as usual. What he said is criminality offense.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by nurusystem(m): 4:10am On Jun 21, 2020
confusion every where
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by ofiko123(m): 4:31am On Jun 21, 2020
I came to read comments..
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by timesup234: 4:41am On Jun 21, 2020
SavageMaster:

You're not his member.

If you're truly a Christian, there are some statements you can't make on social media, no matter how wise you think you are, or how much you think your leader has "erred"

You even called your pastor a fool on Nairaland. Wow!!!

Case dismissed
But pastor Chris is a fool na and also a lying bastard
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Kekule11(m): 5:14am On Jun 21, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Anuoluwa1234:
Don't let any spiritual leader fool you, biko Nigerians are damn too gullible for my liking. undecided undecided undecided.
I am a Christian, and believe me, am a very spiritual fellow, but I can't cajole you with spirituality undecided undecided undecided. There is spirituality and there is reality.
Spirituality is that, God is powerful etc. But the reality is that God is not a Magician. There is a great difference btw God and magicians.
Don't dare God at all, we are talking about Virus here biko..( an intracellular obligate parasite).
Do you know what that means, of all microns, Virus is still the maddest, they HV no definite shape, they react anyhow..

Sister, check what you are believing. I doubt if you are as spiritual as you think.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by dangloove(m): 5:48am On Jun 21, 2020
Okoeshin:
Pastor stop it na. I’m your member, you are making it difficult for us to defend you in public. If a fool keeps quiet for long, no one will really know he’s a fool.

Shey na tithe an offering wey you no see collect they affect your thinking ?

its obvious you are not his member.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Okoeshin: 6:18am On Jun 21, 2020
dangloove:

its obvious you are not his member.

Lol
Before nko.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Okoeshin: 6:20am On Jun 21, 2020
Pauldollars:

Comparing your Pastor to a Fool? And you're still going to his Church? U sef be grin

Alright boss. I no go go again be that.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Enoch07: 6:28am On Jun 21, 2020
COdeGenesis:

Is this a joke?
no sir, why are you asking?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by iswallker(m): 6:30am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:

I'd love to experience this your spirituality - §first hand o - if you don't mind obliging me.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by awoluyi(m): 6:42am On Jun 21, 2020
Pastor, I have heard you but I will not touch any covid-19 patient. Because I know if Pastor Oyakhilome falls sick today, their (not his) church has money to fly him overseas for treatment while I may find it difficult to go for treatment in underequipped AanuOluwapo clinic in my neighborhood.
It is therefore my responsibility to use my commonsense in order to stay safe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Catholic Church In Yola Built A Mosque For Muslims - Bishop Mamza / RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" / Man Kills 'Witchcraft Cat' That Disrupts People's Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.