Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" (35258 Views)

Oyedepo: I Will Lay Bare Hands On COVID-19 Patients / He knows the consequences of touching you once you become a Citizen / Apostle Suleman On Coronavirus: "Permit Us To Heal & Pray For COVID-19 Patients" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by costandi(m): 6:48am On Jun 21, 2020
Okoeshin:
Pastor stop it na. I’m your member, you are making it difficult for us to defend you in public. If a fool keeps quiet for long, no one will really know he’s a fool.

Shey na tithe an offering wey you no see collect they affect your thinking ?
Defend wetin? You're not meant to defend him cos you can't. So go ahead and criticise him cos that's exactly the only thing you can do.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by annyz: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2020
Enoch07:
the lady above me is beautiful.

Wetin u go find for her profile this early morning?
Won't u comment on the thread, prepare and go to your place of worship?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by abodundef: 6:56am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
See dear, let me tell you this in case you don't know.
Don't let any spiritual leader fool you, biko Nigerians are damn too gullible for my liking. undecided undecided undecided.
I am a Christian, and believe me, am a very spiritual fellow, but I can't cajole you with spirituality undecided undecided undecided. There is spirituality and there is reality.
Spirituality is that, God is powerful etc. But the reality is that God is not a Magician. There is a great difference btw God and magicians.
Don't dare God at all, we are talking about Virus here biko..( an intracellular obligate parasite).
Do you know what that means, of all microns, Virus is still the maddest, they HV no definite shape, they react anyhow..
I weak for this religious ppl hooo undecided undecided undecided
You are filled with unbelief lady. Am not condemning you. Don't be religious dear.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Don't let any spiritual leader fool you, biko Nigerians are damn too gullible for my liking. undecided undecided undecided.
I am a Christian, and believe me, am a very spiritual fellow, but I can't cajole you with spirituality undecided undecided undecided. There is spirituality and there is reality.
Spirituality is that, God is powerful etc. But the reality is that God is not a Magician. There is a great difference btw God and magicians.
Don't dare God at all, we are talking about Virus here biko..( an intracellular obligate parasite).
Do you know what that means, of all microns, Virus is still the maddest, they HV no definite shape, they react anyhow..

Shut up there. If u have fed your spirit with the word of God u wudnt have yelled this nonsensical statement. What do u know abt Spirituality?
I bet u must have worshipping in Catholic church where they read little of the bible every year. Oga biko u r not spiritual if u believe not what the Pastor Chris said. U r still dancing the tune of canal world. Go feed ur spirit with the word of God. Jesus touched lepers and healed them. Biko stop deceiving pple with ur comment. U must not comment to avoid bn judged by God
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Enoch07: 6:58am On Jun 21, 2020
annyz:

Wetin u go find for her profile this early morning?
Won't u comment on the thread, prepare and go to your place of worship?
Bros next time before you type rubbish, check the day and time I made that comment pls. I beg you. happy Sunday, hope say u go enter church sha
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by EmekaBlue(m): 6:58am On Jun 21, 2020
lol...but they are not Jesus na
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Skymason20(m): 7:04am On Jun 21, 2020
MARKone:
He should go to isolation centers and start laying hands on the infected, faith indeed, yet he moves with bodyguards.
thou shall not test del lord ur God
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Infinixs5: 7:12am On Jun 21, 2020
Amotolongbo:
It is so simple.

Pastor Chris could have demonstrated the faith by going to an isolation center in UK (not naija isolation center o grin) laying hands on the COVID19 patients with no glove or mask. Then wait for 14 days to say this he had said.

Action speaks louder than voice
Faith is more practical than verbal expression.

he cant try it in Uk where people have sense naaaaaaaaa..its only in Nigeria
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by wristbangle: 7:18am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:

Beauty with brain. Neat intelligence, young lady
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
You sound you believe in God spirituality but your Faith is only in your imagination not in the reality of live... I believe and have faith the power of God can subdue and "ordinary virus".. the Bible say "fear not" not "fear some" bro.. from your post, I sense you fear the virus and you believe it's only the frontliners that can do the cure ...
God has done the one greater than that..and can sti do more than that ..
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by cobsol(m): 7:28am On Jun 21, 2020
Okoeshin:
Pastor stop it na. I’m your member, you are making it difficult for us to defend you in public. If a fool keeps quiet for long, no one will really know he’s a fool.

You are not his member you Idi0t
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
Did you even know you possess the power to raise dead in you... (This is not magic or juju) Jesus gave us the power... But we fail to exercise it, because we only believe but didn't have the faith it could be realistic....
That is why the fetish and babalawos are doing this to win more souls to the dark kingdom
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by AreaFada2: 7:31am On Jun 21, 2020
Okoeshin:

Oh boy you must defend him o.

Shebi anyone who disagrees is called atheist. grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 7:31am On Jun 21, 2020
kollinskollins:
A real man of faith can touch anything and it will not hurt him

Yes, same with walking on water as Peter did in Matthew 14:22-33. Right?

Anyway, did you observe that Peter never set his feet on water just because he had a surge of faith to do so? Read Matthew 14:28 and you would understand that though Peter was "a real man of faith", he got an INDISPUTABLE APPROVAL first from Jesus for the act (stepping on water) he was about to do ever before doing it, rather than being forward, stepping on water because he had faith.

As you must have observed, despite his faith, Peter only took that bold (suicidal) step on water BECAUSE of the INDISPUTABLE SPOKEN WORD OF JESUS (Not Written), WHICH WAS SPOKEN TO HIM ALONE AND AT THAT TIME ONLY and that (Spoken Word) was what actually sustained him on Water.

So any other disciple of Jesus in that boat who chose to do same just because Peter did it would have committed suicide unknowingly except for the mercies of God. Even Peter that had both faith and God's approval, almost sank (died) when one of the factors (his faith) started fading away but God's approval for that act remained because God is forever faithful even when man gets unfaithful, which was what Jesus used to rescue him from dying.

Finally, you would also observe that there was no other time Peter ever went back to stepping on water to prove whatever point to the public as a magician would gladly do. You know why? Because, though there are several exploits documented in the Bible that Jesus assured those who believe in Him would also be able to do, and even greater works according to John. 14:12; there is divine mandate (instruction) and spiritual order for them. It is not for funfair or show-business. That is, the Trinity - God Almighty (The Father), Jesus (The Son) and the Holy Spirit must want that spectacular miraculous act done in the first place and at that particular time, so as to fit perfectly in His Divine Plans/Purposes for such a period to the glory of His Holy Name alone.

So that is how a real man of faith goes about using his faith for self exploits God's exploits rather than tempting God with his forwardness as the devil was pushing (entrapping) Jesus to do in Matthew 4:5-7.

If you couldn't comprehend all that, the summary is:

"A real man of faith" shouldn't go touching things that will hurt him simply because he thinks he wouldn't be hurt for his faith's sake. Only God's spoken word (divine approval) at that moment, which cannot be argued nor disputed, should be the only reason why "a real man of faith" can go ahead to touch such. E.g. Acts 10:9-16.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by petra1(m): 7:33am On Jun 21, 2020
Image123:

We both know that the disciples didn't go about literally treading on serpent and scorpions. If anyone breaks an hedge, the serpent will bite him.

When a serpent bit paul he only shook it into the fire. Jesus said greater works shall we do. I'm not aware jesus will say a disease is contagious he wont pray. WhT have we turned christianity to
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 7:36am On Jun 21, 2020
Thanks ma,am
wristbangle:

Beauty with brain. Neat intelligence, young lady
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Originalmaya11(m): 7:44am On Jun 21, 2020
Nawa oo
This pastor chris no serious
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by BreconHills(m): 7:51am On Jun 21, 2020
kollinskollins:

A man of faith will also know that when God permits a plague in the world, he should stay in doors so that he can be alive to celebrate passover. God has deeper purposes than keeping people alive so they can attend a church service. Please read Exodus 12: 22 and the second quarantine after Noah.

"A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." Proverbs 22:3
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Gemez: 7:57am On Jun 21, 2020
Na table pastor Chris wan shake oooooo
It's True jor..........
The truth is bitter ......after all we are all preachers of faith
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by membranus: 7:58am On Jun 21, 2020
mrkings84:
Where are the patients? Me wanna rock with them

Go to the COVID 19 isolation centre in your state capital. The patients fill there berekete, waiting for you to come and ROCK with them.

Oya, oya, go there biko.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Glink2018(m): 7:58am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
I weak for this religious ppl hoooundecided undecidedundecided

Don't mislead the public about Christian beliefs. In spiritual matters, there are levels. By their fruits, you shall know them.
You may not comprehend the level from which the servant of God speaking to his congregation because you have not attained to such level. Bible says many are called but few are choosing (1 Corinthians 2:14 ) many believers like you are worldly believers who want to be interpreting spiritual matter.
I just want to ask. ...Since you got born again, how many people have God used you to heal from sickness or diseases?/nobody.....Because you can't do something doesn't reduce everybody to.your level.
I'm not a member of Christ embassy church but when a man of God is speaking something that is scriptural and spiritual, we Christians need to expatiate on it and not to condemn it
John.G. Lake (South African) of blessed memory has a covenant of divine health and some other mature Christian in our age and time.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by mrkings84(m): 8:00am On Jun 21, 2020
membranus:

Go to the COVID 19 isolation centre in your state capital. The patients fill there berekete, waiting for you to come and ROCK with them.

Oya, oya, go there biko.

Audio patients, audio virus, audio isolation center..
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Kimzy56: 8:01am On Jun 21, 2020
Is he okay??the same scripture said you must not put your God to the test,so because you believe in Christ you'll deliberately engage in Acts that could take your life??
Why not sleep on the express way since you believe in Christ and no harm will affect you
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Nobody: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2020
Happycharles:

An idiot like me does!
good for you
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by steemlord: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:

you reasoning is canal, extremely canal. you are not a Christian, you are just religious. know the deference. enjoy your likes.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by SirMichael1: 8:17am On Jun 21, 2020
MasterRahl:
angry
LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!

Chris Oyakhilome should drive to the nearest COVID-19 quarantine facility. He should lay hands on at least two patients. Cameras should beam it live for all good Nigerians to watch.

After two weeks, he should be tested and if the results shows negative, then we will compel all pastors to follow suit.

Nonsense and Oshiomole's failed political career.
Sir, Covid-19 is not contractable by physical touch, hence touching a sick patient does not mean I'll get infected, except if the droplets falls on my hand and I then touch my mouth, nose or eyes. For starters, it's first a respiratory sickness before it begins to damage internal organs.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Okoeshin: 8:28am On Jun 21, 2020
cobsol:

You are not his member you Idi0t
Bro calm down na. Mad man came on the day of your naming ceremony ? Why are you so aggressive?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by Okoeshin: 8:29am On Jun 21, 2020
AreaFada2:

Oh boy you must defend him o.

Shebi anyone who disagrees is called atheist. grin

Baba mi. Na only lower division diseases we fit cure. Manual for curing COVID-19 on our altars never comot.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by BluntTheApostle(m): 8:33am On Jun 21, 2020
Geoangel:

Jesus didn't have to do it cos Satan was involved. Isn't walking on top of the sea more dangerous than jumping from a pinnacle?
Haven't you ever heard of John G Lake and many others?

But He could have if He were Oyakhilome.

When Satan suggested putting Job through trials, did God not play along? So, it is not about the Devil, but the one being subjected to a test or temptation.

Wisdom is the principal thing, my friend. Even though we have been given power over snakes and scorpions, we still need to apply wisdom in the form of caution.

You can't start abusing privileges by looking for snakes and scorpions to thread on. The fact that Daniel survived in the lion's den or that Jesus rose from the dead, does not mean we should go and enter into a lion's den or provoke our neighbors into killing us so that we can rise from the dead like our Lord.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by splashbaby(m): 8:34am On Jun 21, 2020
Enoch07:
the lady above me is beautiful.
I agree, she's also intelligent too

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by DarkJeddi(m): 8:40am On Jun 21, 2020
kollinskollins:
So what are you waiting for?

Start laying hands..

Whilst you are at it..

Maybe you should also test your faith by injecting yourself with a vial of HIV infected blood.. grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome: "You Shouldn't Be Afraid Of Touching COVID-19 Patients" by DavidEsq(m): 8:52am On Jun 21, 2020
Anuoluwa1234:
In Luke 4:9-12, Jesus sets down a biblical warning/principle, that we must never deliberately embark upon harmful acts in the hope that God would save us. Knowing that this virus is deadly, yet this man says this, only shows all the more how the Bible continues to expose false prophets/false religion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

RCCG Pastor Mike Nwanegbo: "God Banned Friend’s Wife From Heaven Over Tithe" / The "Small Sin" That Will Send The Most People To Hell-fire. / 'The Pulpit' By Ngozi Edemba 'Female Oracle Of God' Launched (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.