Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Why Are Nigerians Like This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerians Like This? (878 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerians Like To Reduce Their Ages? / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? / Man Apologizes To His Wife After Seeing Her Like This At Home (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2020
This supposed friend of mine got in touch with me after many years. His older brother was more closer to me back then. Recently he collected my number from his older brother. We talked and laughed and reminisced on old times. I made a grave mistake by telling him my current status. Then he tabled his problem to me, immediately I transferred money to him to keep up for the mean time and I promised to fix him up with something soon so he can get busy. Why I helped him with the money was because he sounded hard working and promising.

Few days later he begged for subscription money, I recharged him. Two weeks later he came up with accommodation problem that the person he's staying with wants him to leave. I'll hate to leave him stranded out there, I helped him with money to relocate and pay house rent for 3months before he can get something doing. He's in another state and I don't even plan on seeing him or having him come over to where I stay but I really wanted to help him.

Few days after he got settled at the new place he called to tell me he was robbed at the new place that he no longer have a phone and he put SIM card in someone's phone to reach me. He also lamented that he doesn't have any money left to feed because they robbed him of everything. I sent him money again to keep up.

How did all this problems start coming up immediately we started talking? I haven't seen him since 2017, and when we saw it was on the road. A Hi-hi thingy. Right now my phone doesn't rest anymore because he's begging me to help him with money to buy phone.

Is it a crime to help someone? I stopped talking to him and leave him to his fate because I don't want to believe I'm being used even if he's going through all this should he weigh everything on me?

Does this even sound genuine? Or his village people are collaborating with my village people to drain me?

Edited: I didn't see him as someone that will use me. I can tell when someone isn't genuine but this one shock me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Khonifer: 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2020
My landlady said I should pack out and I have no where to stay tongue
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
If you have give out my brother but always tell him what’s on your mind ..there is a saying that givers never lack and beggars always ask but if givers no use sense e go lack now o ...

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Candoit: 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2020
Let's just say he has found his help in times of need.
Until you teach him how to fish, he'd keep coming for more fish.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 20, 2020
Khonifer:
My landlady said I should pack out and I have no where to stay tongue
lol. Sorry o. Kpele
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2020
Candoit:

all these plenty needs on me? Is that how people ask for help? Anyone that keeps asking for help this way can't go far in life. Because his mind and eyes are in someone else's purse already.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Khonifer: 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
Carchoice:
lol. Sorry o. Kpele

My laptop too entered water last night embarassed
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by hisgrace090: 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
Mind you that foolishness leads people into fraudulent lifestyle.

He is just one of those that do abuse opportunity without any regards.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
Khonifer:

My laptop too entered water last night embarassed
tomorrow morning you should naqed the laptop and sun it. Make e dry. But don't sleep tonight. Pray fervently the laptop comes back to life tomorrow.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Khonifer: 6:20pm On Jun 20, 2020
Carchoice:
tomorrow morning you should naqed the laptop and sun it. Make e dry. But don't sleep tonight. Pray fervently the laptop comes back to life tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the advice sir. But no food in the house to give me strength to pray.

My mother’s sister’s neighbor is sick and no money for hospital bill

Yesterday as I was fighting with landlady a snake bit me and no money to pay people to kill the snake

On my way to the market day before yesterday I broke windscreen no money to replace it embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2020
hisgrace090:
Mind you that foolishness leads people into fraudulent life.
im still wondering what is really going on. Do people ask for help this way? Not once, not twice. I even promised to fix him up and I was damn serious about it. He didn't even exercise patience to see where it leads. And he was living and breathing before he linked with me his now ordained savior. The last call he made to me was he won't leave me that I should help him with phone

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2020
Khonifer:

Thank you very much for the advice sir. But no food in the house to give me strength to pray.

My mother’s sister’s neighbor is sick and no money for hospital bill

Yesterday as I was fighting with landlady a snake bit me and no money to pay people to kill the snake

On my way to the market day before yesterday I broke windscreen no money to replace it embarassed
lol. The gods need you as sacrifice. They are really angry with you. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by othermen: 6:24pm On Jun 20, 2020
Run.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Candoit: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
Carchoice:
all these plenty needs on me? Is that how people ask for help? Anyone that keeps asking for help this way can't go far in life. Because his mind and eyes are in someone else's purse already.

You are very correct. Just do your bit as a human. If you can fix him up soon as you promised .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Khonifer: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2020
Carchoice:

So no help? undecided

Mtchewwww Abeg dey go joorh
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by hisgrace090: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2020
Carchoice:
im still wondering what is really going on. Do people ask for help this way? Not once, not twice. I even promised to fix him up and I was damn serious about it. He didn't even exercise patience to see where it leads. And he was living and breathing before he linked with me his now ordained savior. The last call he made to me was he won't leave me that I should help him with phone

I wornder how often people do mistake foolishness as wisdom.

I'm sure he never saw himself making a costly mistake do to his arrogant quest to make cheap money for squandering.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by cococandy(f): 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2020
Candoit:

It’s not OPs responsibility to teach him how to fish

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by cococandy(f): 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2020
Carchoice:

Short term satisfaction mentality
I bet if you try to set him up with a business or
something that’s meant to last for a while, he won’t be able to sustain it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by bukatyne(f): 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
It will shock you that if you land his house unannounced, you will find him wolfing down food you cannot afford to eat. grin

Thankfully, you have learnt from your grave mistake: Telling him your current status undecided

If you didn't want him to dig with his long spoon, I am wondering why you told him.

Dude might even be doing better than you.

'If your yam is white, cover it gently in your palm and eat it.'

'Aye o fe ni foro afi ori eni.'

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Candoit: 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2020
cococandy:

It’s not OPs responsibility to teach him how to fish
It's not. But he has already promised the guy.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Amanee(f): 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2020
You have a kind heart and it's unfortunate your friend is an opportunistic parasite

Please cut the leech off

Block his number and delete him from your life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Fidelismaria: 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2020

what can I say?

your friend is using you and you know it

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Vyolet(f): 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
I have someone like that too, I give if I have, other times, I just tell her I don't have.
This your friend has no shame though, he has seen atm.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Hathor5(f): 6:54pm On Jun 20, 2020
Can't you see how you enable and encourage the behavior you complain about?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Ishilove: 7:04pm On Jun 20, 2020
You are his divine helper grin

Your friend is shameless. I can understand asking for assistance to settle pressing needs but leeching off someone's good will is just disgusting.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Klass99(f): 7:20pm On Jun 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2020
Carchoice:
Once they table a problem, you sef table a bigger problem. Lolzzz. I thought men don't leech off their fellow men undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Oluromantic: 7:35pm On Jun 20, 2020
Even if its genuine, you're still been manipulatively defrauded. You come ur life, he come him life. Helping shd not be a burden. Stop helping him ASAP

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by faithfull18(f): 7:53pm On Jun 20, 2020
At title, na so.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 20, 2020
Klass99:
@ Carchoice,

This Edo man grin, how can you allow someone coba you like this?

I just dey laugh as I dey read your story.
lol. I thought I was helping a brother o. Things are hard, I took that into consideration
Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Klass99(f): 8:04pm On Jun 20, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Have A GIRL Child, Read This !!!!!! / . / 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.