Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Why Are Nigerians Like This? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nigerians Like This? (888 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerians Like To Reduce Their Ages? / Can You Punish A Cheating Wife Like This?? / Man Apologizes To His Wife After Seeing Her Like This At Home (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Like This? by Houseofglam7(f): 8:46pm On Jun 20, 2020
Carchoice:
This supposed friend of mine got in touch with me after many years. His older brother was more closer to me back then. Recently he collected my number from his older brother. We talked and laughed and reminisced on old times. I made a grave mistake by telling him my current status. Then he tabled his problem to me, immediately I transferred money to him to keep up for the mean time and I promised to fix him up with something soon so he can get busy. Why I helped him with the money was because he sounded hard working and promising.

Few days later he begged for subscription money, I recharged him. Two weeks later he came up with accommodation problem that the person he's staying with wants him to leave. I'll hate to leave him stranded out there, I helped him with money to relocate and pay house rent for 3months before he can get something doing. He's in another state and I don't even plan on seeing him or having him come over to where I stay but I really wanted to help him.

Few days after he got settled at the new place he called to tell me he was robbed at the new place that he no longer have a phone and he put SIM card in someone's phone to reach me. He also lamented that he doesn't have any money left to feed because they robbed him of everything. I sent him money again to keep up.

How did all this problems start coming up immediately we started talking? I haven't seen him since 2017, and when we saw it was on the road. A Hi-hi thingy. Right now my phone doesn't rest anymore because he's begging me to help him with money to buy phone.

Is it a crime to help someone? I stopped talking to him and leave him to his fate because I don't want to believe I'm being used even if he's going through all this should he weigh everything on me?

Does this even sound genuine? Or his village people are collaborating with my village people to drain me?

Edited: I didn't see him as someone that will use me. I can tell when someone isn't genuine but this one shock me

Dayummmmmm!
Get another number....just disappear before he drains the life outta you

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Lot Of Daddies / What Do You Think People Need To Know About Each Other Before They Get Married? / Her Boss Dumped Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.