Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? (1049 Views)

I Sent Her Out Of My House Late In The Night: Did I Do The Right Thing? / Truth You Learnt As An Adult / What Is The Biggest Lesson You Learnt From A Past Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by AristocraticMe: 1:13am On Jun 21, 2020
What are unspoken rules you learned too late in life?

Never talk about your achievements, Nobody likes a bragger, People get jealous.

Never date any of your friends’/cousins’/siblings’ exes! messy situations.

Have a plan. 8 am breakfast, 1 pm lunch, 4 pm snack, 8 pm dinner. A calendar helps in keeping track.

Play dumb sometimes. People tell you a lot of things when they think you are not very smart, gives you an advantage.

Every situation is not aced by doing the right thing and hard work… you need to do more. (So, you network.) Having notes, heads up on assignments, idea about the same professor taking a test in a different class, behaviour pattern… helps you. I am not saying it is always moral, but that is how the game is played.

Get a drink at a party. Even if you do not drink. Fill a glass with water. Helps keep conversation flowing.

If you are invited for a house party, please bring a bottle of wine or something.

Do not talk about the job you are applying for, eliminating competition by the method of “their ignorance” is a thing. If you tell them about the new role, the pending assignment due in an hour, the potential surprise test today, the idea of your thesis… they might do it better. Keep your business, only yours.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by McBrooklyn(m): 1:20am On Jun 21, 2020
Being dead broke is the biggest root of all evil.. Hustle!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by Dobson43: 1:22am On Jun 21, 2020
cool
Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by Azord(m): 2:05am On Jun 21, 2020
Don't tell people how close u're to success in life, keep it to yourself with focus.
BOMBERS CAN RELATE.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by anthonyuncle(m): 2:18am On Jun 21, 2020
read dz post and keep ur rule to urself, it gives u an edge over others

1 Like

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by illicit(m): 6:21am On Jun 21, 2020
Nobody send u

1 Like

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by omoburuku: 6:48am On Jun 21, 2020
Big yanch and breast is better than big certificate....
Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by Ekejoestar(m): 6:54am On Jun 21, 2020
You are the captain of your destiny and you sail to wherever you want.. Stop waiting for people to do something for you..do it yourself..... Always have a backup plan in everything you do, it helps to cushion the effect of disappointment.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by nehzoh1: 7:05am On Jun 21, 2020
Nobody cares about the storms you faced , they just want to see your ship at the harbor.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by McBrooklyn(m): 7:46am On Jun 21, 2020
omoburuku:
Big yanch and breast is better than big certificate....

Omo buruku indeed grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by AristocraticMe: 9:04am On Jun 21, 2020
nehzoh1:
Nobody cares about the storms you faced , they just want to see your ship at the harbor.
deep
Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 21, 2020
You are for yourself and never let anyone understand your intelligence, be dynamic. At the end life is about survival. If you are religious, he'd judge you from what you know was bad and good. If you are not, good for you, do the right thing for the sake of evolution.

All in all, all for yourself!

And one thing lately. ...

Draaa.... undecided

Avoid the urge to shalaye
Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by Slawormir: 9:23am On Jun 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Stop complaining too much and telling people about your problem.
Although a problem shared is a problem halved

But as a real niggarrr I don realize say such problem even dey double if you complain too much and tell alot of people

And moreover i can bet my balls if you tell maybe 100 people your problem
About eighty of them are happy you have that problem so they don't give a fuckkk
Nineteen might show and display some sense of empathy and sympathy to your plight still they won't profer solution
Only the remaining one might be able to help with conditions

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by paulolee(m): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2020
being broks for long is the devil workshop
they is time for everything...
nobody be expert for this life, wr ur own stop naim another person own start
no mattet how good u treat a gal and all the sex styles or money u gv her, ticket wey wan cut go cut...Stella an tunder go fire u..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by NoChill: 10:30am On Jun 21, 2020
Okay these ones I did not learn too late in life, they are more like guiding principles for me.

1. Too much of everything is bad, always find a way to balance things in life. From your personal life to the way you relate with other people and handle situations.

2. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong, we tend to support things from the positions we find ourselves.

3. People are afraid of what they do not understand and destroy what they fear so you must be careful in bringing new ideas and trying to change the status quo.

4. Everyone has a price

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by nehzoh1: 10:45am On Jun 21, 2020
AristocraticMe:
deep
Thank you sir.
Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by Deepocean(m): 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2020
Never take your disciplinarian character outside your family, don't use it on anyone outside your family unless you're a teacher. Even at that be moderate with it.

Don't be extreme to any side of a thing.

Don't force people to do things, just explain to them explicitly on why they should/n't do something.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Unspoken Rules You Learnt Too Late In Life? by oazeez1991(m): 2:35pm On Jun 23, 2020
Mine are:

1. In PROSPERITY, ur friends know u; in ADVERSITY, u know ur true friends.

2. Never be too EXPECTANT in life. If possible, av zero expectation 4rm people, by so doing, ur chances of being disappointed kom 2 zero.

3. U only owe it 2 urself nd dose who believe in u.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

11 Costly Mistakes Most Women Make That Makes It Impossibe To Find A Good Man / Please Why Are Many Nigerians Hateful On Social Media? / Lady States The Type Of Boyfriend She Wants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.