Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? (21707 Views)

Scam Alert: There's Nothing Like Generational Curses, Stop Patronizing Scammers / Is There Anything Like Satanic Music? / My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by YouAreFinished: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

God doesn't judge us based on our forefathers sins. The sins of our forefathers remains with them.
You just cancelled the entire basis of christainity
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by hosemujica: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2020
I don't like basing this argument on the bible but if that helps you understand it better. I prefer to use the word karma.

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Geesaintagape: 9:41am On Jun 21, 2020
helinues:

Then is that not generational curse?

How about Nigeria as a country? Only a cursed country will remain underdeveloped
Outcast is not a curse but a conspiracy against the victim.
What's the curse in it to u
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by blazepascal(m): 9:42am On Jun 21, 2020
I only read it in the bible don't know if it happens innreality
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by BREYZ: 9:43am On Jun 21, 2020
Omooba77:
Have seen something happening repeatedly in some people's life.
Is there anything like generational curse?

Yes there is. In fact there's one stiill being faced by a family in my village, they die Young and according to them their forefathers committed a great evil they have been told the solution but it seems it's too much for them to carry out, they buried another few months back.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by enochogaga(m): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2020
Generational curse exist and operate on only those that have a lineage with their forefathers (generation), but generational curse don't exist or operates in the life's of those that have breaking out from their (generational)forefathers lineages.
U can Ask me how to break out from generational lineage.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Path24: 9:43am On Jun 21, 2020
www.bible -knowledge. com to read more. I am talking from personal experience. except through serious deliverance. a lot of people are suffering from generational curse but they do not know
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by mozona(m): 9:45am On Jun 21, 2020
I think yes!

My reasons: God curse Adam, Eve and the serpent not us yet we are experiencing it.

God forgive David but punish his children.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by nairaman66(m): 9:45am On Jun 21, 2020
Nigeria is an example of a generational curse!
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by seanwilliam(m): 9:52am On Jun 21, 2020
I dont want to believe there is generational curse..
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by hybrid11(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2020
I prefer u called it foundational curse
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 21, 2020
Yeah! Study the life of the biblical Abraham. Despite all his exploits, he could not break it. I think it was Isaac or Jacob that finally did.

But the part I don't agree with completely is that generational curses will render you useless for life and unable to achieve anything.

It is what you believe that works for you. And you can break out of any curse if you want to.

You will see the pattern in your family if it's under one. It keeps repeating itself in ever generation.

" Be ye still and know" once you can do this, it's easy to break and you don't need a pastor.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by taiocol: 9:58am On Jun 21, 2020
enochogaga:
Generational curse exist and operate on only those that have a lineage with their forefathers (generation), but generational curse don't exist or operates in the life's of those that have breaking out from their (generational)forefathers lineages.
U can Ask me how to break out from generational lineage.

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by emmabest2000(m): 9:59am On Jun 21, 2020
If you believe there's then it will work in your life
If you don't believe there's then it won't work in your life

For the curse to work or have effects on your life depends on your personal beliefs

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by rapid101(m): 10:00am On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

God doesn't judge us based on our forefathers sins. The sins of our forefathers remains with them.
the evil dat men do live with dem not after dem
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:01am On Jun 21, 2020
shankie:

Even the bible said "You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me"
Exo 20:5

Look at the verse again, especially that part that I put in bold.

Do you think God will punish innocent children for the sins of their parents?

That verse has one very knotty issue.

That issue resides with this part: to the third and fourth generation. Why not to the fifth and sixth generation? Why not to all their generation? The probable reason is that the second, third and fourth generation are very much likely to be as bad as the original generation. It is very unlikely for the wrongdoing to continue unabated up to the fifth or sixth generation. And it doesn't mean that those who do good within this generation would be punished.

This issue was further put to rest with this verse:

The person who sins is the one who will die. The child will not be punished for the parent’s sins, and the parent will not be punished for the child’s sins. Righteous people will be rewarded for their own righteous behavior, and wicked people will be punished for their own wickedness. (Ezekiel 18:20)

And if you apply this verse to the curse of death which came through Adam, you will realize that no one will be punished for Adam's sin even though God cursed Adam and the curse has been passed down to us, but still those who are righteous among us will have eternal life. On Judgment Day, everyone will answer for his sin and not for the sin of Adam.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Richie77: 10:01am On Jun 21, 2020
As a Nigerian, I'm aware of curses but as a psychologist, I also believe many are not curses but life patterns. A man who derived pleasure in beating the wife , eventually , no woman will stay him. maybe he changed 3 wives within 10years. The child won't see a big deal beating the wife and no woman will stay with him. Now, we will say it is a curse in the family that they change wives like clothes ignoring the bad attitude of the men in the family. May God grant us wisdom.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by hybrid11(m): 10:03am On Jun 21, 2020
I will prefer u call it foundational curse , It keeps repeating on and on until God find favor in one of the descendants and forgive him/her
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by yungevvy(m): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2020
The bondage of sin that we are living in, is it not a generational curse transferred from adam's generation to ours...........only Jesus redeemed us from that curse, and is ready to save as many as want to be saved from destruction, the choice is ours.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by InvertedHammer: 10:04am On Jun 21, 2020
Omooba77:
Have seen something happening repeatedly in some people's life.
Is there anything like generational curse?
/

Nigeria is a vivid example.

/
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Tinocosta17(m): 10:05am On Jun 21, 2020
I believe whatsoever you committed you should be responsible for the outcome.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2020
That's what is fighting our government.

Thank you, Jesus.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by amosrich(m): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2020
Yeah..It might not necessarily be called a curse...but people do suffer in one way or the other as an account of an action or decision that was from the forefathers...
And it takes prayers to be free from such links...
Take what happened in the Bible for example,when a king had to rebuild a city with the blood of His sons because there was a curse for that to happen...
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Kubernetes: 10:16am On Jun 21, 2020
Missyajoke:
Yeah there's something like generation curse.

But then,
The son shall not bear the inequities of the father, neither will the father bear the inequities of the son
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Asadujames202(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2020
Hell yeah, like the one I laid on Buhari
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by helpfindbolu: 10:19am On Jun 21, 2020
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 21, 2020
helinues:

How about Nigeria as a country? Only a cursed country will remain underdeveloped

What's your definition of development?

Silly goat
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by chloedogie(m): 10:22am On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

Hmmmm. Go and watch on YouTube or read about a killer Nikko Jenkins who has been sentenced to death but yet to be killed. You will really and accurately understand what is called generational curse. He is an American.

And to answer OP's question YES GENERATIONAL CURSE EXIST.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by bankole200(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

You need to break yourself loose from every generational curse. Lamentation 5: 7 says Our fathers have sinned , and are not and we have borne their iniquities. However, Gal 3: 13 says for Christ has redeemed us from every curse of the law...

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Badooguy: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2020
Deuteronomy 24:16 Parents are not to be put to death for their children, nor children put to death for their parents; each will die for their own sin.
deepwater:
Mathew 27 : 25
GNT

The whole crowd answered, "Let the responsibility for his death fall on us and on our children!"

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by sexylassie2(f): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2020
There is nothing like generational curse.

Dont be deceived
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by FlordFlorez(m): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2020
helinues:

if u so insists that there's something like generational curse then i'm unapologetic to tell u that u'r one of the curses plaguing us currently as u see nothing bad about the present government & u've often supports all her maladministration directives. Again, i want to ask u, do ur existence really depended on Igbo & Igbos? A healthy question that deserves a healthy answer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles / Defend Catholic Teachings Here / CAN Criticises Churches For Inviting Nollywood Celebrities, Musicians & Comedian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.