Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? (21672 Views)

Scam Alert: There's Nothing Like Generational Curses, Stop Patronizing Scammers / Is There Anything Like Satanic Music? / My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by osazsky(m): 7:54pm On Jun 21, 2020
As a youth u were bleeping another's man wife ..now ur children are not prospering while the girls at 40 are still leaving with u in ur house..God cannot be mocked what u sow is what u will reap..u will not die on time. U will grow old and witness ur children suffer while ur friends children are getting married and cashing out big time
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
Omooba77:
Have seen something happening repeatedly in some people's life.
Is there anything like generational curse?

If you are Abraham's seed, you can't be under any generational curse.

Your linage is traced to Abraham, not your earthly father. Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible seed, by the 'word' of God that lives for ever!

Lack of Knowledge (identity crisis) is what affects some of Gods people, not some 'generational curse'.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Danaire(m): 8:55pm On Jun 21, 2020
Yes! There is such a thing as Generational curse.
Generational curses are brought about when Ignorant Forefathers Swear to or make Pronouncements, Involving their Future Unborn children/grandchildren. One can only breakfree from it when he/she is born again; accepting Jesus Christ as Lord over his/her life.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Joyfulgal: 9:04pm On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

God doesn't judge us based on our forefathers sins. The sins of our forefathers remains with them.

How about repeated issues. The same thing happen to someone's grandfather, then the father and now the son.

Like grandfather had only one son, father had only one son. Now the son has only one son

Mind you, up to the fourth generation, having only one son
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Funaki: 9:06pm On Jun 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Diseases without symptoms right? Professor of speculation.
I'm not speculating. It's science. That's why you always fill family history section in any hospital form you fill. It's to know earlier any form of disease a person can develop due to his/her family history. It's just that many African homes and hospitals don't keep record of these things. Some people's parents die "mysteriously", instead of investigating to know what happened, many blame it on evil spirit and village people and they quickly bury the dead.

Even disease with symptoms, some will still believe it's village people or generational curse.

Besides, in earlier centuries, many believe diseases like small pox, plagues, congenital diseases and the likes are from angry gods punishing them for their sins.

All these beliefs are what was imported from traditional Africa religion. If people are dying early in a family, do a proper diagnosis and investigation. Don't conclude hastily it's spiritual.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by CodeTemplar: 9:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
Funaki:

I'm not speculating. It's science. That's why you always fill family history section in any hospital form you fill. It's to know earlier any form of disease a person can develop due to his/her family history. It's just that many African homes and hospitals don't keep record of these things. Some people's parents die "mysteriously", instead of investigating to know what happened, many blame it on evil spirit and village people and they quickly bury the dead.

Even disease with symptoms, some will still believe it's village people or generational curse.

Besides, in earlier centuries, many believe diseases like small pox, plagues, congenital diseases and the likes are from angry gods punishing them for their sins.

All these beliefs are what was imported from traditional Africa religion. If people are dying early in a family, do a proper diagnosis and investigation. Don't conclude hastily it's spiritual.
story story o.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 21, 2020
Like the late fella says, if you dey follow follow make you open eye.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Dimma22: 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2020
Did you notice that the place u quoted said of those who hate me. so that has to do with parents and children who keep on breaking God's rule okay. quote author=Ogonimilitant post=90902706]
“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”
Exodus 20, 4-6[/quote]
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Tccccc: 9:00am On Jun 22, 2020
Missyajoke:
Yeah there's something like generation curse. If there's nothing like generational curse why are people going for deliverance every time. Come and see how Pastor Olukoya used to mention them in their programmes. Things are happening that can't be explained with human understanding.
So this is ur understanding of generational curse. Nigerians jst take religious gabbage hook line and sinker. What of all the killings done by Germans during the war, USA killings until today Belgium genocide in Congo nd still generational curse have not caught up to them. What of generational blessings. Pastors be tapping shit around and sheeple eating crap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by ublight: 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2020
FastMatrix005:
I'm a spirit like you
not like me sir. I am united with God. To be like me, u must receive christ.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by FastMatrix005: 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2020
ublight:

not like me sir. I am united with God. To be like me, u must receive christ.
I have Christ. And that doesn't make you less a spirit.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by superboyspecial: 10:32am On Jun 23, 2020
Kriss216:

God doesn't judge us based on our forefathers sins. The sins of our forefathers remains with them.

Abi oh...
Go and read Gen 3:14-19... I'll be waiting
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by superboyspecial: 10:59am On Jun 23, 2020
Dimma22:
Did you notice that the place u quoted said of those who hate me. so that has to do with parents and children who keep on breaking God's rule okay. [quote author=Ogonimilitant post=90902706]
“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”
Exodus 20, 4-6

Lol... how about making it clearer?
Go read Ex 34:7 and Number 14:18
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by QuinieR(f): 10:51am On Jul 02, 2020
hosemujica:
I don't like basing this argument on the bible but if that helps you understand it better. I prefer to use the word karma.
Hi can’t access my mail
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by hosemujica: 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2020
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by QuinieR(f): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2020
hosemujica:
Is there anyone you can access?
No,so how can I help You
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by chatinent: 8:10am On Jul 26, 2020
Dimma22, hello good morning. I received your email request via Nairaland.com but the email is inactive. Please mail me instead with Juderichlord@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Escaped Hell- Sister Linda’s Testimony / Why Does God Sometimes Hardens People's Heart? / 10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.