Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,336 members, 7,954,374 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:49 PM

Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? (21982 Views)

Scam Alert: There's Nothing Like Generational Curses, Stop Patronizing Scammers / Is There Anything Like Satanic Music? / My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Badooguy: 10:28am On Jun 21, 2020
Jeremiah 31:29-34 29 “In those days people will no longer say, ‘The parents have eaten sour grapes, and the children’s teeth are set on edge.’ 30 Instead, everyone will die for their own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—their own teeth will be set on edge
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Idoko619(m): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2020
Nothing like generational curse.
It's all mental slavery, some of the most blessed ppl today had the worst fore fathers...
Except when your Father's refuse to invest in human development, there is nothing happening to you today that has to do with any spirituality regarding to what ur fore fathers did.
The Belgians had the worst terrible ppl in history and are still prosperous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Olarewaju89: 10:29am On Jun 21, 2020
Yes, there is...

In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. Jere 31 vs 29

Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children. Matt 27 vs 25.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by omoharry(f): 10:30am On Jun 21, 2020
tydi:

A generational curse is believed to be passed down from one generation to another due to rebellion against God. If your family line is marked by divorce, incest, poverty, anger or other ungodly patterns, you're likely under a generational curse. The Bible says that these curses are tied to choices. Deuteronomy 30:19 says we can either choose life and blessing or death and cursing.
you are right. A family friend of mine has a linage that is cursed with promiscuity and stealing .It happened to her grand mother ,Her mother and her.
Then when she gave birth to a baby girl . her three years old daughter started tolling that line of stealing from her uncles food that was covered on the table .18years down the line she started that same habit. Now the mother is very convince that there is something wrong.
This is what generational curse is and not the things one you did becos you were stupid and gullible .
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by bigiyaro(m): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2020
ain't nothing like generational curse.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Emax911: 10:33am On Jun 21, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

Look at the verse again, especially that part that I put in bold.

Do you think God will punish innocent children for the sins of their parents?

That verse has one very knotty issue.

That issue resides with this part: to the third and fourth generation. Why not to the fifth and sixth generation? Why not to all their generation? The probable reason is that the second, third and fourth generation are very much likely to be as bad as the original generation. It is very unlikely for the wrongdoing to continue unabated up to the fifth or sixth generation. And it doesn't mean that those who do good within this generation would be punished.

This issue was further put to rest with this verse:

The person who sins is the one who will die. The child will not be punished for the parent’s sins, and the parent will not be punished for the child’s sins. Righteous people will be rewarded for their own righteous behavior, and wicked people will be punished for their own wickedness. (Ezekiel 18:20)

And if you apply this verse to the curse of death which came through Adam, you will realize that no one will be punished for Adam's sin even though God cursed Adam and the curse has been passed down to us, but still those who are righteous among us will have eternal life. On Judgment Day, everyone will answer for his sin and not for the sin of Adam.

you are countering your self, did the curse not go from generation to generation, be it 1st to 2nd or whatever
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by FahBuLous: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2020
I don't think there is anythinq like qenerational curse....
I wasn't there when you were cursed, so why should I have to pay for what I had no Idea about??

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2020
Emax911:

you are countering your self, did the curse not go from generation to generation, be it 1st to 2nd or whatever

I did mention earlier that there was one generational curse, and that was the curse placed on Adam and Eve.

And that curse is a curse of death, and nothing else.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by sexylassie2(f): 10:46am On Jun 21, 2020
omoharry:
you are right. A family friend of mine has a linage that is cursed with promiscuity and stealing .It happened to her grand mother ,Her mother and her.
Then when she gave birth to a baby girl . her three years old daughter started tolling that line of stealing from her uncles food that was covered on the table .18years down the line she started that same habit. Now the mother is very convince that there is something wrong.
This is what generational curse is and not the things one you did becos you were stupid and gullible .

This is not problem of generational curse but lack of proper home training, they already left their home training to fate.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Skmoda360(m): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2020
Missyajoke:
Yeah there's something like generation curse.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Omooba77: 10:51am On Jun 21, 2020
BREYZ:

Yes there is. In fact there's one stiill being faced by a family in my village, they die Young and according to them their forefathers committed a great evil they have been told the solution but it seems it's too much for them to carry out, they buried another few months back.
Have heard of a case like that ans they dont live to be 40.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Roman7(m): 10:54am On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

God doesn't judge us based on our forefathers sins. The sins of our forefathers remains with them.

who told u? have u not read where God said I'll visit the sins of the Fathers on their children even unto the third n forth generation.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 21, 2020
Ogonimilitant:

“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.”
Exodus 20, 4-6

So since this year, you're still in Exodus? Please, dedicate more time to reading the Bible.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Tuska: 11:03am On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

God doesn't judge us based on our forefathers sins. The sins of our forefathers remains with them.

You see why una dey fail exam?

She asked if there is anything like generational curse and you are answering on sin.

Mtchww
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Pavillon: 11:04am On Jun 21, 2020
KaptainAfrika:
No. If there was anything like generational curse, Asia and the West won't be prosperous today. Neither would the Arabs or the Jews. The greatest and deadliest curse is that of Sin.

Thank you very much.
You just said my mind..

If there was anything like generational curse, a country like Germany should be in total shambles now. This country through Hitler killed over 6million jews, God's own people. Imagine the massacre but look at the country today, still blooming and flourishing like that was where God descended to from heaven.

As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing like generational curse, just do what is right both morally, spiritually and intellectually and everything will fall in right places for you.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

The sins of the fathers aka iniquity can operate in the childrens life if not erased and pardoned. When He said in the Bible that the iniquity of the fathers shall be visited upon the children and children's children. What did you think that meant. Its generational curse. So it exists.

Just accept Jesus and the fellow will be free from such curses. Because cursed is he that hangeth on the tree ( Christ) who has taken the curse upon himself and nailed it to the cross.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Justasiam(m): 11:12am On Jun 21, 2020
yes
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by DonroxyII: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2020
Omooba77:
Have seen something happening repeatedly in some people's life.
Is there anything like generational curse?
There is generational curse ooo ... In Yoruba land we believe in Ogun idile (Family Dilemna) and Eegun Idile (Generational Curse) ..

The two are different ... If you don't keep to God and be disciplined , You won't escape Generational curse .... To avoid Family dilemma and tussle ... just shift front and let your extended family be !!

Generational curse dey wellwell and e dey follow people wey e dey affect everywhere sotey nothing wey u touch go gel grin .... ... (Pls if you ain't spiritual, I no dey post to you .... ) ...

The thing is that you can't live white in black world ... grin ... No matter how educated I am , I am a Yoruba cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by toyotamuscle: 11:17am On Jun 21, 2020
hi am in need of a job.i stay in abuja.i can work as a network admin.a supervisor in a hotel or any other organisation.also I can work as an I T support, I T officer.i can create and maintain WordPress sites.am a graduate of publuc administration. I have a ccna from aptech.i can do any job so long its not a professional work like accounting etc. job salary not below 50,000naira.chat me on whatsapp 08089411836.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by frozen70(f): 11:17am On Jun 21, 2020
I think what we have is a repetitions of bad characters from family members which resulted to be passed from one to another of the same family

Once a man is a thief, he is likely to breed a thief because he has been cursed that as he steals, his children will still and be caught

Even our fore fathers were more careful with humans because the tradition will fight them if they do evil

But now, everyone has gone to the city where there are no tradition and starts behaving like stay cows, causing pains in people's lives

Most of what we regards as cursed are the things we bring upon ourselves

If we respect ourselves and hold ourselves, our troubles will be lesser

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by mrkings84(m): 11:18am On Jun 21, 2020
Yes, there are generational curses, they keep working against a fellow until they come to the knowledge of Jesus Christ who is capable of breaking it.

My landlord mother didn't marry, she was the first daughter, she had many children from different men, now her first daughter has 3 kid already without marriage, and this her first daughter..... Hmmmm, it will take God's deliverance for her to be salvaged from such generational accumulated hindrances...
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by namenick: 11:18am On Jun 21, 2020
Generation curses exists like day and night, just as generational blessings exist. The Jews were killed here and there due to Gods own curse on them, and they were told that in a later time, God will remember the covenant with their ancestors(Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) then he’ll gather them back together from every corner of the earth.

The only way one won’t encounter generational curses is when they have given their life to Christ and have enforced the deliverance power of his blood to deal with those curses.

People still experiencing some sort of freedom without Christ is because someone is still servicing those idols on their behalf, when the person dies and the idols start making demands that they don’t fulfill, you see their life start dwindling. If you give you life to Christ after your parents or ancestors had agreed that their generations with serve an idol, they have right to hold you captive. But God has also assured us in Isaiah 49:24-25 “ Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? But thus saith the Lord, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered”

You see how this guys: Dubai, Saudi Arabia,Qatar and co are enjoying massive wealth, is God’s blessing to Ishmael due to the covenant with Abraham.

There’re a lot of details I would have loved to explain here, but writing isn’t one of the things I savor.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by chidiwar(m): 11:19am On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

U need to read ur Bible very well
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Odidoo: 11:20am On Jun 21, 2020
Who told you?
See, the sins our forefathers committed since before we were born are now on our heads and that's how it will continue.
It's now left for us their children to break that Yoke so that our own children won't come and suffer it again.
Go read your bible well, no be me talk am.
Many people are trying to move forward today but instead of moving forward, they continue to see themselves going backward! backward!! , that's generational

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Solsix(m): 11:22am On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

D
God said I will visit the children with the sins of thier father's up to the fourth generation
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by DonroxyII: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2020
helinues:

Then is that not generational curse?

How about Nigeria as a country? Only a cursed country will remain underdeveloped
The entire black race seems fvcked across the globe !
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by flokii: 11:26am On Jun 21, 2020
Yes there is.. it's even in the bible where God said the children will answer to the sins of their fathers up till fourth generation or thereabout.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by DonroxyII: 11:29am On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

Why will Nigeria develop when you keep electing dullards?
You're now gearing to vote for Tinubu by 2023 and yet you want Nigeria to develop..
It is not Nigerians abeg , it is the leaders ....

it is never by the vote casted , the people's vote nor voice never count nor matter ...

Dullards keep putting themselves there using thuggery.... Any sane man who doesn't want to lose his life would never come out to vote .....

When has election be fair in Nigeria .... Nigerians are not dumbass, make election count and you will only see sane people as leaders....
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by shanaka4u(m): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2020
Kriss216:

very apt. just like a person cannot inherit the sins of any other person. No one dies for the sins of another.Everyone shall be judged according to his sins.
Re: Is There Anything Like Generational Curse? by Tribalism123(m): 11:33am On Jun 21, 2020
YES! There is generational curse just as there are generational blessings. Abraham was blessed even unto his infinite generation.
A people could be cursed (eg is when Balak wanted Balaam to curse the children of Israel) and generations would be affected.
However, there is hope. Jesus and Saint Paul said that 'there is neither slave of bond or Jews or Gentiles'. In this case, u will see there is a separation. Accursed family could be separated from other families. In Igbo land we have Osu people. They were cursed initially and it has affected them both in actions and relationship.
The hope I mentioned earlier is that when u know JESUS and willingly submit to Christ as ur Lord and Savior, then the curse become revoked.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Enough Of These Lies By Lai Mohammed – CAN / Was This Action Of King Solomon Right Or Wrong? / Father Uzo Uzochukwu Builds A House For Homeless Family In Imo State - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.