Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,736 members, 7,824,085 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving (2425 Views)

People Are Poor Because They Are Lazy And Foolish Not Becaus Of Church-apostle J / Asu Ekiye: Gospel Artistes Are Arrogant; Ninety-Nine Percent Of Them Are Poor / Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 9:02am On Jun 21, 2020
Give and it shall be given on to you.If you want to receive,you must first of all give.what you give is what you get in return.give out a pair of shoes,you will receive shoes,give out money,you will receive money also.hate and you will attract hatred,ditto,love. It is a universal law that cut across all religion,tribe and races.

1 Like

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by bigiyaro(m): 9:55am On Jun 21, 2020
no be when you get you go give? how can you give what you don't have?
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by CodeTemplar: 9:58am On Jun 21, 2020
No bible verse.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Oluromantic: 10:03am On Jun 21, 2020
bigiyaro:
Ah you're getting it wrong and that's what op is saying. Even if it's 1kobo you have, give out of that 1kobo. If you don't have at all, give yourself by using ur physical strength to be of help to someone.

This is the reason why some ppl who are not religious are richer than some churchchurch ppl. It's not a religious law. It's a law of nature.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Oluromantic: 10:04am On Jun 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:
No bible verse.
Luke 6:38
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2020
bigiyaro:
you have something,God deposited something inside everyone,giving is not only money,
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Bacteriologist(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2020
You are poor because you are not EARNING.

Nowhere in the world do people get rich by giving pastors money. That doctrine was created by people who want to take out of the little you have by selling you a false hope of getting rich if you enrich them FIRST.

If you can't get ahead with your finances, get a second job, invest in passive income or live well below your means.

Receive sense Nigerians.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:
No bible verse.
Its a universal law that cuts across all religion,and races,even traditional religion and atheist that practice it,gets the benefit.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Kobojunkie: 4:35am On Jun 22, 2020
coputa:
Give and it shall be given on to you.If you want to receive,you must first of all give.what you give is what you get in return.give out a pair of shoes,you will receive shoes,give out money,you will receive money also.hate and you will attract hatred,ditto,love. It is a universal law that cut across all religion,tribe and races.
Jesus Christ never said You will be poor because you do not give to the poor. It is common knowledge that by refusing to give away parts of your wealth, you can indeed become rich down the road. Not a big deal as it happens every day in the world we live in.

He never asked His followers to subscribe to universal laws, many of which are born out of doctrines and traditions of men(all religious bullPiss/lies).
The rich man who refused to give Lazarus food from his table was obviously a good example of how possible it is to be rich without being a giver. And who told you this story? Jesus Christ Himself! grin

6 Likes

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by petra1(m): 4:45am On Jun 22, 2020
bigiyaro:

God has given everyone something to give. He gives seed to sow

2 Corinthians 9:10
Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness,

Luke 6:31
And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by petra1(m): 4:49am On Jun 22, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Nowhere in the world do people get rich by giving pastors money. That doctrine was created by people who want to take out of the little you have by selling you a false hope of getting rich if you enrich them FIRST.

If you can't get ahead with your finances, get a second job, invest in passive income or live well below your means.

Receive sense Nigerians.

Wrong. Firstly money given in church is not pastors money . People give to God as an act of worship

Secondly the OP was not talking about giving in church or giving to MOG . But the pracrise of giving generally as a universal law. I guess your hatred for ministers of God covered your reading
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Kobojunkie: 4:50am On Jun 22, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Receive sense Nigerians.
sad but correct as this is how the world works.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Bacteriologist(m): 9:02am On Jun 22, 2020
petra1:

Wrong. Firstly money given in church is not pastors money . People give to God as an act of worship

Secondly the OP was not talking about giving in church or giving to MOG . But the pracrise of giving generally as a universal law. I guess your hatred for ministers of God covered your reading

Tell that to the scammers in suit with private jets and luxury apartments in banana island. Why does an all-powerful, infinite source of wealth need your own money as "a form of worship?'

There's no "universal law" that says giving is necessary for success. Giving is moral and promotes goodwill. But to say that it further enriches one, is just in all honesty, FOOLISH.

The law of subtraction -which is a mathematical law, and therefore an ACTUAL natural and universal law/fact- says that your wealth DECREASES when you give out from it unto others.

Only by aforementioned processes in my initial comment can one continue to acquire wealth. NO man has ever accumulated wealth by giving. Any one who tells you that is LYING to you. Unapologetically. Through their teeth.

And I think it's perfectly fine to hate liars, deceivers and fraudsters who are picking people's pockets with false doctrines and threats of damnation in the name of an invisible god.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by petra1(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2020
Bacteriologist:

Tell that to the scammers in suit with private jets and luxury apartments in banana island. Why does an all-powerful, infinite source of wealth need your own money as "a form of worship?'

Giving in the house of God is a principles Read you bible .

1 Corinthians 16:2
2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 9:22am On Jun 22, 2020
petra1:

Read you bible
he does'nt seem to be a believer
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by petra1(m): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2020
coputa:
he does'nt seem to be a believer

Ah act 8:21 should have been my reference

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 9:41am On Jun 22, 2020
petra1:

Ah act 8:21 should have been my reference
i was about giving him, proverbs 11 vs 24 - 25
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Bacteriologist(m): 11:08am On Jun 22, 2020
petra1:

Giving in the house of God is a principles Read you bible .

1 Corinthians 16:2
2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Giving to the house of Allah is also included in the Qur'an.

Giving to the house of Zeus is included in the book of Zeus.

So why won't giving to the lying dishonest conmen of Yahweh not be included in the Yahweh's BuyBull?

Why would anyone even take what the Bible says with a pinch of salt? A book that endorses slavery, genocide, rape and misogyny. Do you have the reasoning of a corn dog? If not I don't see why you won't find it uninteresting that the bible suggests giving to religiously protected yahoo boys called pastors.

6 Likes

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by petra1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2020
coputa:
i was about giving him, proverbs 11 vs 24 - 25
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by petra1(m): 1:25pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bacteriologist:

So why won't giving to the lying dishonest conmen of Yahweh not be included in the Yahweh's BuyBull?

Don’t take out your frustration on God. He’s the your life solution

Why would anyone even take what the Bible says with a pinch of salt?.

Because it’s the word of God . It’s a book of prophecy , which’s brings hope to your future and gives your life a meaning
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Commonsense99: 1:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
[[s]quote author=coputa post=90902399]Give and it shall be given on to you.If you want to receive,you must first of all give.what you give is what you get in return.give out a pair of shoes,you will receive shoes,give out money,you will receive money also.hate and you will attract hatred,ditto,love. It is a universal law that cut across all religion,tribe and races.[/quote][left[/s]

You are poor because your economy is bad, because you have no job, because your government has failed!!

Chinese who borrows Nigeria money is an Ateist country. grin

6 Likes

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Kobojunkie: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
Jesus Christ never said to give to a church or pastor.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Excel018(m): 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
It's as simple as that. Please click on this link for soul uplifting videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU7q0fz2vOQ
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Elizersalifu(f): 10:58pm On Jun 22, 2020
Oluromantic:

Luke 6:38

You are taking scriptures out of context. No where in the entire Luke 6 was giving money in order to escape poverty mentioned. Read pretext and post text to understand the context in which Christ spoke.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by ThothHermes: 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bacteriologist:
There are many poor earners in the world.

The tithe is paid to Jesus, not pastors. Heb 7:8

Receive sense Nigerians.
The labor of the fool shall weary him, because he does not know the road to the city. Ecclesiastes 10:15
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Oluromantic: 11:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Elizersalifu:

You are taking scriptures out of context. No where in the entire Luke 6 was giving money in order to escape poverty mentioned. Read pretext and post text to understand the context in which Christ spoke.

All knowing boss. I don't have you to convince
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
ThothHermes:
There are many poor earners in the world.

The tithe is paid to Jesus, not pastors. Heb 7:7
Jesus Christ never asked for your tithes.
ThothHermes:

The labor of the fool shall weary him, because he does not know the road to the city. Ecclesiastes 10:15
there is nothing foolish about the advice since many in the developed world do it and don't live in abject poverty, waiting for God to magically meet their needs/give wealth to them.

3 Likes

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by ThothHermes: 11:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ never asked for your tithes.
Read the verse damn it.
there is nothing foolish about the advice since many in the developed world do it and don't live in abject poverty, waiting for God to magically meet give wealth to them.
The profit of the earth is for all. I don't know where I said anybody is going to magically get wealth angry
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Kobojunkie: 11:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
ThothHermes:

Read the verse damn it.
Jesus Christ NEVER asked His followers to tithe.
ThothHermes:

The profit of the earth is for all. I don't know where I said anybody is going to magically get wealth angry
Well, you did suggest it foolish to advice those who are poor to either get a second job, invest in passive income, or live below their means.
Essentially, what would you consider wise advice? That they continue to sip on lies while waiting for wealth to magically come their way? undecided
Sure, the profit of the world is for all so what should the poor do? Nothing?

3 Likes

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by ThothHermes: 4:52am On Jun 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ NEVER asked His followers to tithe.
Well, you did suggest it foolish to advice those who are poor to either get a second job, invest in passive income, or live below their means.
Essentially, what would you consider wise advice? That they continue to sip on lies while waiting for wealth to magically come their way? undecided
Sure, the profit of the world is for all so what should the poor do? Nothing?
I see I'm wasting my time.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Kobojunkie: 4:58am On Jun 23, 2020
ThothHermes:
I see I'm wasting my time.
undecided undecided
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 5:03am On Jun 23, 2020
petra1:

There are earners with jobs and several passive income but still poor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help Me Understand, I Love Islam But ..... / Christianity Is Witchcraft In "white" Clothings / The Most Common Confusions Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.