Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,658 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving (2453 Views)

Senior RCCG Pastor Accuse Church Of Not Giving Him Enough, Forms New Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 5:25am On Jun 23, 2020
Commonsense99:
[[s]quote author=coputa post=90902399]Give and it shall be given on to you.If you want to receive,you must first of all give.what you give is what you get in return.give out a pair of shoes,you will receive shoes,give out money,you will receive money also.hate and you will attract hatred,ditto,love. It is a universal law that cut across all religion,tribe and races.[left[/s]

You are poor because your economy is bad, because you have no job, because your government has failed!!

Chinese who borrows Nigeria money is an Ateist country. grin
Which country in the world is more prosperous more than America which gives the whole world aids in cash,equipment and millitary aids that runs into billions of dollars yearly,is America not a christian country,Do you know that some people have good job/businesses but are still living in lack,you can still find wealthy people in poverty ridden countries.the secret is the act od giving.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
Commonsense99:

You are poor because your economy is bad, because you have no job, because your government has failed!!
Chinese who borrows Nigeria money is an Ateist country. grin
Not entirely true as there are many rich in the very same Nigeria. As far as Nigeria is concerned, people don't understand what it means to live within their means, at least that is one thing I have observed to be true.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by BetterPoison: 10:13pm On Jun 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Not entirely true as there are many rich in the very same Nigeria. As far as Nigeria is concerned, people don't understand what it means to live within their means, at least that is one thing I have observed to be true.
cc petra1 coputa
CodeTemplar commonsense tolukem and kobojunkie I have followed this post from the first page.
Pease I am a private school teacher but as it is, it's obvious Schools aren't reopening anytime soon.
Please go through my posts you will see my thread. I will be happy if you can help me.
me
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 6:17am On Jun 24, 2020
A
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by BetterPoison: 6:50am On Jun 24, 2020
coputa:
@ Better poison, how much will i give to you that will sustain you untill schools re open.if i gv to u today,will i still gv to u tmorrow,i will advice you to look for something that will sustain u until schools re open. like car wash,waste disposal,cleaning job or a guard job. Think of something u can do to survive.As a man thinketh,so he is.Stop begging,it kills your self exteem,and thats is the only thing that is left in a man,after hope.I am not posting this to spite you,it's a piece of advice.
anything you give me will be of great help. You won't need to give me tomorrow if everything works out fine
thank you I understand and appreciate. It's hard waiting for schools to open but then again it's hard trying to inspire students who see you washing a car at a car wash. Can you please remove my account details from your quote.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 7:12am On Jun 24, 2020
BetterPoison:
anything you give me will be of great help. You won't need to give me tomorrow if everything works out fine
thank you I understand and appreciate. It's hard waiting for schools to open but then again it's hard trying to inspire students who see you washing a car at a car wash. Can you please remove my account details from your quote.
You are a proud fella,you can't do menial job,because you 're ashame and you don't want your student's to see you,since you 're a source of inspiration to them. In wy locality right now as i post,proprietors/proprietress of private school have taken to other things to survive,many are ridding keke,some of the women are into petty trading,are they not also a source of inspiration to their student,
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by BetterPoison: 7:54am On Jun 24, 2020
coputa:
You are a proud fella,you can't do menial job,because you 're ashame and you don't want your student's to see you,since you 're a source of inspiration to them. In wy locality right now as i post,proprietors/proprietress of private school have taken to other things to survive,many are ridding keke,some of the women are into petty trading,are they not also a source of inspiration to their student,
saying I am a proud fella because I asked you for help is like deliberately subtly invoking me to get angry which is very wrong and inappropriate.
You asked a question and I gave you an innocent response but what do you do? You ignored my request that you should please remove my details from your Quote. But you left my account information on quote
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Mineisgrace(f): 10:04am On Jun 24, 2020
bigiyaro:
no be when you get you go give? how can you give what you don't have?
it doesn't matter no matter how little you have to give. Remember the widow who had an encounter with Elisha
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Mineisgrace(f): 10:15am On Jun 24, 2020
Bacteriologist:

There's no "universal law" that says giving is necessary for success. Giving is moral and promotes goodwill
I disagree with you here. You cannot say giving is moral and still say people don't need to give( since that is what your post is about).
If giving was moral, the world would have been filled with helpers and not greedy people.
People preach giving but they don't live by what they preach. Are they morally wrong or right?
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by BetterPoison: 11:32am On Jun 24, 2020
coputa:
@ Better poison, how much will i give to you that will sustain you untill schools re open.if i gv to u today,will i still gv to u tmorrow,i will advice you to look for something that will sustain u until schools re open. like car wash,waste disposal,cleaning job or a guard job. Think of something u can do to survive.As a man thinketh,so he is.Stop begging,it kills your self exteem,and thats is the only thing that is left in a man,after hope.I am not posting this to spite you,it's a piece of advice.
please bro I am still waiting
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2020
BetterPoison:
please bro I am still waiting
Waiting for what?
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by BetterPoison: 11:38am On Jun 24, 2020
coputa:
Waiting for what?
please remove my details from your Quote
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by BetterPoison: 11:52am On Jun 24, 2020
coputa:
What did i owe you,ask you to send me your account number,i only give to those that are really in need and not a lazy private school teacher as you claim to be,which i seriously doubt because you have the body odour of a tout or a street urchin.if you bother me again,i will report u to the admins.
ok bro... But I have not said anything to insult you all through my posts to you but you have done more than that.
Kindly remove my details from your post, is that too much to ask ? Haba now! If you won't help me at least don't shame me. I have done nothing to harm you or hurt you.. remove my details from your quote bro
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by BetterPoison: 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2020
coputa:
I did'nt, you did by posting here that you cannot work because you 're ashame of your student and that you prefare e begging. I think i will post your name publicly for all to see if you keep pestering me.
hello kindly remove my details from your post
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by desiredhome: 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2020
petra1:

Wrong. Firstly money given in church is not pastors money . People give to God as an act of worship

Secondly the OP was not talking about giving in church or giving to MOG . But the pracrise of giving generally as a universal law. I guess your hatred for ministers of God covered your reading

This is where you people get confuse, you can't claim you are giving to God whereby over 80% of the givers in that same Church are not beneficiaries of the Church gesture?......how many of the tithe payers or seed sowing members can afford Covenant University? How many can afford any of the estates they built with their money? etc.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Bacteriologist(m): 1:35am On Jun 25, 2020
Mineisgrace:
I disagree with you here. You cannot say giving is moral and still say people don't need to give( since that is what your post is about).
If giving was moral, the world would have been filled with helpers and not greedy people.
People preach giving but they don't live by what they preach. Are they morally wrong or right?

People who preach what they themselves don't do are liars and hypocrites. Lying and hypocrisy is generally deemed immoral. HOWEVER;

You are putting words in my mouth. I never said people don't need to give. I said people don't need to give to become WEALTHY. Two very different statements if you were paying attention.

"If giving was moral, the world would have been filled with helpers and not greedy people."

That makes no sense. It's like saying, "If giving people justice is moral then the world would have been filled with fair people and not unfair people."

Or saying "If being kind to people is moral then the world would have been filled with nice people and not unkind people."

Of course we have unfair and unkind people in the world. Even though we agree that fairness and kindness are moral.

Something being moral does not mean everyone does it. And something being immoral does not mean no one does it. However, we should encourage people to do moral things and refrain from immoral things. As it helps us have peace and progress in our society and avoid chaos.

Giving is one of such moral things. But then again we should not compulsively ask people to do it. Or threaten people with eternal punishment or threats of impoverishment and poverty (like the OP suggested) if they don't give.

In a nutshell, giving is good but not necessarily crucial to financial success.

1 Like

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Bacteriologist(m): 1:47am On Jun 25, 2020
petra1:

Don’t take out your frustration on God. He’s the your life solution

That YOU feel frustrated when you bash other people's religion, doctrines and gods does not mean everyone else does. Don't project your insecurities on me.

petra1:

Because it’s the word of God . It’s a book of prophecy , which’s brings hope to your future and gives your life a meaning

I don't need a book that endorses slavery, misogyny, genocide and wholesale stupidity to give me any hope or give my life any meaning. My future and life are already hopeful, meaningful and settled as I speak. Way more than you, or your slave-masters could ever imagine.

That YOU need a book written by goat herders in the dark ages to give YOUR own life a meaning does not mean everyone else does. And it says more about YOU than anything else here.

What you see in another person is YOUR own reflection. You cannot move me. And I sure as hell will never go back to the vomitous, blood-filled slave pit in which you live in. Heck, few hours ago I didn't even know you existed.

So be rest assured I take your opinions of me with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Bacteriologist(m): 1:53am On Jun 25, 2020
ThothHermes:
There are many poor earners in the world.

There are many poor tithers in the world. You made a rod for your own back.

ThothHermes:

The tithe is paid to Jesus, not pastors. Heb 7:8

Gotta love an all-powerful, all-knowing, infinite source of wealth requiring a subscription fee from his own creation every Sunday..don't ya

ThothHermes:

The labor of the fool shall weary him, because he does not know the road to the city. Ecclesiastes 10:15

A book that endorses slavery, misogyny, genocide and killing of little children is the last book I would take seriously.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Acehart: 4:49am On Jun 25, 2020
ThothHermes:
The tithe is paid to Jesus, not pastors. Heb 7:8

Hebrews 7:8 In this case mortal men receive tithes, but in that case one receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives on.

The writer was speaking of the imperfection of the levitical priesthood. At what point did the writer suggest that tithes are paid to Jesus in Hebrews 7:8?
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by petra1(m): 8:02am On Jun 25, 2020
Bacteriologist:

That YOU feel frustrated when you bash other people's religion, doctrines and gods does not mean everyone else does. Don't project your insecurities on me.

I don't need a book that endorses slavery, misogyny, genocide and wholesale stupidity to give me any hope or give my life any meaning. My future and life are already hopeful, meaningful and settled as I speak. Way more than you, or your slave-masters could ever imagine.

That YOU need a book written by goat herders in the dark ages to give YOUR own life a meaning does not mean everyone else does. And it says more about YOU than anything else here.

God loves you . The bible is a book of prophecy . It's more current than tomorrow newspaper.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by ThothHermes: 8:07am On Jun 25, 2020
Acehart:

Hebrews 7:8 In this case mortal men receive tithes, but in that case one receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives on.

The writer was speaking of the imperfection of the levitical priesthood. At what point did the writer suggest that tithes are paid to Jesus in Hebrews 7:8?
Here(on earth) men that die receive tithes, but there he (Melchizedek/Jesus) receives them.
Read from verse 1.
Abraham paid to Melchizedek. Jesus is the High Priest after the order of Melchizedek.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by ThothHermes: 8:12am On Jun 25, 2020
Bacteriologist:

There are many poor tithers in the world. You made a rod for your own back.
Tithing is one of the terms of the wealth covenant. It's not the only term.

Gotta love an all-powerful, all-knowing, infinite source of wealth requiring a subscription fee from his own creation every Sunday..don't ya
Stale.

It's not a subscription. It's a law in the kingdom. You give to get. And it's not money. It's everything. Love, respect, honor, whatever. You give to receive. Give and it shall be given. It's not by human logic.

A book that endorses slavery, misogyny, genocide and killing of little children is the last book I would take seriously.
Pretend you are sensible. I don't have time for rubbish angry
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by frank317: 8:18am On Jun 25, 2020
Mineisgrace:
I disagree with you here. [b]You cannot say giving is moral and still say people don't need [/b]to give( since that is what your post is about).

@bold... He never said people don't need to give. He said u don't need to give so that u will become rich.

Giving makes both the giver and the recieve happy, anything that makes both party happy is morally right. If u give u feel satisfied within u and also earn respect from of the reciever. The reciever in turn gets something.

Giving does not automatically make one richer... It's earning and managing wisely that makes one richer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 8:50am On Jun 25, 2020
frank317:

@bold... He never said people don't need to give. He said u don't need to give so that u will become rich.

Giving makes both the giver and the recieve happy, anything that makes both party happy is morally right. If u give u feel satisfied within u and also earn respect from of the reciever. The reciever in turn gets something.

Giving does not automatically make one richer... It's earning and managing wisely that makes one richer
Of course,you have to be a earner to be able to live well and not necessary wise management of money,because you can be a good manager,and the odds of life can still be against you,thereby rendering your efforts fruitless,ditto,a bad manager that succeeds because the invisible odds of life favours him.How do you activate this principle,it is by giving(to the needy)let giving be your lifestyle,giving here here can be money,love,tangible and intangible things.do you know that the giver is more blessed than the receiver,
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by frank317: 9:06am On Jun 25, 2020
coputa:
Of course,you have to be a earner to be able to live well and not necessary wise management of money,because you can be a good manager,and the odds of life can still be against you,thereby rendering your efforts fruitless,ditto,a bad manager that succeeds because the invisible odds of life favours him.How do you activate this principle,it is by giving(to the needy)let giving be your lifestyle,giving here here can be money,love,tangible and intangible things.do you know that the giver is more blessed than the receiver,

One can only take care of what he can see and handle. The problem with u guys is that u continously waste ur time seeking for ways to control the invisible and u known things.

If u have accepted that something is Invisible and unknown its already beyond u.

Giving does not in anyway control any invisible and unknown.. And since they are invisible and unknown u can't even know u have eventually controlled them... This leaves living a life of assumption if u want to feel good with ur self.

Work hard to earn and learn to be a wise manager.. It does not work all the time but it works 90percent of the time. Beside show me a give who have successfully used the act of giving to control the unknown or invisible force.

We cam keep on living a lie... U are not and can never be a supernatural being.

If u give so that u will get something (from either God or unknown force) that's selfish giving, don't u think?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by karo93: 9:21am On Jun 25, 2020
Even physically ....giving brings you favour with people you give to and whenever its in their power, they will try to help you. They will recommend you for jobs, promotions, contracts etc....

Thats why Dangote allegedly donated 5bn to the government to fight COVID-19. Tommorow the government will ban every other person importing anything Dangote wants to import and he will keep getting rich.

Giving buys favours. Favours increase your chances of getting rich

But a person can be wicked and stingy and still be rich....as long as he has a valuable skill....a valuable good to sell....

If i sing a hit song today.....i will get money no matter how stingy i am.

If i get a job that pays me 20million monthly....i will be rich. Regardless of whether i give or not.

The law of wealth is value not giving...... you can give and still be poor but if you have value you will be rich.

I wont hire a person into my company because he is a giver....who cares!!!... but i will hire a person that has good skills that i need

2 Likes

Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by karo93: 9:30am On Jun 25, 2020
Note how banks and companies were rushing to donate billions to the government to fight COVID-19......

They didnt bother to give to the poor people or give relief materials to the community. It doesnt matter.

They preffered to sack workers and gather the money to give the government because favour with the government is more valuable than giving the real people that need it.

The physical principle of giving is to buy favours. Even philantropy buys you the good will of men and increases the chances that men will favour you.

Giving is valuable but its not the key to wealth. The key to wealth is value

There is a spiritual component to giving ofcourse.

Either way; there will always be rich stingy people and poor givers because giving is not the key to wealth. In the Rich man and lazarus story, the stinginess of the rich man did not stop him from being rich.

The people who enjoy the giving maxim the most are those who receive this giving from others
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by coputa(m): 9:43am On Jun 25, 2020
@frank317, you did not fall from the sky and human life is not directionless,humans 're not mere animals.you reap what you sow,sowing here means your inputs to life and not your skills or your degree.for instance,look at the life of a currupt nigeria policeman,you will notice at the brink of or after retirement is full of misery and pain,because that's what he gave repeatedly over the years and that he must surely receive.your intelligent human thinking will always fail you.that the rich man did not give to lazarous does not mean he has not been giving to people.do you know how much dangote gives out to the needy.America is the highest giver in the universe,and remains the richest and greatest.
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by penplus: 10:09am On Jun 25, 2020
It is well
Re: You Are Poor Because You Are Not Giving by Acehart: 11:14am On Jun 25, 2020
ThothHermes:

Here(on earth) men that die receive tithes, but there he (Melchizedek/Jesus) receives them.
Read from verse 1.
Abraham paid to Melchizedek. Jesus is the High Priest after the order of Melchizedek.

No comments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Often Does A Pastor Lie On Pulpit? / Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) / Consequence Of Idleness To The Body Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.