Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,448 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:31 PM

Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll (10215 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by Nickisindigo(m): 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2020
This place dry fah
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hi guyz

I currently have CCNA routing and switching and am looking forward to go into could and then move abroad in the future. Pls which programming language can i go for though i have been learning python online but i am still confused.

Thanks

Regard
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by YungLasaint(m): 11:53pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hi guys,
I'm basically a newbie planning on starting a web development class next year Jan which I will later niche down yo cybersecurity.

I want to ask how lucrative is the field in terms of getting hired and relocating or working for a foreign companies?

I'm looking forward to relocate to Russia
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 3:34pm On Nov 11, 2020
YungLasaint:
Hi guys,
I'm basically a newbie planning on starting a web development class next year Jan which I will later niche down yo cybersecurity.

I want to ask how lucrative is the field in terms of getting hired and relocating or working for a foreign companies?

I'm looking forward to relocate to Russia
Bro.

Web development is a good choice but I think the field is getting saturated. Make your own research and confirm sha.

I'm a front end web developer and am also thinking of switching to cyber security in the nearest future.

You don't have to wait till next year before you can start learning web development. If you have a good laptop, stable electricity and internet connection, you can enroll in an online course or check YouTube for tutorials.

Don't really know anything about Russia. There is a thread here on Nairaland about Russia, try and check it out.
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2020
tunde0ke:
Hi guyz

I currently have CCNA routing and switching and am looking forward to go into could and then move abroad in the future. Pls which programming language can i go for though i have been learning python online but i am still confused.

Thanks

Regard

Don't know anything about your field bro. I think the best place you should be is on Google.
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 3:50pm On Nov 11, 2020
Update:::

Recently I came across a YouTube video by a Gift Egwenu, a female software developer in Nigeria who relocated to Amsterdam in Netherlands.

She is a Front end developer and has worked with Andela and other tech companies both in Nigeria and remotely.

Check the link for the video below.

After going through her video and her profile, I found out some things which are:

1. She is very good at what she does

2. She is working already here in Nigeria before she relocated.

3. She applied to many jobs which include jobs from LinkedIn and Stackoverflow

4. She has a dope resume

5. She secured the abroad gig via her network.

And many more.

If you are a software developer wanting to get and job and relocate abroad, don't hesitate to check out the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgiLgydsy6M

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by GreatMage: 4:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hi guys!

What bout Java developers?
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by YungLasaint(m): 11:06pm On Nov 12, 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Web development is a saturated market but it's still in demand.

The main goal is cybersecurity but I have to learn web dev first to understand coding.

I really love Russia because there are advance in tech and stuff about cybersecurity.
RemiAbdulSamad:
Bro.

Web development is a good choice but I think the field is getting saturated. Make your own research and confirm sha.

I'm a front end web developer and am also thinking of switching to cyber security in the nearest future.

You don't have to wait till next year before you can start learning web development. If you have a good laptop, stable electricity and internet connection, you can enroll in an online course or check YouTube for tutorials.

Don't really know anything about Russia. There is a thread here on Nairaland about Russia, try and check it out.
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 11:06am On Nov 13, 2020
YungLasaint:
Thank you for your feedback. Web development is a saturated market but it's still in demand.

The main goal is cybersecurity but I have to learn web dev first to understand coding.

I really love Russia because there are advance in tech and stuff about cybersecurity.
Yeah.
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 13, 2020
RemiAbdulSamad:

Don't know anything about your field bro. I think the best place you should be is on Google.

I actually mean CLOUD
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 5:03pm On Nov 13, 2020
tunde0ke:

I actually mean CLOUD
bro I know nothing about cloud technologies
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by GreatMage: 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2020
tunde0ke:

I actually mean CLOUD

Check out ORACLE
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by YungLasaint(m): 12:02am On Nov 25, 2020
And it's even cheaper to move there than some European countries
RemiAbdulSamad:
Yeah.

Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by YungLasaint(m): 12:05am On Nov 25, 2020
No stable electricity so I'm saving up to start an advance class.

I have handful of information about Russia.

Thank you for your response
RemiAbdulSamad:
Bro.

1 Like

Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by IamE: 3:04pm On Oct 21, 2021
Hi. Ben a while since someone made a post here.
I am a frontend engineer. And my target is UK.
Any tip

YungLasaint:
No stable electricity so I'm saving up to start an advance class.

I have handful of information about Russia.

Thank you for your response
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by Simeonsage: 6:36pm On Mar 31, 2022
olioxx:

My Humble Tips:
First: I would recommend that you have an in demand skill(tech skill) or that you polish your skills very well. No foreign company will bother about you if you are a basics front end developer(there are tons to choose from). I would recommend that you learn up to being a full-stack web developer. If you have a foreign company in mind, you can go check out their job posting to get a clue of what skill they are requiring.
Second: Make as much website as possible to get the attention of these companies. In summary, build a very solid portfolio
Third: If you have a foreign country you would like to work in, please do check their in demand skills catalogue, you are going to find lots of in demand skills the country needs.
Fourth: (pls note that if it is possible, then do this, if not it's not mandatory)
I would recommend that you try learning sought after tech skills, like Artificial Intelligence, Mobile App Engineering, Software Engineer, DevOp, Full Stack Web Dev, Learning OOP languages(Python or C++).
The simply truth is, if you have sought after skills, then you can work at any company in any country. Please don't limit your self to thinking that you need to move to that country before you get work, It is highly possible that you work remotely with that company from Naija, earning in international currency.

thanks for the tips bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by qtguru(m): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
Came to revive this thread
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by RemiAbdulSamad(m): 3:09pm On Jun 28, 2022
qtguru:
Came to revive this thread
its been a while in here
Re: Any Software Developer Or Programmer Willing To Relocate Abroad, Let's Roll by Olalekank(m): 4:02pm On Jun 29, 2022
How's it looking for everyone here?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Poor Planning Led To Failure Of Abuja Urban Mass Transport Scheme / Visa Application To Norway / How Do I Get To Sango Ota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.