Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics (92784 Views)

This Alaskan Road Was Repaired Under 4 Days After Being Destroyed By Earthquake / Man Eating Breakfast While Hanging On A Moving Bus In Lagos (Photos) / Lebanese Female Police Officers In Mini-Shorts To Attract Tourists (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Williams2020: 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
[quote author=kenny714433 post=90913858]That's why it's called "Adventure". It's risky and the risks makes it more fun for the adventurers.

I remember what happened to me after reading King Solomon's mine. Damn! A book that told horrifying journey into a dessert just to discover a mine filled with diamonds. Most of the characters died due to thirst and snow.

I smiled, decided to become the next adventurer. Since my place is quite near to blue river of Azumini, Abia state, I considered the river.

The lush vegetation and crystal blue river made the place resemble Caribbean sea. "Oh! Capt. Jack Sparrow d second is here" I boasted to all those who cared to listen.

As I stepped into the cold blue river, it gave me a scintillating and sweet feelings. Little did I know that my egungun is already dancing to the express and my village people won't stop the drum.

One small boy pushed me inside to check my skills and even ran away bcoz they were playing pursue game. I tried screaming for help, the more I did the more gulp I took. I fell like lead and was lucky to push my legs against the river floor.

A hand picked my collar and dragged me back to life. Instead of those little imps to feel sorry, they burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Na so swimming take end for me. Till today the only water I love is the one inside cup. My eyes red as if I smoke expired weed.

When I arrived home, I wrote in my diary "Today I survived shipwreck and was marooned in the island of blue sea. And my next adventure will be in the Bermuda.

I stubbed Upton this book in my secondary school library, that was in my JSS2 precisely, after reading few pages I could not help but steal the book home �
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Germi9: 10:19pm On Jun 22, 2020
but i thought the Yankees know everything,how come they didn't discover and trace the half a century bus and the victims?
All that glitters aint gold
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by nijabazaar: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2020
kenny714433:
That's why it's called "Adventure". It's risky and the risks makes it more fun for the adventurers.

I remember what happened to me after reading King Solomon's mine. Damn! A book that told horrifying journey into a dessert just to discover a mine filled with diamonds. Most of the characters died due to thirst and snow.

I smiled, decided to become the next adventurer. Since my place is quite near to blue river of Azumini, Abia state, I considered the river.

The lush vegetation and crystal blue river made the place resemble Caribbean sea. "Oh! Capt. Jack Sparrow d second is here" I boasted to all those who cared to listen.

As I stepped into the cold blue river, it gave me a scintillating and sweet feelings. Little did I know that my egungun is already dancing to the express and my village people won't stop the drum.

One small boy pushed me inside to check my skills and even ran away bcoz they were playing pursue game. I tried screaming for help, the more I did the more gulp I took. I fell like lead and was lucky to push my legs against the river floor.

A hand picked my collar and dragged me back to life. Instead of those little imps to feel sorry, they burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Na so swimming take end for me. Till today the only water I love is the one inside cup. My eyes red as if I smoke expired weed.

When I arrived home, I wrote in my diary "Today I survived shipwreck and was marooned in the island of blue sea. And my next adventure will be in the Bermuda.

Can we write a story together ?
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by manuelreports: 10:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
pyyxxaro:
Oyibo people too like adventure
When they have little problem to worry about what do you expect them to do?
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by armyofone(m): 10:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
I think it is just their mindset, nature, the search for "who am I"? etc I'm still trying to understand them grin

Ishilove:

Long story short- na overfeeding and happiness dey worry oyibo people. We are too busy trying to survive to explore the world.
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Explorers:
A film adaptation was released in September 2007, directed by Sean Penn and starring Emile Hirsch as McCandless.

This pushed many to hike the dangerous route to the abandoned bus.

The bus was airlifted away on Thursday, 18th June, 2020 for safety of tourists.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8438959/Abandoned-bus-famous-Into-The-Wild-removed-Alaskan-authorities.html

in truth where did the feeing school bus get there
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Tremple8v: 10:30pm On Jun 22, 2020
2weeks.news
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by jaxxy(m): 10:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
I’m not against adventure bt atleast do it with sense and for a sensible reason. There’s nothing to learn from this guys adventure. If u ask me undecided
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Rebuke: 10:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
luminouz:
Deep....

My love for adventure is second to none but ritual killers, herdsmen and now covid-19 no let person pass him boundary.

This bro won tear my belle with laughter here o grin

On a serious note, that's exactly my fear too. I like adventure like mad.

I remember my days in Jos, I and some of my friends would climbed mountains....we climbed mountains one day and discovered a strange settlement down the mountains.

We saw all manner of animals.

Gosh! Good old days.

We stopped the moment strange things were happening in that city. Life was not longer safe.
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by meobizy(f): 10:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
The African man’s disdain for adventure is glaring in the comments here. I spit on you clowns. The human body wasn’t meant to stay in one location for long, doing so is an insult to generations long of ancestors who walked everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by armyofone(m): 10:34pm On Jun 22, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

in truth where did the feeing school bus get there

The bus looked like those that transported researchers into the wild for wildlife research in those days.
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Ayiba0911: 10:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
hammed71:
what is life without adventures
What is adventure without LIFE.
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by lexxyrule(m): 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
kenny714433:
That's why it's called "Adventure". It's risky and the risks makes it more fun for the adventurers.

N nice one
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by fujirice: 10:50pm On Jun 22, 2020
Elimon:
Africa itself is here today because of peoples efforts and crazy ideas about adventuresand explorations of the wild..the unknown..
please lets take a of silence for those who died on crazy adventures to make the world what it is today
Please what do you mean by your first line?
Are you suggesting there won’t be Africa without adventurous explorers?
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by MrBONE2(m): 10:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
kenny714433:

grin

1 Like

Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Hamiltonii: 10:52pm On Jun 22, 2020
luminouz:
Deep....

My love for adventure is second to none but ritual killers, herdsmen and now covid-19 no let person pass him boundary.

I feel your pain cos we're one.
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by ajl: 10:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
Enough of this. Search for adventurous stories of people of your kind and tell us about. This fits same types of stories fed to Africans over the centuries that make average African see an average caucasian as a superhuman, not knowing they also could be whatever they want to be. When you find yourself being neglected by a an African receptionist in an hotel or anywhere, in your own country, in order to attend to a caucasian guest, do not blame them. They are only subconsciously yielding to attend to the false "demi-god" in human form your type have helped create. The human brain/mind is not as sophisticated as we presumed it is. It get trained easily to succumb to falsehoods.
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 22, 2020
jaxxy:
I’m not against adventure bt atleast do it with sense and for a sensible reason. There’s nothing to learn from this guys adventure. If u ask me undecided

At the end of the day, humans are intrigued by mystery... is this not the same oyinbos that make planes and mobile phones....

A stupid rusted bus...!!! Fascinating!!
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by CelestineNelson: 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
Explorers well done oo...I dey always enjoy your post

Explorers:
* In 1946, the bus was abandoned by construction workers just west of Teklanika River, Alaska.

* The 1940s-era bus was made famous by 24-year-old adventurer Chris McCandless who died in it during 1992 summer.

A 1940s-era bus where a 24-year-old adventurer starved to death in the Alaskan wilderness has been removed after tourists died while trying to reach it.

A US Army helicopter, Chinook airlifted the vehicle from the spot just west of the Teklanika River, where it had been left to rust for more than half a century.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8438959/Abandoned-bus-famous-Into-The-Wild-removed-Alaskan-authorities.html

1 Like

Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Hafyz23(m): 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2020
kenny714433:

I cried laughing�
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Chochovini: 11:09pm On Jun 22, 2020
BonPatrick:
Those that died for that bus are fools.
. I SECONDED. A Very BIG one at that. For crying out loud, whats so special about one old-rickety-damaged-rusty-uglylooking and abandon bus like that? That poeple with their six senses intact would be dying to go have a view at? It is just stuid it is stupid+ITY= stupidity.

1 Like

Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by phorget(m): 11:12pm On Jun 22, 2020
Enoch07:
some people can be funny sha, adventure that will kee me omo I will not embark I'm a black man jare

That is why nobody would ever remember your name, Oyinbos name always outlive the bearer of the name due to things like this.

1 Like

Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
philip0906:
Make I no lie, Oyinbo people dey burst person head atimes.

Their curiosity is out of this world. Like I can imagine a black man, dying while trying to reach a bus left in the wilderness, when no be say him papa leave generational wealth for there.

That's why they are ahead of us Haqhaqhaq

But I seriously crave this type of adventures sha

I just can't do it alone because na so craze dey take start
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Chuzoetoh(m): 11:15pm On Jun 22, 2020
Meatballs:
But how did the bus get there
Through brain surgery.
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
See powerful camera, see how the helicopter's blades are captured clearly.
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:45pm On Jun 22, 2020
Ugaboy:
The would bring the bus to nigeria museum

Naija mechanics, panel beaters and spray painters go work on am and use it for transport. Naija nor get time
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:07am On Jun 23, 2020
Ghost bus. That bus is haunted shocked
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by OdefaGirl(f): 12:17am On Jun 23, 2020
This people and adventures eehh cool cool

1 Like

Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by leeikem(m): 12:28am On Jun 23, 2020
pyyxxaro:
Oyibo people too like adventure

Their country is good, na when stew dey you go remember rice..
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by Martahi: 12:31am On Jun 23, 2020
All na wash, oyibo can lie a lot. If you reason am as a full blooded naija guy, this story no get meaning
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by cdm4live: 12:33am On Jun 23, 2020
kenny714433:

You must be a good copywriter
Re: Tourists Are Dying Trying To Reach This Abandoned Bus In Alaskan Wilderness(Pics by slivertongue: 12:38am On Jun 23, 2020
adventure hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. / Giant Cobra Killed And Swallowed Huge Python In Philippines(Photos) / Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.