Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,395 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra (42610 Views)

BREAKING: UK Government Apologises To Peter Obi Over Illegal Detention / Uche Nwosu: Imo Government Apologises To Anglican Church / Ghanaian Government Arrests 107 IPOB Members, Deports 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by benji93: 10:18pm On Jun 21, 2020
Do you mean a school that doesn't even have national accreditation in the US? No serious school would provide such a reply. That may not be the correct handle of the school self. I actually checked the website, and Nigeria is not even on the list. I am disappointed in you for putting out such information without verification.
MANDIPUTIN:
Nobody take Nigeria serious anymore. How the mighty has fallen.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by virginchaser(m): 11:12pm On Jun 21, 2020
The excavator operator ought to have been blessed with one bullet, then we start discussion from that point.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by Ellie01: 11:35pm On Jun 21, 2020
oshozondii:

https://www.tvcnews.tv/ghanaian-govt-apologises-after-demolition-of-nigerian-building-in-accra/

Can d Nigerians not copy the aesthetic structures built in ghana? Next time they shul be issued a building plan.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by NobleSeed(m): 12:51am On Jun 22, 2020
AutoReportNG:
How the mighty falls... Ghana of all places. Demolishing a country's embassy is paramount to declaring war on the nation.

Imagine demolishing US embassy cos of this excuse.

We go dey alright
the mighty has fall yakata.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by THMT: 1:16am On Jun 22, 2020
Torture2020:
apologise? can anyone show me where the Ghana Government apologised in that statement?

More of an explanation and diplomatic response not an apology.
Being sorry and being diplomatic are different, they are avoiding international sanctions not really the wrath of the Nigerian government.
There basically was inadequate security presence over there because it must have taken hours to cause such destruction.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by lastpage: 1:24am On Jun 22, 2020
seunmsg:
In addition, they should rebuild the demolished building and provide adequate security for the embassy.

Just imagine, dont we have guards at that Embassy?
They should have mowed down these criminals, coming to demolish and embassy at 10:30pm and the foolish Govt of Ghana is expressing REGRETS!

Nigerian Govt must put them on conditions, including they must handover everyone involved in that operation, including the man who falsely claim he owns the land, they must come and enjoy Nigeria's hospitality at Kudje Correctional facility.

All these nonsense is happening because Buhari appears to be in a COMA.

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by Ironi: 5:14am On Jun 22, 2020
lastpage:

Just imagine, dont we have guards at that Embassy?
They should have mowed down these criminals, coming to demolish and embassy at 10:30pm and the foolish Govt of Ghana is expressing REGRETS!

Nigerian Govt must put them on conditions, including they must handover everyone involved in that operation, including the man who falsely claim he owns the land, they must come and enjoy Nigeria's hospitality at Kudje Correctional facility.

All these nonsense is happening because Buhari appears to be in a COMA.

Stop fuming , you want to get heart attack?
Who told you the embassy was demolished?

Nigeria can’t do diddly squat, because Nigeria. Crooks and criminals are trying to use diplomats in the embassy as cover to steal a land. The building that was destroyed is on a separate plot from the embassy plot.

Nigerians are just plain criminals ! You would know the truth, foo!
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by rampantlover: 6:22am On Jun 22, 2020
Ghana will never apologise to a zoo...Ordinary Nigeria with no light and a herdsman as the president grin grin who is afraid to speak English
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by rampantlover: 6:25am On Jun 22, 2020
SavageResponse:
Apology not accepted!

Nigeria must retaliate!

Do you call this an apology? grin cheesy grin That zoo can't do a damn thing to a great country like Ghana
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by rampantlover: 6:29am On Jun 22, 2020
Nigerians should shut the fuckkkkkk up. Ghana just demolished a building while Buhari is demolishing a country I mean a zoo. Which one do you prefer? grin cheesy grin One country Ghanaians don't respect at all is Nigeria. A zoo full of criminals and don't care about their image or reputation.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by sulaak(m): 7:03am On Jun 22, 2020
The Ghananian government letter stated that they express regret of the incident.

Where is the apology?
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by Fhowe: 7:37am On Jun 22, 2020
Heavensent01:
imagine if obj was president? all ties with Ghana would be cut immediately

is it beef or envy that's making this small country to be treating us thrash
I too believe that man ooo baba himsef
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by Addme: 8:20am On Jun 22, 2020
seunmsg:

Sanctions maybe but war is taking it too far.
Replied.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by warboy3: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2020
fergie001:
In some climes, this is an act of war.

That zone is under Nigeria's Territory and ordinarily we should have security bodies there who should have dealt with this situation

All the same, they have apologised. We accept.

You must rebuild another and must sanction the protection of Nigerians and their properties.

A repeat act will meet a more commensurate response in kind.
.Oga ease u havent secure ur country na person own u want
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by Graysons: 8:40am On Jun 22, 2020
Where is the apology? lipsrsealed
Buhari is too Weak to be our president tbh.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by Spindletop: 8:42am On Jun 22, 2020
MANDIPUTIN:
Nobody take Nigeria serious anymore. How the mighty has fallen.

Just like nobody is taking your paidmaster iPod pig Kanu seriously. Even your own kinsmen shm!
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by Insectkiller: 9:23am On Jun 22, 2020
Mtchewww.
Ghana destroying Nigerian High Commission building.
This is ridiculous
Ghana completely bitten the finger that fed her..

Can this be ever done to a US or British embassy..even in WAR ridden nation's like Iraq,Iran, Pakistan, etc..

Ghanaian Govt should rebuild it and apologize..
And after that, Nigeria should cut the ties BTW them and Ghana.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by wailer1: 9:51am On Jun 22, 2020
no money was paid. the business man is the legitimate owner of the land.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by amosrich(m): 10:06am On Jun 22, 2020
Wow...see moral...Naija don cast
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by Litmus: 10:07am On Jun 22, 2020
Says more about Ghana than Nigeria. Any impartial observer with even half a brain wouldn’t look on Ghana with admiration, they’d think the act stupid and uncouth, Nigeria wouldn’t come into it except as victims of the act.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by abduljabbar4(m): 10:26am On Jun 22, 2020
King44:
Calm down I am aware of what he said as well and it is nothing but the truth it even goes deeper than he has explained but people's attention have not gone towards that direction and that is why they are still at large...

Oga there is a lot you don't know about how fraud/scam works in the country so keep quayet.

It's even likely you know but you are just playing dumb hypocrisy.

Let me say this for the third and last time, this is not a beer parlor. You can't be making claims up and down without a single document to serve as evidence. It's just like making a claim in court with no evidence or witness to support you. It doesn't work that way. If I can get a reputable source to verify your claims, I assure you that I will accept them wholeheartedly (unless I find a good reason to question it)
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by King44(m): 10:34am On Jun 22, 2020
abduljabbar4:

Let me say this for the third and last time, this is not a beer parlor. You can't be making claims up and down without a single document to serve as evidence. It's just like making a claim in court with no evidence or witness to support you. It doesn't work that way. If I can get a reputable source to verify your claims, I assure you that I will accept them wholeheartedly (unless I find a good reason to question it)
make I sing that naira market song again.... Aboki wire koni si owo na nsha allahu omaa rowo na....
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by SeniorGee(m): 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2020
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by SeniorGee(m): 1:16pm On Jun 22, 2020
https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Nigerian-High-Commission-property-Stay-away-from-our-land-Osu-Stool-986440
My fellow brethren, let's get the facts of the matter before shouting upandan... If na naija dem fit cover up but Ghana, dem go talk true.
I go shout after Ghana Govt don finish investigation.
Thank you
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by babytoun: 1:36pm On Jun 22, 2020
Sirwallace:

We had Obasanjo when Cameroun took Bakassi Peninsula. Heaven did not fall. There is limit to what you can do in a diplomatic dispute like this unless you are going for a full blown war.

Cameroun did not TAKE bakasi the icj awarded it to them ..before the determination of the case they knew their boundary even with the support of France
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by babytoun: 1:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
SeniorGee:
https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/Nigerian-High-Commission-property-Stay-away-from-our-land-Osu-Stool-986440
My fellow brethren, let's get the facts of the matter before shouting upandan... If na naija dem fit cover up but Ghana, dem go talk true.
I go shout after Ghana Govt don finish investigation.
Thank you

which investigation? ...even lands owned by traditional authority need court papers to attempt anything ..that is if they are dealing with an individual o ...not to talk of a foreign nation .

Nigeria must sound the clearest warning to Ghana while their govt take up the cost of rebuilding
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by SeniorGee(m): 1:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
babytoun:

which investigation? ...even lands owned by traditional authority need court papers to attempt anything ..that is if they are dealing with an individual o ...not to talk of a foreign nation .

Nigeria must sound the clearest warning to Ghana while their govt take up the cost of rebuilding
Oga read the article, the traditional ruler claims to have a title, and the other party does not, although that does not give them the impetus to demolish the structure, so let the govt do due diligence. We wait for the truth pls
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by jrtorrents: 3:43pm On Jun 22, 2020
Just reading a bit on it, it appears the land in question belongs to the traditional chief of the area. The ambassador is using his diplomatic status to forcible acquire the land without due process.

That price of land is one of the most expensive in Ghana and can costs millions of dollars.

Regardless I don’t think demolition without court was good thing. The case needs to go to court for further clarification.

1 Like

Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by fergie001: 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
warboy3:
.Oga ease u havent secure ur country na person own u want
By UN Statute, the diplomatic mission of any Country in another Country is a Sovereign territory of that Country.

What it means is that the US Embassy in Abuja is seen as owned by the USA and will be secured with everything therein.
Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by Torture2020: 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2020
crap

[s]
babytoun:

[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by Torture2020: 3:59pm On Jun 22, 2020
don't they demolish illegal structures in Nigeria? What I want to know is who really owns that piece of land. if the party that demolished the building legally owns the land, then there is nothing anybody can do about it. I suspect the man who carried out the demolition is the true owner of that land. the embassy is just trying to throw dust into people's eyes. cool the truth will come out soon
SeniorGee:

Oga read the article, the traditional ruler claims to have a title, and the other party does not, although that does not give them the impetus to demolish the structure, so let the govt do due diligence. We wait for the truth pls

2 Likes

Re: Ghanaian Government Apologises After Demolition Of Nigerian Building In Accra by babytoun: 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
Torture2020:
don't they demolish illegal structures in Nigeria? What I want to know is who really owns that piece of land. if the party that demolished the building legally owns the land, then there is nothing anybody can do about it. I suspect the man who carried out the demolition is the true owner of that land. the embassy is just trying to throw dust into people's eyes. cool the truth will come out soon

you are not making sense....

Even for normal person to person land dispute it is only the courts that have authority to issue papers to demolish ...

you seem not to understand how diplomatic engagements work ...the apology from the Ghana authorities is a damage limitation move becuase it is shocking to the diplomatic community in Ghana..

people like you will be quick to condemn systemic racism but support this kind of disrespectful behaviour against a west African neighbour.

where this nonsense happened is just 2 buildings away from the Canadian high commision and less than 10 minutes walk to the police Force headquarters...there is no way the authorities in Ghana did not know about this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Masked Oyo Indigenes Give Fulani, Hausa 30days To Leave Yorubaland / Look At What Police Men Do (photo) / Kwankwaso's Brothers House Searched By Police: Ex Governor Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.