Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,993 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling (54459 Views)

Odemwingie announces retirement from football / Carl Ikeme Announces His Retirement From Football / WWE Legend Big Show Has Retired From Wrestling After His Contract Expired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 11:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
Emaprince:
The real taker I know is the one that fought in 90s when wrestling was very entertaining.

Back then, you will never ever see his face. His long hairs usually cover every skin on his face. His entrance is usually greeted with all lights out and an occult sound.

Mehnnnn....dude was scary.

The recent under taker exposed his face and started fighting like every other person. He is talking now unlike back then when you won't hear nadda from him
yeah.two different undertakers.. The one you are talking about reigned from 80s to early 90s..infact the two met in the ring and stared at each other for a long time and the former departed and was never seen again.. So this present one started in the 90s
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by GeneralPula: 11:29pm On Jun 22, 2020
Siki355:
this guy was scary that year sha

and hardly loses a match

I tell you bro.

He’s my Sec Fav after Stone cold!
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 11:31pm On Jun 22, 2020
Even Hulk Hogan that retired years ago is still 60 something.
It's the same Undertaker

Me I started watching WWE 1998 or thereabouts
Kingnelson9:
Are telling us that his 55yrs ? I doubt it bro,i have been hearin this name for ages.he should be close to 70yrs nw.

1 Like

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
stormborn28:
yeah.two different undertakers.. The one you are talking about reigned from 80s to early 90s..infact the two met in the ring and stared at each other for a long time and the former departed and was never seen again.. So this present one started in the 90s
with Hulk Hogan?
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 11:33pm On Jun 22, 2020
Lovelyn451:
I really don't think so, u can see one of hogan's eye is blind till date, he wears a patch on it sometimes. I watched the fight with yokozuna(the fat man on strong satellite dish) that blinded that eye. There was no rules during their time, most of them use charms even including this undertaker sef
you got it... There was a wrestler called Papa Shagon ...that man uses charms.. I have never seen him fight but there will always be light out once in enters the ring and when the light comes on his victim ( opponent ) is usually covered with blood

1 Like

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
Emaprince:
The real taker I know is the one that fought in 90s when wrestling was very entertaining.

Back then, you will never ever see his face. His long hairs usually cover every skin on his face. His entrance is usually greeted with all lights out and an occult sound.

Mehnnnn....dude was scary.

The recent under taker exposed his face and started fighting like every other person. He is talking now unlike back then when you won't hear nadda from him
This one is scary too. He used to wear one big round cap that coverd his face. It's in the ring he would open that cap when it is time to fight
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2020
andrewtosin:
with Hulk Hogan?
not Hulk Hogan.. There was an undertaker before the present one that is retiring
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 11:37pm On Jun 22, 2020
stormborn28:
you got it... There was a wrestler called Papa Shagon ...that man uses charms.. I have never seen him fight but there will always be light out once in enters the ring and when the light comes on his victim ( opponent ) is usually covered with blood
There is one that uses snake too. We used to call him then "baba elejo" meaning baba the snake owner grin
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 11:38pm On Jun 22, 2020
SOPWriter:
1984 - 2020 is a long time, Mark William Calaway. Happy retirement, and thanks for entertaining us!
no. There was one before him.. That was the one that reigned from 80s to early 90s. That very one doesn't have his body size... He is a bit slimmer
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 11:39pm On Jun 22, 2020
stormborn28:
not Hulk Hogan.. There was an undertaker before the present one that is retiring
i wanted you to clarify if this present one was in the class of hulk Hogan?
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 11:40pm On Jun 22, 2020
andrewtosin:
i wanted you to clarify if this present one was in the class of hulk Hogan?
no. The one before him.. He is slimmer than this one. You cannot see his face
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 11:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
andrewtosin:
There is one that uses snake too. We used to call him then "baba elejo" meaning baba the snake owner grin
yes. Jakes the snake
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 11:42pm On Jun 22, 2020
stormborn28:
no. The one before him.. He is slimmer than this one. You cannot see his face
I don't think so sir. This present one fought with Hulk Hogan. I think he fought with Warrior too.

Though they might be his senior though

1 Like

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 11:44pm On Jun 22, 2020
andrewtosin:
I think Bret Hart retired early 2000 or thereabouts.

Another match was match between Stone Cold and The Rock. Omo nobody won that match oh. cheesy before they finished the program (as it was a TV station that was showing it every weekday)
I later heard from those that watched the WWE video later that Stone Cold won
yes. I remembered the fight. It was a long battle. It is just that Stone Cold is stubborn. He is a Lone Wolf
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 11:46pm On Jun 22, 2020
stormborn28:
yes. Jakes the snake
Bro you sabi. I don't really know them by names. The three I know then was Hulk Hogan, Warrior and Undertaker....
Then later, Stone Cold, Batista, The Rock, John Cena, etc
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 11:48pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bro... I'm telling you
stormborn28:
yes. I remembered the fight. It was a long battle. It is just that Stone Cold is stubborn. He is a Lone Wolf
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 11:49pm On Jun 22, 2020
andrewtosin:
I don't think so sir. This present one fought with Hulk Hogan. I think he fought with Warrior too.

Though they might be his senior though
of course. I didn't dispute this very one not fighting Hulk Hogan.. Hulk Hogan was still wrestling till late 90s or even early 2000s. This very undertaker I'm talking about started his career in the 80s and left in the early 90s.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by stormborn28(m): 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2020
andrewtosin:
Bro you sabi. I don't really know them by names. The three I know then was Hulk Hogan, Warrior and Undertaker....
Then later, Stone Cold, Batista, The Rock, John Cena, etc
I know a lot of them then.. It is just that the present set of wrestlers don't interest me again. WWF was my favourite not WWE
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 12:11am On Jun 23, 2020
stormborn28:
I know a lot of them then.. It is just that the present set of wrestlers don't interest me again. WWF was my favourite not WWE
they don't interest me again sef.

By the way what's the difference between WWF and WWE?
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 12:12am On Jun 23, 2020
stormborn28:
of course. I didn't dispute this very one not fighting Hulk Hogan.. Hulk Hogan was still wrestling till late 90s or even early 2000s. This very undertaker I'm talking about started his career in the 80s and left in the early 90s.
Okay bro.
Because I could remember one match between Hulk Hogan and Undertaker back then
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by scilover: 3:36am On Jun 23, 2020
I’m glad he’s retiring from wrestling. I remember my first time watching him as a kid and now as an adult he was still wrestling. He has entertained us all a lot, its time for him to take break.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Damidave1124(m): 6:11am On Jun 23, 2020
kenigwe18:

You self watch that match
I felt for the guy then, remain small person shed tears
Yea, I stopped watching wrestling after that match, I almost cried
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Kingnelson9: 7:33am On Jun 23, 2020
stormborn28:
there was one before him
how old was that one when he retired?
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by judedwriter(m): 1:08pm On Jun 23, 2020
Good one...

His signature finishing move: the choke hold slam, is what makes him so famous.
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Youngson88(m): 3:11pm On Jun 23, 2020
He is the greatest wrestler of all time.

He has been in the game since 1984.

He debuted in November 1990 in survivor series and was announced into the ring by Million Dollar Man

He made my Childhood memory about wrestling Awesome,

I still remember his Ministry of Darkness Story lines and Casket matches.

What a maestro.

All the best Mark William Calaway : The Undertaker

1 Like

Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Ayobami7(m): 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
stormborn28:

there was one undertaker earlier than him. That one left the moment he came in... There was a scene in which both of them meant in the ring. After a close stare at each other they pathed ways and the former never came back to wrestling again.
You are pulling my leg jo smiley
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Swtbabyvee(f): 11:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
andrewtosin:

it’s different wrestlers in different platforms. WWE, smackdown , WWF , RAW , there is one one , WWE has the best wrestlers male and female . John cena is in wwe , I think Rock is in RAW. That’s just how it is .
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by Swtbabyvee(f): 11:56pm On Jun 23, 2020
andrewtosin:

it’s different wrestlers in different platforms. WWE, smackdown , WWF , RAW , there is new one , WWE has the best wrestlers male and female . John cena is in wwe , I think Rock is in RAW. That’s just how it is .
Re: Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling by andrewtosin(m): 12:09am On Jun 24, 2020
You watch wrestling?
Swtbabyvee:
it’s different wrestlers in different platforms. WWE, smackdown , WWF , RAW , there is new one , WWE has the best wrestlers male and female . John cena is in wwe , I think Rock is in RAW. That’s just how it is .

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles / Odion Ighalo’s Mother, Martina, Watches Him Play For The First Time In Stadium / World Cup Final: See Moment Fans Invaded The Pitch (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.